Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 Mayfield 1a @ #3 Murray 2a 09-12-14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well we have another great one here. Let's hear everyone's thoughts. This was a close one last year, should be interesting.
I will start this off by telling how much I like our schedule this year. Here is what we have done so far:
Scrimmage against Milan #8 3a of Tn and won by 10
Previously ranked Fort Campbell of 3a we won by 45.
#5 McCracken 6a we lost by 1.
#7 Paducah Tilghman 3a we won by 26.
Now on to #3 in 2a.
What is the deal with the snaps continuing to be very high. Arnett has to jump up like he is dunking a basketball to get the football. I'm very surprised we haven't had any fumbles yet due to that.
It cost us the McCracken game. The fumble Tyler had inside our 20 yd line that led to a fg by the stangs in the first half. That was a high snap that led to bad timing on the handoff. It never got to him. We were tied at the end of regulation because of that.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will start this off by telling how much I like our schedule this year. Here is what we have done so far:
Now on to #3 in 2a.

Let there be no doubt, Mayfield is the greatest team that ever played football in Ky. Every one else who wins football games are playing marshmellows, and if they would play the best teams in 6A 5A and 4A, they would be able to compete with mighty Mayfield. If you don't believe this just read any thread on BGR and the best Sat, coach in Kentucky will tell you. He will even tell you how to make out your schedule, and how to coach your team, what he wan't tell you is Mayfield has the largest enrollment of any 1A school in Kentucky.And the largest feeder system ever put together The entire state of Illinois. 55 if we are fortunate to have the honor of playing in Bowlingreen this year We intend to bust your ASS and hand it to you in A platter
I'm not sure that post was deserved. 55 may be excited by the schedule may field plays, but come on man.
So, Top Notch what do you really think? Do we want to talk about this? How about all the Wburg fans getting on here and telling everyone in the east just how good they are and how no one can compete with them? Is that okay? It's the same difference. The fact remains that we play a tougher schedule to be ready for the playoffs because it works. The fact remains that some play a much weaker schedule to pad their all time wins. This leaves them shocked when they get to a game where the talent is similar. As far as size of enrollment, it is the fairest system the KHSAA could come up with. Come and watch how we do next year when we are one of the smaller schools in our class.
mysonis55 Wrote:So, Top Notch what do you really think? Do we want to talk about this? How about all the Wburg fans getting on here and telling everyone in the east just how good they are and how no one can compete with them? Is that okay? It's the same difference. The fact remains that we play a tougher schedule to be ready for the playoffs because it works. The fact remains that some play a much weaker schedule to pad their all time wins. This leaves them shocked when they get to a game where the talent is similar. As far as size of enrollment, it is the fairest system the KHSAA could come up with. Come and watch how we do next year when we are one of the smaller schools in our class.

