•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
Originally Posted by JagNation View Post That is Clay's claim to fame isn't it.... winning with other schools players?

Anyone remember "Aussie,Aussie,Aussie, Oy,Oy,Oy"? Couldn't resist
walterwhite Wrote:originally posted by jagnation view post that is clay's claim to fame isn't it.... Winning with other schools players?

Anyone remember "aussie,aussie,aussie, oy,oy,oy"? Couldn't resist

lmao!!
General Jackson Wrote:Collier and Hammons would have to average 30 apiece to have a shot. I dont see it happening....I call it like i see it.

Both are really good players, you guys will be very competetive, but I think your window for a district or regional title has closed for a while.:rockon:
:hilarious:

UK#24 Wrote:Clay is the favorite but I think North Laurel, Corbin, and Knox all have a shot at winning the 13th region.

Poke fun of the panthers if you want. But I'm telling you that this year KC will be a completely differnt type of team.
Hope all you get your boys in shape cause they are going to have to be to keep up with the panthers. Panthers are going to be fast paced the whole game.
Good luck keeping up!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote::hilarious:

Poke fun of the panthers if you want. But I'm telling you that this year KC will be a completely differnt type of team.
Hope all you get your boys in shape cause they are going to have to be to keep up with the panthers. Panthers are going to be fast paced the whole game.
Good luck keeping up!!!!

Hearing Knox maybe getting a transfer......Confusederiously:

Good luck keeping up!!!!

Where was I poking fun of Knox? I believe I said they could win the region.

Good luck keeping up!!!!

Gonna be a fun year in the 13th...Everything I'm hearing is that were going to the same style of play over here in "DUNKCHESTER"
This style favors the best athletes...So I'm sticking with CC to return to Rupp.
:rockon:
Has Knox ever won the region? I found one person who said they won the region once but couldn't tell me when it was. Knox always has a good team during the regular season but they never make any noise at tournament time so until they do I'm picking Clay
Knox Central won regional titles in 70, 66, 65 & 37.
Actually Clay County loves to run an score. Clay County seems to struggle with half court teams so if Knox Central wanted to run and gun Clay would love that. I heard that this year's Clay County team could score like crazy but whether or not they could stop anybody remains to be seen.
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:Actually Clay County loves to run an score. Clay County seems to struggle with half court teams so if Knox Central wanted to run and gun Clay would love that. I heard that this year's Clay County team could score like crazy but whether or not they could stop anybody remains to be seen.

Have to agree, everything I've been hearing as well.
Lets not forget that CC has the two best defenders in the region with Smith and House. But a half court game will cause them more problems than an open court, run and gun style game. I would also say that an up tempo would hurt Marsee's production.
Both Clay and Knox will be tough this year. I really like the way Clay plays. I have not got to see Knox play in a couple years but everyone says they have some nice players. Who are some sleepers in this region to make some noise?
Count Wrote:Lets not forget that CC has the two best defenders in the region with Smith and House. But a half court game will cause them more problems than an open court, run and gun style game. I would also say that an up tempo would hurt Marsee's production.

Top from bottom Knox is better in every spot than clay, also i dont know if you have seen Marsee in a while but the kid has lost about 30 pounds. Not only does clay not have a bit of size to handle Marsee in open or half court setting, they dont have the gaurd play to play with knox Barger can run with the best of them. The open court game would kill Farmer if it would hurt anyone on the court at all.
Not only is knox better than clay in every postion on the floor, the Marsee kid has lost about 30 pounds this summer, clay better worry about gaurding knox cause Barger can run with the best of them and they can not handle Marsee in open or half court setting. If a up tempo game hurts anyone it will hurt the Farmer kid.
Better at every position and u guys can only mention two names. Keep trying guys. But I will say this. If KC is getting out of the 13th it had better be this year because after that ur window is just like Jackson County's CLOSED.
Smith 6'3
Wolfe 6'4
Farmer 6'5
Marsee 6'6 I think CC will be OK in the size dept. btw how tall r KC's guards.
I'll take my chances with Blake Smith on Barger. Marsee is going to get his. He's the only player Knox has that Clay doesn't have an answer for and that's mainly because Farmer is a 3-4. The only thing I need to see is how Sexton is fitting into Clay's lineup and that will tell me everything I need to know.
Count Wrote:Smith 6'3
Wolfe 6'4
Farmer 6'5
Marsee 6'6 I think CC will be OK in the size dept. btw how tall r KC's guards.

Maybe you forget about the butt kicking you took at home with your 6'8 Allen down low??? Oh no wait thats because he was on the bench in foul trouble when he went out of the game Marsee pretty much dominated you guys or are you suffering from brain damage?? Might i add to that KC gaurds out player your gaurds all night, Also if Smith is 6'3 Barger is 6'5 and Adams is 6'4, if your saying farmer is 1inch shorter than Marsee your just plain stupied. Now for naming the players of Knox central who i dont know of according to you.

