Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The bgr good news...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Report your positive news here...from a promotion to a babies first steps, from a successful surgery to just simply walking, planting a garden to taking a deep breadth after that idiot cut you off in traffic.

Take the high road and report the good news...our current media goes above and beyond reporting the bad news...let's lean on this to find hope in the good news.

Let the good roll BGR....a rolling stone gathers no moss!!!

:Thumbs:
I'll start...I burned more calories than I took in this morning....tonight will be the hard part! Wink
The company I work for just approved my request for a schedule that would allow me to go back to school 2 days a week.

Very good news.
I woke up on the right side of the ground.
Stardust Wrote:I woke up on the right side of the ground.

Well we couldn't get lucky today. Maybe tomorrow
Stardust Wrote:I woke up on the right side of the ground.

what?
Granny Bear Wrote:what?

He wasnt buried alive Wink
My grandma had spots on her face that the doctor burned off which they thought may progress into cancer. They caught it early enough, and now she has another spot that they are watching that they couldn't burn off.
Mrs. Spirit received a promotion today and since unemployed I remodeled an apartment in our home and have a new tennant this week to help pay our mortgage for the next 12 months.

God is good all the time! Don't give up...don't ever give up!!!
Jimmy V!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Jimmy V!!!!

Hundreds before him, Jimmy V, Spirit 100, and thousands to follow!!!
I got a raise.

A big whopping 50 cents!!!!
I have a bonus check I still haven't cashed. Lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I got a raise.

A big whopping 50 cents!!!!

That put you in a higher bracket???
Confusedhh:
Granny Bear Wrote:That put you in a higher bracket???
Confusedhh:

They already rob my ass blind every year anyways. Last year i paid in 23% for whatever reason. And no i dont make hundreds of thousands of dollars. I dont know what the deal is.

What are the different tax brackets?
Ive tried looking them up, but i never can find anything.
It's complicated, and depends upon a lot of factors. PM WideRight05 and ask him....no, I'm not crazy, he's an accountant and knows his stuff. We've talked about some stuff in the past and I would trust him with your question.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They already rob my ass blind every year anyways. Last year i paid in 23% for whatever reason. And no i dont make hundreds of thousands of dollars. I dont know what the deal is.

What are the different tax brackets?
Ive tried looking them up, but i never can find anything.

But if you did you would enjoy some very nice loop holes and tax cuts,.
^probably because you would know more about taxes and how they work Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:But if you did you would enjoy some very nice loop holes and tax cuts,.

No, its because im in a higher tax bracket that im getitng taxed to death.
Im not rich, i have the necessities in life and get by supporting my family, while my wife and i both have college degrees, and so we make decent money, but by the time uncle sam takes it, i dont make anymore than the guy down on the corner without a job getting food stamps.
Makes one wonder what happened, and is happening, to the "American Dream".

Not that long ago (my grandparents' time) few people had "jobs" like they do today. I remember seeing a census report during that time and 95% of the folks that were polled listed their "jobs" as farmers. So, think about it, farmers raise almost all of the food they eat throughout the year, they raise, harvest and preserve the meat they have throughout the year (or hunt/fish for fresher meat). If they needed something, they either improvised, made it themselves or did without (NO instant gratification there). And I remember my daddy helping his daddy to "lay by" enough firewood for the season.

All in all, you either worked or you died.

A good work ethic was admired and attained by most people. If they needed to go somewhere, most of the time they walked there.

Kinda makes you wonder about the improvements we've made in the last 100 years.
Granny Bear Wrote:Makes one wonder what happened, and is happening, to the "American Dream".

Not that long ago (my grandparents' time) few people had "jobs" like they do today. I remember seeing a census report during that time and 95% of the folks that were polled listed their "jobs" as farmers. So, think about it, farmers raise almost all of the food they eat throughout the year, they raise, harvest and preserve the meat they have throughout the year (or hunt/fish for fresher meat). If they needed something, they either improvised, made it themselves or did without (NO instant gratification there). And I remember my daddy helping his daddy to "lay by" enough firewood for the season.

All in all, you either worked or you died.

A good work ethic was admired and attained by most people. If they needed to go somewhere, most of the time they walked there.

Kinda makes you wonder about the improvements we've made in the last 100 years.

If only this still held true today.
Depressing bad news, new thread.....the good news this thread.

Had a great breakthrough conversation, on a full moon Sat. mind you, with an overly sensitive, medicated mother-in-law about the right and wrong way to handle herself at her grandsons sporting events.

Even better news was my wife was able to witness it, the phone conversation that is, so any dileneation from the truth between said in-law and her daughter will be addressed. And the wife congratulated me on being objective, firm, and to the point ( no I'm not talking about sex Wink ).

Chalk one up for the good guys!
Had a great day in the wilds of Boone County hunting with friends and family for KY Youth Hunt weekend.

It's my duty as a Father and friend to teach gun safety, proper use and maintenance of weapons. We didn't harvest a lot of wildlife...we did harvest a lot of peace of mind and a good time. It is very rewarding to pass on this family tradition to my son and his friends. And through education and proper use protect our hunting heritage.

Hope you and yours had a good weekend as well!

Got two four day weekends in a row.
"Had a great breakthrough conversation, on a full moon Sat. mind you, with an overly sensitive, medicated mother-in-law about the right and wrong way to handle herself at her grandsons sporting events."

Sorry Spirit, but I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall!!!
:lmao:

I got to spend 10 days with my grandchildren being at MY house! We had such a blast, and unlike Spirit100, took in way more calories than we used!!
Human beings are inherently endowed with the power to bring out the best possible results from the worst possible circumstances.:notbad:
Tracked down a new indoor baseball batting cage to work my son out in, as well as his teammates. Even though it's 30 degrees outside the sound of a hit baseball is a beautiful thing and a reminder that spring is only three months away.

Have a good day!
On December 21st a customer at a Tim Hortons (similar to our Dunkin Donuts ), has a drive thru, in Canada decided to pay for breakfast/coffee for the car behind him.

This random act of kindness started a chain eaction of goodwill. 220 plus consecutive customers continued the trend for the duration of the morning paying for the meal of the customer waiting in line behind them.

Store employees cheered each and every order. Awesome, awesome, and awesome.....

Please feel free to share your next random act of kindness and have a GOOD DAY!

^reaction, not eaction Wink
I've had a black cloud following me lately..
So I have been putting my trust in the lord..
Even stop drinking casually completely..
My next step is to go to church this Sunday for the first time in ages..
When I had noone else to turn too besides my friends who where consoling me..
I turned to him..
And my life is much better to be honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4