•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11-21( Region Championship )
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I have to disagree with you 64. Any doctor will be able to tell it was Yellow Jacket stings. Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Another stats

Williamsburg Qb Skyler Griffith 99/163 for 2,117 yds passing 37 Touchdown
Hazard Qb Tanner Morgan 132/214 for 2,212 yds passing 29 Touchdown

Williamsburg Wr Cory Shelton 45 receptions for 1,066 yards 17 Touchdown
Hazard Wr Jason Johnson 41 receptions for 810 yards 9 Touchdown
Williamsburg Wr Chase Lowrie 29 receptions for 661 yards 11 Touchdown
Hazard Wr Trey Higgins 38 receptions for 639 yards 10 Touchdown

Hazard Rb Brandon Jones 159 rushing attempt 1,741 yards 30 Touchdown
Williamsburg Rb Fred Massey 66 rushing attempt 769 yards 17 Touchdown
Hazard Qb/Rb Tanner Morgan 51 rushing attempt 60 yards 3 Touchdown
Williamsburg Qb/Rb Skyler Griffith 66 rushing attempt 562 yards 12 Touchdown

Just something to think about. :Cheerlead
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Going to go with my Dawgs and Jones will tough to man handle coming out of the backfield.Kudos to Williamsburg and Hazard for making it thus far.Will be electrifying.

Massey will be hard to handle coming out of the Williamsburg backfield.
pjdoug Wrote:Massey will be hard to handle coming out of the Williamsburg backfield.

If a team doesnt have a defense he will be, but a team with a pulse could stop him.
64SUR Wrote:Will coach dixon punt the the ball this year. :pondering:

Will he need to punt against a kami kaze defense?
killbilly usmc Wrote:The duke boys, and company take this one, that is if cooter is over his injury.

The Duke Boys are in Hazzard.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Will he need to punt against a kami kaze defense?

He might not get a chance
pjdoug Wrote:The Duke Boys are in Hazzard.

I know thats why i picked hazard.
64SUR Wrote:Another stats

Williamsburg Qb Skyler Griffith 99/163 for 2,117 yds passing 37 Touchdown
Hazard Qb Tanner Morgan 132/214 for 2,212 yds passing 29 Touchdown

Williamsburg Wr Cory Shelton 45 receptions for 1,066 yards 17 Touchdown
Hazard Wr Jason Johnson 41 receptions for 810 yards 9 Touchdown
Williamsburg Wr Chase Lowrie 29 receptions for 661 yards 11 Touchdown
Hazard Wr Trey Higgins 38 receptions for 639 yards 10 Touchdown

Hazard Rb Brandon Jones 159 rushing attempt 1,741 yards 30 Touchdown
Williamsburg Rb Fred Massey 66 rushing attempt 769 yards 17 Touchdown
Hazard Qb/Rb Tanner Morgan 51 rushing attempt 60 yards 3 Touchdown
Williamsburg Qb/Rb Skyler Griffith 66 rushing attempt 562 yards 12 Touchdown

Just something to think about. :Cheerlead

:Clap:
mayfield_9 Wrote:Will he need to punt against a kami kaze defense?

Dixon want punt coach Herron has done some figuring also...I think Confusednicker:
64sur Wrote:i'm telling everybody hazard want know what hit them...marked it down :wieghts::wieghts::wieghts:

bam!!!!!!!
mayfield_9 Wrote:bam!!!!!!!

Did you mark it down?
64SUR Wrote:Dixon want punt coach Herron has done some figuring also...I think Confusednicker:

what kind of figuring?
NO, but i marked down that massey cant be stopped.
pjdoug Wrote:did you mark it down?

x _/
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Mr. 1974, you seem to be searching for some numbers and seem to be into stats. I like numbers and stats myself so I have some for you.

I personally have not seen Williamsburg play this year, but I do have a couple knowledgeable friends who have seen last years and this years team play. Dalton Sizemore would be a huge loss to any team. He was one heck of a QB who could tuck and run when needed, but he wasn't very elusive he was a power runner (FB type). Skyler Griffith is a heck of a QB/ATH who has proven he can not only throw the ball, but can also tuck and run with difference being his speed. He is a very elusive athlete who is a different animal to stop.

Although Williamsburg lost one heck of a QB in Sizemore they gained another with similar yet different skill set in Griffith.

Williamsburg was tested last year in the regular season against North Laurel and Wayne County in which they lost both games 31-14 and 40-12. This years edition hasn't faced the likes of last years Wayne County team, but they have faced a good Newport team on the road, who is playing in a regional championship game this week, and came away with a victory 31-22.

Now for some stats. To be fair both stats are through week 12 of each respective year.

Sizemore: Passing 137 Comp 230 Att for 60% comp with 2,369 yards 26TD's 6INT's

Griffith: Passing 99 Comp 163 Att for 61% comp with 2,117 yards 37TD's 2INT's

Sizemore: Rushing 95 carries for 381 yards 11 TD's - 4.01 YPC
Griffith: Rushing 66 carries for 562 yards 12 TD's - 8.51 YPC

Sizemore total yards and TD's 2,750/37
Griffith total yards and TD's 2,679/49

I hope this helps you understand 74 why 64 and the Williamsburg faithful are not worried about there offense.

