Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
mysonis55 Wrote:I just wonder how many pages this thread will be by game time.

I am shooting for legendary.
I just watched Deon's 65 yard td pass from Guhy against Fairview last year. It is amazing how much he separated from those fast db's of Fairview.
To be honest.. if and I say if... big word here.... IF burg can pass as well against us as they have. We stand a chance to be in trouble.. mayfield has never been a pass defence team and usally has to make adjustments for playability... although mayfield will most likly give up the short gains and let burg run whit the ball to stop the big pass play.. well thats wat I would do.. I dont think burg will stop mayfields offence.. but I think mayfield will stop burgs.. they will score.. but I say we score more than their team...

Guess I coulda just said those last few words and saved all that rambling right. Who cares about insite.. my team wins by more points:hilarious:
It's gonna be Legen... Wait for it....
I think our pass defense takes a lot more heat than it should. If memory serves me correctly, I think Frankfort completed more passes to our def than their off.
cherokee Wrote:64sur and myson55 where is the reunion going to be, you guys keep it clean they will be a lot of children there:argue::ChairHit::igiveup:

hell then you want get to go then cherokee,it's on ihigh :biglmao:
We just have 4 more days. Tic Toc, Tic Toc 64.
gobigredMHS Wrote:The burg was the toughest D-line they faced all season, no way they faced a line like McCracken, Tilgman, Graves, Murray, Caldwell or Ft. Campbell even.

these teams are overrated or y'all wouldn't have beaten them this year without the Jacksons i guess,leave caldwell county out i forgot Confusednicker:
Wburg will kill you with the short passes and let there athletes do the rest. Thats why its important if Griffith plays.
If you cover the receivers deep all night, Sizemore will take off with his feet and you'll give up a lot of yardage to him on the ground.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think even the Hazard faithful will tell you that you cannot compare their running game from this year to what you will see from Mayfield.

Hazards running game is fast but not as fast as what Mayfield will have...But I would give the edge on power even though Mayfield can and will run up the gut with there experienced and big and fast line.. Hazard has seen pretty good lines but maybe not as athletic as some Mayfield has faced. Hazard in the Williamsburg game got in a panic to early and went away from the run so Jones could of had more than 100 yards if hazard didn't start passing the ball... But when hazard made a big play they then would make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over... I think hazard has like5 or 6 turnovers and could of had way more.. Hazard basically hrowed the ball from like 7 minutes in the 3rd til the end of the game... But I will give credit and say Williamsburg is fast and they use angles at making tackles and from watching it also showed they do a great job at scouting tape and regonzing plays...
This is going to be the most antisapated lopsided game ever.. love it cant wait.. I might go a head and drive up at 3am fri just bc
ontopofthewest Wrote:This is going to be the most antisapated lopsided game ever.. love it cant wait.. I might go a head and drive up at 3am fri just bc

Obviously I think Mayfield is the favorite, but what happens when Wburg wins? What does that do to the Mayfield faithful?

Wburg returns quite a bit for next year to.
We graduate 18.. but have a couple of the strongest classes comin up.. if we have a down year in yhe next five or six years next year will be it.. qb will be gone but we have a very bad ass kid comin up as a fresh next year that can run very fast and is pretty accurate and awear he went to yhe east vs wedt alstar game sunday..... that will be the biggest thing. Give the ball to back up soph qb that is ok or give it to a freshman that has the mechanics to be badass.. running game should evolve.. line comin up is top notch and big.. next year will be the cross over year..
As for the faithfull.. we always believe.. we always expect it.. we will always support our kids even with an avg. Team like we have this year look wat weve done.. this years team is nothing but a bunch of goods kids with heart.. not a allstar team by any means.......our faithfull is our twelfth man...we will always be here!
Oh.... ya.... its going to be cold out we wont have to worry about the burg winning... everybody knoes yella jackets go dormit in cold weather.. even if one makes it out onto the field, we are all bringin bug spray.. we will take care of em..
dormit?
64 give him some spelling lessons.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Oh.... ya.... its going to be cold out we wont have to worry about the burg winning... everybody knoes yella jackets go dormit in cold weather.. even if one makes it out onto the field, we are all bringin bug spray.. we will take care of em..

