Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 80 - Knott County Central 73
Crazy Horse Wrote:6 years ago was the last time Cordia beat PCC, but it was also the last time they have played. Zach Hurt, Josh Taylor...they beat PCC at Leslie, haven't played each other since.

I have never seen a Stacy that couldn't shoot lol this kid can flat shoot the 3 ball. PCc just has more scoring threats and options

C'mon now lol
Braxton Beverly is just a Freshman! People just dont realize? Freshman kids do not put up the numbers this kid is! Im pretty sure no one has ever started for Perry Central as an 8th grader? As he did last season! This kid will be sensational as a senior!!!

C'MON MAN!!!
Crazy Horse Wrote:6 years ago was the last time Cordia beat PCC, but it was also the last time they have played. Zach Hurt, Josh Taylor...they beat PCC at Leslie, haven't played each other since.

I have never seen a Stacy that couldn't shoot lol this kid can flat shoot the 3 ball. PCc just has more scoring threats and options

Stacy Poole! LMAO!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:The reason Beverly is as good as he is, is because of those two beast's under the basket!!! He will not be any better when he is a Senior unless of course pcc brings in more ringers the size of Johnson and Cornett! Without those two, much bigger players will be checking off on him without fear of him passing it off for a slam! Don't get me wrong he is a good high school player but there is not much room for improvement.

[Image: http://s4.postimage.org/dzb9me2vx/brax.png]
^^^ awesome!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:It has now been 2 years, 10 months, 30 days since JBS (Hindman Campus) has beaten Perry Central

The only game Perry has lost to any 14th region team in 11, 12, 13, is their district lost to Buckhorn at Leslie last year. Outside of that the game you're talking about in the finals of region in 2010 was the last time any 14th region team has beaten them. If I'm not misstaken.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:The reason Beverly is as good as he is, is because of those two beast's under the basket!!! He will not be any better when he is a Senior unless of course pcc brings in more ringers the size of Johnson and Cornett! Without those two, much bigger players will be checking off on him without fear of him passing it off for a slam! Don't get me wrong he is a good high school player but there is not much room for improvement.

As for how good he will be as a senior only himself and God know!!!! To say he doesnt have much room for improvement would be a complement I guess. Last time a checked bball is a TEAM sport and not about indivduals stats. If he doesnt pass the ball to those BIGS they arent gonna rebound or play defense. How about this: what if Johnson and Cornett didnt have Beverly to get them the ball???? I dont care how good you are if have 4 non-talents playing w/ you. Not comparing the 2 but Anthony Davis won like 10 games his jr and sr year combine. Im sure ppl said that he wouldnt b that good if he were surrounded by a bunch of great players. We all seen how that worked out. Im sure you already knew that though because you seem VERY knowledgeable about the game!!!!!!! LOL
ballstar Wrote:As for how good he will be as a senior only himself and God know!!!! To say he doesnt have much room for improvement would be a complement I guess. Last time a checked bball is a TEAM sport and not about indivduals stats. If he doesnt pass the ball to those BIGS they arent gonna rebound or play defense. How about this: what if Johnson and Cornett didnt have Beverly to get them the ball???? I dont care how good you are if have 4 non-talents playing w/ you. Not comparing the 2 but Anthony Davis won like 10 games his jr and sr year combine. Im sure ppl said that he wouldnt b that good if he were surrounded by a bunch of great players. We all seen how that worked out. Im sure you already knew that though because you seem VERY knowledgeable about the game!!!!!!! LOL

You just agreed with eveything I said what is your point with the VERY and LOL?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You just agreed with eveything I said what is your point with the VERY and LOL?

Didnt agree w/ anything you had said!!! You actually disagreed w/ yourself saying he wasnt that good and then said he was only good because of the 2 bigs that you said slams the ball basically everytime they get it. If you caught the VERY and LOL im sure I dont have to state my point!!! You can speak your negative comments about a 15 yr old kid all you want. As for me, I would take this young kid anyday to run my team.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You just agreed with eveything I said what is your point with the VERY and LOL?

BTW, is there anything wrong w/ just being a good HS player. I hear that all the time and ppl say it so negative. Being a good HS player is a great achievement. Most ppl on this board was never that!!
Thanks! I thought i was pretty good seating on the bench!!!
^ This guy kills me lol

Nice avatar btw
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon now lol

I think he's referring to his older brothers who played for KCC.
And yes, they both stroke as well.
Ballers Wrote:I think he's referring to his older brothers who played for KCC.
And yes, they both stroke as well.

No, he wasn't...

What about the ringers that knott county has brought in. Tate cox, zack Davis, and Cameron justice just to name a few.
hitter Wrote:What about the ringers that knott county has brought in. Tate cox, zack Davis, and Cameron justice just to name a few.

