•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 15 Knox Central 6
Knox county always plays dirty and cheat teams from the time they start in little league up. And it only gets worse and dirtier as the kids get older. Knox was doing all the cheap shots and that kid got hurt himself while trying to cheap shot a bell player. If you cannot play without cheating and then whining quit playing. Even if it is your senior year.
Informedmom Wrote:Knox county always plays dirty and cheat teams from the time they start in little league up. And it only gets worse and dirtier as the kids get older. Knox was doing all the cheap shots and that kid got hurt himself while trying to cheap shot a bell player. If you cannot play without cheating and then whining quit playing. Even if it is your senior year.

We are talking about bell co. Cheap shot and that kid is as tough or not tougher than any kid playing.
Are you saying Barger is tough?
Informedmom Wrote:Knox county always plays dirty and cheat teams from the time they start in little league up. And it only gets worse and dirtier as the kids get older. Knox was doing all the cheap shots and that kid got hurt himself while trying to cheap shot a bell player. If you cannot play without cheating and then whining quit playing. Even if it is your senior year.

Watch out they will sue you making statements like that because everything on here is facts. These people know it all it's all true here ...what a joke !!!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Are you saying Barger is tough?

Are you saying he's not ... !! Because I can show you different. !!
I missed the Middlesboro game last week and me and my gf and daughter sat on the Knox county side and I didn't see what happened to #2 cause it was 15/20 yards past the actual play. I still don't know what happened but for 40/50 year old adults to tell there players to take out another player is beyond stupid ....both team took there cheap shots even #2 would agree it was a hard fought game that they lost , get over it Bell County was better that night.
Intimidator Wrote:I missed the Middlesboro game last week and me and my gf and daughter sat on the Knox county side and I didn't see what happened to #2 cause it was 15/20 yards past the actual play. I still don't know what happened but for 40/50 year old adults to tell there players to take out another player is beyond stupid ....both team took there cheap shots even #2 would agree it was a hard fought game that they lost , get over it Bell County was better that night.

I will agree # 2 would say it was a hard fought game ... But to say Bell was better he would say ... Like to have it played with better refs !
So the mountain advocate cannot find any one that at least has a college degree to cover the biggest game of the year for knox? The paper must be in bad shape, not to mention unreliable. I guess facts and evidence are not in high regard in knox county these days. If they were the title would read "Bobcat Butt Whipping... Again."

I would advise them to find someone with at least a bachelors to defend them in a slander case.
I assumed this was an opinion piece and not something written by an actual writer on staff at the advocate.
zaga_fan Wrote:I assumed this was an opinion piece and not something written by an actual writer on staff at the advocate.

You would think so but it is not true he is a reporter for the paper. Every time I think of it I am amazed. That paper has lost all it credibility.
This is what happens when you run your mouth during the week about the game
He's an Intern(unpaid staff) and I understand it was written as an editorial (opinion piece) that's why most people will treat this as such and dismiss it as it should be. Poor taste
So Bell and Knox wont play each other anymore over the hit on the Barger kid, the Barger kid parent, newspaper article, knox fans flipping off Bell sideline, and Knox being mad at Bells coach.
Bell Co 97 Wrote:Just seen the article published today titled "Bell County Bounty". WOW is all i can say. I feel for the kid that got hurt for Knox, for me its always hard to see that happen to any young man that steps out on the field, no matter what is written across his chest. But to publish an article like this, the young man that wrote it should have done his homework. FIRST OF ALL to use the word "target" is taking it alittle to far IMHO. I am very close to the program, as is alot of people, but to be told the coaches "targeted" a kid for the sake of a W is the craziest thing i've every heard. And I also know 100% that both coaches decided not to shake hands after the game for the safety of the young men and as a parent thats the call i would have made. Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides. It always has and it always will.

From a neutral stand point this is so true IMO...Couldn't been said anymore mature and any better.
Football1 Wrote:"For the Knox game both coaches agreed that it would be in the best interest. The Middlesboro game they didn't shake hands they were too busy celebrating. This game is over let it rest."

