Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Predictions (NCAA Bracket Style)
[Image: http://masguild.com/images/2a.png]
I like it all except Somerset will beat LCA if they play again.
I like Valley and Pburg to play in the region championship and I like Murray to beat Owensboro. Other than that, looks pretty good.
Yeah, not sure i buy lca, they just got beat by walton by 2 td's. Were u flipping coins when u came up with this? Boy oh boy, the east is really bad this year. If ncc plays lca in the semis, they beat them by 3 or td's.
I originally had Danville in the semis instead of LCA, I went back and forth on that section of the bracket for 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, LCA may have one of the better players in 2A but I don't see them getting too far in the playoffs. I honestly think you could possibly be looking at a Leslie County/Somerset matchup. Once Somerset starts to get a couple breaks things will definitely be looking up for them, and that's not a team you want to give a lot of confidence too at this point. I'm sure if they get that first win then they'll be a tough out for anybody they play including Leslie or LCA. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Somerset playing Danville, and that regular season game was decided by two points, and Somerset had close to 250 yards rushing that game as well as over the 200 yard mark passing as well. Scary team for anybody to play if they end up winning that first game.
Its NCC or Newport in the finals, everyone else is playing for ruuner-up. I even like the east's chance in the finals because I'm not too sure they know how to play defense on that side of the bracket.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Its NCC or Newport in the finals, everyone else is playing for ruuner-up. I even like the east's chance in the finals because I'm not too sure they know how to play defense on that side of the bracket.

Are you saying that we don't know how to play defense in the West? You better check your numbers.
2A Empty Bracket
You got think Somerset is favorite
From what Ive seen NCC has no chance because of coaching staff and undisciplined players. There are a few poison pills on NCC's team who like to blame everyone but themselves for bad play. this will finally catch up to them in the playoffs and Newport will get to be the team that knocks them off.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Its NCC or Newport in the finals, everyone else is playing for ruuner-up. I even like the east's chance in the finals because I'm not too sure they know how to play defense on that side of the bracket.

Can't speak for everyone in the west, but CAL may have the best overall small school defense in the state. DeSales knows defense, too.

:popcorn:
nuclear option Wrote:From what Ive seen NCC has no chance because of coaching staff and undisciplined players. There are a few poison pills on NCC's team who like to blame everyone but themselves for bad play. this will finally catch up to them in the playoffs and Newport will get to be the team that knocks them off.

Newport may be playing the best football in the east right now... It wouldn't shock to see them in the semi's.

oneijoe Wrote:Newport may be playing the best football in the east right now... It wouldn't shock to see them in the semi's.

Are you being serious right now?
I dont see how everyone thinks the east has no shot.. I mean LCA I dont even think will make it to bowling green and CAL beat them by 3 tds.. Pretty much the same amount CAL beat Desales.. I think people may be surprised by whoever comes out of district 7 and 8.. I think we will see P-burg,Danville,LCA,or Middlesboro in bowling green this year and I think it will be closer than people expect..
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I dont see how everyone thinks the east has no shot.. I mean LCA I dont even think will make it to bowling green and CAL beat them by 3 tds.. Pretty much the same amount CAL beat Desales.. I think people may be surprised by whoever comes out of district 7 and 8.. I think we will see P-burg,Danville,LCA,or Middlesboro in bowling green this year and I think it will be closer than people expect..

They beat us by 2 td's. Whipped our tails matter of fact. BUT.... When we meet again, I like our chances. Our boys want some payback, and CAL has given them a lot of motivation.
My final four is CAL vs Owensboro Catholic, NCC vs Middlesboro
Champ game- CAL vs Middlesboro
Champs- Have to say CAL... I may be a little biased on these predictions lol... Being a Jacket fan and all..
It's hard to say on this one.
If middlesboro makes it that far then 2a was a lot worse this year than expected. The 2a championship will be whichever team comes from the west. If there is an upset and anyone other than CAL, DeSales, or Caldwell come out of the west, then the East may have a shot, but only a small shot because Owensboro Catholic still has the ability to put a running clock on most east teams.
BOOM!!!! N.O. u have hit the nail on the head, I see where your coming from, I've been witness to some of the thing's you are referring to:argue:, not good for team, better get it cleaned up or the BREDS will be watching from the stand's. One more thing is #3 a senior? If not, why is he leading the team onto the field, isn't it suppose to be the senior's who lead the TEAM!!!!!! just asking:HitWall:
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I think the Tigers from Caldwell are gonna do it this year. Don't say, we'll look what Mayfield did. 2 years ago we beat them worse and they lost at state by 30 seconds or so. This year those are seniors and they are not gonna let it slip away.
mysonis55 Wrote:Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I think the Tigers from Caldwell are gonna do it this year. Don't say, we'll look what Mayfield did. 2 years ago we beat them worse and they lost at state by 30 seconds or so. This year those are seniors and they are not gonna let it slip away.

I agree. They had to beat DeSales to get there, and I think its between three teams in the west this year, being Caldwell, CAL and DeSales. Any of those three will beat anyone in the championship.
55 u r nuts. 70 degree weather is the only reason we didnt blow caldwell of the field in 12. caldwells defense stunk that year, just like it has for the last two seasons. sindlear is as good as there is in high school, but he hasnt found a way to win it and he surely wont this year as well. if caldwell somehow makes it, the east has a shot at a title. cal and desalles are clearly the 2 best teams in the tourny. if anyone other than these two teams are representing the west, the east has a shot at the title.
I dont think caldwell will get it done 55. Cal got beat by male less than caldwell did by mayfield, and cal was without a star player, and neither of us would say mayfield is as good as male.
mysonis55 Wrote:Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I think the Tigers from Caldwell are gonna do it this year. Don't say, we'll look what Mayfield did. 2 years ago we beat them worse and they lost at state by 30 seconds or so. This year those are seniors and they are not gonna let it slip away.

I respect anyone speaking from the heart like this... so I'll do the same. :Clap:

I believe this Prestonsburg team has a chance to get to Bowling Green for a few reasons. Of all the contending teams in the east, the Blackcats have the best balanced offense with the ability to win games on the ground and in the air. Next, the P-burg defense has faced a lot of adversity with injuries this year, but are slowly seeing players return. And for the most part, this defense has showed to be a "money" defense - it gives up yards, but consistently tightens near the red zone. And one more factor not to be overlooked, especially in the playoffs - P-burg has an excellent kicker who can place KOs in the endzone and hit FGs (2 over 40 yds this year, I think).

I'm hoping these playoffs may see a few breakout performances from Jared Jarrell. The senior QB has been a little constrained this season on his creativity on the roll out (like he showed last year) with P-burg's emphasis on running the football this year. It's the playoff now - so it's "whatever ya got".

Once in Bowling Green... well, I don't mind P-burg being the underdog. Smile

:popcorn::Thumbs:
CAL vs Owensboro Catholic===CAL
Newport vs Danville=== Newport

CAL vs Newport =====CAL State Champion

I sure hope Leslie County makes a run. :Cheerlead
although i do agree newport has the talent 64, they dont have the coaching or the discipline. however, if they can get past ncc, its a good possibility.
Got news for you 91, Newport will be the team to beat. After reviewing some of your posts it almost seems as though you never played.
carefull, ill get u banned like ndfootballjunkie.
He's played more football than anyone on this site, that I guarantee!!!