Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 80 - Knott County Central 73
Final.
Justice 44

Beverly 29
Justice with another big game.
The kid is a baller.
PCC is the better team. They have more players that can score in big game. KCC only has Justice and Hall. That is the difference in these two teams. KCC better hope that they dont have to face PCC again in the region because they cant beat them.
In my opinion Knott County relies on Justice too much. This kid can absolutely ball, but he needs help.
Justice can't do it by himself
Justice is A great player, Johnson is A beast! The difference is Beverly, Cornett and the athletism of Beatty and Pray. PCC is A better team!
The game was as never as close as the final score indicates PCC was up 9 or more for most of the 2nd half!!!
Game wasn't as close as the score.If PCC makes their FTs in the 4th, they win by 20+. Beverly seems to get better every time I watch him. As for Justice man he is a pure scorer, he has put a show on every time I've watched them this year.Both young men have very bright futures.
What about the Stacy kid? He is money from downtown.
Perry led from start to finish.
How many times have they plated this year?
^
This was the 2nd meeting.
Perry got some good minutes from the bench I think Stacy was 5 for 6 from behind the line.
Johnson played pretty well for a kid with a "torn achilles" who might miss the rest of the season lol.

Great game by PCC.
Perry Central Definently Region Favorite After this game!!!
Congrats Commodores. Very good game game not as close as score indicates. Perry just has more players. If they shoot the ball this good will be hard for anyone to handle. Just must concentrate on fee throws more.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Couple things I got from the game: Cam is a scoring machine that is tuff to contain n late game situations. PCC is tuff to beat when they shoot the 3 well. No answer for the 2 bigs downlow. Beverly just picked KCC apart from start to finish. No one could stay n front of him. Say what u will about the refs but they did nothing but keep the game respectable. PCC needs to make the more of their free throws n late game situations. If they hit free throws this game is never n question. Not saying the next one wont b diff, but PCC controlled this game from the tip.
I have to agree with ballstar. Both teams have plenty of individual talent. However, PCC was the best team on the floor last night. Beverly controlled the entire game. Justice is a warrior and has a will to win. However, IMO, KCC is going to have to get more of their rotation involved in the offense. Last night, PCC knew exactly who was going to have the ball in his hands. You must have more threats to move on to state at this point in the game.
Knott will win in tournament time
Perry Central 2-0 vs Knott Co.
It's crazy how good Braxton will be when he is a senior! With 3 more seasons under his belt!! Hope the kid grows a little bit tho! If he does lock D-1!!!!
Bottom line...
if Perry plays like they did tonight there is no one this side of the state that can beat them.

Perry has played JBS (Hindman Campus) twice and I think they've been up by 17 late in both games.

I have no earthly idea what is up with Braxton missing these big FTs late but I think he comes through next time. I know Justice dropped 44 last night, but take away the last 5 minutes of the game and he doesn't drop that many points and we're all talking about how Braxton Beverly dominated this one. Perry didn't get to run an offensive set for the last 4 minutes of the game because it was an automatic foul as soon as a Patriot got near the ball handler. It was the right strategy so it is what it is - I'm just saying that there is more to Beverly vs Justice than 29 pts vs 44 pts.

The play that summed up the game IMO was early in the 4th quarter when Beverly had the ball setting up the offense and Justice tried to get up in his face to guard him. Braxton drove it straight into his chest and Justice had no choice but to ride him all the way into the paint. The ref calls a foul and Justice got offended that a whistle was blown on him. That sums it all up for me lol
It has now been 2 years, 10 months, 30 days since JBS (Hindman Campus) has beaten Perry Central
For anyone wondering - that is 1067 days
I was going to count up how long it has been since Cordia beat Perry but my calendar doesn't go back that far...
6 years ago was the last time Cordia beat PCC, but it was also the last time they have played. Zach Hurt, Josh Taylor...they beat PCC at Leslie, haven't played each other since.

I have never seen a Stacy that couldn't shoot lol this kid can flat shoot the 3 ball. PCc just has more scoring threats and options
Looks like Cordia has a 5 yr and 2 month winning streak on PCC.
Curveball 24 Wrote:It's crazy how good Braxton will be when he is a senior! With 3 more seasons under his belt!! Hope the kid grows a little bit tho! If he does lock D-1!!!!

The reason Beverly is as good as he is, is because of those two beast's under the basket!!! He will not be any better when he is a Senior unless of course pcc brings in more ringers the size of Johnson and Cornett! Without those two, much bigger players will be checking off on him without fear of him passing it off for a slam! Don't get me wrong he is a good high school player but there is not much room for improvement.
KY35 thats a real classy post by you. Without Johnson and Cornett, Beverly would probably be the leading scorer in the STATE. Dont be surprised to see some 50 and 60 point nights from him in the future. I sense just a little jeolousy. I guess Heston wouldnt take his picture with you last night and give you an autograph.