•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
On two of the above points, in the North scrimmage I know Collier did not play, not cleared yet, and I am pretty sure Rice was going to be held out with a minor ankle injury. Still shouldn't have got hammered like that though. As for Barger at KC, since he has only been out of football a week, you have to think that had something to do with it. I'm sure he'll be there when it counts.
Yea I think North has some work to do if they are planning on competing for a regional championship. Not having Rice shouldn't effect them that much
HCS Wrote:I don't think Shackleford has coached anywhere but Middlesboro.
I think Lewis Morris coached there for a short time. He's the coach at Bell.
How embarrassing. Kevin Spurlock, Hazard coach, 2004 All A championship. Roscoe Shackleford former Hazard coach in an older than dirt era. To be able to transpose those
two and think either could be Middlesboro's coach requires an extraordinary form of
dementia. I like the posts of you guys in the 15th. Hopefully I can contribute something of relevance in the future.
HCS Wrote:What's the story on Barger and Adams? Neither was dressed out for the scrimmage. Barger wasn't even sitting with the team.

Have not practiced. From my understanding the new coach has put an emphasis on conditioning, may be after Xmas before Barger and Adam start getting major minutes.
insideinfo Wrote:Have not practiced. From my understanding the new coach has put an emphasis on conditioning, may be after Xmas before Barger and Adam start getting major minutes.

I don't believe that insideinfo....Barger will start. :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:I don't believe that insideinfo....Barger will start. :HitWall:

I believe they both will start.I just have been hearing there minutes will be limited early
The new coaching at Knox seems to be having early issues with the players! If they can't start being cooperative then the favorites are obviously Clay and Corbin.
Being so cooperative could be why previous coaches had trouble winning big games.
What is it the new coach isn't doing to be cooperative?
I think North has some work to do, but I also believe they all have work to do, at least they better hope they are not playing at full throttle right now. From what I hear the North game wasnt as bad as some said. the younger boys played the fourth so that might be where some of the scoring happened. North will Be fine, i'm sure, They have a coach that will work til they are.
In the 14th I heard that Letcher Central looked really good along with Buckhorn.
North scrimmage I heard broughton and jeffers played well. Also heard adam sizemore the 8th grader played tons of minutes and played well after the nerves settled a little.
three Wrote:I think North has some work to do, but I also believe they all have work to do, at least they better hope they are not playing at full throttle right now. From what I hear the North game wasnt as bad as some said. the younger boys played the fourth so that might be where some of the scoring happened. North will Be fine, i'm sure, They have a coach that will work til they are.
In the 14th I heard that Letcher Central looked really good along with Buckhorn.

I have to agree...Id say no one is very sharp right now...CChas their first scrimmage at Pulaski tomorrow night. Enterested to see how we are going to look...Hoping for the best.
Buckhorn is my, not so darkhorse, in the 14th.
Bryan Station had to be one of the worst possible matchups for North with the quickness they always have. North may not play anyone that quick the rest of the year.
No disrespect intended but I dont think it will take a lot of quickness to cause North trouble this season.
That could be true.
My point is that Bryan Station is usually among the quickest teams in the state. That has to compound the problem of North playing such a big lineup.
It would be good if North could scrimmage them again, but I think they have PCC, which is not a bad team either. from what I understand the only young player to get alot of min was the 8th grader(heck of a way to get initiated playing Bryan Station) until late in the game. If they do play PCC Coach Sizemore is really trying to prepare his team for their schedule. I agree with Count on Buckhorn having a chance if they shoot a high percentage they can beat anyone in the 14th.
PCC will be another good game for NL. They played pretty fast Sat. against Wayne. Courious to see how North's bigs handle Tobler, very strong on the block and crazy athlectic. Beverly and Broughton could score 60 apiece.Confusednicker:
Corbin wont have much depth this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin wont have much depth this year.

We don't want to hear these lies. Confusednicker: CoAch P. will jerk some sixth graders out and they will average 15 a game and Corbin will be heck to beat just like every other year.
Number One Fan Wrote:If this coach will play he best players and not go by who you are crap that Middlesboro in known for, should have a decent season. Major Edwards will be the best player on the court joined with Robbins, these two will be tough.

This team will not win more than 5 games!
Count Wrote:We don't want to hear these lies. Confusednicker: CoAch P. will jerk some sixth graders out and they will average 15 a game and Corbin will be heck to beat just like every other year.

