•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic @ Shelby Valley 11/28 2A Semi Finals
EKUAlum05 Wrote:NCC played Belfry in 2006.

Belfry won 7-6.

NCC went on to win the State Title in 2A. Belfry reached the Semi-Finals before getting dominated by Russell 19-0.

That 2006 NewCath team was much better than the 2014 edition of NewCath. That was one of the weaker Belfry teams of the past decade.

Belfry is 3-0 in their last 3 matchups against NKY teams defeating previously mentioned NewCath, Cov. Holy Cross, and Lloyd Memorial. The Lloyd team they beat in the Semi's is probably the best Lloyd Memorial team of the past 20 years.

For the sake of comparison last year:
NewCath 49
Somerset 48

Belfry 37
Somerset 12

2006, the NewCath team that started the season 1-5? The one that had to replace 18 starters from the year before? Last year, NewCath was decent compared to other years, but were behind every other NewCath team to make a state final. We can cherry pick years all we want, but what does that have to do w/ this year?
Big Dog13 Wrote:NCC will probably dominate this game unless they let Shelby valleys field goal kicker become a factor. One of the best in Kentucky 1-6 A:worthy:

If a field goal kicker is a factor, neither team is dominating the other.
I can't wait to hear all of the excuses roll in from these NCC fans after Valley gets the W. Here is a preview of some 1.) Such a long drive couped up in the car the kids were tired already lol. 2.) The kids were all filled up on Turkey day food from the day before. 3.) Those refs were obviously home cooking for the Wildcats. 4.) Shelby Valley held every play lol.
sportsguru4u Wrote:I can't wait to hear all of the excuses roll in from these NCC fans after Valley gets the W. Here is a preview of some 1.) Such a long drive couped up in the car the kids were tired already lol. 2.) The kids were all filled up on Turkey day food from the day before. 3.) Those refs were obviously home cooking for the Wildcats. 4.) Shelby Valley held every play lol.

#1, they make an annual 3 1/2 hour trip already around this time of year.
#2, they know how to eat on Thanksgiving in preparation of the game the next day.
#3, it is the mountains, but neutral refs in the playoffs.
#4. they are going to have to. It's only holding if you get caught.
30 going on 40 Wrote:#1, they make an annual 3 1/2 hour trip already around this time of year.
#2, they know how to eat on Thanksgiving in preparation of the game the next day.

Heh. That is very true. Confusednicker:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Glad to hear that you guys will be coming up with new excuses instead of the usual ones then. Because you aren't getting back on that bus with anything that you didn't come with besides an L.
Big Dog13 Wrote:NCC will probably dominate this game unless they let Shelby valleys field goal kicker become a factor. One of the best in Kentucky 1-6 A:worthy:

Huh? :confused:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sportsguru4u Wrote:Glad to hear that you guys will be coming up with new excuses instead of the usual ones then. Because you aren't getting back on that bus with anything that you didn't come with besides an L.

But the usual ones are so solid.
#21 from Shelby valley is possibly the best field goal kicker in the state and has been injured and will be playing against NCC this Friday night
30 going on 40 Wrote:If a field goal kicker is a factor, neither team is dominating the other.

BD 13 was trying to interject some humor because their kicking game is lets say, nonexistent. I think they gave up on it in Sept.:notbad:
More Cowbell Wrote:Huh? :confused:

He's attempting to insult Shelby Valley by poking at the kicker. Shelby Valley's kicker is one of the worst in the 15th Region.
sportsguru4u Wrote:I can't wait to hear all of the excuses roll in from these NCC fans after Valley gets the W. Here is a preview of some 1.) Such a long drive couped up in the car the kids were tired already lol. 2.) The kids were all filled up on Turkey day food from the day before. 3.) Those refs were obviously home cooking for the Wildcats. 4.) Shelby Valley held every play lol.

Those are the first four plays in the mountain playbook. :hilarious:
LHR are out and SV in ranked higher in 2a than NCC. Looks like we are the underdogs again!
strawberryshakeman Wrote:BD 13 was trying to interject some humor because their kicking game is lets say, nonexistent. I think they gave up on it in Sept.

Real Badman Wrote:He's attempting to insult Shelby Valley by poking at the kicker. Shelby Valley's kicker is one of the worst in the 15th Region.

