Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
No, #3 is a junior.
Prestonsburg will Vance passed LCA. Paintsville beat LCA in regular season play and Prestonsburg is a much stronger team than Paintsville. Think this prediction is wrong .
So Caldwell's nemesis is cold windy weather and NCC's nemesis is 70 degrees and sunshine!
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:55 u r nuts. 70 degree weather is the only reason we didnt blow caldwell of the field in 12. caldwells defense stunk that year, just like it has for the last two seasons. sindlear is as good as there is in high school, but he hasnt found a way to win it and he surely wont this year as well. if caldwell somehow makes it, the east has a shot at a title. cal and desalles are clearly the 2 best teams in the tourny. if anyone other than these two teams are representing the west, the east has a shot at the title.

That's funny, I was there and NCC won in the last minute and you think Caldwell County was lucky to be in the game, you had too much to drink that day, and be glad there wasn't another minute or two to go. NCC pass defense was suspect and got exploited, most of the press that covered the game thinks NCC was lucky to win that game.
Onespiritedfan Wrote:He's played more football than anyone on this site, that I guarantee!!!

I don't know who you're talking about, but I can tell you "playing" a lot of football doesn't mean a whole lot. I've played with and coached several players that would still to this day have trouble spelling "football." That doesn't always correlate into somebody knowing what their talking about.
^^^^^^^Yea, onespiriedfan. What he said!:gtfo:
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I dont see how everyone thinks the east has no shot.. I mean LCA I dont even think will make it to bowling green and CAL beat them by 3 tds.. Pretty much the same amount CAL beat Desales.. I think people may be surprised by whoever comes out of district 7 and 8.. I think we will see P-burg,Danville,LCA,or Middlesboro in bowling green this year and I think it will be closer than people expect..

CAL beat LCA 27-3 in the first half, the game was called due to inclement weather. First game of season, but it was definitely headed to running clock in the 3rd Q.
I was referring to the comment saying nkyfootballfan91 must not have played much ball. I guess playing in the NFL didn't mean anything?
Well that narrows it down significantly who he is.
Grow up nuclear option!!!
Onespiritedfan Wrote:I was referring to the comment saying nkyfootballfan91 must not have played much ball. I guess playing in the NFL didn't mean anything?

It's a great accomplishment, but it means nothing in regards to knowing what he's talking about. There is a reason great players don't always make good coaches. Usually elite athletes are given most of what they have at birth and everything they do is based off instinct. So communicating that is almost impossible for a player that never had to work at being good or learn things on a daily basis to compete because they already always had the edge. It actually gets worse the better they get. The best coaches are normally those players that didn't have the size or natural ability that had to learn the game in order to be better than the guy next to him. I'm not saying that it doesn't sometimes happen I'm just saying simply playing in the NFL means nothing in regards to what you know about the sport.
missthefield Wrote:That's funny, I was there and NCC won in the last minute and you think Caldwell County was lucky to be in the game, you had too much to drink that day, and be glad there wasn't another minute or two to go. NCC pass defense was suspect and got exploited, most of the press that covered the game thinks NCC was lucky to win that game.

suspect lol. caldwell only scored how many points? 23? 24? yeah, they were extremely lucky. the weather was a major factor. having a very limited roster, i think we played something like 18 different kids the whole game, we had two of our best players injured. the rb had a seperated shoulder and our 2nd best rb, broke his leg in the last game against beechwood. not too bad for holding a team that was scoring about 50 a game. ncc stopped themselves more than caldwell stopped us, to be honest. so once again, they were very lucky to not get blown off the field.
baseball, ive forgotten more about this game than u will ever know.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:baseball, ive forgotten more about this game than u will ever know.

Very seriously doubt that, but you can have your fun....
lol. u know, there is a flip side to that coin as well. i know coaches that have been around this game their whole lives and have no business coaching. ncc's current Ocoordinatior and former head coach fits that discription.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:lol. u know, there is a flip side to that coin as well. i know coaches that have been around this game their whole lives and have no business coaching. ncc's current Ocoordinatior and former head coach fits that discription.

You don't have to convince me of that. Unfortunately, there are more terrible coaches than good ones. Usually, they end up being the most arrogant as well. I don't know how that happens?

I wasn't talking about you personally. I was just making a general statement after the NFL comment was made. I don't know you and you could be a guru. I wouldn't make a statement like that about somebody I never met.
i dont blame u, i blame that newport fan nuclearoption. i think that guy needs some serious help mentally. he got me riled up. im no guru, but i was a 3 time all american in college, played 7 seasons in the nfl, coached 3 season of college football and spent 4 years coaching at ncc. ive got some experience lol.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:i dont blame u, i blame that newport fan nuclearoption. i think that guy needs some serious help mentally. he got me riled up. im no guru, but i was a 3 time all american in college, played 7 seasons in the nfl, coached 3 season of college football and spent 4 years coaching at ncc. ive got some experience lol.

Sounds that way. Ha. Quality coaching is something that doesn't happen often around high school sports.. I was lucky enough to have good AD's while I was at the NAIA level that kept me in it for 35+ years, probably longer than I should've been actually. I wrote a column after I retired and that's when I noticed the abundance of bad coaching around the state. Granted, they are not paid well in KY, but it makes me really wonder about the people that hire them.
Once again, NCC was lucky to win the game, people who saw the game know.
Props to Shelby Valley for knocking off my upset pick,
I look for valley to play pburg in the region championship
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:i dont blame u, i blame that newport fan nuclearoption. i think that guy needs some serious help mentally. he got me riled up. im no guru, but i was a 3 time all american in college, played 7 seasons in the nfl, coached 3 season of college football and spent 4 years coaching at ncc. ive got some experience lol.

KA BOOM! You rang? Newport wins out and it starts with WV this week. Everyone has those kinds of credentials on here. :biglmao:
nuclear option Wrote:KA BOOM! You rang? Newport wins out and it starts with WV this week. Everyone has those kinds of credentials on here. :biglmao:

Doubtful!!!
Everyone keeps counting Shelby Valley out . They have from day one. That's ok we like it like that, . Valley and P-burg in the regional championship game .
I dont see anyone beating CAL.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I dont see anyone beating CAL.

CAL has to beat DeSales again, most likely. That won't be easy. Hopefully, Caldwell will be there to play the winner of that game this year. 2A West should be exciting!
I could see desales paying them back like last year, but i dont see caldwell getting it done, 55 is on crack.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:suspect lol. caldwell only scored how many points? 23? 24? yeah, they were extremely lucky. the weather was a major factor. having a very limited roster, i think we played something like 18 different kids the whole game, we had two of our best players injured. the rb had a seperated shoulder and our 2nd best rb, broke his leg in the last game against beechwood. not too bad for holding a team that was scoring about 50 a game. ncc stopped themselves more than caldwell stopped us, to be honest. so once again, they were very lucky to not get blown off the field.
Dude,

I was at the game too and Caldwell had that game won! If it hadn't been for that long bomb NCC threw downfield with less than a minute to play caldwell would have won. Also, If Caldwells coach had of went for the TD or ran some more clock before they kicked the field goal to go ahead it would have been different as well.
Why are any of you talking about last year? Talk about this what's going on this year and forget about the past! I believe this year's bracket ends up with NCC and Cal playing in BG. Although NCC has to beat Lloyd and the winner of Newport/ Walton Verona to get there, none of the mountain teams are skilled enough to make it past any of the NKY teams I've mentioned.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I could see desales paying them back like last year, but i dont see caldwell getting it done, 55 is on crack.

Amen brother!