•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2014
^quoted the wrong FBALL statement. Was refering to Russell having a frosh going for over 1000 yds
Is McGlone out? What's the latest on that
Thats what I was wondering. I heard this morning that there was a chance that he was indeed retiring, from a pretty reliable source. I will say this about it though, if t is truly happening the way I have been told it is, its a crying shame.
I know he wants to return but that may not be the case.

And yes if it goes down that way it is a crying shame.
School board Superintendant is an elected position is it not? Something this important needs to happen out in the open with transparency. If McGlone is forced out, it should be public who did it, how, and why.
FBALL Wrote:I know he wants to return but that may not be the case.

And yes if it goes down that way it is a crying shame.

I'm sure you are referring to the same rumors that I have heard and that being that he was told at the beginning of the season this would be his last year. I hear Smith is retiring also. If all this is true, how long will it be before we start hearing some serious names for HC.
I agree 100%. You have the face of the Russell football program, hell, he's the face of football in North Eastern Kentucky. One of the winning coaches in the state, someone who has deicated half of his life to the program, school, and community, and its possibke that he can be pushed out? And to top it off, the man tried to resign twice already! But the school wouldnt accept it. If things go down the way they seemingly are going to, there are goina be alot of upset people in the area. Not just Russell supporters etheir. I learned alot from Russell guys growing up, by simly watching them. And they all dis what they did because of the coah they played for. A great leader of young men and a devoted man. You gotta break a few eggs to make a cake, but if things go the way it seems they will, thy may behustig an entire carton.
Just seems like a good way to ensure a one term political career to me.
PaytoPlay Wrote:School board Superintendant is an elected position is it not? Something this important needs to happen out in the open with transparency. If McGlone is forced out, it should be public who did it, how, and why.

School board is elected. Superintendent is a hired position.
I know McGlone wants to return. Strong rumors are he was told he will not. Still just rumors. My feelings are coach McGlone should have the job until he feels it is time.

Either way I think they should make it known now.

If it is true I don't think they can officially post the job until the end of the school year. I may be wrong on that as this is all conjecture on my part.
Why can't they post until school year is over? Plenty of schools already posting HC openings.. If Ivan is out, they can post the HC position when they want
That's why I said purely conjecture on my part.

Maybe want instead of can would be more appropriate.
surprised nobody at Russell has details.. Seems to me like nobody knows what is going to happen
It's been pretty tight lipped.

But kids are lifting weights and getting ready for next season. Life goes on.
Give the legend two more years at least. With a senior McKee, Conley and the other three running backs in his class (Brinkman?) they will be primed to make a run.
Well don't forget about the line. Keeping Smith healthy is key as well. He and Redden should put all their focus on working out and keeping in shape. They very well could be and it's not a bash on them but I have heard names of most all other linemen living in the weight room. Arnold's a pitbull and Suman works hard. Should have a good line. McKee may be stuck at QB but is better suited for defense. Conley, Korzep should have nice holes to hit. Peterman,Cole,Hoback and Blackburn should get some touches as well.
Sammy and Mitch are to lazy to go workout. They have a workout at Fat Patty's.
I think Sammy not taking weights seriously may have contributed to his injury. Hopefully he has learned from last year.
reddevildad Wrote:Sammy and Mitch are to lazy to go workout. They have a workout at Fat Patty's.

That pitiful excuse for a wt program at Russell isn't the only place in the tri-st to work out. I know of several players that have gotten hurt working out there. They don't have anyone qualified to run it. If I were in school I wouldn't work out there unless it was on my own. Some kids use other facilities in the area. I can't speak for the two kids you've mentioned, just saying.
I thought they just got brand new facilities.
They did. The locker room and weight room are both very nice. I think his problem is more with who is running it.
Your both correct. The strongest kids are the ones who workout on their own. The kids that have been the weakest are the ones who just show up for the team lifting. One of the starting tackles, a Sr, couldn't bench 185 one time in the lineman competition at raceland before the season. Not sure the other one was much stronger. They were just as weak on the d- line also, and except Jenkins I don't think any of them weighs more than 220. You can't control the line of scrimage and time of possession like Russell wants to with lineman like that. Sad thing is they had bigger stronger kids standing on the sidelines but Smith in his infinite wisdom wouldn't play them. Wouldn't even use a platooning system. This is why I hope smith is gone, dosent know how or won't use the right personel
PaytoPlay Wrote:Give the legend two more years at least. With a senior McKee, Conley and the other three running backs in his class (Brinkman?) they will be primed to make a run.

The man deserves to go out on his own terms, and he deserves to be healthy and coach an experienced team before he decides to call it a career. I think two more years would provide that.
The team lifting is a good thing IMO. (Hear me out..lol) I just feel it's just too small an area for the whole team. If you could have 1 group before school. 2 more after at different times it would be better. Also change the workout. From what I've been told it's very rushed and the amount of time given to each muscle group is very minimal. I do believe the coaches mean well in their weight program. They just need to tweak it. I agree that most your stronger kids lift at the YMCA, Bellefonte and Fitness World. Shows me that they have dedication and know what it's gonna take to bring the Devils back to glory.
DevilWatcher Wrote:The team lifting is a good thing IMO. (Hear me out..lol) I just feel it's just too small an area for the whole team. If you could have 1 group before school. 2 more after at different times it would be better. Also change the workout. From what I've been told it's very rushed and the amount of time given to each muscle group is very minimal. I do believe the coaches mean well in their weight program. They just need to tweak it. I agree that most your stronger kids lift at the YMCA, Bellefonte and Fitness World. Shows me that they have dedication and know what it's gonna take to bring the Devils back to glory.

Absolutely lifting AS A TEAM is the best option. Go out and ask the best programs in the satate if they would rather have their players lifting as a team or as individuals at the Y and you will get laughed at. Until that mindset changes Russell will continue to get beat by the Bourbons, Belfrys and others with solid weight programs. A football lift is different than any other lifting program or at least it should be and it will be a lot different than what somebody at Fitness World or Gold's Gym or wherever will tell you to do
Have them look at the way Russells program is run and they will laugh at that. Then ask them if they would put their players through Russells program, I'm pretty sure I know what the answere would be
mightydog Wrote:Have them look at the way Russells program is run and they will laugh at that. Then ask them if they would put their players through Russells program, I'm pretty sure I know what the answere would be

Then there is a very basic question that needs to he answered within the program. If you don't have coaches that can run a weight program that is at a championship level then how do you expect to compete for championships? If you are okay with being average then continue doing what you're doing. If not, then improve and compete. It's that simple.
I feel there's a since of complacency at Russell. There just dosent seem to be the ability to develop players anymore. I don't think its a coincidence that the slide started when McGlones health started going. People can say what they want but I believe there's been some desention in the coaching ranks, I've seen it first hand. I dont thnk there's no clear leader and the kids know this.
Russell does not the best kids on the field anymore to much politics to many parents over at the field house and practice but I guess that is what it takes to play at rhs and shows on Friday nights
Russell needs to start over and rebuild there program
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next