Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR - Who will be coach at Perry Central next year?
mcn Wrote:Lets see......PCC has been in regional finals 4 of past 5 years. Check Big Al's record in regional champioship games. Just guessing but I would say he would have won 3 out of the 4 regional final games.:Thumbs:

Why did big Al leave PCC?
Warthog Wrote:Why did big Al leave PCC?

Out of those 7he won 2 of those at Napier, so. He has 7 in 19 years. The reason big al got fired basically is because he wouldn't play John Paul Amis' son.i came up on them 2 arguing after a game at perry central and the last thing big al said was " from now on I play to win"
BIG Al went to hazard for money and I don't blame him. Go where the money is. Unless you already have it.
Big al had already been let go at perry central when hazard went after him. He would have never left perry if they hadn't got rid of him. But I think before his career is over that he will be back at perry central.
I hope Ballboy or Coach23 gets the Perry job next.... They know so much about basketball and coaching, they should get a turn. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I heard Heston Beverly was getting the job. Friend of mine said they were giving him some sort of job with the school system to make it legal. Could be false info though. Heston would be a dandy.
ekff Wrote:I hope Ballboy or Coach23 gets the Perry job next.... They know so much about basketball and coaching, they should get a turn. LOL

Before we get ballboy on here we need to get Hatcher and Spurlock on BGR

That way they can question everything he does
Let them on here score 45 points you have a great shot at Hatcher, All I said about Spurlock was hes not a great coach, He got Gay and Wilson from Perry county and took them to Clay and what Happen? He left Sheldon Clark with there best player and they were close to winning the region if Johnson had stayed they would have probably won the region, Im just saying how many sweet sixteen apperances does he Spurlock have? If I coached at Perry it would have been last year press from start to finish.
ballboy Wrote:Let them on here score 45 points you have a great shot at Hatcher, All I said about Spurlock was hes not a great coach, He got Gay and Wilson from Perry county and took them to Clay and what Happen? He left Sheldon Clark with there best player and they were close to winning the region if Johnson had stayed they would have probably won the region, Im just saying how many sweet sixteen apperances does he Spurlock have? If I coached at Perry it would have been last year press from start to finish.

You make it sound so easy.

I wonder why all teams don't do that?
Ballboy has watched Dougie Campbell coach to much at AB Combs. You can press start to finish when your team is physically superior. But is Perry really that much more superior than anyone else? Not really. If you have a team with 5 guys like Ballards then heck yeah press but with a team not so fast and with two 6'7 slow guys. Makes it a little tougher.
The_Rock Wrote:Ballboy has watched Dougie Campbell coach to much at AB Combs. You can press start to finish when your team is physically superior. But is Perry really that much more superior than anyone else? Not really. If you have a team with 5 guys like Ballards then heck yeah press but with a team not so fast and with two 6'7 slow guys. Makes it a little tougher.

We saw what good pressing against Knott County did in the finals this year.

Would it have been that much different two years ago when they had Paige and Huff - and Knott County had Davis?
Not taking up for him but ballboy does make a good point. No one on here can say that PCC did not have the most talent in the region. They were loaded with the 2 bigs inside and guard play. You can have all the talent in the world but it takes COACHING to get the big one. Also he was 100% correct saying that if Johnson stayed at SC he would have played in Rupp. I vote for ZAGA FAN as the next PCC Coach
Here's a coaching tip... Stop saying Perry was loaded they had 3 very good players that's not being loaded...
So when u have 3 players that have to play the whole game why press start to finish?
News flash, pressing teams are deep teams, when u press a whole game in the 14th region people are going to get in foul trouble! FACT! So if Perry came out pressing start to finish as u say, and Braxton gets 2 or 3 early fouls your in for a world of hurt!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballboy knows his X's and O's EKff. Him and Bill Sizemore are the top bleacher coaches in the 14th Region.
bballfan2 Wrote:Not taking up for him but ballboy does make a good point. No one on here can say that PCC did not have the most talent in the region. They were loaded with the 2 bigs inside and guard play. You can have all the talent in the world but it takes COACHING to get the big one. Also he was 100% correct saying that if Johnson stayed at SC he would have played in Rupp. I vote for ZAGA FAN as the next PCC Coach

That makes one of us
who Bill Sizemore? Is he the one that jump Hatcher the night they lost at Bretahitt to Knott after losing a 12 point lead with 2:12 to go?
It dont matter who the coach is Perry shot there selfs in the foot after they got rid of Big Al. Let see what happens over the next couple of years.
The Rock sits with us and agrees on what we say ????
Just saying last years team should have pressed more I didnt say that about this years team.
The Rock really dont care what Perry does. Win he will support them, lose he will support them. Cant really critique Hatch or Spurlock. Sometimes the kids just dont live up to expectations and have bad nights. I think Hatch and Spurlock know their teams strengths and weaknesses and do an excellent job. The talent level at the small schools has caught up to the larger schools. No easy W's these days, no matter who you play, no matter if you press or dont, just dont know whats going to happen.
The stupidity in this thread has almost hit critical mass. smh. Perry had a good team this year, but shit happens sometimes, and people already speculating the coach is leaving? I guess i'll believe it when it's official.
I think Spurlock will be back.
IF PCC is smart they will get John Bently if Spurlock leaves !!
ballboy Wrote:It dont matter who the coach is Perry shot there selfs in the foot after they got rid of Big Al. Let see what happens over the next couple of years.

I am not disagreeing with you but big al was 14-19 his last year at perry
That 14-19 record was Hatcher's first year at Perry Central. They lost to Al Holland's first team at Hazard in the region championship. Holland's final team at Perry Central finished 20-8.
clipperw Wrote:That 14-19 record was Hatcher's first year at Perry Central. They lost to Al Holland's first team at Hazard in the region championship. Holland's final team at Perry Central finished 20-8.

After getting beaten by Buckhorn in the first round.

Something Hatcher has been crucified for.

And the team that beat Holland shouldn't have come close - and he got blown out
clipperw Wrote:That 14-19 record was Hatcher's first year at Perry Central. They lost to Al Holland's first team at Hazard in the region championship. Holland's final team at Perry Central finished 20-8.

I'm sorry that's right. Big ALS team got beat 33 points by buckhorn in the first game of the district. Hatchets 14-19 team went to the finals of the region and hazard beat them
It has been less than a year, that the night before Spurlock moved to PCC that he threatened sueing the paper for stating that he was leaving. Actions speak louder than words.
I'd take Hatcher over any coach in the mountains, and over most coaches in the state.

Big Al left Perry a brutal schedule because he knew he was gone. Perry's record wasn't great, but you could tell at the end of the year they had finally bought into Hatchers system and they made it to the region finals.

If Ed Whitaker hadn't come to Hazard, Big Al wouldn't have those 2 region titles he has at Hazard. Josh Whitaker made that team, even though they had other talented players. They wouldn't of had a PG if it wasn't for him.

But everyone gets transfers, so that's not what I'm complaining about. If some kid wants to go to a different school, let him.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:It has been less than a year, that the night before Spurlock moved to PCC that he threatened sueing the paper for stating that he was leaving. Actions speak louder than words.

To be fair...
they said that he had taken the job before it was official and he hadn't told his team yet.

Anyone would be upset - but I don't know if I would have taken to twitter with my displeasure.