Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Mr Football in 2013?
I would say the odds are 1/1 on Drew Barker. Does anyone else have legitimate shot at the award?
Barker will be lucky to win 5 games this year!
It will definitely be a surprise if someone other than Barker wins it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Barker could possibly win it, but i don't know what his receivers look like this year, he can throw all day long but if nobody can catch he wont win it...
Matt Elam from John Hardin is the #1 rated recruit in KY from every service across the country. There isn't a school in the country that doesn't want him, with offers already from the likes of Alabama.

If John Hardin makes another run at this thing and he has a standout year, your winner might be the 6'6 300 monster above.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Matt Elam from John Hardin is the #1 rated recruit in KY from every service across the country. There isn't a school in the country that doesn't want him, with offers already from the likes of Alabama.

If John Hardin makes another run at this thing and he has a standout year, your winner might be the 6'6 300 monster above.

Rivals has Drew Barker #1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah pretty sure Elam Is the #1 unsigned recruit not overall. But him playing DT not playing in The NKY hotbed hurt him. Meanwhile barker playing QB getting to touch the ball every play and being a UK commit to me basically makes it a lock he wins as long as he stays healthy.
Conner lost to many players last year. Their best player Fogle is gone. Their defense gives up to many points. Noway Barker wins it.
Whos the favorite in 5A district 5 and 6 this year?

After a three way tie between South Oldham, Cooper, and Conner last year, will it be as interesting again?

Will Anderson and Franklin be the favorites in district 6?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whos the favorite in 5A district 5 and 6 this year?

After a three way tie between South Oldham, Cooper, and Conner last year, will it be as interesting again?

Will Anderson and Franklin be the favorites in district 6?

I think S. Oldham has the most coming back. Cooper and Conner lost quite a few good players.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:It will definitely be a surprise if someone other than Barker wins it.

4th in passing in NKY last year. I'd take a wait and see approach. Elam is solid and wanted by all the big programs.
hop24 Wrote:4th in passing in NKY last year. I'd take a wait and see approach. Elam is solid and wanted by all the big programs.

He can run too, rushed for over 1400 yds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He can run too, rushed for over 1400 yds.

Won't run in the SEC.:dontthink
hop24 Wrote:Won't run in the SEC.:dontthink

Ok? I thought we were talking about him winning Mr. Football, not what he is going to do in college.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Barker will get shell shocked when SK plays Conner!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Ok? I thought we were talking about him winning Mr. Football, not what he is going to do in college.

Think him being a QB puts him at a major advantage over Elam. Elam will be double or even triple teamed most of the season. Being a UK commit is another HUGE advantage, just want to see how the season plays out. Will Lee Co. have a decent squad this year?
UK1fan Wrote:Barker will get shell shocked when SK plays Conner!

Let the kids play the season out....It gets so tiring that people dislike a decent group of high character young men because of comments made. Think Simon Kenton has a good chance to have a great season, just let them play and give them praise after a good win. As far Mr. Football, think some other kids will be legit contenders by seasons end.
I still think Barker is over rated. Good player but not great. He looks good at camps but lets see him perform on the field this year. I think Elam would be at the top of the list at this point. Looking forward to him playing against Highlands!
sstack Wrote:I still think Barker is over rated. Good player but not great. He looks good at camps but lets see him perform on the field this year. I think Elam would be at the top of the list at this point. Looking forward to him playing against Highlands!

My thoughts exactly. If being first in the lines at camp and being super nice to the instructers means getting higher ratings, he's the best.:Thumbs:
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He can run too, rushed for over 1400 yds.

hop24 Wrote:Let the kids play the season out....It gets so tiring that people dislike a decent group of high character young men because of comments made. Think Simon Kenton has a good chance to have a great season, just let them play and give them praise after a good win. As far Mr. Football, think some other kids will be legit contenders by seasons end.

hop24 Wrote:My thoughts exactly. If being first in the lines at camp and being super nice to the instructers means getting higher ratings, he's the best.:Thumbs:

