Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins/Knott Central Score?
Thank God he is resigning! He is the reason they lost every game that they did!
Those Knott County boys got heart
Hellraiser Wrote:Those Knott County boys got heart

I hope the best for the program and that they find a coach that sacrificed as much time and effort as coach Holland and his family did. He could have stayed at Madison, Breathitt, Perry or Pike Central and been appreciated were as for Knott he apparently wasn't. I can see why their coaching rollover is so great with comments and mentality of that of Hellraiser. It's always the coaches fault. Yea boy.LOL
A fact is a fact roundabout. I am sure coach Hollon is a great guy but not so much a coach. They need a coach that will use the talent he has and let it shine on the field. From what I hear a couple of the assistant coaches he had would make good head coaches.
Roundabout Wrote:I hope the best for the program and that they find a coach that sacrificed as much time and effort as coach Holland and his family did. He could have stayed at Madison, Breathitt, Perry or Pike Central and been appreciated were as for Knott he apparently wasn't. I can see why their coaching rollover is so great with comments and mentality of that of Hellraiser. It's always the coaches fault. Yea boy.LOL

We liked him a lot at Perry. Sad to hear he is resigning, best of luck to him wherever he goes and best of luck to the Knott County program as they try to turn it around.
Hellraiser Wrote:A fact is a fact roundabout. I am sure coach Hollon is a great guy but not so much a coach. They need a coach that will use the talent he has and let it shine on the field. From what I hear a couple of the assistant coaches he had would make good head coaches.

Grandmaw always said don't believe anything you heard an half of what you seen. LOL
Randall Mullins would do a great job. He is honest, reliable and is in it for the program and not for personnel reasons other than having pride in the school he loves. He will play kids where they fit best and not to please parents. He will make decisions best for his team and not just for a few that complain when they don't get their way. He will be loyal to his coaches and find coaches that are loyal to him. He is a good man. Don't give it to someone who steps on others to get to the top but give it to someone who did it the honest way by proving himself.
Roundabout Wrote:Randall Mullins would do a great job. He is honest, reliable and is in it for the program and not for personnel reasons other than having pride in the school he loves. He will play kids where they fit best and not to please parents. He will make decisions best for his team and not just for a few that complain when they don't get their way. He will be loyal to his coaches and find coaches that are loyal to him. He is a good man. Don't give it to someone who steps on others to get to the top but give it to someone who did it the honest way by proving himself.

I agree 100%
Saw Dudley in Hindman with a realtor.
e's army Wrote:saw dudley in hindman with a realtor.
lol
Hellraiser Wrote:A fact is a fact roundabout. I am sure coach Hollon is a great guy but not so much a coach. They need a coach that will use the talent he has and let it shine on the field. From what I hear a couple of the assistant coaches he had would make good head coaches.

What qualifies you to say that Coach Hollon "isn't much of a coach"? Also, how didn't he use the talent that he had?
Well a "good coach" has more plays that they typically run than he did and actually puts the players on the field to practice all season long, not give up on them the last few weeks and not even practice them. I would say maybe that qualifies anyone to say he isn't much of a coach. As far as talent is concerned, I know for a FACT he has some very talented young men on that team that did not have the opportunity to show their true talents because of the plays that were ran. And I know this because they did not work obviously. After you run a play so much, the other team catches on and figures out how to stop it. It does not take much to figure that out.
Jenkins has a solid o line lead by big John Holyfield
Speaking of Hilton, that is a good example of what a good coach can do with limited talent. I lived in Taylor County for 8 years and what he did with the team he had in 2014 was amazing. The kids in Knott County are the same as the kids in Perry, Floyd, Pike, etc....They just need someone to come in and prepare them better. Make plays KCC, not excuses. I believe in ya!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Hellraiser Wrote:Well a "good coach" has more plays that they typically run than he did and actually puts the players on the field to practice all season long, not give up on them the last few weeks and not even practice them. I would say maybe that qualifies anyone to say he isn't much of a coach. As far as talent is concerned, I know for a FACT he has some very talented young men on that team that did not have the opportunity to show their true talents because of the plays that were ran. And I know this because they did not work obviously. After you run a play so much, the other team catches on and figures out how to stop it. It does not take much to figure that out.