Totally disagree. Two head coaches agreeing not to shake hands after the game is not leadership nor sportsmanship. It is an admission by both that they have no control over their players. I know, respect, and like both men having sons who played for both. But if they are going to play this game they need to set the tone from Monday's practice that no bullshit will be tolerated and any of it that happens will be punished quickly. This is not a war against an enemy. It is a game played by neighbors who will someday work in the same coal mine or teach in the same school or fight against our enemies on the same battlefield. Teach these young men to respect not hate each other.

Bell needs to stop expecting Wayne to be Dudley and embrace him as the fine coach that he is. Get that pressure off his back so he can lead without fear of losing his job if he goes 6-4 one or two years.

And folks should not let it rest until the point is clear that neither community will tolerate their sons playing in a game like this again. Ever.

Don't mean to sound contradictory, but I agree with the decision to end the game as they did, without the handshake, considering the level of tension, and the outrageous actions from some of the adults. I agree ONLY because I think things got way out of hand, therefore it provided a safety net for ALL of the kids and that's the main concern for me personally.

However I totally agree with this part of your post Football 1, and we all need more people like you. "Totally disagree. Two head coaches agreeing not to shake hands after the game is not leadership nor sportsmanship. But if they are going to play this game they need to set the tone from Monday's practice that no bullshit will be tolerated and any of it that happens will be punished quickly. This is not a war against an enemy. It is a game played by neighbors who will someday work in the same coal mine or teach in the same school or fight against our enemies on the same battlefield. Teach these young men to respect not hate each other.

Bell needs to stop expecting Wayne to be Dudley and embrace him as the fine coach that he is. Get that pressure off his back so he can lead without fear of losing his job if he goes 6-4 one or two years."
TruthHurtz_22 Wrote:So the mountain advocate cannot find any one that at least has a college degree to cover the biggest game of the year for knox? The paper must be in bad shape, not to mention unreliable. I guess facts and evidence are not in high regard in knox county these days. If they were the title would read "Bobcat Butt Whipping... Again."

I would advise them to find someone with at least a bachelors to defend them in a slander case.

For the record...a college degree doesn't guarantee a good story on a high school football game. Quite frankly, it doesn't guarantee anything pertaining to this bitch fest. Confusednicker:
I love the game. I hate the game.
- Love it when it is the glue that binds community to young men who work hard to achieve their best results.
- Hate it when the center attraction becomes the violence and scoreboard - both necessary but neither serve the greater purpose.
- Love seeing a Senior take cocky freshmen under his wing to teach him humility and concern for team.
- Hate seeing Leadership become the excuse for picking on people and making their lives worse instead of better.
- Love a great comeback. Down 3 TD's or a knee injury - football is the perfect canvass to see perseverance and determination lived out.
- Hate the constant criticism of players and coaches by whomever for whatever with no regard for how it impacts.

The NFL is the highest rated source of TV revenue on the planet. The game has an almost mystical draw to it when it is done well. But when it becomes what it was last Friday - it is a cesspool that reinforces only the negative we all detest. Bell scored more points but nobody really won anything. When a game becomes an event that strains and even destroys relationships, puts communities at odds, and teaches young men the very things we are trying to eliminate - it ceases to have value and should not be repeated.
I love the Boro and tjis is my opinion on it: Knox County can't stand it that Coach Mills left for Bell Co. They put so much in that game. They can't beat Coach Mills and the Bobcats so they start looking for excuses..
It amazes me that it's always the other team... Spring last year, Knox vs Corbin Corbin wins and Knox says that Corbin harassed them and stop playing Corbin. Basketball Knox lose to Williamsburg and start making excuses...
Fires football coach in mid season.. Really!! Very poor leadership..
Mountain Advocate: Funny, really funny..
Barbourville ind. and Dinky never makes excuse or blame this or that on a loss... Barbourville board should take over Knox county... Jmo
panther nation Wrote:When was the last time you ever heard of the KHSAA every stepping and doing anything concerning their refs???

