Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCC rumor
And in what ways is that different from hazard and Pcc trading players for as far back as Pcc existence? None
Hauler Wrote:And in what ways is that different from hazard and Pcc trading players for as far back as Pcc existence? None

Touché

But to be fair...
It had never been done to that extent.
It's one thing for a Tyler Bailey, a Corey Martin or a Eric Back to switch schools...

But it's another thing to pick up all the players that Knott County got that year.
ballstar Wrote:[quote=Black Bear Cuz]Its not hard to figure out, with all the recruiting and nonsense that goes on over there in the 14th. Unless PCC is able to get a couple recruits to come in and help Beverly he will probably go somewhere else..... Everyone knows thats how it works in the upper tier programs of the

If 14th region teams didn't recruit it would be PCC and HHS at the top of the region every year like it was b4. For about 20 years PCC and hhs has dominated this region for the most part until the last 3/4 years and will continue to do so when all the recruiting goes away. You will have the ocassional champion from another school but that's about it. PCC/HHS has good feeder programs and take a lot of pride in creating a winning program.

That's because for 20 years they were the only teams that recruited! Every Pcc regional championship team with the exception of maybe one and the same for hazard had transfers.
I was told last year that all five of Knott's starters either came from JBS or East Ridge and this year they brought in the Keegan kid from somewhere else? Or was he originally from Knott Co?
thegr81 Wrote:[quote=ballstar]

That's because for 20 years they were the only teams that recruited! Every Pcc regional championship team with the exception of maybe one and the same for hazard had transfers.

We went back-to-back in 2004 and 2005 with a team full of homegrown boys.
Led by Daniel Combs of the great community of Maces Creek.
MidnightRider Wrote:I was told last year that all five of Knott's starters either came from JBS or East Ridge and this year they brought in the Keegan kid from somewhere else? Or was he originally from Knott Co?

Bath County.

And the way everyone was talking he was gonna just light everyone up.
zaga_fan Wrote:Bath County.

So let me get this straight: Knott County has 5 starters that all came from JBS, East Ridge, and Bath County yet they get upset with Cordia, Perry, Hazard etc for transfers? Just going off what I've read on here and heard of course.
When did hall go to jbs? I know hall play at emmalena
MidnightRider Wrote:So let me get this straight: Knott County has 5 starters that all came from JBS, East Ridge, and Bath County yet they get upset with Cordia, Perry, Hazard etc for transfers? Just going off what I've read on here and heard of course.

I think the point most Knott fans try to make is that our starting 5 excluding Sammons have attended KCC every year.

Are you a transfer if you attend a different feeder school? I don't think so.

Several kids go to JBS for elem school and transfer to KCC for high school, even when athletics are not in the picture.

FYI Evan Hall graduated from Emmalena Elem.
^ So by that logic if Perry starts Beverly, Tobler, Keita and whoever else from their bench they are in the clear.
zaga_fan Wrote:Bath County.

HeGotGame Wrote:I think the point most Knott fans try to make is that our starting 5 excluding Sammons have attended KCC every year.

Are you a transfer if you attend a different feeder school? I don't think so.

Several kids go to JBS for elem school and transfer to KCC for high school, even when athletics are not in the picture.

FYI Evan Hall graduated from Emmalena Elem.

To me a transfer is a transfer. I wouldn't classify JBS as a Knott Central feeder school aren't they a K-12 private school? We've seen kids go from Perry to Hazard or North Laurel to South and so on.
zaga_fan Wrote:[quote=thegr81]

We went back-to-back in 2004 and 2005 with a team full of homegrown boys.
Led by Daniel Combs of the great community of Maces Creek.

Lets be honest here...
Are there really any "great" communities in Perry County? Confusednicker:
Perry has won at least 4 regional titles with no transfers
zaga_fan Wrote:^ So by that logic if Perry starts Beverly, Tobler, Keita and whoever else from their bench they are in the clear.

Pretty much. I go back and forth about how I feel about it..

All the talk about transfers positive or negative is annoying.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[quote=zaga_fan]

Lets be honest here...
Are there really any "great" communities in Perry County? Confusednicker:

Combs, Lick Branch and Glowmar to name a few.
Going by your guys assumptions if they didn't start out in kindergarten at perry co. Central they are transfers. Makes no sense. I could care less where somebody plays grade school ball I'm sorry.
zaga_fan Wrote:They only did that AFTER all the kids transferred to Knott.

