Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
dt812005 Wrote:So what happens if wb has seen every film and gets dominated?

So what happens if mayfield has seen every films and get dominated will you tuck your tail and run I think so an maybe nexts year you will have a new name like Highjack8120014 Confusednicker:
We are going to play on carpet for the first time this year,We made it mysonis55, KEEP COAL ALIVE :welcome: coal fans
Mayfield is a beast. Every year, they play the best competition and win most of those. They are always ready for the playoffs. I saw their loss to Hazard a couple of years ago. Hazard had a very good team and deserved to win. Their QB was amazing. That was a different Mayfield team. Most years, Mayfield could probably win the 2A and 3A titles. I don't think they could this year. There are some very good teams representing those classes this year. It would be a very big upset, if Williamsburg won this game, but they have a very good QB and players around him. That's why Hazard won in 2010. I have ties to Williamsburg and hope they pull out the win, but beating Mayfield in the finals is almost as hard as a 4A team beating Highlands in the final. It can be done, but it sure will be hard. Also, who really cares if Mayfield could beat Wayne County. It has zero to do with this game. Our team beat a top 100 nationally ranked team and a 2 loss John Hardin team played us toe to toe and we barely won. Those kind of comparisons just don't work and usually lead to unnecessary arguments. The teams that show up on the field are the ones who have to play the game.
Mayfield if you were successful and do upset Williamsburg I will be first to congratulate you. You will deserve it.
topnotch Wrote:Mayfield if you were successful and do upset Williamsburg I will be first to congratulate you. You will deserve it.

Wowzer
WillBurg93 Wrote:It doesn't matter how tough of a schedule Williamsburg has played. Middlesboro didn't have a real tough in 1998 when they beat a undefeated Mayfield team. It's who wants it more. Williamsburg wants to be the first team in school history to win it and this years Mayfield team doesn't want to be team who couldn't.

That was when there were 4 classes and they beat a heck of a Beechwood team that was the Defending Class A Champs and I think won 6 out of the last seven or something like that.
I can't wait for this eye opening experience. I'm just glad that Frankfort or Russellville are not on the east side. That way we actually get this game.
Any of you dumbasses who say one team wanted it more than another is just that! A DUMBASS!!! Only people who say that are the ones who never played the game. If you say that and did play the game then you are a fing idiot. I will get down off my soapbox now. Please continue your trash talk:biglmao:
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Any of you dumbasses who say one team wanted it more than another is just that! A DUMBASS!!! Only people who say that are the ones who never played the game. If you say that and did play the game then you are a fing idiot. I will get down off my soapbox now. Please continue your trash talk:biglmao:

:lame: arrogance
I didn't know Mayfield had this many fans on here. I wonder if that trend will continue after friday.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Any of you dumbasses who say one team wanted it more than another is just that! A DUMBASS!!! Only people who say that are the ones who never played the game. If you say that and did play the game then you are a fing idiot. I will get down off my soapbox now. Please continue your trash talk:biglmao:

Wow can't wait to meet some of the other fine folks out there...:dontthink
pjdoug Wrote::lame: arrogance

How is it arrogance? Do you really think that if a team makes it to the state championship that they don't want it bad? My sophomore year we made it to the 3A championship game in Alabama and there is no way a kid on the other team wanted it more than we did. Im sure it was equal for both teams.
OldJacket Wrote:Wow can't wait to meet some of the other fine folks out there...:dontthink

Sorry for coming off as bad. I just got a sore spot when it comes to that saying about one team wanting it more than another. We lost a championship game my sophomore year and there is no way the other team wanted it more. They were just the better team.
The carpet at Bowling Green does our boys so good, it probably adds a whole second to our 40, :1: GOBIGRED!!!
People who say that one team wanted it worse than the other probably never played I can guarantee if we get upset by Mayfield it want be because our coaches and players didn't want it as much as Mayfield.
dt812005 Wrote:Personally I don't think mayfield gets a lot of credit. 5 straight state appearances. Just think. We've lost a ton of seniors it seems like ever year for the past 5 years. It just seems like that coaching staff has the underclassmen ready to play. The Bright kid looks really promising and he's just a freshman. That's where we lack the credit we deserve. Our coaching staff.Go mayfield

It doesn't hurt to have the largest school in class A football. I think you have more students than a bunch of class AA schools.
topnotch Wrote:It doesn't hurt to have the largest school in class A football. I think you have more students than a bunch of class AA schools.