Matthew Barger 6'2 (SR)
Jeffery Adams 6'1(SR)
Dustin Hensley 6'0(SR)
Nate Cole 5'11(SR)
Chad Marsee 6'6(JR)
Tanner Wells 6'3 (Soph)
Jeremy Stewert 6'1 (Soph)
Blaine Wyatt 6'4 (JR)
Jamel Carton 6'0 (freshmen)
Hunter Tye 6'4 (JR)
Christian Bunch6'0 (freshmen)
Derk Hatfield 6'0 (freshmen)
Now if we are going on how taller you say players are according to the Farmer comment then everyone i listed is 6'7 or taller. You clearly know nothing about basketball because what your saying doesnt even make sense! Lets go over this cause i know your kind of slow...... Last year you had a 6'8 Jake Allen and you was on your home court and you lost by 10 i believe it was to knox central right? Jake Allen was in foul trouble the whole night and you had (Plenty of hight according to you) Marsee had 20 i believe and KC gaurds done pretty much anything they wanted to.. So if you had tons of highet last year why did you struggle with Panthers??
I exaggerate these kids heights in NO way. Smith was measured at 6'3 at a Nike camp in June. Wolfe is about an inch taller and Farmer is about two inches taller. I can't say how tall the KC kids are. As for last years game Smith dominated u guys I think he scored 18 in the second half. No one on KC's team could guard him and I kinda remember a two hand dunk over Marsee. One more thing we blew Williamsburg out in the region.
Confusedinglepar
One more thing Reaper
Marsee and Barger are my two favorite players to watch in the region other than CC's three. Just don't think u guys are better top to bottom or u guys r better in the open court. U really need to relax a little. The season hasn't even started yet.
The Slim Reaper Wrote:Maybe you forget about the butt kicking you took at home with your 6'8 Allen down low??? Oh no wait thats because he was on the bench in foul trouble when he went out of the game Marsee pretty much dominated you guys or are you suffering from brain damage?? Might i add to that KC gaurds out player your gaurds all night, Also if Smith is 6'3 Barger is 6'5 and Adams is 6'4, if your saying farmer is 1inch shorter than Marsee your just plain stupied. Now for naming the players of Knox central who i dont know of according to you.

Matthew Barger 6'2 (SR)
Jeffery Adams 6'1(SR)
Dustin Hensley 6'0(SR)
Nate Cole 5'11(SR)
Chad Marsee 6'6(JR)
Tanner Wells 6'3 (Soph)
Jeremy Stewert 6'1 (Soph)
Blaine Wyatt 6'4 (JR)
Jamel Carton 6'0 (freshmen)
Hunter Tye 6'4 (JR)
Christian Bunch6'0 (freshmen)
Derk Hatfield 6'0 (freshmen)
Now if we are going on how taller you say players are according to the Farmer comment then everyone i listed is 6'7 or taller. You clearly know nothing about basketball because what your saying doesnt even make sense! Lets go over this cause i know your kind of slow...... Last year you had a 6'8 Jake Allen and you was on your home court and you lost by 10 i believe it was to knox central right? Jake Allen was in foul trouble the whole night and you had (Plenty of hight according to you) Marsee had 20 i believe and KC gaurds done pretty much anything they wanted to.. So if you had tons of highet last year why did you struggle with Panthers??

I wouldn't call a 5 point win a "butt kicking." Knox won 66-61 not by 10. Last year's game has absolutely nothing to do with this year. If having height equals winning games then nobody will stop North Laurel.
Excellent point.
:HitWall:
[quote=The Slim Reaper]Not only is knox better than clay in every postion on the floor, the Marsee kid has lost about 30 pounds this summer, clay better worry about gaurding knox cause Barger can run with the best of them and they can not handle Marsee in open or half court setting. If a up tempo game hurts anyone it will hurt the Farmer kid.[/QUOTE

Have u lost ur mind reaper. If u honestly think Knox is better at every position u must also believe penguins can fly. The only and I repeat only position knox is better at is Marsee. And if u all run the way u say that will neglect that advantage. If u beat Clay it will be in the half court. There are only 2-3 teams in the mountains that would even consider running with clay and one of them is UPIKE. Ask North,Williamburg, and oh yeah the state champs how it is to run with the boys from Dunkchester. Best thing for u to do reaper is lay the pipe down because whatever ur smoking is dangerous. Hillbilly Hops Blake Smith can shut any guard u got down plus dunk all over ur big man.
To be the man u have to beat the man. And I don't mean in the regular season. I'm talking about March when the big boys lace them up. And yeah Smith is 100% 6'3" with at least a 40" vertical leap. Tell Barger to score over that. Williamsburg says hey to by the way. Some people have that winning attitude and some people pack it in at crunch time. Just saying
People outside of Clay County forget Farmer, Wolfe, and Smith were SOPHOMORES! Farmer and Smith have grown and may continue to. Like I said, Knox is better at one position and I will take nothing away from Marsee. Barger is good but I will take Blake Smith on him 10 days out of the week.
SOPHOMORES in clay county means no older than 34 or 35 I think... Just kidding. Clay should be the preseason favorite, but it's never a lock in the 13th. I give Knox a good chance, and don't under estimate Coach P. We don't have has much talent but Coach will have them playing hard. I think North Laurel has talent but we will see how the two young bigs will work together. I have never liked two bigs at the same time. If I'm betting the farm on a champion though I'm betting on Clay. A fast paced game won't hurt farmer IMO either, matter of fact he is highly skilled which usually does well in a fast paced game.
Farmer did look awfully mature for a sophomore, a lot like his dad. Did Richie grow after the eighth grade? I am surprised he made it to 6-5.
I'm also surprised Barger is 6-2. I didn't think any of the KC guards looked bigger than 6-0 in the summer.
The facial hair is in the Farmer gene pool, haha. Don't know where Trey's height came from.
I am not even worried about Knox Central......with the region as balanced from about the 3rd team to the 6th team....Knox will never make it out of the region. We heard this same crap last year and Knox couldn't get out of the first round of the region.......Now they have a new coach and we better watch out *gags*.......Until you win something in the post season don't get on here talking smash......I don't care if Knox beats Clay by 30 in the regular season (which won't happen).....there is no way I would bet on them in post season......Oh by the way
#BLAKE SMITH FOR MR. BASKETBALL 2015 Smile
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next