Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic @ Johnson Central 4A Playoffs 2nd round
I remember when CCH and JC played in 2006.....

That was the most insane crowd I've ever seen at a HS game... the 2005 Apple Bowl may have had bigger crowd, but the CCH game was insane!!!

There was some people at the '06 game that hadn't been to a HS game in 20-30 years that came out.... not too mention it was the day after Thanksgiving and several people made the trip in to see their families just to watch this game. I have some pics from the 2006 game, I'll post them when I get home.

I will say until the day The Good Lord calls me Home that JC wins the 3A state title in 2006 if Blake "The Long Black Train" Johnson doesn't go down with an injury.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I really like this JC team but then again those that know who I am know that I am partial. They have talent but they also depth and youth.

On the defensive side of the ball they start 3 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophomore and one freshman with the four main subs being 3 sophomores and one freshman. That means 12 of our 15 main defensive players return next year.

On offense we start 5 seniors, 2 juniors and 4 sophomores. Our two main subs are a junior and a freshman. That gives us 8 of our top 13 returning.

We also will return on of the top kickers in the state.

The other kids on the teams consist of a lot of talented kids that will develop given time. Add in the incoming middle school kids. Not only has this year been fun but the future looks to be a blast.

But enough of the future, bring on Cov Cath and lets take care of business.
JC by 2 TD's
THOMCAT Wrote:I really like this JC team but then again those that know who I am know that I am partial. They have talent but they also depth and youth.

On the defensive side of the ball they start 3 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophomore and one freshman with the four main subs being 3 sophomores and one freshman. That means 12 of our 15 main defensive players return next year.

On offense we start 5 seniors, 2 juniors and 4 sophomores. Our two main subs are a junior and a freshman. That gives us 8 of our top 13 returning.

The other kids on the teams consist of a lot of talented kids that will develop given time. Add in the incoming middle school kids. Not only has this year been fun but the future looks to be a blast.

And that is why in the next 4 season/ alignment, JC will be favor to win the state 4A.
[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...1979783e7a]
Right before JC took the field.

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...3f00f16741]
This was before the teams took the field.

[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h...e5f62fc6b6]
This pic was about an hour before kickoff....
Very, verry, good pictures, what kind of camera U got?
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Very, verry, good pictures, what kind of camera U got?

That was in 2006.... I can't remember.

I almost tripped over the sarcasm :please:
Blau Vogel Wrote:My point is the only thing JC has going for it in the passing game is the element of surprise. We will see what a play maker he is passing when JC gets down a couple of scores and he HAS to pass. How many teams have the Eagles played that can defend the pass?

JC has played a couple of "Spread" teams but neither had a good pass defense IMO. Both those teams were lost trying to stop the "Belly". I know last year VS CCH, JC dropped 2 easy TDs passes. That is why I pointed out that this years JC QB throws the ball with a nice touch. I don't look for JC to get down in this game because this years JC QB is "Harry Houdini" with the football in the Belly game! Like I said before the key to this game is the JC defense.
This one of my best memories working the games with Diogenes in the press box! This is the night we unleashed the "Dueling Banjos" in JOHNSONVILLE!!!!!!

Pulp Fiction Wrote:[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...1979783e7a]

sstack Wrote:This is a hard game to know what is going to happen. JC, how good are they? Cupcake schedule so nobody is sure. Last year same thing and Cov Cath beat them like a drum. Cov Cath has looked really bad and looks like they might have some injury problems. I find it hard to believe a 11-0 team can not beat this Cov Cath team but maybe the schedule is only reason they are 11-0. Even if JC wins, if they do not win big, then I think they will have no shot at Highlands. It is going to be a very fun game to watch.

I think it happens again Confusedinglepar
IHIGH JCTV Wrote:This one of my best memories working the games with Diogenes in the press box! This is the night we unleashed the "Dueling Banjos" in JOHNSONVILLE!!!!!!