If theres a coach that can do it, its definitely him, but I heard they didn't even have many frosh.
I guess there is really no one in the region with any real depth. I'd say at best most teams will play seven players. CC may go eight with the addition of Carr but I'm guessing for defense or just to rest the starters a few mins.
Has anyone seen Knox play? are they trying play fast under the new coach ?
Mcdouble Wrote:you're all gonna get spanked by Middlesboro. These boys are ready to play the game of basketball. They will put the ball in the hoop many times a game.

It's going to take a while for Middlesboro. Not many teams lost as much as Middlesboro in graduation and they didn't have a real good year last season.
Baconator Wrote:Middlesboro looks like there in top 3 in region this year! Just saying wait and see.

Top 3 in the region and you get hammered in your first scrimmage...
Middlesboro may be 12th or 13th in the region.
cchsfan4life Wrote:Top 3 in the region and you get hammered in your first scrimmage...
This is a shame. I am so sick of the way Middlesboro handles ALL their sports programs. There are plenty of boys capable of playing basketball in that high school. But, until they hire a BASKETBALL coach that does not play favorites and only talks with a certain few about playing for him, this will never stop. He was the third choice of being hired for this position, I am not sure why the other interviews went south, but this was a bad choice. And no I don't hate the guy, he has been an assistant for years with Middlesboro and you would think he would have the ability to recruit talent. They say he is really good to the kids and I know that counts for a lot. But you need to be mature enough to know kids who are capable of winning a ball game and not calling certain kids God's gift of talent when obviously you have no clue. Just because you shoot the ball every time you get your hands on it does not make you talented. It's selfish basketball and individualism. Middlesboro should never be beat that bad at any sport. They say there are no kids...please, I get so sick of hearing that. There are plenty of kids that would love to be a part of something, but you pick and choose based on bias and who is who. Take a look around you!
cchsfan4life Wrote:Top 3 in the region and you get hammered in your first scrimmage...

I had them 15th in my rankings last April, just ahead of Lynn Camp and Red Bird. If they end up 12th, it's a big improvement.
Middlesboro will make some improvement but it will take some time. They just don't have the talent they usually have.
Number One Fan Wrote:This is a shame. I am so sick of the way Middlesboro handles ALL their sports programs. There are plenty of boys capable of playing basketball in that high school. But, until they hire a BASKETBALL coach that does not play favorites and only talks with a certain few about playing for him, this will never stop. He was the third choice of being hired for this position, I am not sure why the other interviews went south, but this was a bad choice. And no I don't hate the guy, he has been an assistant for years with Middlesboro and you would think he would have the ability to recruit talent. They say he is really good to the kids and I know that counts for a lot. But you need to be mature enough to know kids who are capable of winning a ball game and not calling certain kids God's gift of talent when obviously you have no clue. Just because you shoot the ball every time you get your hands on it does not make you talented. It's selfish basketball and individualism. Middlesboro should never be beat that bad at any sport. They say there are no kids...please, I get so sick of hearing that. There are plenty of kids that would love to be a part of something, but you pick and choose based on bias and who is who. Take a look around you!

I've not met a coach yet who doesn't want to win or who doesn't pick the best players. Parents, I've noticed, like to blame the coaches as an excuse when their kid isn't as good as someone else.
HCS Wrote:I've not met a coach yet who doesn't want to win or who doesn't pick the best players. Parents, I've noticed, like to blame the coaches as an excuse when their kid isn't as good as someone else.
Look, I am not a parent with a kid that plays any sports at this time. I did have a few years back. Decent player, got playing time. Let's get that perfectly clear. I have been a Middlesboro fan a many a year. Things have changed, kids don't want to play, they quit in the middle of the season, and I have watched the way certain players are handled. Middlesboro really does not have that much of a choice this year, but like I said earlier, Hale, Robbins, and Edwards are about as good as it is going to get and they are good. Shoffner did a decent job last night. But, you play to win with what you have, but if you were smart, you would have more of a bench with talking with these kids to get them to play.
I think it's one of the most common misconceptions that there are numerous great players walking the halls at all schools.
If they aren't playing, that means they probably aren't willing to put in the work to be a good player, much less a great one.
I've seen coaches every fall think they have a great athlete in another sport, football or baseball usually, who will come in as a junior or senior and help the team. I think coach Shackleford had a few of those this fall at Middlesboro, from what I heard. They almost always don't actually show up when the work begins, or they quit early in the season, and then you have to rework your rotation.
It's easy to say you "could have" been great, and it's the "coach's fault" I'm not there.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next