I am going to sit next to Barkers dad when they play SK and laugh every time he gets sacked or picked off lol. You know what NKY QB gets my vote!
Back off the kid. What's the probelm, did he beat your kid in an easter egg hunt when they were little and you can't get over it? If anyone can help me out here, but do you have to be on a winning team to be Mr. Football? Can you have a bad game and be Mr Football? Your right that Elam might be Mr Football but palying as a lineman he can take a play off now and then and no will ever notice, if Barker does it makes the news.
I like Elam and barker plus Dalton Sizemore in Williamsburgs :Thumbs:
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Back off the kid. What's the probelm, did he beat your kid in an easter egg hunt when they were little and you can't get over it? If anyone can help me out here, but do you have to be on a winning team to be Mr. Football? Can you have a bad game and be Mr Football? Your right that Elam might be Mr Football but palying as a lineman he can take a play off now and then and no will ever notice, if Barker does it makes the news.

I think you will find most times for the winner to be from a winning team. Not saying it is right, but That is the way it is most times. I think Barker will struggle to win with what Conner has returning and a pretty tough schedule. Speaking of schedule, I like their schedule except for HolyCross. Why not put Highlands on there instead? You say you have best player in state, then let's see what he can do against one of Ky's best who is right in your backyard.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Back off the kid. What's the probelm, did he beat your kid in an easter egg hunt when they were little and you can't get over it? If anyone can help me out here, but do you have to be on a winning team to be Mr. Football? Can you have a bad game and be Mr Football? Your right that Elam might be Mr Football but palying as a lineman he can take a play off now and then and no will ever notice, if Barker does it makes the news.

Must be the case, I don't know what the deal. I still think that Barker is the favorite to win it. If you want to get into stats like some apparently do, Drew's Junior stats are very similar to Patrick Towles Senior stats. Drew averaged 290 total yards per game and 3.3 TDs per game his junior season while Towles averaged 294 total yards per game and 3.8 TDs per game his senior season. ALSO, Drew is an Elite 11 finalist so I find it hard to believe that he can possibly be overrated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol my son is only 7. Conner is a very overrated football team. And when his dad is on another website bragging that gets in going to win Mr. Football after bragging last year Conner would win state. So get over it!
The Barker family should eat some humble pie. Big Grin
So you're telling eveyone one here that if your kid has the potential to be Mr. Football you wouldn't be talking it up? Maybe your son will be Mr Soccer! LOL! Point is, you came on strong at a kid who hasn't even played a down yet. As far as overrated, there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about Conner as a team, but I do see a whole lot about Simon Kenton not only on this site but others. If Simon stinks it up this year maybe the Barker's can send some of that pie your way.

strawberryshakeman Wrote:So you're telling eveyone one here that if your kid has the potential to be Mr. Football you wouldn't be talking it up? Maybe your son will be Mr Soccer! LOL! Point is, you came on strong at a kid who hasn't even played a down yet. As far as overrated, there hasn't been a whole lot of talk about Conner as a team, but I do see a whole lot about Simon Kenton not only on this site but others. If Simon stinks it up this year maybe the Barker's can send some of that pie your way.

My son doesn't play soccer he plays football this will be his second season of football and has been to football camps at 7 but I won't brag like they do SK will have one of their best teams ever this year. Pie is good!
sstack Wrote:I think you will find most times for the winner to be from a winning team. Not saying it is right, but That is the way it is most times. I think Barker will struggle to win with what Conner has returning and a pretty tough schedule. Speaking of schedule, I like their schedule except for HolyCross. Why not put Highlands on there instead? You say you have best player in state, then let's see what he can do against one of Ky's best who is right in your backyard.
I totally agree with you, to be the best you have to play the best. The comments made seemed as though they had an axe to grind with the dad and were taking it out on the son.
strawberryshakeman Wrote:I totally agree with you, to be the best you have to play the best. The comments made seemed as though they had an axe to grind with the dad and were taking it out on the son.

Taking it out on Conner a overrated football team.