No doubt. This was the best game atmosphere I've ever been a part of. Still remember watching the recognition sweep over the crowd with those first banjo notes...classic!
Playing a little Boondocks and looking at all those cans of Skyline Chilli!!!!!
I hope JC lays a :ChairHit: on CC!!!!! JC in a close one 24- 20 :Thumbs:
I think JC wins by 20+..
I remember that game well. People were showing up after lunch to put down blankets to reserve their seats. I was there 6 hours before kick off. Probably my most memorable football game but will be replaced in the not so distant future with a game in Bowling Green.
THOMCAT Wrote:I really like this JC team but then again those that know who I am know that I am partial. They have talent but they also depth and youth.

My bad. We only start two seniors on defense. Corrected by that know-it-all, Mr. Slate.
I am going with Johnson Central. It is time to get the proverbial monkey off their back.
Last year all of the hype had everyone believing CCH had no chance at JC.

After last year and with no JJ Jude running all around, over and through CCH, I have to pick the Blue Colonels from Northern Kentucky.
MonsterMan Wrote:I think the keys to this game are slowing down the CC passing game. If JC can get pressure on the QB and make him throw quick this will hurt CC. If they give the QB alot of time CC will gain the advantage. I do not think CC can beat JC with the run.

If JC can establish the ground game and pound and grind and eat the clock, and thow in some play action passes, it could be a long night for CC. JC has more speed this year, more passing and a big fullback. For some reason most of the Northern KY schools have trouble stopping a big fullback.

This will be a tight game, but I pick JC becase they are home and have a legit kicker if the game is close.

From the Highlands/Ashland thread.
THOMCAT Wrote:I remember that game well. People were showing up after lunch to put down blankets to reserve their seats. I was there 6 hours before kick off. Probably my most memorable football game but will be replaced in the not so distant future with a game in Bowling Green.

Switching over to the blue and white, eh?Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Blue Colonels win this one. JC is all hat and no horse.
[quote=Can you dig it?]Switching over to the blue and white, eh?Confusednicker:[/

My blood runs Black and Gold, probably as much as anyone in Johnson County. I honestly think the Eagles will be playing in a state championship game during the next 4 years.
No more small schools, no more hand picked out of state schools, no more cup cakes, time for jc to put up or shut up. Everbody good from here on out good luck eagles, take care of business! Jc 28 cc 14
I am a supporter of CovCath as well as FTH. Although I never worry when FTH plays Ashland, I am concerned about CovCath going to Johnson County. It will be difficult.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:[Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...1979783e7a]

:yawn: Confusednicker:
THOMCAT Wrote:[quote=Can you dig it?]Switching over to the blue and white, eh?Confusednicker:[/

My blood runs Black and Gold, probably as much as anyone in Johnson County. I honestly think the Eagles will be playing in a state championship game during the next 4 years.

I think that's entirely possible. Starting next year I wish you the best of luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
:rockon:JC wins this game 28 to 13 these boys have a lot of heart . Last years JC team came out flat and over confident listening to all the people talk about CC being injured and loosing most of its starters . I think JC is ready and pumped to give CC a long bus ride home. Looking foward to this game because I can hear the Eagle screaming already.
Wildcats14 Wrote::yawn: Confusednicker:

Can you explain your "Yawn" and "Snicker" smilies???
Just out of curiosity... how many players does CCH dress?

Are their numbers pretty close the other NKY schools?
maximus73 Wrote::rockon:JC wins this game 28 to 13 these boys have a lot of heart . Last years JC team came out flat and over confident listening to all the people talk about CC being injured and loosing most of its starters . I think JC is ready and pumped to give CC a long bus ride home. Looking foward to this game because I can hear the Eagle screaming already.

Flat? That's funny- no one came out "flat."
Cov Cath just beat them straight up.

To answer Pulp's question- Cov Cath dresses @ 75 kids. 98% Soph thru Sr. Just a handful of Frosh dress.

Hope for a fun and safe game.