Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 31 Middlesboro 20
Can't blame Middlesboro for the ref crew. They are the worst in the mountains. It is hard to explain how they got assigned to such a big game. Middlesboro has a solid team with good athletes. They ran the ball well between the tackles. But, they could not stand success and wanted to run wide. Pikeville had to much speed for that to work. They can not throw deep but did a decent job with the short stuff.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im rooting for Jenkins.

Go Cavaliers :Cheerlead
I predicted it, Pike could play and probably win the championship in 5A. I really believe that.
WillBurg93 Wrote:Can Pikeville remain undefeated for the rest of the regular season. With South Floyd, Phelps,Allen Central and Russell, this is a real tough schedule. Pikeville just beat the 8th wonder of the world in Belfry last week and now the 9th wonder in Middlesboro, if they go undefeated, they should be crowned the World Champions of high school football. Pugh will be back, he should win the Heiman Trophy. He is so awesome, did you see him on sports overtime on the sideline eating pizza.

Even though you meant this in a very sarcastic way, there is some truth to it. Pikeville does indeed have the toughest schedule in the mountains. When you look at the other teams in 1A I think Beechwood is the only one really close to having a similarly strong schedule? One thing this game did for pikeville is it showed their other weapons can take over just like Pugh can week in week out. Knowing that, it is going to be extremely tough for anyone to contain their offense. As soon as you have it figured out on how to contain Pugh, the Maynard kid will rush for 100+ yards. I think Russell will be a great game to end the season on as well. It will give Pikeville a chance to fine tune their offensive scheme against a descent defense right before playoffs start. I think Williamsburg's schedule puts them at a disadvantage. They are a good team, but by the time they see pikeville, the Panthers will already have played and beaten some of the best teams and defenses in the regional area and conquered them. So I would advise you instead of carrying on with sarcastic remarks on here you may try and go out and help Williamsburg try to figure out how their even going to compete with Pikeville? From what I understand, Middlesboro would most likely beat Williamsburg by two touchdowns if they played.
Nice article in the Middlesboro paper:

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/news...kets-31-20
baseball1974 Wrote:Even though you meant this in a very sarcastic way, there is some truth to it. Pikeville does indeed have the toughest schedule in the mountains. When you look at the other teams in 1A I think Beechwood is the only one really close to having a similarly strong schedule? One thing this game did for pikeville is it showed their other weapons can take over just like Pugh can week in week out. Knowing that, it is going to be extremely tough for anyone to contain their offense. As soon as you have it figured out on how to contain Pugh, the Maynard kid will rush for 100+ yards. I think Russell will be a great game to end the season on as well. It will give Pikeville a chance to fine tune their offensive scheme against a descent defense right before playoffs start. I think Williamsburg's schedule puts them at a disadvantage. They are a good team, but by the time they see pikeville, the Panthers will already have played and beaten some of the best teams and defenses in the regional area and conquered them. So I would advise you instead of carrying on with sarcastic remarks on here y
ou may try and go out and help Williamsburg try to figure out how their even going to compete with Pikeville? From what I understand, Middlesboro would most likely beat Williamsburg by two touchdowns if they played.