I watched the Jackets in the cold the last two games and I can assure you they go dormant.they give all they've got from start to finish.
I do worry about the weather. I hear that the field may be as frozen as the Obamacare website.
mysonis55 Wrote:That's real insight. The team that scores the most will win. So I guess we should just get on here and all say my team will win because they are gonna score more points than yours.:biglmao:

You had some pretty good 1A threads earlier in the year. You had a bit of a breakdown on the top games. I enjoyed reading them. Although I have now seen you are giving a little more insight to why your team can win, since I called you out, you was previously just throwing out this rating and that rating as your reasons. I was simply telling you those ratings don't mean squat. This is the championship game and both teams are here for a reason. They are the best 2 teams in 1A.
ontopofthewest Wrote:To be honest.. if and I say if... big word here.... IF burg can pass as well against us as they have. We stand a chance to be in trouble.. mayfield has never been a pass defence team and usally has to make adjustments for playability... although mayfield will most likly give up the short gains and let burg run whit the ball to stop the big pass play.. well thats wat I would do.. I dont think burg will stop mayfields offence.. but I think mayfield will stop burgs.. they will score.. but I say we score more than their team...

Guess I coulda just said those last few words and saved all that rambling right. Who cares about insite.. my team wins by more points:hilarious:

Haha, at least you provided some insight now on why you think your team will win. I was simply telling your buddy the ratings don't mean squat.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wburg will kill you with the short passes and let there athletes do the rest. Thats why its important if Griffith plays.
If you cover the receivers deep all night, Sizemore will take off with his feet and you'll give up a lot of yardage to him on the ground.

Griffith is out.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazards running game is fast but not as fast as what Mayfield will have...But I would give the edge on power even though Mayfield can and will run up the gut with there experienced and big and fast line.. Hazard has seen pretty good lines but maybe not as athletic as some Mayfield has faced. Hazard in the Williamsburg game got in a panic to early and went away from the run so Jones could of had more than 100 yards if hazard didn't start passing the ball... But when hazard made a big play they then would make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over... I think hazard has like5 or 6 turnovers and could of had way more.. Hazard basically hrowed the ball from like 7 minutes in the 3rd til the end of the game... But I will give credit and say Williamsburg is fast and they use angles at making tackles and from watching it also showed they do a great job at scouting tape and regonzing plays...

They did the very same thing in the Fairview game. They were killing them with the run and all of a sudden quit running in 2nd half.
mysonis55 Wrote:I just watched Deon's 65 yard td pass from Guhy against Fairview last year. It is amazing how much he separated from those fast db's of Fairview.

was that the only game Deon's amaze you 55,maybe he will try and amaze you a year later that was lastyear dude,williamsburg DEFENSE is coming to bowling green :HitWall:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Griffith is out.

I'm sorry to hear that, for 2 reasons.
1) I hate to see this kid miss a state championship game.
2) We want to beat them at full strength, so no excuses.
There hasn't been a defense yet this year that has stopped him 64. Check out the stats on defenses we have played and you will see we played good defenses in all but 4 games this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:There hasn't been a defense yet this year that has stopped him 64. Check out the stats on defenses we have played and you will see we played good defenses in all but 4 games this year.

we are hoping you guys play bad defense in 5 games Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Obviously I think Mayfield is the favorite, but what happens when Wburg wins? What does that do to the Mayfield faithful?

Nothing happens. We just reload and try again next year. We have been to the state finals 18 times. We have won 9, so we know what it is to lose in the big game. Tears was shed by some and then it was on to next year.

Good luck to both teams and hope both leave the game injury free.
The paper said this was our 13 trip. I think the reporters should do a little beat of research before they print stuff. They also said this would be the first senior class to play in state all 4 years, that was last years seniors. This years seniors could be the first class to win 3 of the 4.
State champs: 77, 78, 85, 86, 93, 95, 02, 10 & 12
Runners up: 76, 87, 89, 91, 92, 98, 05, 09 & 11

I miss our banner on the old scoreboard. I used to be able to tell you the years that we didn't make it to at least the semis. I know there was 97, 07 & 08.
wburg just has more riding on this game. their hungry and ull see friday morning.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next