Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin job open?
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Anybody got an update on who is getting the job?:popcorn:

The last I heard they was going to start interviewing 7/15.
What's odd is that I heard that the Social Studies position is being interviewed for this week. This is one of the few open positions for certified this summer...So I guess that they will either be hiring from within or will basically already know who they will hire this week. The natives are getting restless from what is being said around town. Hard to explain to people how you finally build a respectable program and then treat the hiring process like this.
Olred Wrote:What's odd is that I heard that the Social Studies position is being interviewed for this week. This is one of the few open positions for certified this summer...So I guess that they will either be hiring from within or will basically already know who they will hire this week. The natives are getting restless from what is being said around town. Hard to explain to people how you finally build a respectable program and then treat the hiring process like this.

The last time they hired a girls coach, they did basically the same thing. They ended up hiring Coach Parsons, which worked out well, but the Whitley staff convinced arguably the best incoming freshman at Corbin that Corbin was not serious about girls basketball, and she transferred to Whitley.
Whitley and Corbin need to combine teams to beat Bell....
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Whitley and Corbin need to combine teams to beat Bell....

:biglmao:

Yea, Bells a big state power
insideinfo Wrote:The last I heard they was going to start interviewing 7/15.

Thanks! I will be watching the results.:Thumbs:
I hear the job is Jason McDaniels if he wants it.
I've also heard McDaniels is the prohibitive favorite.
Bell will be preseason top 20. Whitley and Corbin wont.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Whitley and Corbin need to combine teams to beat Bell....

Actually, I think that it's Bell and Corbin that are considering combining, and it still won't be easy to beat Whitley...:biggrin:
All 3 teams will have the opportunity to be very good this season and don't count out Harlan Co., think they will be better than people think. A lot of things factor into the season such as if they all stay healthy, coaching, etc. Those type things can make a team jump from maybe 1-2 in the region to maybe 5-6 in the region.

Like to see 1 or all 3 of those teams in the top 20 but probably unlikely as most of time teams in Lexington and Louisville area get more of the credit & recognition. But I feel like a couple teams in our area can compete state wide this year.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Actually, I think that it's Bell and Corbin that are considering combining, and it still won't be easy to beat Whitley...:biggrin:

I dont know, ever since Bell made the jump to the WNBA, theyve been hard to stop Confusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:I've also heard McDaniels is the prohibitive favorite.
I think he would do a good job....but, I just don't think he will have the temperament to coach girls. But, you never know...he may surprise me if he gets the job.:thanks:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont know, ever since Bell made the jump to the WNBA, theyve been hard to stop Confusednicker:

The problem with Whitley folks is they are jealous of Morris being the best player in region and one of the best in the state. Whitleys players are NAIA at best.
^
Confusednicker:

You seem to be the only one getting worked up...
Any updates?
insideinfo Wrote:Any updates?

I don't believe that Corbin has any teaching jobs open, so that would limit the candidates to about 2-3 people who they would actually hire. I'm guessing that it would have to be either McDaniel or Ledington, not sure if either would take it though. I suppose it could be someone younger in the system, such as Hendrickson, who has only coached middle school boys or possibly Rogers or Bonza.
^
I was leaning towards Bonza at the beginning, not so sure now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I was leaning towards Bonza at the beginning, not so sure now.

I don't think the timing is right for her, but what do I know.
I heard the coach will be named tomorrow.