I understand what you are saying about the stats and you should also look at the total offense numbers. That will tell you why I said what I said about having a new offense this year. They have more weapons this year so it won't be the same as Sizemore accounting for all the yardage. Also, if you reread my posts you should be able to see that I wasn't taking a shot at Williamsburg. I also made it very clear this offense could very well be better. I said that several times actually. The only point I was trying to get across was that they have a completely new group of players that are making up for the total yardage this year. For example, somebody made the comment that they had nine returning starters on offense. However, Williamsburg had a total of 4500+ yards last year and one player was responsible for all of those yards except a thousand of them. In my observation, that means they have new kids getting those yardage totals whom have not yet been through the playoffs having them tested. You're right, they were tested against Newport. They have a descent defense. They also have been putting up several of the same type of numbers, which goes to why I said they could very well be better this year. All I meant was that it could be a question mark because they don't have the same offense that took them to the championship game.
baseball1974 Wrote:I understand what you are saying about the stats and you should also look at the total offense numbers. That will tell you why I said what I said about having a new offense this year. They have more weapons this year so it won't be the same as Sizemore accounting for all the yardage. Also, if you reread my posts you should be able to see that I wasn't taking a shot at Williamsburg. I also made it very clear this offense could very well be better. I said that several times actually. The only point I was trying to get across was that they have a completely new group of players that are making up for the total yardage this year. For example, somebody made the comment that they had nine returning starters on offense. However, Williamsburg had a total of 4500+ yards last year and one player was responsible for all of those yards except a thousand of them. In my observation, that means they have new kids getting those yardage totals whom have not yet been through the playoffs having them tested. You're right, they were tested against Newport. They have a descent defense. They also have been putting up several of the same type of numbers, which goes to why I said they could very well be better this year. All I meant was that it could be a question mark because they don't have the same offense that took them to the championship game.

You still believe baseball1974 that Hazard JV team Will start in the 3rd.qtr...Just asking...:devilflam
64SUR Wrote:You still believe baseball1974 that Hazard JV team Will start in the 3rd.qtr...Just asking...:devilflam

So you are saying hazard will put there jv in, in the 3rd. Come on 64 hazard wont get a running clock on the burg that quick.
killbilly usmc Wrote:So you are saying hazard will put there jv in, in the 3rd. Come on 64 hazard wont get a running clock on the burg that quick.

I think baseball2014 said it....I mean 1974 Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:You still believe baseball1974 that Hazard JV team Will start in the 3rd.qtr...Just asking...:devilflam

I think you know I was joking......

Reality is that Williamsburg definitely has the best odds to come out of the east. It will end up being two weeks of stressful football to get there, but if you put their top 3 offensive threats up against the remaining teams in the east, I'm not sure anyone left has the talent to match them. Raceland's secondary can shut down anyone's passing game in 1A and overall could have the best defense left, but I wonder if any of them have enough to stop a a descent running game. Raceland didn't have that bad of numbers, but the three teams they played with descent running backs all had well over 200+ yards on the ground, two of them over 280. Even though Hazard put up 36 on Pikeville, they still let Pikeville put up over 360 yards rushing against them. Hazard has gotten a whole lot better with their run defense, but they also haven't seen any great running backs or even a great O-line at that. Paintsville gave Shelby Valley one of their two losses, but Shelby Valley still put up 347 yards against them. It just seems like the teams left haven't done well stopping the run when the team their playing have a descent running game, and at this point that is all you'll see. That's why I think Williamsburg has the best odds over everyone else.
64 I know that you picked Paintsville to beat Pikeville early on, that had to be A slop shot, Now will you pick A winner of Raceland Paintsville?
You know what I love about all this publicity the Burg is getting? Three years ago no one ever heard of the Williamsburg Yellow Jackets.
Bring em all on.
All these stats you guys are giving baseball1974 are awesome. But Sizemore had to play against some quality competition last year, while Griffith has been putting running clocks on the Sisters of the Poor (hat-tip to EKU). I could put up big numbers against these teams, and I get winded walking to the fridge.

:flame:
topnotch Wrote:64 I know that you picked Paintsville to beat Pikeville early on, that had to be A slop shot, Now will you pick A winner of Raceland Paintsville?

Dontask 64 he doesnt know shat.
I wonder how many thousands of yards the big Fulton City qb's would have had playing that weak schedule that the bees have played.
Not trying to down a team, but look at ballard memorial, they started 5-0 against the sisters of the poor, then finish 9-3. There 3 losses were 1 to murray, and 2 to caldwell,and none of them were close. Almost any team can schedule an undefeated season if they pick the right prey.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think you know I was joking......

Reality is that Williamsburg definitely has the best odds to come out of the east. It will end up being two weeks of stressful football to get there, but if you put their top 3 offensive threats up against the remaining teams in the east, I'm not sure anyone left has the talent to match them. Raceland's secondary can shut down anyone's passing game in 1A and overall could have the best defense left, but I wonder if any of them have enough to stop a a descent running game. Raceland didn't have that bad of numbers, but the three teams they played with descent running backs all had well over 200+ yards on the ground, two of them over 280. Even though Hazard put up 36 on Pikeville, they still let Pikeville put up over 360 yards rushing against them. Hazard has gotten a whole lot better with their run defense, but they also haven't seen any great running backs or even a great O-line at that. Paintsville gave Shelby Valley one of their two losses, but Shelby Valley still put up 347 yards against them. It just seems like the teams left haven't done well stopping the run when the team their playing have a
descent running game, and at this point that is all you'll see. That's why I think Williamsburg has the best odds over everyone else.

Williamsburg 1st team defense is the difference maker in the east....And baseball1974..I like you :worthy:
They can't spell defense
mysonis55 Wrote:They can't spell defense

In the dictionary it is 0 on the scoreboard in bowling green in early december.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next