You can have WillBurg93 And if you think middlesboro would be Williamsburg by two touchdown....You know nothing about football, Williamsburg will make a stop in hazard and beat down the Dawgs.Then travel to Pikeville and beat down the Panthers. :please: Remember this post. :Cheerlead
First off Williamsburg you might wanna lighten up bc it will come back to bite you believe me on that... Second If it wasn't for Pittman and Brock last night we would have lost by probally 4 or 5 tds and not even scored... Barton scored the 5 yard run but that was after Pittman ran it for 30 or 40 before that.. We have got to fix our qb position it just ticks me off we got a qb who was like 3-10 maybe 40 yards 0 tds 1 int should have been two ints really.. We got to fix that... I bet Pikeville wins out rest of the year and honestly I think Mboro will also... Mboro can't overlook LCA DANVILLE or next week UNION VA though.. How you think teams fair next week guys??
64SUR Wrote:You can have WillBurg93 And if you think middlesboro would be Williamsburg by two touchdown....You know nothing about football, Williamsburg will make a stop in hazard and beat down the Dawgs.Then travel to Pikeville and beat down the Panthers. :please: Remember this post. :Cheerlead
I gurantee you Williamsburg isn't 11 points better then Mboro or 9 points better then belfry... I do think we would beat Williamsburg... Pikeville is just too fast I say when they play Williamsburg they beat them by atleast 17...
MHS Coaches...stop all your senior hype and fix your QB situation. While your at it, stop #17 from beating his chest and waving his arms around like a cheerleader. Play ball and realize you have players on that bench that are just as good as some of your seniors.
ThisIsIt14 Wrote:I gurantee you Williamsburg isn't 11 points better then Mboro or 9 points better then belfry... I do think we would beat Williamsburg... Pikeville is just too fast I say when they play Williamsburg they beat them by atleast 17...

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear they will ever play each other in the near future. Considering Williamsburg opponents this year have a combined record of 8-24, Middlesboro doesn't seem to have the required criteria of a losing record in order to get on their schedule.
I've seen Middlesboro twice this year. They got drubbed by Corbin and Pikeville
Didn't think that I would get the chance to see this game, but a late-afternoon development at work gave me the chance to see this one in person (and visit the Oasis). While the game's outcome wasn't in question much beyond half-time, I still appreciated the chance to watch both teams.

Pikeville is a VERY impressive Class A team, and Middlesboro is very talented as well. Obviously, the Panthers are destined to meet Williamsburg in the regional finals and Middlesboro is well-coached fundamentally. On this side of Class AA, with NewCath appearing mortal and Somerset flat-lining, it looks like a three-team race (including P-burg) to Bowling Green. Of course, Danville is awaking, too.

Plus, it's an even year, so NewCath (or Walton-Verona) will have to come to the mountains for the semi-finals, should things shake out. Should be interesting!
You have to consider the Ref team working the game too. I have seen some of the worst officiated games this year that change the complete complex of a game I have ever witnessed. Many are just horrible!
topnotch Wrote:I predicted it, Pike could play and probably win the championship in 5A. I really believe that.

Confusednicker:
Way to own it Thisisit14. No one was discrediting your Middlesboro team. Most all of us predicting a win have simply seen this Pikeville team in action this year. They are for real and will make a strong run in 1A.

Good luck to both the rest of the year. Execpt of course if Prestonsburg meets up with Middlesboro.
64SUR Wrote:You can have WillBurg93 And if you think middlesboro would be Williamsburg by two touchdown....You know nothing about football, Williamsburg will make a stop in hazard and beat down the Dawgs.Then travel to Pikeville and beat down the Panthers. :please: Remember this post. :Cheerlead

I'll try to remember if I can:igiveup:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Way to own it Thisisit14. No one was discrediting your Middlesboro team. Most all of us predicting a win have simply seen this Pikeville team in action this year. They are for real and will make a strong run in 1A.

Good luck to both the rest of the year. Execpt of course if Prestonsburg meets up with Middlesboro.
Yeah I think they will most likely meet in the playoffs from the looks of things... Never know for sure but if I had to put money on it I think it will Pburg and Mboro playing a big game come playoff time...
Congrats to Pikeville on the road win. Pikeville needs to get rest and enjoy the bye week. IMHO Pikeville still hasn't played a complete great game yet. They can still get better and will need to to reach the goal of BG. It was good seeing Cody Charles on the field also. He will be a big help with depth and can play several positions. M'boro has a good team. They are very fast and just needs to make a few adjustments. The one easy fix is do not have kids run the chain gang for a highschool game. I know it was Homecoming but i'm sure you can find 3 adults who would do it...
[YOUTUBE="Pikeville vs. Middlesboro 2014"]MZOkEmIhFe0[/YOUTUBE]
:redboxer:You watching this 64? TongueirateSho
Great Video