We have around 400, how does that matchup with AA schools? I know we are on the larger end of A size, but I have never paid much attention to AA enrollments.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didn't know Mayfield had this many fans on here. I wonder if that trend will continue after friday.

A lot of these guys have been here for years including me, I just don't post a lot on here but couldn't resist this thread after seeing the fun to be had, lol. I haven't seen ontopofthewest in this thread as much as usual but I am sure he is gearing up. I was here before we played Hazard and lost and I am still here afterwards.
gobigredMHS Wrote:We have around 400, how does that matchup with AA schools? I know we are on the larger end of A size, but I have never paid much attention to AA enrollments.

Williamsburg has about a 107 boys grades 9-12, Mayfield has about 215...I could be wrong but I think Williamsburg is the 3rd smallest school in the state playing football...
OldJacket Wrote:Williamsburg has about a 107 boys grades 9-12, Mayfield has about 215...I could be wrong but I think Williamsburg is the 3rd smallest school in the state playing football...

Wow, if that's the case then the accomplishments of Williamsburg are very impressive, that would mean that almost half the boys there play football, very impressive.
I think the last time we realigned, we were 2nd or 3rd from the top in 1a. There has to be 32 1a teams. I think we petitioned to play up in 2a because of the travel issues, I think we were shot down because they want to keep 32 in 1a. It would have made more sense for us in 2a. We would have had all of our district games within 1 hour of here. As it stands now we have one that is over 2 hours away. We also would have had the other region closer.
I am already starting to hear the excuses coming and we haven't even played.

1) We have 3 players hurt.
2) It is gonna be raining Friday and we are a passing team.
3) Mayfield is a bigger school.
4) We had to wear our dark jerseys and stand on the wet sidelines.
5) We have the 64 curse.
OldJacket Wrote:Williamsburg has about a 107 boys grades 9-12, Mayfield has about 215...I could be wrong but I think Williamsburg is the 3rd smallest school in the state playing football...

Williamsburg is benefitting from Corbin kids that came over
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Williamsburg is benefitting from Corbin kids that came over

It'd have to be the case with that high a participation rate, its all good, it happens at all schools, even Mayfield. I welcome the challenge and can't wait for Friday.
mysonis55 Wrote:I am already starting to hear the excuses coming and we haven't even played.

1) We have 3 players hurt.
2) It is gonna be raining Friday and we are a passing team.
3) Mayfield is a bigger school.
4) We had to wear our dark jerseys and stand on the wet sidelines.
5) We have the 64 curse.

1) Fact
2) Fact, rain or snow will not be good for Wburg
3) Fact
4) :lame: I will give you that one :igiveup:
5) 64 is good luck, I am just worried about him finding BG

55 we are coming to BG to play Mayfield like us or not...Win or lose I will shake your hand and drive back home feeling proud...No excuses...
Old Jacket, I like your bunch. I just enjoy messing with you all. Esp your boy 64. He has sent me his number. I plan on giving him a call when I get to the field. It's all in fun. You didn't really expect me to cut yall slack on the very week that we play, now did you?
I am not buying the hurt players argument and won't until I see it with my own eyes. A few years ago we played Lexington Christian and they said their big star running back was hurt with turf toe and wouldn't play and he showed up and looked like he had no problems at all.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Williamsburg is benefitting from Corbin kids that came over

We would have been a good team without them, but no question they made us better...Transfers happen, we have been on the other end of that a few times...I guess it evens out over time...
mysonis55 Wrote:Old Jacket, I like your bunch. I just enjoy messing with you all. Esp your boy 64. He has sent me his number. I plan on giving him a call when I get to the field. It's all in fun. You didn't really expect me to cut yall slack on the very week that we play, now did you?

It's all good 55, I will still shake your hand win or lose...:Thumbs:
topnotch Wrote:It doesn't hurt to have the largest school in class A football. I think you have more students than a bunch of class AA schools.

When I graduated in 05 our graduating class was barely 70-75 students I hardly call that a lot of kids. Just saying.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next