Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can teams be full pads already?
3wishes Wrote:That picture is a team camp which involves other schools, I'm sure they pay additional insurance for the camp. This is no different than the Lineman Camps that are participated in at Hawg Heaven, etc. A lot of schools go to colleges and meet other teams and do drills, perfectly legal. As long as they pay their insurance for the camp.
The problem here is a lot of people don't know the rules and call out other schools too quickly before knowing the details.

what picture? Smile
Nope, teams no. Lineman camps ,student pays fee, and other individuals invited. Not teams, and their coaches with 11 on 11 scrimmages.
There are pictures with coaches in attendance, I thought during dead period coaches weren't supposed to be involved?
Coaches are pemitted 0 contact with their players during the dead period. The dead period ended July 9.
They hosted a camp and paid the school for facilities. Other coaches worked it. I do not agree, it is a loop hole, but it is not 11-11 scrimmage with your team, it is individual. I expect KHSAA to shut it down when they get a kid hurt, or complaints. Fundraisers , just like most all camps.

I worked the concession stand at ours a couple years ago..
Hawg Heaven Camp was on July 10th, 11th and 12th. Dead period was over. Yes everyone was in pads. 3 Teams had lots of kids there in pads. It is legal. May stretch things a little but legal.
Some have learn to walk that thin line between right and wrong. And they will continue until someone complains to someone gets hurt and sue.
Well, Well. Not a very good situation.
panther nation Wrote:Some have learn to walk that thin line between right and wrong. And they will continue until someone complains to someone gets hurt and sue.

I agree with that statement, however this is not a thin line. These guys are 7 days early. IMO with the teams involved a couple coaches are thinking no one will touch the high profile coach. We will have to set back and see how this unfolds.
A coach can't coach their team unless the team has members of another school on it, which in the case of what teams are doing in Georgetown they are coaching their team and scrimmaging which is against the rules as in too soon to be in pads and too many scrimmages.
Sorry not true, kids in GT are not on other teams. Guys man up.
is there proof of teams doing this? or just a bunch of stirrers?
pjdoug Wrote:is there proof of teams doing this? or just a bunch of stirrers?

I guess time will tell if this was bs or the truth!
ArchieAdams said he watched them, We will see if he is lying or telling the truth.
Just done a bit of research and if the school and or booster club paid for this camp , can not put pads on and do what they are alleged to have done.. Kids have to pay their on way to individuals camps.
Just gotta love pre-season.
Flicka Wrote:Just done a bit of research and if the school and or booster club paid for this camp , can not put pads on and do what they are alleged to have done.. Kids have to pay their on way to individuals camps.

:yawn:
I thought dead period was over July 15th. At least that's when they started practice here.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I thought dead period was over July 15th. At least that's when they started practice here.

Smh don't tell on yourself :biglmao::eyeroll:
[Image: http://doomandgloomsports.files.wordpres...2x441c.jpg]

I drove by Cam stadium at Belfry the other day and saw this........................
......dang cheaters!:biggrin:
Those are girls! Oh, GG, now you will be their target and not me! Thank you!!

Confusednicker:
Cellking Wrote:Hawg Heaven Camp was on July 10th, 11th and 12th. Dead period was over. Yes everyone was in pads. 3 Teams had lots of kids there in pads. It is legal. May stretch things a little but legal.

No practice prior to July 15th. That was the end of dead period. Guys it is a quick read on the KHSAA website. Click on sports and then football and then look in Limitations of Seasons. This is why I have trouble with people that say well it is confusing. No excuse for putting pads on this early. Tomorrowis the day.
Do-double-gg Wrote:[Image: http://doomandgloomsports.files.wordpres...2x441c.jpg]

I drove by Cam stadium at Belfry the other day and saw this........................

Confusednicker:
Flicka Wrote:No practice prior to July 15th. That was the end of dead period. Guys it is a quick read on the KHSAA website. Click on sports and then football and then look in Limitations of Seasons. This is why I have trouble with people that say well it is confusing. No excuse for putting pads on this early. Tomorrowis the day.
KHSAA calendar has dead period ending July 9. Why it ends on a Wednesday is beyond me.

http://khsaa.org/general/resources/calendar/
July 9 last day of dead period.
Do-double-gg Wrote:[Image: http://doomandgloomsports.files.wordpres...2x441c.jpg]

That was cheerleader practice.

Belfry really takes their football season prep serious.

On an aside note I'd still take the BHS Cheerleaders by 7 over the Dawgs.
:biggrin:
jamesdeane Wrote:KHSAA calendar has dead period ending July 9. Why it ends on a Wednesday is beyond me.

It is June 25th to July 9th every year regardless of day. This allows the same amount of actual days in the dead period year to year without having to adjust the schedule.
Flicka Wrote:No practice prior to July 15th. That was the end of dead period. Guys it is a quick read on the KHSAA website. Click on sports and then football and then look in Limitations of Seasons. This is why I have trouble with people that say well it is confusing. No excuse for putting pads on this early. Tomorrowis the day.

Anything that is a "camp" is usually legal. It is not a KHSAA function, and most of the time are held at universities that govern outside of the KHSAA. If any team has wore complete pads before tomorrow outside of that context, then yes, they are violating the rules.
I find it very amusing that people are outraged that coaches and players are willing to get in extra work to make themselves better.
jamesdeane Wrote:KHSAA calendar has dead period ending July 9. Why it ends on a Wednesday is beyond me.

You are correct, then look down on the 15th and see it says 1st FB practice. The 15th was the first legal day. Kids can come back into school and lift after the 9th ect.... FB started the 15th.

I can promise you one thing any school (team)in full pads before Aug 1 is not in compliance with the rules. 11-11 scrimmage can not happen last weekend or this week. Tomorrow is the 1st day for teams in pads.

Those 4 teams knew that.