Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Mr Football in 2013?
While I would love to see drew barker against highlands especially at highlands since that is my favorite road trip I have ever made around the state. It's not his fault. But the personal bashing of these kids is kinda stupid. I mean they are both the 2 best players in the state this year hands down!!!! If you think Elam should win over barker or anyone else by all means discuss it. But saying these kids are overrated or not humble while hiding behind screen names is immature and cowardice. If your gonna make statements like that atleast put your name on it.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:While I would love to see drew barker against highlands especially at highlands since that is my favorite road trip I have ever made around the state. It's not his fault. But the personal bashing of these kids is kinda stupid. I mean they are both the 2 best players in the state this year hands down!!!! If you think Elam should win over barker or anyone else by all means discuss it. But saying these kids are overrated or not humble while hiding behind screen names is immature and cowardice. If your gonna make statements like that atleast put your name on it.

All I get it your only a loud to talk a player up on here gotcha! :Thumbs::Sad04:
UK1fan Wrote:All I get it your only a loud to talk a player up on here gotcha! :Thumbs::Sad04:

No you can say things like I think Elam is a better player and explain why. But saying a kid isn't humble and you can't wait to watch him get picked apart and your gonna set next to his dad and laugh is childish and high school behavior. And yes just to let you know bashing kids is against the site rules.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No you can say things like I think Elam is a better player and explain why. But saying a kid isn't humble and you can't wait to watch him get picked apart and your gonna set next to his dad and laugh is childish and high school behavior. And yes just to let you know bashing kids is against the site rules.

I never said Elam is better. I don't care who wins Mr. Football I care more about what a team does.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Matt Elam from John Hardin is the #1 rated recruit in KY from every service across the country. There isn't a school in the country that doesn't want him, with offers already from the likes of Alabama.

If John Hardin makes another run at this thing and he has a standout year, your winner might be the 6'6 300 monster above.

When was the last time a lineman won Mr. football? I'm not saying he shouldn't win it, but I can't remember the last time a lineman won it.
adopted purple Wrote:When was the last time a lineman won Mr. football? I'm not saying he shouldn't win it, but I can't remember the last time a lineman won it.

Dennis Johnson out of Harrodsburg in 1997, he was a DL.
Before that it was Frank Jacobs out of New Cath in 1986, he was a TE.

Thats the only two i believe.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dennis Johnson out of Harrodsburg in 1997, he was a DL.
Before that it was Frank Jacobs out of New Cath in 1986, he was a TE.

Thats the only two i believe.

Two mega-studs in my book. Both absolutly dominated the high school gridiron. Haven't had the pleasure of watching Elam in person.
Didn't Dennis Johnson have a brother that was pretty good too? Dennis was a great player and so was Frank Jacobs. I like to pull for those unsung heroes on the line.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Must be the case, I don't know what the deal. I still think that Barker is the favorite to win it. If you want to get into stats like some apparently do, Drew's Junior stats are very similar to Patrick Towles Senior stats. Drew averaged 290 total yards per game and 3.3 TDs per game his junior season while Towles averaged 294 total yards per game and 3.8 TDs per game his senior season. ALSO, Drew is an Elite 11 finalist so I find it hard to believe that he can possibly be overrated.

But you forgot to mention that Barker probably played almost twice the mins as Towles, Towles was lucky to play two quarters in a lot of games.
sstack Wrote:But you forgot to mention that Barker probably played almost twice the mins as Towles, Towles was lucky to play two quarters in a lot of games.

Also Patrick was hurt and missed a Game or 2 that season. Wish he would get his chance at UK I still believe In the kid.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:While I would love to see drew barker against highlands especially at highlands since that is my favorite road trip I have ever made around the state. It's not his fault. But the personal bashing of these kids is kinda stupid. I mean they are both the 2 best players in the state this year hands down!!!! If you think Elam should win over barker or anyone else by all means discuss it. But saying these kids are overrated or not humble while hiding behind screen names is immature and cowardice. If your gonna make statements like that atleast put your name on it.

Talking smack goes hand in hand with football. You must be one of those people that are trying to turn football in to 2 hand touch.
Lawson Page of Collins will be puting up POY numbers. Will throw for over 2000 yds and run close to a 1000. Teammate Dre Farris will also be considered. Looking for 1000 yds receiving 1000 yds rushing and 3000 all purpose yards. Collins will win and probably undeafeated heading into 4A finals against Highlands.
2k passing and close to 1k rushing is not mr. Football numbers, sorry.
Tommy2tone Wrote:Lawson Page of Collins will be puting up POY numbers. Will throw for over 2000 yds and run close to a 1000. Teammate Dre Farris will also be considered. Looking for 1000 yds receiving 1000 yds rushing and 3000 all purpose yards. Collins will win and probably undeafeated heading into 4A finals against Highlands.

When looking at Mr Football canidates, do you have to take in the competition that a QB is putting up numbers against? Not putting Page down because I have not seen him, but Collins schedule is very, very weak. I do not think voters are blind to that.

sstack Wrote:When looking at Mr Football canidates, do you have to take in the competition that a QB is putting up numbers against? Not putting Page down because I have not seen him, but Collins schedule is very, very weak. I do not think voters are blind to that.

Collins opens the season with Simon Kenton a top 5 6A team that is not very very weak!
adopted purple Wrote:When was the last time a lineman won Mr. football? I'm not saying he shouldn't win it, but I can't remember the last time a lineman won it.

Yeah, that is another reason that I think Barker has to be the favorite. IMO, skill players already have an advantage over lineman because they're the ones in the spotlight with the ball in their hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
sstack Wrote:But you forgot to mention that Barker probably played almost twice the mins as Towles, Towles was lucky to play two quarters in a lot of games.

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Also Patrick was hurt and missed a Game or 2 that season. Wish he would get his chance at UK I still believe In the kid.

If they had a quarter-by-quarter breakdown, I would be interested to see it. As far as him being hurt, he got injured his junior season right? I was comparing Patrick's senior stats to Drew's junior stats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tommy2tone Wrote:Lawson Page of Collins will be puting up POY numbers. Will throw for over 2000 yds and run close to a 1000. Teammate Dre Farris will also be considered. Looking for 1000 yds receiving 1000 yds rushing and 3000 all purpose yards. Collins will win and probably undeafeated heading into 4A finals against Highlands.

Think you need to let the eggs hatch before you start counting chickens.:Thumbs:

Good point.
UK1fan Wrote:Talking smack goes hand in hand with football. You must be one of those people that are trying to turn football in to 2 hand touch.

Wrong I'm actually the type that loves a hard hitting defensive game. My favorite high school game I ever watched was The year Johnson central almost beat highlands and that was a physical hard hitting game. But it was done with class and respect on both sides. The kids helping each other up then going right back at it the next play. Also trash talking and jawing face to face on the field is much different than taking shots at a KID behind a screen name.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:If they had a quarter-by-quarter breakdown, I would be interested to see it. As far as him being hurt, he got injured his junior season right? I was comparing Patrick's senior stats to Drew's junior stats.

I thought it was his senior year he had the concussion vs Elder. Idk I could be wrong I'm not 100% certain.
Collins has Anderson County in their last game. Anderson in my opinion is the favorite in the region to knock off Conner. Anderson returns almost all their starters from a very good team last year. I don't think Collins schedule is weak. Are there any team that could beat anderson before state?
doesn't Bowling Green return like everybody.... there's no mr football candidate ?
birdman44 Wrote:doesn't Bowling Green return like everybody.... there's no mr football candidate ?

The three guys that got the majority of the touches were seniors this past season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I thought it was his senior year he had the concussion vs Elder. Idk I could be wrong I'm not 100% certain.

He must have not missed anytime when he got injured because they have him listed as playing in all 15 games his senior season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
birdman44 Wrote:doesn't Bowling Green return like everybody.... there's no mr football candidate ?

I believe they return 17 starters. Fant should be in the mix.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He must have not missed anytime when he got injured because they have him listed as playing in all 15 games his senior season.

He played in one series of the Elder game and had a concussion on a TD run. McCoy came off the bench and played a great game and pulled out the win. I am pretty sure Towles sat out the next game but not 100% sure.
UK1fan Wrote:Collins opens the season with Simon Kenton a top 5 6A team that is not very very weak!

Collins plays one quality team to start the season, it is still overall a very very weak schedule. I think SK will win by 35+, and as season progresses we find out that SK will be average at best.
sstack Wrote:Collins plays one quality team to start the season, it is still overall a very very weak schedule. I think SK will win by 35+, and as season progresses we find out that SK will be average at best.

Yeah remember that when SK is 10-0!
sstack Wrote:He played in one series of the Elder game and had a concussion on a TD run. McCoy came off the bench and played a great game and pulled out the win. I am pretty sure Towles sat out the next game but not 100% sure.

I think he played. I remember there Being a big debate on here on whether he should have or not. I just don't remember what year it was.