Can't say anything about knott county for this guy.
Don't even mention Dairy Queen.
Transfer this recruit that.. Blah.
Let em play finally.
A few people on here keep beating the dead horse.
Exactly
HeGotGame Wrote:Pretty much. I go back and forth about how I feel about it..

All the talk about transfers positive or negative is annoying.

Oh believe me...
I know.

The only reason I even mention it is because it's stupid to have the rules in place for transfers if they can't be enforced.

If you've got kids ruled ineligible at Hazard and they have to sit a year...
then the KHSAA shouldn't have their hands tied behind their backs with kids suing them for the chance to play over in Lotts Creek.

Only way to fix it is to let EVERYONE play or make EVERYONE sit a year.
I agree with the statement about Hazard and PCC controlled the 14th for the longest time until recently.... But occasionally you had teams like Whitesburg, or Powell County sneak in there... I went to PCC from 2000 to 2004 and We was the favorite to win region my freshmen, sophomore and a major contender my junior but we fell short each year,, Wolfe Co by 1 my freshmen year, Whitesburg my sophomore year by 2 (which is one of the best teams PCC has ever had 26-2 record Lost first game of season to Montgomery Co then Whitesburg who we beat a month earlier by 24 points) Then Junior year when lost to Powell County twice and (once in region) and Scott Co and Cleveland CA by 2 which we had down atleast 12 or 14 points in las vegas. My senior year I never played but we wasn't favored to win region but we did and I think it was either Hazard or Breathitt County that year. But was capable to winning region and did but people wrote us off after losing to Hazard two times then beat them the next two times and sending the home in the district was great with the Daniel Combs floater..
zaga_fan Wrote:Oh believe me...
I know.

The only reason I even mention it is because it's stupid to have the rules in place for transfers if they can't be enforced.

If you've got kids ruled ineligible at Hazard and they have to sit a year...
then the KHSAA shouldn't have their hands tied behind their backs with kids suing them for the chance to play over in Lotts Creek.

Only way to fix it is to let EVERYONE play or make EVERYONE sit a year.

Agree!!
36 weeks for everybody ends all the discussion. Will never happen.
ballstar Wrote:Combs, Lick Branch and Glowmar to name a few.

I expected nothing less out of those names.
This is quite an entertaining thread to read even if I am not quite sure what the rub it between all these schools. Can one of you guys give me a Cliff Note version of this? Who is JBS? Isnt East Ridge in the 15th region, is this crossing regions too?

What is the transfer answer? Sitting out one year would seem to be harsh on kid like "little billy" whos dad say loses his job in Ashland and has to move to Owensboro for a new job but the kid would have to sit out?
It is Feb. and we are still talking about recruits still coming this season, it must be pay for play in the 14th.
citykat Wrote:This is quite an entertaining thread to read even if I am not quite sure what the rub it between all these schools. Can one of you guys give me a Cliff Note version of this? Who is JBS? Isnt East Ridge in the 15th region, is this crossing regions too?

What is the transfer answer? Sitting out one year would seem to be harsh on kid like "little billy" whos dad say loses his job in Ashland and has to move to Owensboro for a new job but the kid would have to sit out?

Based on what I've been told both Cornett boys, Christon, and Miller were long time JBS students. Hall attended for about a month or two. Justice came from East Ridge which is in the 15th region and Sammons came from Bath Co which is the 16th region.

Transfers happen all the time we see it every year. I don't see why folks are so upset with Cordia when schools recruit every year. Of course Cordia has kids from Canada and so on but recruiting kids to play no matter where they come from it's all the same.
insideinfo Wrote:It is Feb. and we are still talking about recruits still coming this season, it must be pay for play in the 14th.
More like player for hire
citykat Wrote:This is quite an entertaining thread to read even if I am not quite sure what the rub it between all these schools. Can one of you guys give me a Cliff Note version of this? Who is JBS? Isnt East Ridge in the 15th region, is this crossing regions too?

JBS is the June Buchanan School. It is a small, private K-12 school located on the campus of Alice Lloyd College in Knott Co.
hitter Wrote:Perry has won at least 4 regional titles with no transfers

Knott Central has won 7.