Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bgr good news...
I'm so glad to see you back on here Ballers!!!!
I was starting to wonder if BlackCat Fan had left you at that poker game!!

I hope you find you peace, sweetie!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm so glad to see you back on here Ballers!!!!
I was starting to wonder if BlackCat Fan had left you at that poker game!!

I hope you find you peace, sweetie!!!

lol no he didnt leave me at the poker game I still go with him every wed.
Ballers Wrote:I've had a black cloud following me lately..
So I have been putting my trust in the lord..
Even stop drinking casually completely..
My next step is to go to church this Sunday for the first time in ages..
When I had noone else to turn too besides my friends who where consoling me..
I turned to him..
And my life is much better to be honest.

That's great news Ballers...I wish you well and continued success with the path your on. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Although I'll be rooting against the Texans since I'm a huge Bengals fan....I learned about JJ Watts act of kindness with Sandy Hook kids and it needs to be shared.

More good news...God Bless You JJ and your servants heart. Check out the link to learn more.

http://www.godvine.com/read/jj-watt-fb-gv-129.html

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^^
That was an absolute amazing story!!

Also, HawksRule hasn't shared his story here yet, but it's similiar to Ballers' story. They are both beautiful testimonies.
^Holy Spirit willing we may hear them some day Wink.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^^
You can read it now. HawksRule is so excited, he started his own thread about it!!! I just meant that he hadn't shared in HERE...look for the thread "I'm a changed man".
Wink
Ever wonder what u mods do on weekends?

Ill show you......

[Image: http://www.idsketching.com/blog/wp-conte...5/swat.jpg]
Have not spoken a word of profanity so far today Wink.

I have about 45 minutes of driving to do later this evening. I might find myself in trouble then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Road rage folks are the ONLY people who intimidate me!! I drive so much on I-75 that I know I pass crazies all the time. In fact, I can list them for you!! LOL These are the folks that I avoid at all costs:

1) Large trucks from Laurel County
2) Any black vehicle from Pulaski County
3) 90% of all vehicles from Florida & Michigan
4) 100% of all vehicles from Ohio
5) 99% of all women drivers

Profanity doesn't bother me. It's the idiots with a vehicle that bother me!!!!

Hope you made it home safely!!
Ballers Wrote:I've had a black cloud following me lately..
So I have been putting my trust in the lord..
Even stop drinking casually completely..
My next step is to go to church this Sunday for the first time in ages..
When I had noone else to turn too besides my friends who where consoling me..
I turned to him..
And my life is much better to be honest.

Ballers when i went through my divorce 6 years ago i talked to anyone who would listen. After about 4 months or so of this i finally turned to the one person who i knew was really listening. That of course was God.

I have slipped a bit over the years and struggle daily trying to get back to where i need to be. During the time i devoted my life to God was the best my life had ever been. Sure they where times i was tested, but God gave me the strength to fight through. I know eventually he will give me the strength to get back to where i need to be.

When i see people like you and Hawk on here testifying about giving your life to the Lord it makes me a little bit stronger. You guys may not understand nor believe this, but your testimonys give strength to others who are riding the fence.

I really pray that both of you stay on the right path, and you along with others can get me back on that path.

Stick with it guys. God will lead you from the darkness in your lives.
Beautiful!!

I think that may be a huge part of Christianity...helping others. And lots of times, you don't know when you're doing it.

For me, the trick is to know when I'm helping and when I'm hurting...
More good news...my sister-in-law is pregnant. I'm an Uncle to two now. God willing it will be a boy for them this time. This is a prayer answered.

Will know more in a couple months...God is good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ballers, I just saw your post. I think I still have you on Facebook. Hit me up sometime if you ever need help or have questions.
Great news today:

The wife, mortgage and girlfriend are all on time this month.
^
Confusednicker:
Sometimes we have to think outside the box. Last Friday while driving home my car received two unwelcomed rocks which came off the back of a trailer from a bobcat placing two long cracks in my windshield.

Thank you KY for being a no deductible windshield state. Although I know my insurance monthly rate will see an uptick in cost....it happens and should. So I get a call from the service provider this morning to confirm the appointment to replace the windshield. It rained like all get out in NKY this morning. My garage is used for storage ( it's Mrs. Spirits fault...:eyeroll: ) and we wouldn't be able to use our own garage to do the work.

The moment when common sense and practicality kick in...let's id a location which will meet our needs...a dry place. So I find a local garage under cover to do so and we make arrangements to meet using good communication, cell phones and common sense.....what a concept.

Ofcourse, Murphys law in play, as soon as we meet up the skies turn blue and his phone is ringing off the hook because people want their windshield replaced now....not so fast.

After about an hour I'm happy because my windshield has been replaced and the young man who did the work was aces...the original reason for our meeting. However, in the process our discussion leads to baseball. I could have taken a walk, grabbed a coffee...but no, I listened and something told me to talk about baseball.

I did and what transpired was amazing. My aces guy was blessed and fortunate enough to have a stellar baseball career up to his draft year where he sustained an injury and his walls came tumbling down. It took 7 years to make peace with just going to a MLB game. When we get out the way of Jesus Christ he will kingdom build through us. People pay in upwards of $250 an hour to accomplish what a couple of redneck baseball lovers can do in less than an hour.I tell you that to tell you this. Listen to your heart and the Lord...he speaks to us all day long when we allow ourselves to get out the way. Yes a couple stones kicked up at a windshield allowed for an outstanding kingdom building experience. If "aces" allows himself to do so...he'll be a great baseball coach someday. More importantly in the short term...I helped him make peace with his past and planted some potential seeds for rewarding success in the future.

I got a new windshield and am learning I may be a good teacher at the current crossroads I'm at. Giving all the glory to your God. Thank you for allowing " aces " and I to think outside the box.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
God is good all the time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
65 degrees at end of January...opened up the house and let the fresh air flow...enjoying it now since will prolly have a snowstorm within the month!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
After paying off my current student debts to Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY, I have re-enrolled and will start classes on February 12th. God is good! I have 23 credit hours completed, this is just getting back into classes after missing last semester for health complications.
Spirit100 Wrote:65 degrees at end of January...opened up the house and let the fresh air flow...enjoying it now since will prolly have a snowstorm within the month!

I did the exact same thing!! Love that breeze.
Actually, we are expecting snow within the next 24 hrs. LOL Wind is already howling.
That Al Gore with his global warming is something else i tell ya!
I didn't like him BEFORE the global warming.
Tipper was the best thing to come out of the Gore family, and I reckon that's the reason she actually left the Gore family.
We're not shoveling out from 2 feet plus of snow!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Share your good news folks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
LWC Wrote:After paying off my current student debts to Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, KY, I have re-enrolled and will start classes on February 12th. God is good! I have 23 credit hours completed, this is just getting back into classes after missing last semester for health complications.

Good job on paying off the loans.
I have to pay 500 a month for the next 10 years still....
Great news....we're not eating onion sandwiches, traveling 1 knot in the gulf of mexico, walking thru sewage, anyone want to go on a cruise in the next "century?"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Better news...my cruise for 25th anniversary (yearrrrs ago) was spectacular!!!
A lot of salvations at church this weekend...:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Didn't call 911 to buy smokes or bite a live animals head off...the February blahs bring out the best of cabin fever.

Share your good news bgr...your positive, uplifting, no bs report may change a fews perspective for the better.

Need a nudge...after almost puking during a super rep workout this afternoon I enjoyed a wonderful ah-hah moment enabling my family and I many more years of good health...and ideally motivating you all to do the same!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi