Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin job open?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been told that Coach Parsons will be the new Principal at Corbin Middle School, so unless they change the current rule that someone in administration cannot also coach, Corbin will be looking for a new coach, that is if she did in fact get the job.
The rummor is they are going to go after Lewis Morris hard, Creating the job of academic advisor for athletes for him .
insideinfo Wrote:The rummor is they are going to go after Lewis Morris hard, Creating the job of academic advisor for athletes for him .

I don't see that happening, school budgets are tight right now. It wouldn't surprise me to see them hiring someone already teaching in the school system. Ledington, who is an asst., would be a likely choice, maybe Bo Roaden.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Corbin go after Lewis, however, SEKY is right on the budget.
I dont see them creating a job for that, the budget is extremely tight after the remodeling of the high school.
IMHO, Bo Roaden will be the new coach.

Corbin loses a great coach in Parsons, and it will show next year. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.
I had been hearing this for a long time but I really did not think it would really come to pass. I hate it for our team but know that our middle school has hired a great principal. I just hope some of the rumors of possible transfers do NOT happen. I am hearing hiring from within is most likely.
Olred Wrote:I had been hearing this for a long time but I really did not think it would really come to pass. I hate it for our team but know that our middle school has hired a great principal. I just hope some of the rumors of possible transfers do NOT happen. I am hearing hiring from within is most likely.

Are there any other viable options within the system other than Ledington and Roaden?

I was kind of surprised Parsons got the job, although she is probably the right choice. Another candidate was really well connected and most likely would have been a good choice as well, but it's good to see that politics played no role in this hiring.
The way they told me was 4 of there starting 5 was out of district kids and 10 of the 15 that dressed was out of district kids and there average ACT score was something like 25.6 for the girls that dressed. The Supt, want to keep recruiting these type kids and there siblings as Corbin goes into phase 2 of there building plan the new Middle School.
She will b good for job
Parsons is a big loss for the basketball program but a big boost to the school as principle. I've heard good things about Ledington but think Bo Rhoaden would push the girls team back to where they were at before Parsons got the job.
Corbin needs to really evaluate where they want to go from here.
They need to try to maintain the level Coach Parsons has brought them to.
Roaden or Ledington are the ones they need to hire..either one would do a good job!:Clap:
E's Army Wrote:They need to try to maintain the level Coach Parsons has brought them to.

No they dont. They need to completely fall off the map!
I've heard Jason McDaniels is one of the frontrunners for the job.
E's Army Wrote:I've heard Jason McDaniels is one of the frontrunners for the job.

That's interesting, I forgot about Jason. I guess that he figured that Coach P. is not going anywhere, so if he is going to be a head coach at Corbin, the girls job would be the quickest way to get there.
That would be an interesting choice........ Do you think he would have the personality to handle young girls? I think another woman will get the job.... I predict Ledington if she wants it.
Id be surprised if JMac took the job.
I never seen him be interested in it before.
Tony P and J Mac are the same age. If J Mac wants to be a head coach at Corbin that is probably his only opportunity. Leddington would be a great hire if Corbin wants some continuity from the momentum Parsons has built.
Has anyone heard if M. Ashurst applied?
B. Roland would be good
I'm still hearing Morris name.
insideinfo Wrote:I'm still hearing Morris name.

What subjects can Morris teach? That will be a factor if he does apply.
[quote=SEKYFAN]What subjects can Morris teach? That will be a factor if he does apply.[/QUOTE

These things always work themselves out.
I heard Josh Hamlin's name mentioned today. He would be a good hire. He was an assistant at Montgomery County this year and was a grad assistant at EKU the prior year. Very knowledgeable and has a great temperment. He has no experience coaching girls but I believe his personality would be well suited to coach girls. He is a high character guy who could feel one of the English openings at Corbin.
^
The same kid who transferred from wburg to Corbin to play ball in high school?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
The same kid who transferred from wburg to Corbin to play ball in high school?

That is the same Josh Hamlin. He actually transferred while he was in middle school, his sister just graduated from Corbin this year and his younger brother is probably going to be in the 6th grade at Corbin next year.
E's Army Wrote:I heard Josh Hamlin's name mentioned today. He would be a good hire. He was an assistant at Montgomery County this year and was a grad assistant at EKU the prior year. Very knowledgeable and has a great temperment. He has no experience coaching girls but I believe his personality would be well suited to coach girls. He is a high character guy who could feel one of the English openings at Corbin.

Josh will make someone a good coach.
Anybody got an update on who is getting the job?:popcorn:
SEKYFAN Wrote:That is the same Josh Hamlin. He actually transferred while he was in middle school, his sister just graduated from Corbin this year and his younger brother is probably going to be in the 6th grade at Corbin next year.

Thanks for the update.
I wasnt knocking it, just wanted to see if it was the same kid.
If im not mistaken he went to Corbin first before going to Wburg didnt he?
That or his family was big time Corbin but played in Wburg because they lived up there or something.
Pages: 1 2