•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
Really don't understand why you think Blake would get Mr. Basketball what about Wes and Trey....

I really like Blake great kid but he has yet to prove he can shoot the ball don't matter how high you jump it matters how well you play the game.....

This is the year that they all three have to step there game up now that chip is gone I guess we will see what they do.....
I think Blake, Wes and Tre would be happy with another trip to Rupp. They know that individual awards come after team success. All three showed in the regional tourny last year that they are more than capable of stepping up.
The Slim Reaper Wrote:Matthew Barger 6'2 (SR)
Jeffery Adams 6'1(SR)
Dustin Hensley 6'0(SR)
Nate Cole 5'11(SR)
Chad Marsee 6'6(JR)
Tanner Wells 6'3 (Soph)
Jeremy Stewert 6'1 (Soph)
Blaine Wyatt 6'4 (JR)
Jamel Carton 6'0 (freshmen)
Hunter Tye 6'4 (JR)
Christian Bunch6'0 (freshmen)
Derk Hatfield 6'0 (freshmen)

You're an inch or two taller on just about every player from what I have from last year's roster. I know some of them will grow, but that's still pretty amazing.

Some names are missing. Are Dallas Yeager, Jeffrey Smith, Korey Merida, Tyler Davis, Jeremiah Bargo, Anthony Gray, Michael Reed, Troy Birman, Jacob Evans and Xavier Gregory still playing?
KC is a good team but they are not a big team and out side the 13th Marsee is undersized at the center position. CC's guards are as long and athletic as any in the state. Gonna be interesting how things play out. On paper North Laurel has the team to compete with anyone in the state. But we'll have to see.
House, Sexton and Sams are long? Aren't Wolfe and Farmer the forwards?
Smith and Farmer will split PG duties. Wolfe will play 2-4 spots. Sexton is 6'2 but I guess you couldn't call his body type long. Your right about SAMs 5'10 and House 6'0.
If Norths young guys come along and certain players (parents) dont get jealous of each other, I think they can be special. they have alot of young guys, that will be seeing some varsity min that dont have varsity exp. They are talented players and i think they will be fine but time will tell.
as good as clay co is if north gets clay playing half court and only run when its available north has a great chance of beating clay.
I agree with that but North may have to do that with alot of teams they play. I think it will be interesting to watch the style South will play and also see if Knox will play as fast as people say they will
Looking forward to 13th region action. Lots of questions for lots of teams. The teams that answer them the best will be your front runners.
This year could boil down to coaching. I'll put marcum and petrowski at the top of that list. :Thumbs:
I agree with the coaching, some very good coaches in the 13th and 14th regions. But players make plays.
Thats the only thing I kinda hate in this region. There are several coaches that want to micro manage every possession. I understand to a point but it is not alot of fun to watch sometimes
ky playmaker Wrote:Thats the only thing I kinda hate in this region. There are several coaches that want to micro manage every possession. I understand to a point but it is not alot of fun to watch sometimes

Thats kinda the difference between high school basketball and aau basketball.
Originally Posted by ky playmaker Thats the only thing I kinda hate in this region. There are several coaches that want to micro manage every possession. I understand to a point but it is not alot of fun to watch sometimes

Just curious, but are the "micro managers" the coaches who usually are in contention for the region championship?
true. You are right. I was just saying I have seen some teams that just seemed unsure of themselves. The kids wasnt sure if a shot was a good shot that coach wanted or not etc. percentages go way down when that happens. imo ofcourse I have never seen a shot I didnt like so that may be part of my thinking. lol
walterwhite, no
I agree, just wanted to get your take on it. There's a happy medium between just letting them play and over-coaching. The good ones know where that medium lies and how to get there.
over coaching on the offensive side can kill a team if you aint careful. scream holler cuss all you want on the defensive side.imo fine line i guess
Count Wrote:Smith and Farmer will split PG duties. Wolfe will play 2-4 spots. Sexton is 6'2 but I guess you couldn't call his body type long. Your right about SAMs 5'10 and House 6'0.

It sounds like two point guards and four wings with Wolfe playing the 4 a third of the time. Is anyone playing inside?
HDE Wrote:It sounds like two point guards and four wings with Wolfe playing the 4 a third of the time. Is anyone playing inside?

About right, big man by committee, I guess. I think CC will rely on pressure all over the court and an up tempo style. I'm just guessing tho.:eyeroll:
Without a committee:concentratetongue:
Marcum will put the best five out there, so my guess is Wolfe and Farmer will be inside, at least on defense.
Probably right, wouldn't surprise me to see smith Wolfe and farmer play inside at different points this season. That puts them in better position to start the fast break. Smith did it a lot last year. Get the rebound and push the ball. I also think teams will see a lot of traps whether it be full or half court. Looking to score off D. Your also right about Marcum playing the best five. It may take a little time but I think he will find the right spots to put the guys in. To be honest tho anyone's guess is as good as mine as to what style CC will play but whatever it is I think they will be hard to beat. :poker face:
heard the south kids that transfered to clay was ruled eligible. coty may give a few min to varsity. What about the vaughn kid. I dont see him helping any, maybe jv?
What will Souths line up and rotation look like
ryan anders (f), grubb (so), holcomb (sr), caleb (the new big) jr and miller (jr). in rotation will be ball ,dethrage and phelps all soph.
I hadnt really thought much about it till I just typed the previous post. South will only have 3 kids in the top 8 that have any real varsity experience. the 4th anders played some varsity as an 8th grader last year. wow
What about all the baseball players coming out?
Neal backed out. Tenn told him they would rather him not play. I forgot about allen. He is playing. he hasnt played in a couple years but will be in that top 9 for sure
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next