Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co
67.74%
Knox
32.26%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Knox Central 11-14
Hatz Wrote:The Pburg game was in 2000 and even without Travis Leffew on the field Boyle won by about fifty.

Correct again Hatz. November 24th., 2000. Boyle won 56-8. Only problem Boyle had was the ball boys getting the footballs back by having to fetch the footballs down by cumberland river after each Taylor Begley extra point.
Is a Knox Central a balanced team offensively? Or are they heavy on the pass or run? Thanks in advance!
I know Knox Central is a very good team, a one seed in their District, so this will not be a run away. I do however think that Boyle wins the game bad field or not, but also think it will be a competitive game.
Hatz Wrote:The Pburg game was in 2000 and even without Travis Leffew on the field Boyle won by about fifty.

Are you positive about this. I'm thinkinh it was before Boyles state championship run. I remember them getting beat and it was a long ride home.
cctiger Wrote:Are you positive about this. I'm thinkinh it was before Boyles state championship run. I remember them getting beat and it was a long ride home.

The game that Prestonsburg's coach got booted was the 2000 season.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Is a Knox Central a balanced team offensively? Or are they heavy on the pass or run? Thanks in advance!

Knox runs the ball about 75% of the time.
cctiger Wrote:Are you positive about this. I'm thinkinh it was before Boyles state championship run. I remember them getting beat and it was a long ride home.

Boyle has never lost to prestonsburg, I was at that game Boyle destroyed Prestonsburg.
1996 Breathitt County knock us out.
1997 Bourbon County knock us out.
1998 Lexington Catholic knock us out ( Georgetown College)

Pre 1996 Boyle never could get past Danville.
Well maybe it was a blow out but I could of swore they got beat because their coach got kicked out and was sitting on the school calling plays.
:igiveup:
cctiger Wrote:Well maybe it was a blow out but I could of swore they got beat because their coach got kicked out and was sitting on the school calling plays.

Go to KHSAA scoreboard and see for yourself.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I agree Bell's field has always been great when ever Boyle visited, I think he may have been talking about Breathitt co.

No, I'm talking about Bell Co. in 2008, coach French's first year. We lost 17-15, and the field wasn't bad, but I'm telling you there were puddles of water around the field everywhere. I was there. I'm not saying it affected the outcome, but it is what it is.
pjdoug Wrote:KHSAA needs to start monitoring this stuff more closely:biglmao:

Real funny. Be a comedian. If your son blew out a knee because of a sloppy field and missed the rest of his senior year, you probably wouldn't find it funny.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:No, I'm talking about Bell Co. in 2008, coach French's first year. We lost 17-15, and the field wasn't bad, but I'm telling you there were puddles of water around the field everywhere. I was there. I'm not saying it affected the outcome, but it is what it is.

There were puddles around the field but not on it. They cover the field whenever it is going to rain field was dry I promise you that.
If KNOX comes out mistake free football I look for it to come to the 4th quarter.. if not BOYLE will make use of the mistakes. I remember watching boyle come to ole log moutain and it was always a battle and KC's Teams then wasn't too far off from Bell.

Taking KNOX 27 Boyle 21

WHY NOT KC?
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Real funny. Be a comedian. If your son blew out a knee because of a sloppy field and missed the rest of his senior year, you probably wouldn't find it funny.

what does a knee have to do with me saying KHSAA needs to monitor stuff closely.dont be so serious about everything.life is short.
kcfan#1 Wrote:If KNOX comes out mistake free football I look for it to come to the 4th quarter.. if not BOYLE will make use of the mistakes. I remember watching boyle come to ole log moutain and it was always a battle and KC's Teams then wasn't too far off from Bell.

Taking KNOX 27 Boyle 21

WHY NOT KC?

good teams force you to make mistakes.
kcfan#1 Wrote:If KNOX comes out mistake free football I look for it to come to the 4th quarter.. if not BOYLE will make use of the mistakes. I remember watching boyle come to ole log moutain and it was always a battle and KC's Teams then wasn't too far off from Bell.

Taking KNOX 27 Boyle 21

WHY NOT KC?

That was then this is now. This years KC team isn't close to the teams KC had in 2008 and 2010.
Rebel55 Wrote:Correct again Hatz. November 24th., 2000. Boyle won 56-8. Only problem Boyle had was the ball boys getting the footballs back by having to fetch the footballs down by cumberland river after each Taylor Begley extra point.
And had to get balls from the street on the other end of the field. I remember Chuck was yelling at the ball boys to find more balls as they were running out late in the game. I think a cheerleader or a fan got slammed from a play on the field that ended up on the sidelines and received a broken leg... That has been a long time ago. I believe Taylor was kicking field goals on first down that night too.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Is a Knox Central a balanced team offensively? Or are they heavy on the pass or run? Thanks in advance!