The Pats are good to go for a couple more years - but the JBS well is drying up fast and they've opened up shop again.

I watched the JV play Thursday and they might want to look into hitting the recruiting trail if they want to keep up with the rest of the region (or county).
I will have to agree with some of the statements that without johnson PCC would be nowhere near Hazard or KCC. Cameron and Braxton are very nice players but I think justice has the advantage. Zaga fan must be an uncle or family member to beverly
1.) Braxton has three more years to shut you up so I won't comment on that garbage

2.) Johnson might have logged 3 minutes in the Hazard game and Perry wiped the floor with the bulldogs.
zaga_fan Wrote:1.) Braxton has three more years to shut you up so I won't comment on that garbage

2.) Johnson might have logged 3 minutes in the Hazard game and Perry wiped the floor with the bulldogs.

^ Zaga, Josh Hollan played 0 minutes...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:^ Zaga, Josh Hollan played 0 minutes...

and it was a double-digit win.

I know what you're saying...
but would it put Hazard on an entirely different level than Perry?
I think that PCC is the the team to beat in the region. But one thing that I think might cost them in the end will be Coach Spurlock. He has in the past lets say not done so well in the regions. I think that last year Sheldon clark was he pick to win the 15th region and he could not win the big game. His time at clay county he struggle to win the regions win he was the favorite to win. So I think that what cost PCC in the end will be the man at the helms for them.
Didn't mean to hit a nerve zaga just stating my opinion; from watching both play right now I would rather have justice than beverly. Both are very nice players. No doubt PCC is the best team in the 14th hands down or lets say they have the most talent. But if you put Johnson on hazard or knott then PCC is no way in there league. I am just saying that Johnson makes a huge difference in that team. Zaga If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen
bballfan2 Wrote:Didn't mean to hit a nerve zaga just stating my opinion; from watching both play right now I would rather have justice than beverly. Both are very nice players. No doubt PCC is the best team in the 14th hands down or lets say they have the most talent. But if you put Johnson on hazard or knott then PCC is no way in there league. I am just saying that Johnson makes a huge difference in that team. Zaga If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

You ain't striking any nerves - you just ain't making any sense.

"But if you put Johnson on hazard or knott then PCC is no way in there league"

Let's put Justice at Hazard and see how far JBS goes. Let's put Hollan at Perry Central and see how far Hazard goes. Teams play with the roster they've got. Perry has Johnson, Hazard has Hudson, and JBS has Justice and a couple of kids that switched campuses. That's what they work with and that's who they will end up winning with.
bballfan2 Wrote:Didn't mean to hit a nerve zaga just stating my opinion; from watching both play right now I would rather have justice than beverly. Both are very nice players. No doubt PCC is the best team in the 14th hands down or lets say they have the most talent. But if you put Johnson on hazard or knott then PCC is no way in there league. I am just saying that Johnson makes a huge difference in that team. Zaga If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen

lol
zaga_fan Wrote:You ain't striking any nerves - you just ain't making any sense.

"But if you put Johnson on hazard or knott then PCC is no way in there league"

Let's put Justice at Hazard and see how far JBS goes. Let's put Hollan at Perry Central and see how far Hazard goes. Teams play with the roster they've got. Perry has Johnson, Hazard has Hudson, and JBS has Justice and a couple of kids that switched campuses. That's what they work with and that's who they will end up winning with.

You put Justice or Hollan either one on Perry's team with what they have and they make a serious run at the state title. No doubt about it.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Let me make some sense zaga!!!! What I am trying to say is in the past you have gotten on here and said PCC was all about Braxton maybe not those exact words but that is how it looks. We all agree Braxton is an excellent player but everytime someone mentions johnson you take it personal because their not talking about braxton so I said if johnson was not at PCC they would not and could play with Hazard or KCC because he makes that big of a differnece just his size even if he doesn't play well. So be glad you got him and not Hazard or KCC
bballfan2 Wrote:Let me make some sense zaga!!!! What I am trying to say is in the past you have gotten on here and said PCC was all about Braxton maybe not those exact words but that is how it looks. We all agree Braxton is an excellent player but everytime someone mentions johnson you take it personal because their not talking about braxton so I said if johnson was not at PCC they would not and could play with Hazard or KCC because he makes that big of a differnece just his size even if he doesn't play well. So be glad you got him and not Hazard or KCC

Still not making sense.

I guess I better get out of the kitchen.
Perry is just all around better then Knott right now. Nuff said.
Mountain man 14 Wrote:Perry is just all around better then Knott right now. Nuff said.

But if Johnson would've went to another school in the region...
they'd be in trouble.

For whatever that's worth.
On a good note Happy Birthday to Cameron Justice who turned 16 Today.. Great Kid, Great Player.