I think y'all are hiding some of your students during head count. I want be surprise after a year in 2A you will have 3A number.....This is one of the oldest trick in high school sports.....:lmao:
There are only 4 schools in Kentucky smaller than the Orange YELLOW JACKETS, that still play football, Your Mayfield, has the largest enrollment of any Class A school in Ky. As to us telling every one how good we are, SHOW ME I HAVENT SEEN THAT.
That is not the fairest system Khsaa could come up with, the fairest system would be cut you off when you reach the number no questions ask. Fact is you are there because there are very few class A schools for you to play in that part of the state. I think it would be equally fair for you to have played up.
Topnotch your facts are skewed. Williamsburg was not the 4th smallest when they done the realignment numbers if you don't believe me search through that thread. Also Allen central is moving up to because they are about the same size as mayfiekd, but you never complain about there numbers. Funny that I can't name one kid from Illinois on the team, but you claim its the biggest feeder system from Illinois to may field known to mankind. May field has 5 rings in 2a in a 4 class system being one of the smaller schools, and at least 1 of them they won playing up with 1a numbers. What exactly is your problem with may field.
I saw the thread title and was just going to say how awesome that schedule must be for the fans!
Be careful topnotch will jump all over you panther. I hope pikeville steam rolls the burg this year.
Just looked it up for you again topnotch Williamsburg was 11th smallest may field was 2nd biggest at least get your facts straight so you will be more credible on here.
Does anyone else think #3 is a little high for Murray. If they are that good then they are most likely better than last year, I just thought with a new coach, and the graduation of Boone that they wouldn't be this good this year.
Surely I'm not the only one that has seen you guys blasting other east teams and telling how the burg is gonna win the east. I have seen it on many threads. The threads drop down the list so far after each week of games. So I'm not going back just to show you. Mainly someone that is about 9 points behind my screen name. I surely do hope we get back this year. I even more hope that we meet the orange jackets there again. First off so I can chat with 64. Secondly so we can put a stop to this wild belief that just because it's a teams second chance at us they are gonna win.
Same fans from the burg that said they would beat may field now crying like a kid that had his milk money stolen. The burg fans I met at the game were very confident to, and didn't see any way that they could lose with how good they were. I just politely said good luck, and went and found my seat. They had no clue how strong the west was last year, and what was fixin to happen, but this is a new year who knows how good the east teams are this year. 55 what is your may field/Murray prediction. I'm not really sure at this point how good they are, but it should give us a good indication on what to expect from graves following week. I think it will be a good game with Murray, and with graves.
Eager to hear about this one come Friday night.
The transfer that Murray got will help them out a lot. If we contain Love then it will be the same as always. Good game but Mayfield coming out on top. Murray is not the same old Murray. It seems they found out what the forward pass is. Murray has a big line but our fast D-line should handle them.
I think we should do a little better than we did against PT. That is if our boys aren't flat. The prep for big game after big game gets hard. I talked to a couple Sat that said they just couldn't get pumped Fri. I hope they can this week.
Good luck 55 I hope you beat every one you play, I hope we get A chance to play you for all the marbles. I have a right to get sick watching you post on about every thread how we should coach our team and how we play marshmallows, and how great Mayfield is.
topnotch Wrote:Good luck 55 I hope you beat every one you play, I hope we get A chance to play you for all the marbles. I have a right to get sick watching you post on about every thread how we should coach our team and how we play marshmallows, and how great Mayfield is.

I bet Green is your favorite color!
topnotch Wrote:There are only 4 schools in Kentucky smaller than the Orange YELLOW JACKETS, that still play football, Your Mayfield, has the largest enrollment of any Class A school in Ky. As to us telling every one how good we are, SHOW ME I HAVENT SEEN THAT.

Listen up, Mr. Stupid, we play how they tell us. We will beat your little half football program into the dirt.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will start this off by telling how much I like our schedule this year. Here is what we have done so far:
Now on to #3 in 2a.

previously ranked?? Fort Campbell is weak and you would call them marshmallows if anybody else played them .Paducah Tilghman is also another weak marshmallow. McCracken County is the only good team you have played this year. I understand you are biased for your home team but you get so ridiculous with the arrogance that it is laughable.
topnotch Wrote:Let there be no doubt, Mayfield is the greatest team that ever played football in Ky. Every one else who wins football games are playing marshmellows, and if they would play the best teams in 6A 5A and 4A, they would be able to compete with mighty Mayfield. If you don't believe this just read any thread on BGR and the best Sat, coach in Kentucky will tell you. He will even tell you how to make out your schedule, and how to coach your team, what he wan't tell you is Mayfield has the largest enrollment of any 1A school in Kentucky.And the largest feeder system ever put together The entire state of Illinois. 55 if we are fortunate to have the honor of playing in Bowlingreen this year We intend to bust your ASS and hand it to you in A platter

Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:I think y'all are hiding some of your students during head count. I want be surprise after a year in 2A you will have 3A number.....This is one of the oldest trick in high school sports.....:lmao:

:biglmao:
I guess I'm going to pick 1A National Power House Mayfield in this one over marshmallow 2A Murray.

1A Mayfield 64
2A Murray 14

GO 1A :Cheerlead
Now it is getting good.
Well, I bet you this doug wearing pj's, PT will end up in the regional finals if not the semi finals again this year. I will also bet that Fort Campbell will end up being the #2 seed in their 3a district. What you do not understand is their injuries led to us having such a blow out. We knocked them down to their 3rd string qb.
where is the poll that says Murray is ranked #3 in 2A? the marshmallow ain't even top 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5