What "plays" should he have ran? I'll bet you think he should have thrown the ball more huh? I saw them play multiple times this year and I thought he did a pretty good job with the talent he had. Remember, he graduated a lot of seniors off last year's team that won 4 games. Fact is, he was very limited in what he could do, he tried to keep the ball on the ground as much as he could to eat the clock and try to take teams into the 4th quarter. He's a very competent coach that has worked for very good programs in the past. Problem there isn't coaching, it's getting kids off the basketball court.
Hellraiser Wrote:Well a "good coach" has more plays that they typically run than he did and actually puts the players on the field to practice all season long, not give up on them the last few weeks and not even practice them. I would say maybe that qualifies anyone to say he isn't much of a coach. As far as talent is concerned, I know for a FACT he has some very talented young men on that team that did not have the opportunity to show their true talents because of the plays that were ran. And I know this because they did not work obviously. After you run a play so much, the other team catches on and figures out how to stop it. It does not take much to figure that out.

One more thing, you said a good coach has "more plays" than he ran. Ask Dudley Hilton and Philip Haywood how many plays they run. It's about the same, 5 is a big number.
I agree that it is hard to get some kids to play football there because it is a big basketball school. But he had talent on that team, people act like he had nothing to work with. I personally saw that while watching some of the games. You say 5 is a big number but I did not see 5 plays ran by him sorry. It was very easy to predict what he was going to do. He may have had 5 plays but he didn't run them. Like I said run the same play over and over and it's not going to work. All I want is for Knott County to get someone in there that will one, pass the ball, and two run some plays that actually work! Those kids on that team are a great group of young men who deserve better. Hopefully the next coach will recognize that.
You can't win games without talent. Simple as that. Knott county has never had football talent, and probably never will. They're great at basketball and baseball and that's nothing to be ashamed of.
I think Jenkins has a good shot at going deep in the playoffs next year.
Not a place to talk about the kids! There are some talented kids on that team. So as you put it, "simple as that"
Hellraiser Wrote:I agree that it is hard to get some kids to play football there because it is a big basketball school. But he had talent on that team, people act like he had nothing to work with. I personally saw that while watching some of the games. You say 5 is a big number but I did not see 5 plays ran by him sorry. It was very easy to predict what he was going to do. He may have had 5 plays but he didn't run them. Like I said run the same play over and over and it's not going to work. All I want is for Knott County to get someone in there that will one, pass the ball, and two run some plays that actually work! Those kids on that team are a great group of young men who deserve better. Hopefully the next coach will recognize that.

I've got an idea! Why don't you coach the team since you have all the answers. Throw the ball more and run different plays! I'm sure you will have it turned around in no time!
Well maybe I will. I actually know a few people that would be great for the job. Let's just hope they get someone in there that will turn the program around.
Hellraiser Wrote:Well maybe I will. I actually know a few people that would be great for the job. Let's just hope they get someone in there that will turn the program around.

The program may have been better off if it had been left alone. From what I’m hearing, things may not turn out like you and a few others have planned; time will tell just wait and see. :Sad04:
Well now they have no choice, it's a done deal, coach Hollon resigned so they have to hire another coach. All I want, as a fan of Knott County for many years now, is for them to hire someone that will turn the program around and show everyone that, they can have a good football and basketball program both if given the chance.
I've yet to see anything official
It is official
Check out WYMT, they ran the story of his resignation the other night.
Going back and reading all the post on this thread makes me wonder a bit. Roundabout, you were the one that started this conversation to fire Hollon but now you seem to be singing his praises. Looks a little odd don't you think. Almost as if you were testing the water. Talent, to say Knott County has no football talent is utterly ridiculous. I can name several boys who have the speed, the hands and the drive. But with that said, to improve and win games, you must practice and practice, they did not. You cannot get stronger if you don't practice. You can't get faster if you don't condition your players. You don't have to be a coach to know that. The passing game. Yes, they passed a few times this season, some connected and some did not. But again, lets go back to the basics. If you don't practice passing the ball, then what do you expect. I don't know how many plays Hollon had, but lets face the facts. The other teams coaches knew exactly where the ball was going play after play after play and that was up the middle. The opposing teams corners never followed our receivers. As soon as the play went into motion, they went straight to the middle. It was that obvious.
Well said! I am glad someone else notices all of those obvious things! Last time I heard on the news it was official and now time to hire a new coach and get this program turned around!
Well said!!!!!!!!