Nice. Stay classy up there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
strawberryshakeman Wrote:LHR are out and SV in ranked higher in 2a than NCC. Looks like we are the underdogs again!

First time I've ever seen a team called an underdog, when people expect them to put a running clock on their opponent...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
strawberryshakeman Wrote:LHR are out and SV in ranked higher in 2a than NCC. Looks like we are the underdogs again!

FWIW, Massey Ratings lean towards SV as well
sportsguru4u Wrote:Glad to hear that you guys will be coming up with new excuses instead of the usual ones then. Because you aren't getting back on that bus with anything that you didn't come with besides an L.
And what are the excuses that will be made by the SV Fans, when NCC takes that semi-state hardware back to NKY, where it has been for a while???
According to NCC fans we won't need to make any excuses because we don't have a chance to win the game. We haven't played any good comp and all NKY teams are superior to EKY teams so why would a far inferior team need to make up an excuse for losing a game we aren't suppose to be able to compete in ? That is why you and all your fans will be highly dissapointed when you go home with an L. :happysmile:
Onespiritedfan Wrote:And what are the excuses that will be made by the SV Fans, when NCC takes that semi-state hardware back to NKY, where it has been for a while???

Why would SV fans need any excuses? If we get beat, we get beat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sportsguru4u Wrote:According to NCC fans we won't need to make any excuses because we don't have a chance to win the game. We haven't played any good comp and all NKY teams are superior to EKY teams so why would a far inferior team need to make up an excuse for losing a game we aren't suppose to be able to compete in ? That is why you and all your fans will be highly dissapointed when you go home with an L. :happysmile:

I NEVER said SV didn't have a chance to win, don't let the words of a few fans, ruin your impression of the whole NEWCATH fan base. I for one have certainly not held what a few SV Fans have had to say, cloud my judgement of the SV fan base as a whole. Any team can be beaten on any given day, I just don't believe this Friday will be SV's day to beat NCC. People always seem to make excuses when they lose. If we lose, I'll be the first to say congrats to SV, I DON'T MAKE EXCUSES, and I don't believe that the majority of the Newcath fan base does either. Of course there are always those fans on both side of the ball, who are not realistic and expect too much. They let their pride and love for their team, blind then from the truth and reality. There's nothing wrong with being proud of one's team or believing in them to the end.
Now having said that, good luck and let the best team win. GO BREDS!!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Why would SV fans need any excuses? If we get beat, we get beat.

Ditto for NewCath. If Shelby Valley pulls off the win I'll be 100% behind them in Bowling Green.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Real Badman Wrote:Alright, you don't have a realistic expectation of EKY football. Since you believe Prestonsburg or Valley are not good football teams, contact Philip Haywood and put Belfry on your schedule. I'm pretty certain they have openings week 0, 2, and 6. They'll show you real fast what an EKY football team is made of. Maybe then you'll understand EKY football.

NKU would beat EKU in football and NKU doesnt have a team. thats how bad ur football is. lol
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:NKU would beat EKU in football and NKU doesnt have a team. thats how bad ur football is. lol

If NKU did have a team, they would probably lose to Belfry. :notworthy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:NKU would beat EKU in football and NKU doesnt have a team. thats how bad ur football is. lol

EKU is actually in more of Central Kentucky.

Please god tell me your joking. Someone get this moron off of here lol
30 going on 40 Wrote:#1, they make an annual 3 1/2 hour trip already around this time of year.
If NCC was as good as some of you "analysts" act wouldn't they be playing at their home field on Friday night?
Shelby Valley in a shocker. GO Valley from a Williamsburg,Corbin and Leslie fan :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Shelby Valley in a shocker. GO Valley from a Williamsburg,Corbin and Leslie fan :Cheerlead

Ole' 64 supporting Valley! NCC is deff in trouble now!
NCC fans want understand about the cell signal in the valley..panic fever will set in on the fans. 64SUR Confusednicker:
Valley fans, win or lose - let this create a program. Go get in a Pike Central players ear and try to get him in blue. Go find a basketball player and say "you playing football next year?" - make Valley an attraction. You have one of the best facilities around and a team to match. You guys are in the driver's seat to create something special there. God bless you guys, kick the crap out of NewCath and let's party in BG together. GO WILDCATS.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next