The KHSAA gave a three game suspension to the crew that officiated the Clay-Perry Central game (at Perry) last year. It was extraordinary.
I just got this email containing this link to video. The coaches put all the Defensive plays on it up until Barger leaves the game. Judge for yourselves.

TopCat Wrote:I just got this email containing this link to video. The coaches put all the Defensive plays on it up until Barger leaves the game. Judge for yourselves.

I am not taking sides on this nor making any accusations, but what most people are saying is it happened after the play. The video stops and goes to the next play when the play is stopped. I would like to see video of the whole game for proof either way.
TopCat Wrote:I just got this email containing this link to video. The coaches put all the Defensive plays on it up until Barger leaves the game. Judge for yourselves.

That's easy to judge .. Bell co. Done a good job editing this video . Why is not shown from huddle to huddle , because that's where it all is we had a lot of unsportsmanlike flags where are all those at it's because most of those was from retaliation by being grabbed in the privates and braces torn off so a kid couldn't come back in and what about after Barger catches the thirty yard pass and turns to come back and coach mills said you ain't s..t boy .. No ones complaining about the lost it's what cost Bell went to get the win. The game was 0 to 0 when the kid went out and I'm sure knox had more yards than Bell at that time even with the 100 yards in penalties took off ...
Throwitdown Wrote:That's easy to judge .. Bell co. Done a good job editing this video . Why is not shown from huddle to huddle , because that's where it all is we had a lot of unsportsmanlike flags where are all those at it's because most of those was from retaliation by being grabbed in the privates and braces torn off so a kid couldn't come back in and what about after Barger catches the thirty yard pass and turns to come back and coach mills said you ain't s..t boy .. No ones complaining about the lost it's what cost Bell went to get the win. The game was 0 to 0 when the kid went out and I'm sure knox had more yards than Bell at that time even with the 100 yards in penalties took off ...

KC had 129 yards rushing bell had 318 knox had 154 pasing bell had 10 so kc had a total of284 and bell had328:Clap:
Did you guys see that kc #2 throwing the corner to the ground. That's a cheap shot and a penalty.
former Wrote:Until I see a link or copy of the article, I say its not true.

Type in MOUNTAIN ADVOCATE. I have a picture of it but not sure how to post it on here.

Wow what was the Knox player trying to prove at 3:06 saying something to a COACH?? Then at 4:06 Did I see that right?? The knox county player SHOVED a BELL Player after the play was over. Then at 4:48 WOW WHERE WAS THE FLAG AT FOR THAT SWING????? :lame:
Throwitdown Wrote:That's easy to judge .. Bell co. Done a good job editing this video . Why is not shown from huddle to huddle , because that's where it all is we had a lot of unsportsmanlike flags where are all those at it's because most of those was from retaliation by being grabbed in the privates and braces torn off so a kid couldn't come back in and what about after Barger catches the thirty yard pass and turns to come back and coach mills said you ain't s..t boy .. No ones complaining about the lost it's what cost Bell went to get the win. The game was 0 to 0 when the kid went out and I'm sure knox had more yards than Bell at that time even with the 100 yards in penalties took off ...

:dudecomeon: that is all I have to say for this COMMENT!!!
Nobody films huddle to huddle. Here is a picture a friend sent me from Facebook. It destroys another Knox Central urban myth.
[Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r161/...eruvnd.jpg]

Did the paper get any facts right????
Bell Co 97 Wrote:Just seen the article published today titled "Bell County Bounty". WOW is all i can say. I feel for the kid that got hurt for Knox, for me its always hard to see that happen to any young man that steps out on the field, no matter what is written across his chest. But to publish an article like this, the young man that wrote it should have done his homework. FIRST OF ALL to use the word "target" is taking it alittle to far IMHO. I am very close to the program, as is alot of people, but to be told the coaches "targeted" a kid for the sake of a W is the craziest thing i've every heard. And I also know 100% that both coaches decided not to shake hands after the game for the safety of the young men and as a parent thats the call i would have made. Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides. It always has and it always will.

I agree with everything you have said here except your last statement(Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides.) Is false, No Parent from BELL was acting the way some of the other teams parents were!.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next