•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Greenville,TN 9/27
Coal Bear Wrote:I heard they're gonna sideline a couple players for HC and let Granny Bear run the ball in this GeenEville game, to get the bears spirits up and show the green devils what real speed is.

Hope you devils are ready for some fofofo...football!

I like how you put the emphasis on the E in Greeneville, and yet left out the R Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I like how you put the emphasis on the E in Greeneville, and yet left out the R Confusednicker:

GreenEVILle...GO GREENE!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive also seen several of your fans refer to Harlan County as Harlan.

Harlan IND. (1A) is there own school. Harlan County (5A) is there own school.
Harlan is a town inside Harlan County.

Funny that you make that remark, seeing as to how Harlan COUNTY fans will literally jump threw your computer screen and beat you with your own keyboard if you leave off the "county".

See above!
Confusednicker:

You only scanned the posts, didn't you! I'll give you a hint; read MINE.
Black Bear Mama Wrote:Hey Granny Bear, we made it on time didnt we??? LOL

I prayed more last Friday evening than I have in a long time!!
Confusednicker:

AND add the comments of my "passenger"!! He opened his eyes one time when we were going down the back side of Pine Mountain and said, hey..you know you're going 75 mph?? I told him just to close his eyes again; he'd be fine!
Coal Bear Wrote:I heard they're gonna sideline a couple players for HC and let Granny Bear run the ball in this GeenEville game, to get the bears spirits up and show the green devils what real speed is.

Hope you devils are ready for some fofofo...football!

Hey, even I could run the ball behind OUR O-line!!
Any day and twice on Sundays!!
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey, even I could run the ball behind OUR O-line!!
Any day and twice on Sundays!!
Confusednicker:

I'd say that depends on the size of the guys lined up across from 'em. Obviously your used to seeing the Bears blowing little boys off the line. Might not run so effectively with the beasts GreenEVILle stacks in there. I would love to say this one will be won at the line but I honestly believe this one is won in the flats. Better hope your Bears can seal the ends otherwise they might have to rely on speed to stop the Devils and I haven't seen to many posts touting the legendary speed of the HC defense.
The only time I'm used to seeing the Black Bears blow little boys off the line is when our Freshman play.

I don't know enough about Greeneville to predict WHERE the game will be won or lost, but one thing I know for a fact barb. Win lose or draw, on Saturday morning the green devils will know they played a football game the night before.
barb Wrote:I'd say that depends on the size of the guys lined up across from 'em. Obviously your used to seeing the Bears blowing little boys off the line. Might not run so effectively with the beasts GreenEVILle stacks in there. I would love to say this one will be won at the line but I honestly believe this one is won in the flats. Better hope your Bears can seal the ends otherwise they might have to rely on speed to stop the Devils and I haven't seen to many posts touting the legendary speed of the HC defense.
If you think that HC has just blown little boys off the line, then you are very misinformed about football in the mountains of Kentucky. Facing big strong guys over here is a weekly thing, size doesn't/won't intimidate this beefed up line. I've seen Greeneville's roster, nothing we havent seen week in and week out...This will be a good game, HC hasn't lost back to back games in it's short history, it was funny reading the post on CoachT website about this game, having no respect for this team could be a costly mistake..
Demarcus ware Wrote:If you think that HC has just blown little boys off the line, then you are very misinformed about football in the mountains of Kentucky. Facing big strong guys over here is a weekly thing, size doesn't/won't intimidate this beefed up line. I've seen Greeneville's roster, nothing we havent seen week in and week out...This will be a good game, HC hasn't lost back to back games in it's short history, it was funny reading the post on CoachT website about this game, having no respect for this team could be a costly mistake..

Ummm, I'm pretty sure what the fans think or say will have no effect on the outcome of this game. I never said your boys would be intimidated. I said I believe GreenEVILle would beat them in the flats. I still haven't seen anyone comment on the Bears speed on either side of the ball... is there a reason for this omission? There are not too many gonna stop Culbreath once he gets in the open field and unless the HC D is quick to seal the edges, that is exactly what will happen. Prediction: Greeneville spreads 'em thin and makes 'em pay... 42-21 GO GREENE, FIRE SNOT BABY!
barb Wrote:Ummm, I'm pretty sure what the fans think or say will have no effect on the outcome of this game. I never said your boys would be intimidated. I said I believe GreenEVILle would beat them in the flats. I still haven't seen anyone comment on the Bears speed on either side of the ball... is there a reason for this omission? There are not too many gonna stop Culbreath once he gets in the open field and unless the HC D is quick to seal the edges, that is exactly what will happen. Prediction: Greeneville spreads 'em thin and makes 'em pay... 42-21 GO GREENE, FIRE SNOT BABY!
You're right you didnt say intimidate, you just said we are used to blowing little boys off the line. Like i said, i've seen your roster, we see that size and bigger every week. This is all fun for the fans, but the game still has to be played, i have no doubt Greeneville has speed. I'm sure your guys will blow right past our country boys Confusednicker: This will be a good tough game for both teams and will only help both improve later in the playoffs. Go Bears
So is TL off the team? How many did Larkey dismiss after the halftime and post game "activities"?

Tom will get them headed in the right direction but not sure if he can this quickly?

Good luck to the Bears
Has Harlan County lossed players or not??
Hate to hear Long is off the team butif half of what people are saying is true, he should be kicked off.

Wish HC the best of luck in Tennesse this week.
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.harlandaily.com/news/home_top...ssee-power

Man, I'd like to see the gameplan for beating an athletic spread offense with GreenEVILle's speed that has an excellent option QB and "fabulous receivers" with back-up CBs...is it too late to change my prediction?:biggrin:
barb Wrote:Man, I'd like to see the gameplan for beating an athletic spread offense with GreenEVILle's speed that has an excellent option QB and "fabulous receivers" with back-up CBs...is it too late to change my prediction?:biggrin:

There is not one, from the talks of the Greeneville fans on here they do everything to perfection and have speed and power everywhere along with size.
:igiveup:
Gummie Bear Wrote:There is not one, from the talks of the Greeneville fans on here they do everything to perfection and have speed and power everywhere along with size.
:igiveup:

The knowledge that the Bears are thin in key defensive positions will definitely influence Ballard's offensive scheme for GreenEVILle. I applaud Coach Larkey for making the tough decision, but man, its hard to lose both starting corners at this point in the season. Those back-ups are gonna need to get real good, real quick.
Sounds like you guys should be playing Alabama or better yet the New England Patriots...We should just stay home...Greeneville 100 HC 0.. :HitWall:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Sounds like you guys should be playing Alabama or better yet the New England Patriots...We should just stay home...Greeneville 100 HC 0.. :HitWall:

I'm not the one who called the receivers "fabulous" it was Coach Larkey. I'm pretty sure none of the GreenEVILle faithful would use a flowery word like that, not even one of us girls:biggrin:
Those two had decent speed but were barely 5 feet tall maybe we will have a little more height back there.

Again Harlan County's best past defense is pressuring the QB.
HC gets beat like a drum, worse than they did last week. I say 42-14 Greenville.
Patriot Wrote:Those two had decent speed but were barely 5 feet tall maybe we will have a little more height back there.

Again Harlan County's best past defense is pressuring the QB.

Not if GreenEVILle's Big Ol Boys have anything to do with it...what do you consider "decent speed"?
I don't want to be "that guy" but from an unbiased standpoint I am not sure the Bears lose much with Long being gone.

Wasn't overly impressed by him in the lead up to the Belfry game, or following. Long had nice quickness and the ability to elude defenders, but he was hesitant to hit the hole and would take a 5 or 6 yard loss trying to bounce a play when he should have settled for no gain. Secondarily he was an injury waiting to happen it seemed. Every time he was tackled in bounds he was getting absolutely crushed.

IMHO, the Wilson kid is the best true runner HC has. Whitehead is a very good player and I love the way he runs, but he is not a feature back. Whitehead is the guy made for 3rd and 3... but for HC to really push defenses they need that guy who can take it to the house on 1st and 10
I agree with everything you just said, totally....That's why i think we have to get Wilson the ball more, IMO he's one of the most athletic players to come from Larkey's HC teams, he's got good speed, and size..As for Whitehead, he is a beast, but not that guy to take it to the house the length of the field..He's had some outstanding breakaway runs, just not enough...Massey is another guy with power, speed if he gets enough touches....After the little drama, and everyone having there heads right, look for Coach Larkey to have them firing this week on all cylinders..
barb Wrote:I'm not the one who called the receivers "fabulous" it was Coach Larkey. I'm pretty sure none of the GreenEVILle faithful would use a flowery word like that, not even one of us girls:biggrin:

You are correct, it was Coach Larkey. He is a very gracious speaker. I can understand why that notion eludes you.
[EBAY][/EBAY]
Granny Bear Wrote:You are correct, it was Coach Larkey. He is a very gracious speaker. I can understand why that notion eludes you.
I have not said one negative thing about your coach or players. This is a personnel issue for the Bears, and one which will affect their performance.
I'm still trying to figure out why you wish to make this personal...We are just talking football here and YOU were the one who chose to post the link to the article. Yet you came into my back yard and attacked me. I will choose to stay on topic and the topic is football. Don't dish if you are gonna get your knickers in a twist.
Granny you managed to find the gossip queen Confusednicker:

Ummm, I'm pretty sure what the fans think or say will have no effect on the outcome of this game. I never said your boys would be intimidated. I said I believe GreenEVILle would beat them in the flats. I still haven't seen anyone comment on the Bears speed on either side of the ball... is there a reason for this omission? There are not too many gonna stop Culbreath once he gets in the open field and unless the HC D is quick to seal the edges, that is exactly what will happen. Prediction: Greeneville spreads 'em thin and makes 'em pay... 42-21 GO GREENE, FIRE SNOT BABY!

Not if GreenEVILle's Big Ol Boys have anything to do with it...what do you consider "decent speed"?

YOU stomp in here questioning speed, ability, talent, etc. I believe coacht.com called it a great "scouting report". Please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm sure you will.

I'm not the one who called the receivers "fabulous" it was Coach Larkey. I'm pretty sure none of the GreenEVILle faithful would use a flowery word like that, not even one of us girls

Then of course the snide little comment about Larkey and his interview.

Here is a direct copy and paste of what you call me when you said that I "came in my back yard and attacked me". I see no threats made at all BARB. And no attacks.

GrannyBear, on 26 Sept 2013 - 2:09 PM, said:

BlackcatFan is from Prestonsburg (2 1/2 hrs away). He's supporting the Bears, bless his heart, because that's just how we do things in the mountains. Mountain teams support each other, as long as they aren't playing ANOTHER mountain team, all the time. :wink:

barb, I posted that link because I thought you asked a serious question. Had I known that you were going to take jabs at an unfortunate situation and make the posts here and on BGR that you made, I never would've posted it.

This will be my last visit to coacht.com.

So, if you choose to stay on topic, why did you erroneously accuse me of doing something that I did not do?? YOU are the one making the personal attacks. I can dish it and I can take it; most here will validate that statement. My knickers are straight, sweetheart. Don't you worry about them.

Now answer with all the lies you can muster BARB; I won't see them as you are the first in 3 years to make my ignore list!!!

SUCK FIRE SNOT!!!

And P.S. You are in MY back yard now!!!!!!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Granny you managed to find the gossip queen Confusednicker:

I'm seriously pissed.
barb Wrote:I'm not the one who called the receivers "fabulous" it was Coach Larkey. I'm pretty sure none of the GreenEVILle faithful would use a flowery word like that, not even one of us girls:biggrin:

When did fabulous become a "flowery" word?
Seems like a pretty basic word to me and a compliment for some outstanding players and a great program.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next