Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield 1a @ #3 Murray 2a 09-12-14
It is in the KHSAA AP polls. You have a computer, go to Louisville Courier Journal sports. Click on the high school sports and you will find it. #1 is DeSales, #2 is Caldwell Co and #3 is Murray. This was the one that was released just last week. I don't know if the come from behind win by 5a Graves County will effect that or not.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I bet you this doug wearing pj's, PT will end up in the regional finals if not the semi finals again this year. I will also bet that Fort Campbell will end up being the #2 seed in their 3a district. What you do not understand is their injuries led to us having such a blow out. We knocked them down to their 3rd string qb.

Fort Campbell is down and had a losing season last year and not near as good as they were once were and you know it.I agree your Mayfield team is great but if a team from the east was playing Fort Campbell you would be bashing them for playing weak competition.
mysonis55 Wrote:It is in the KHSAA AP polls. You have a computer, go to Louisville Courier Journal sports. Click on the high school sports and you will find it. #1 is DeSales, #2 is Caldwell Co and #3 is Murray. This was the one that was released just last week. I don't know if the come from behind win by 5a Graves County will effect that or not.

of course a loss affects it. Caldwell is #3
It may not effect them in their class since they lost to an out of class team. That would mean that another 2a team would have to impress the voters. I would say if they lose to us this week, it will surely hurt them to lose two in a row.
I fully expect W'Burg & Mayfield to meet again in the finals. I think both teams have played up to there potential, but, it's still very early in the season and a couple of key injuries could certainly change things. I think Pikeville & Frankfort are both nipping at your heels & represent your biggest challenges with a couple of other teams from both the east & west that could also challenge if they can improve in an area or 2 in the next couple of months.
Edited by PT.

Rules Violation.
pjdoug Wrote:of course a loss affects it. Caldwell is #3

A loss is does not always effect ur position as it should..after our loss we maintained all fpv
ontopofthewest Wrote:A loss is does not always effect ur position as it should..after our loss we maintained all fpv

not always but that was last week's poll and Murray has dropped.
I pick Mayfield to beat Murray 28-14
Fort cambell is down from their 2a undefeated dominating streak yes ......! Weak....? No...! I cant defend 55`s idea of a marshmallow but my guess is by lookin at ur schedual u need to take some graham crackers and chocolate to every game...:trolldad2:

Ha fort cambell would be a tough game for yall... promis..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Fort cambell is down from their 2a undefeated dominating streak yes ......! Weak....? No...! I cant defend 55`s idea of a marshmallow but my guess is by lookin at ur schedual u need to take some graham crackers and chocolate to every game...:trolldad2:

it's not my schedule.I'm not a Williamsburg fan but pretending your schedule is so great while bashing the east is ridiculous. Fort Campbell is way way down from what they once were and Paducah Tilghman is overrated. I'm not knocking Mayfield since it's obvious they are a great team and gave great effort against 6a McCracken but the arrogance and calling comparable competition marshmallows is laughable.
Call them like I see them. Aren't you up past you bed time. Put you little pj's on and go to bed.
mysonis55 Wrote:Call them like I see them. Aren't you up past you bed time. Put you little pj's on and go to bed.

you call a bunch of BS
Same stuff I tried to explain last year. You see the results. I stand behind my predictions.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Fort cambell is down from their 2a undefeated dominating streak yes ......! Weak....? No...! I cant defend 55`s idea of a marshmallow but my guess is by lookin at ur schedual u need to take some graham crackers and chocolate to every game...:trolldad2:

:biglmao:
I'm glad topsnitch, and PJ dousche joined us on the mayfield/murray thread it was getting a little boring for my taste.
Yeah, now if I could gets someone to comment on the top ten thread. I can't believe no one is complaining about my picks.
Mayfield by 10. They always beat up on their far west neighbors from 1A to 6A.
Mayfield will roll. Pound for pound, Mayfield is the best team in the state, just about every year.
adopted purple Wrote:Mayfield will roll. Pound for pound, Mayfield is the best team in the state, just about every year.

Glad you noticed, but topnotch will be mad at you. I would also say highlands has to be mentioned pound for pound year in and year out.
pjdoug Wrote:where is the poll that says Murray is ranked #3 in 2A? the marshmallow ain't even top 10.

He is using the AP Poll which they are ranked #3 in.
I was afraid that would be noticed. I picked it up last night but was hoping he wouldn't get in a mess for it. I would say it was purely accidental.
mysonis55 Wrote:Surely I'm not the only one that has seen you guys blasting other east teams and telling how the burg is gonna win the east. I have seen it on many threads. The threads drop down the list so far after each week of games. So I'm not going back just to show you. Mainly someone that is about 9 points behind my screen name. I surely do hope we get back this year. I even more hope that we meet the orange jackets there again. First off so I can chat with 64. Secondly so we can put a stop to this wild belief that just because it's a teams second chance at us they are gonna win.

YOU 55 could not show me anywhere, where we bragged about anything, so PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'm not sure that post was deserved. 55 may be excited by the schedule may field plays, but come on man.

I am by far no spelling bee champion, but I can spell my teams name correctly. Confusednicker:

Even 64 spells it correctly. :welcome:
I did spell it correctly. This device doesn't recognize the word and puts a space in it.
Top Notch, you shouldn't have insisted on opening that can. Now between my painting, I am researching. I barely got started and found the first where a burg fan was knocking the dawgs and insinuating that the burg will be the team. I found that it 2 min time. I'm gonna compile a list though before I start quoting.
topnotch Wrote:That is not the fairest system Khsaa could come up with, the fairest system would be cut you off when you reach the number no questions ask. Fact is you are there because there are very few class A schools for you to play in that part of the state. I think it would be equally fair for you to have played up.

While the KHSAA is going about changing the rules for u, can they do something about giving the silver trophy to the team that loses the championship game. That trophy should have gone to Russellville, clearly the second best team in Class A football last year. Not Williamsburg. Do they make like a 5th place trophy or something.

So go ahead and get you some Styrofoam peanuts and send that crown jewel of yours from last year to R'Ville. :biglmao:
I don't know if it would be Russellville or Frankfort. They were both mighty tough.
My favorite part of topnotch complaining is how he is calling out mayfield for getting players from illinois when i cant think of a single one, then reading burg threads and reading how well the rb they stole from harlan county is doing.
mysonis55 Wrote:Top Notch, you shouldn't have insisted on opening that can. Now between my painting, I am researching. I barely got started and found the first where a burg fan was knocking the dawgs and insinuating that the burg will be the team. I found that it 2 min time. I'm gonna compile a list though before I start quoting.

That sound like me Mysonis55. That's my thunder....:rockon: