Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 77 Belfry 72 Final
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:To Case they are just there to rebound. Maynard actually tries to get them involved some.

I have talked to Maynards buddies to day and I was told Maynard was suspended! Case gets a T Cusses the Coach after he is told to sit them is put back in and acts like a idiot as well, as jacks up deep three after deep three, gets NO ONE involved but he is not punished.

The key to this team is getting others involved, but sadly this is Cases team and he will do as he pleases. They are the most talented team in the region too, sad, it really sad.

Belfry should have there 4th coach in 6 years at the end of this year.......

Case is suspended from waht my g/f told me who goes to Belfry..
Maynard is suspended indiffenlty, or until he apoligizes to coach Casey. Case has to set out the game Lawerence Co. And about Case can do what he wants, he tried to set down after the T, he knew the rules, Casey made him go back in. I dont agree with the three's he shoots, but he makes them.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:Belfry has some problems. Zach was settting for the remainder of the game when he got the T. Case didn't. Case probably will not sit out. Maynard can cuss the coach, as can Case, and threaten to quit but other less talented kids are encouraged to leave the team. Coach Casey proved that winning is more important than discipline last night. Maynard and Case both should have sat the rest of the game.

There is 3 sets of rules for this team Jamie's, Matts, and everyone else.

The ball should be pounded inside to Zach and May should get more touches, they work their butts off rebounding and defending but are froze out on the offensive end.

Belfry's big men sometimes work hard for rebounds, alot of times they just stand around watching, I've seen it to many times... Bowen gets involved in the offense alot more than people realize. I believe he had like 17 points... Steele gets the ball alot to he just doesn't follow through... It's funny that you say Case doesn't pass the ball and he is almost averaging 8 assist a game, going by Bennet West assist, which is if the ball is dribbled one time it isnt an assist...
So Matt Maynard is no longer on the team or what???? Please fill me in?
As of yesterday after a metting between Matt, Coach Casey, Coach Haywood, and Mr, Varney, Matt was suspended from the team indeffently, or I was told until he makes an Apology to Coach Casey For his actions during and after the game...
I'm not saying that Jamie can't make them from out there. He can..but he misses a whole lot more then he makes. And I'm not degrading his talent at all..He's a good ball player. And I dunno how many points he had at the end of the game..like I said..I only saw the first half and thats all I commented on. And as far as him runnin his mouth..that was just IMO...it looked like he was to me. But I was only there till halftime..I dunno what happened in the second half so I can't comment on it. If these suspensions to Matt and Jamie are true then I think thats a really good thing. Great teams have discipline and Belfry has lacked real discipline for years.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:To Case they are just there to rebound. Maynard actually tries to get them involved some.

I have talked to Maynards buddies to day and I was told Maynard was suspended! Case gets a T Cusses the Coach after he is told to sit them is put back in and acts like a idiot as well, as jacks up deep three after deep three, gets NO ONE involved but he is not punished.

The key to this team is getting others involved, but sadly this is Cases team and he will do as he pleases. They are the most talented team in the region too, sad, it really sad.

Belfry should have there 4th coach in 6 years at the end of this year.......

At no point did Case cuss Coach Casey, I was setting 5 feet away. You have no clue what you are talking about... You need to quit bashing and bad mouthing with out facts or truth to back it up, or your not going to make it past your trial membership...
"Coach" Wrote:I'm not saying that Jamie can't make them from out there. He can..but he misses a whole lot more then he makes. And I'm not degrading his talent at all..He's a good ball player. And I dunno how many points he had at the end of the game..like I said..I only saw the first half and thats all I commented on. And as far as him runnin his mouth..that was just IMO...it looked like he was to me. But I was only there till halftime..I dunno what happened in the second half so I can't comment on it. If these suspensions to Matt and Jamie are true then I think thats a really good thing. Great teams have discipline and Belfry has lacked real discipline for years.

He had 31. Anyone who shoots threes are going to miss alot more than they make. he is shooting 30.1% behind the line that is better than anyone on the team... The suspensions are legit, Maynard is indeffently, Case's is 1 game, the 1 game suspension is a team rule, for anyone who gets a technical...
Wild region this year huh guys???
Hopefully Matt will get his act together and apollogize for his actions the other nite...Otherwise he will be badly missed and the post season will be a very short one, maybe won't even make it out of district...
"wildman_06" Wrote:Wild region this year huh guys???

It really is. East ridge pulled off another big upset beating Paintsville by 12 or 15, it really is wide open...
"Charlie" Wrote:Hopefully Matt will get his act together and apollogize for his actions the other nite...Otherwise he will be badly missed and the post season will be a very short one, maybe won't even make it out of district...

Knowing Matt as good as I do, I dont see him apoligizing. I don't think this hurts Belfry's post season chances. They just have to reconfigure their game plan. As good as Matt was, he brought alot of negitivity to the Belfry program... He will be sadly missed but, Belfry will be just fine...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Knowing Matt as good as I do, I dont see him apoligizing. I don't think this hurts Belfry's post season chances. They just have to reconfigure their game plan. As good as Matt was, he brought alot of negitivity to the Belfry program... He will be sadly missed but, Belfry will be just fine...

The hardest thing to teach a kid (or for that matter most adults) is to apologize and admit when you were in the wrong. Pride will get the best of you every time.
WOW this region is crazy this year.. Give props to Coach way to stand up and take charge, Do you think you could give some lessons to some people at Hihat
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Maynard is suspended indiffenlty, or until he apoligizes to coach Casey. Case has to set out the game Lawerence Co. And about Case can do what he wants, he tried to set down after the T, he knew the rules, Casey made him go back in. I dont agree with the three's he shoots, but he makes them.

That part of your quote right there says it all, Case was allowed, no made to go back in after the T and Steel and Bowman were made to sit the remainder of the game............

And shooting 30% from 3 is not very good, considering how deep he shoots them and how many he shoots a game. If you think the big guys are used enough you must be watching a different game, did you watch the LCC game, Bowman keeping them in the game and Case couldn't take not scoring, so he shoots them out of it. If I was Matt I wouldn't apologize, until Case sits out as many games as he does. It all comes back to Jamie being a JR and Matt a SR, gotta keep Jamie happy.

And Bennetts stats are suspect at best, he pads stat for those he likes and punishes those he don't. You suck up to Bennett you grade out better than most.

And can anyone tell me why no Belfry alum is our coach? There are a few out there, but nooooo we get a Matewan guy........who loves some WVa kids, hes got Matwan kids on the feshman team, and stacks the middle school with Williamson kids that are nothing but trouble............
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:That part of your quote right there says it all, Case was allowed, no made to go back in after the T and Steel and Bowman were made to sit the remainder of the game............

And shooting 30% from 3 is not very good, considering how deep he shoots them and how many he shoots a game. If you think the big guys are used enough you must be watching a different game, did you watch the LCC game, Bowman keeping them in the game and Case couldn't take not scoring, so he shoots them out of it. If I was Matt I wouldn't apologize, until Case sits out as many games as he does. It all comes back to Jamie being a JR and Matt a SR, gotta keep Jamie happy.

And Bennetts stats are suspect at best, he pads stat for those he likes and punishes those he don't. You suck up to Bennett you grade out better than most.

And can anyone tell me why no Belfry alum is our coach? There are a few out there, but nooooo we get a Matewan guy........who loves some WVa kids, hes got Matwan kids on the feshman team, and stacks the middle school with Williamson kids that are nothing but trouble............

We get it...you hate Jamie Case, Coach Casey, Bennett West and the whole Belfry program.

Did I miss something?

I agree that every child should treated the same. But, I also believe that you have to look at situations in the context in which they happened. I saw the T called on Jamie and I, and many others, believe that it was a horrible, undeserved call. I don't think he should have sit out the remainder of the game on that call. If he had cursed the other player, the ref, or Coach Casey, then sit his butt down! He is no better than others on the team. But, Coach Casey from what I understand is making him sit out of the next game, just like the others did.

A coaches job is one of the hardest that anyone can step into. You have to deal with kids attitudes, parents attitudes, administration, fans, critics, etc. I'm sure that you think you can do a better job than is being done...evidently.

One other thing...Coach Haywood isn't a Belfry alum and I do believe we have a couple of state championship trophies in the case.

:lame:
I think Coach Haywood is an alum of Prestonsburg.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:That part of your quote right there says it all, Case was allowed, no made to go back in after the T and Steel and Bowman were made to sit the remainder of the game............

Your post ar so ludacris and rediculous, this will be the last time I respond to any of your post because they are so **** stupid... An another thing Bennett West in no means pads stats, he isto tough in the way he keeps them, you obviously know nothing about Belfry, so quit tryin to be a bad ass, an get over Belfry being better than you...
Crazy thread...I love it :watch:
"alfus21" Wrote:Crazy thread...I love it :watch:

I knew you would...lol
Is this for sure? Maynard is as of right now no longer on the team? Am I hearing this right? I will say this for a coach to dismiss the best player on the team and the best athlete in the region he must have his reasons. I hope everything works out for the Pirates either one way or another, but will someone let me know if I am understanding this right?
Congrats to PCC
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:We get it...you hate Jamie Case, Coach Casey, Bennett West and the whole Belfry program.

Did I miss something?

I agree that every child should treated the same. But, I also believe that you have to look at situations in the context in which they happened. I saw the T called on Jamie and I, and many others, believe that it was a horrible, undeserved call. I don't think he should have sit out the remainder of the game on that call. If he had cursed the other player, the ref, or Coach Casey, then sit his butt down! He is no better than others on the team. But, Coach Casey from what I understand is making him sit out of the next game, just like the others did.

A coaches job is one of the hardest that anyone can step into. You have to deal with kids attitudes, parents attitudes, administration, fans, critics, etc. I'm sure that you think you can do a better job than is being done...evidently.

One other thing...Coach Haywood isn't a Belfry alum and I do believe we have a couple of state championship trophies in the case.

:lame:

Its in black and white a T is a T whether its deserved or not, when someone takes things "in context" you leave room to be questioned and critisized. Everyone else gets a T they sit, Jamie gets one he stays in the ball game. If I was Bowman and Steel I would walk out and see how far they get with Bowan and Warren. Oh and why is Bowan playing, cause his dad jump on the coach.

No control up there at all Football coaches and parents run that joint.
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:Its in black and white a T is a T whether its deserved or not, when someone takes things "in context" you leave room to be questioned and critisized. Everyone else gets a T they sit, Jamie gets one he stays in the ball game. If I was Bowman and Steel I would walk out and see how far they get with Bowan and Warren. Oh and why is Bowan playing, cause his dad jump on the coach.

:thumb:
Congrats..Central is rolling!
"Pirate-Killer" Wrote:Its in black and white a T is a T whether its deserved or not, when someone takes things "in context" you leave room to be questioned and critisized. Everyone else gets a T they sit, Jamie gets one he stays in the ball game. If I was Bowman and Steel I would walk out and see how far they get with Bowan and Warren. Oh and why is Bowan playing, cause his dad jump on the coach.

I will agree to disagree with you on "context".

One question...If Bowman and Steele walks out, then how are we suppose to see how far they get with Bowman and Warren?Confusedhh: Wink

I do agree with some parents trying to run it. I don't think that it is very honorable to say that I got to play basketball because my Daddy jumped on the coach. I would rather sit out than to have that be the story of my playing career.

Speaking of parents...that is the main root of the attitudes of kids these days. If the parents don't show respect to the coaches, then why expect the kids to do so.
So enlighten everyone as to what the football coaches have to do with this situation, the reasoning should give a few of them a good chuckle.:Skull03: :Skull03: :Skull03:
Parents do deffinitely get involved way too much. If the parents are't teaching discipline at home then who do you blame when the kids don't show the coach proper respect. I know what would happen if I had played and had ran my mouth on the coach. My dad woulda been waitin on me when I got home for an asswhipping. And if I saw my kid giving the coach attitude or showing bad sportsmanship or a lack of respect for anyone where it isn't deserved then he'd be gettin the same thing when he got home as I would've.
"throw deep" Wrote:So enlighten everyone as to what the football coaches have to do with this situation, the reasoning should give a few of them a good chuckle.:Skull03: :Skull03: :Skull03:

The only football coach that this would involve is Coach Haywood due to the fact that he is the Athletic Director. That is the only one that I can think of.
the coach cussed Maynard too I was behind the bench I could hear everything.
Maynard was took out of the ballgame because Coach casey said he didnt play D

After the T Case during a timeout was punchin the chairs and actin like he was gonna quit and walk to the locker room. and the coach put him right back in