They run more than the pass, but they can throw it pretty good too. I wouldn't be surprised if coach Russell opens the play book a little more this week and try to confuse Boyle a little.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I know everyone loves a good conspiracy theory but I've seen the KC field this afternoon and there is absolutely no reason to play elsewhere. It's actually in very good shape.
I don't know if it means anything but Boyle has defeated six teams with winning records.

Knox Central has defeated two.
Both teams play on the same field. Boyle is not a "power" team but I really don't think it matters. I personally think you have to have a massive size difference for the field conditions to make a difference. Line up and play ball. Boyle had turnover issues early in the season and seem to have fixed it for the most part. If KC turns it over like last week they will lose and if Boyle turns it over 3-5 times they will likely lose. I hope nobody gets hurt, that the better team wins and whichever team that is beats Lex Cath next week.
64black&gold Wrote:Both teams play on the same field. Boyle is not a "power" team but I really don't think it matters. I personally think you have to have a massive size difference for the field conditions to make a difference. Line up and play ball. Boyle had turnover issues early in the season and seem to have fixed it for the most part. If KC turns it over like last week they will lose and if Boyle turns it over 3-5 times they will likely lose. I hope nobody gets hurt, that the better team wins and whichever team that is beats Lex Cath next week.

:Thumbs: well said!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Hatz Wrote:I don't know if it means anything but Boyle has defeated six teams with winning records.

Knox Central has defeated two.

Once you get to this round of the playoffs records really don't matter much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Once you get to this round of the playoffs records really don't matter much.

Sure they do if you have played a weak schedule thru the course of the season how can you be prepared to play good competition, IMO a weak schedule can bite you in the rear this time of year.
panther nation Wrote:Once you get to this round of the playoffs records really don't matter much.

I'm not sure the second round of the playoffs is that deep.

In fact, that is my point. I think in the first three rounds competition you have played and defeated is a great prep for these kind of games.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why would you play Taylor at union and Boyle on a field that some of you have said was unsafe, unless you thought Taylor was gonna be a cakewalk and you want every advantage possible against Boyle on a bad field. As far as the sprinklers go I guess we'll find out Friday since its not suppose to rain all week.

What happened to the 0% chance of precipitation for the week. There has been a snow and freezing rain mix all morning in Whitley and Knox.

Jack Lambert Wrote:If Boyle was playing Corbin I would take Boyle by 3 TD'S.

Good thing Boyle doesn't have to play Corbin this year. Not only would they fail to cover that spread, but they would not beat Corbin.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What happened to the 0% chance of precipitation for the week. There has been a snow and freezing rain mix all morning in Whitley and Knox.

Good thing Boyle doesn't have to play Corbin this year. Not only would they fail to cover that spread, but they would not beat Corbin.

I guess we will know next year when Boyle goes to 3A. :Thumbs:

Corbin has 4 wins vs winning teams

Boyle has 5 wins vs winning teams

Pretty even looking to me.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Trying to gain an advantage and watering a football field that makes unsafe conditions for both teams is a bunch of crap. Intentionally putting kids at risk for potentially career threatening injuries is just plain ridiculous. Having little grass on the field shouldn't be an issue this Friday when there's no rain forecast for the week. If we arrive to a mud hole, action should be taken. I'm not saying Knox has or would do this, because I don't know, but the way everybody talks, it's a good possibility. I hope they're wrong.

Surely you aren't serious!! After this week's temperatures, I doubt there's a blade of grass left anywhere!!! I like beating Knox Central more than anybody else, except for Bell Co, but let me assure you, they would NOT stoop this low!!

Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:I'm not getting excited, and I'm not saying you're 'crooked'. This almost seems to be an accepted strategy for some in high school football, but one I have always highly disagreed with. I would say the same if Boyle ever did it before we got turf. We went to Bell Co one year in the playoffs and it hadn't been above freezing for days. Game time temp was 16 and when we walked up to the field, there were puddles of water around the edge of the field that hadn't frozen. And then there was the E. Jessamine fiasco where sprinklers were left on for the whole week and water was still running off the field when the game was over. That game should have never been played. I'm glad to hear it won't be an issue this Friday.

FYI, I don't know about Barbourville, but it has mist rained here all morning and currently snowing like crazy..

pjdoug Wrote:thats a good question.

No it ain't!!! Hush.

pjdoug Wrote:KHSAA needs to start monitoring this stuff more closely:biglmao:

Why? What are they going to do? They can't even enforce their own "regulations"....what a joke!!
Hatz Wrote:I guess we will know next year when Boyle goes to 3A. :Thumbs:

Corbin has 4 wins vs winning teams

Boyle has 5 wins vs winning teams

Pretty even looking to me.

We will know next year who would have won between Corbin and Boyle this year? How exactly does that work? I never said anything about who would win next year, and I never claimed that the teams weren't evenly matched. That would have been Lambert claiming Boyle is 3 TD's better than Corbin. However, that is his opinion and his entitled to it, as for me my opinion is Corbin is the better team this year. Too many things to consider between now and next season to make a prediction for 2015.