•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Fairview (1A State Championship) 11/30
Come Friday around 3p the great thing is we won't have to hear this lame a..ed talk for another year. That is all you guys have to say. There is no legitimacy to any statements you make by looking at records, rankings, films or anything else so you hang your hat on this. If they win it will be because they are better not because we felt like we could win. The fact is when you get to this point it is supposed to be two great teams playing and we expect that. The thing is we are looking at schedules, types of offense, types of def, skill players, linemen and we feel like we have the best. Do you expect us to say we don't have a chance. Write this down, post it, read about it, put it on shirts, I don't care. We will win this game.
I would bet that the guys at the KHSAA are a little less than happy with Fairview continuing to win after everything that has transpired with them this season. I bet deep down those guys were rooting against Fairview.
I know this isn't the only case of this happening in terms of court injunctions, but just doesn't seem right. If the KHSAA is the governing body of member schools and they make a decision you don't agree with you just find a local judge to say they are wrong and that just totally undermines the whole concept of a governing body. I would hope that our judicial system would have bigger things to work on than high school athletics.

This isn't a direct jab at Fairview just a general statement on this type of situation. This has happened at other schools who have gone onto state titles like Highands and I just don't understand how this whole thing works I guess
BADCAT74 Wrote:You must be high... Ashlands line an depth way to much.

I told you guys earlier in the season. If Fairview got everybody eligible they were the best team in the area. Now on to Taco Bell.
mysonis55 Wrote:Come Friday around 3p the great thing is we won't have to hear this lame a..ed talk for another year. That is all you guys have to say. There is no legitimacy to any statements you make by looking at records, rankings, films or anything else so you hang your hat on this. If they win it will be because they are better not because we felt like we could win. The fact is when you get to this point it is supposed to be two great teams playing and we expect that. The thing is we are looking at schedules, types of offense, types of def, skill players, linemen and we feel like we have the best. Do you expect us to say we don't have a chance. Write this down, post it, read about it, put it on shirts, I don't care. We will win this game.
I am willing to bet that even if you didn't post it on a thread you were probably saying this same thing last year about the Hazard game. "SO".....WRITE IT DOWN, POST IT, READ ABOUT IT, PUT IT ON SHIRTS, TATOO IT ON YOUR ASS, I DON'T CARE. THIS GAME WILL BE CLOSE AND I THINK EITHER TEAM CAN WIN........but I like Fairview. "LOL"
Do-double-gg Wrote:I am willing to bet that even if you didn't post it on a thread you were probably saying this same thing last year about the Hazard game. "SO".....WRITE IT DOWN, POST IT, READ ABOUT IT, PUT IT ON SHIRTS, TATOO IT ON YOUR ASS, I DON'T CARE. THIS GAME WILL BE CLOSE AND I THINK EITHER TEAM CAN WIN........but I like Fairview. "LOL"

I know i was confident last year and predicted we would win and Hazard proved me wrong. It sure wasnt cause Hazard played a wee schedule they played a tough schedule. It was simply overconfidence. For one Jackson was much more injured than the fans knew. The loss of a key 2way lineman against Beechwood turned out to be a bigger deal than i thought. If you dont think that a key player being out doesnt make a difference ask Trinity or Hazard. In fact it is a much bigger deal in the smaller classes. What i think got us last was our qb getting rattled his first time on the big stage 5int. There also was some chemistry issues that the average fan didnt know about involving a key player. So that being said we are healthy our qb has improved greatly with a 30 to 1 td to int ratio and the team cancer is gone. So i feel confident again Mayfield by 17
IceQB Wrote:I would bet that the guys at the KHSAA are a little less than happy with Fairview continuing to win after everything that has transpired with them this season. I bet deep down those guys were rooting against Fairview.
I know this isn't the only case of this happening in terms of court injunctions, but just doesn't seem right. If the KHSAA is the governing body of member schools and they make a decision you don't agree with you just find a local judge to say they are wrong and that just totally undermines the whole concept of a governing body. I would hope that our judicial system would have bigger things to work on than high school athletics.

This isn't a direct jab at Fairview just a general statement on this type of situation. This has happened at other schools who have gone onto state titles like Highands and I just don't understand how this whole thing works I guess

To be honest this topic has been beat to death on a few threads. I know the Mayfield fans dont care where the kids came from. I would rather beat them at their best with who got them there. If they beat us i sure wont say but those kids shouldnt have been playing.
mysonis55 Wrote:MSf, why u always busting my balls? U of all people should know I a football junkie. I study it all the time. I have really increased my connections this year. I will be loosing some of that next year when we loose jj. Mayfield cardinal can tell u I have pretty good luck with the research.

Because you will give back as much as you take LOL. Just having fun. We can't let this get boring.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Because you will give back as much as you take LOL. Just having fun. We can't let this get boring.

Besides 55 with 64, White Panther King, and Avery not on the board much he is just trying to keep you in shape for next year. Boys we are in the show this week i know i am stoked and friday cant get here soon enough. I remember back in the day when it was at Louisville and the game was the day after turkey day we would have to bus over to Murray St to get used to practicing on turf. It was such an exciting weak i know the kids cant hardly stand it.
FBALL Wrote:I told you guys earlier in the season. If Fairview got everybody eligible they were the best team in the area. Now on to Taco Bell.

I'll sy they were impressive. The only advantage Ashland had was the line. I believed fairview had 5 kids carry the ball and all were quick. Also #1 absolutely annihilated a kid from hazard in the 3rd quarter on a deep post. IT WAS A WOW HIT. If they could do an average job against Ashland line they were probably a td better. Atleast on Friday night
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I'll sy they were impressive. The only advantage Ashland had was the line. I believed fairview had 5 kids carry the ball and all were quick. Also #1 absolutely annihilated a kid from hazard in the 3rd quarter on a deep post. IT WAS A WOW HIT. If they could do an average job against Ashland line they were probably a td better. Atleast on Friday night

Ashland had the advantage up front.

Yeah #12 for Hazard got lit up. That was the younger King that hit him. We were standing on the Hazard side. Even over there everybody went wow! Kid was out in his feet. Hope he's OK.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland had the advantage up front.

Yeah #12 for Hazard got lit up. That was the younger King that hit him. We were standing on the Hazard side. Even over there everybody went wow! Kid was out in his feet. Hope he's OK.

Hope he is ok to. Maybe some Hazard people can give us an update. Having 13 and a 9 year old that play is a joy for me but i am still a dad and the head and spinal chord issue does bother me. My 13 year old is old school lineman size 5ft9 and real heavy so i dont worry so much about him. My 9 year old has been playing middle linebacker and has got a little bit of headhunter in him i preach and preach about keeping his head up on tackles but so many kids struggle with this early. Anyway sounds like Fairview lays the lumber its going to be a physical game i cant wait
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:The damn video is on ihigh.com...God almighty. Your connections are a joke.

I didn't see any video on ihigh.com myself, maybe I am not searching correctly on there, but I didn't see it on the fairview page on there. I was able to find the maxpreps one, but it is just a highlight film as others have stated.
I don't know how many of you know about calpreps. They have a site where you can project a matchup. I have used it several times this year. They are 87.5 % accurate in Ky this year. They pick this game at Mayfield 42 and Fairview 21. If it were the other way around, I would report that. Go check it out. They also picked Fairview to beat Hazard.:popcorn:
Fairview will kick a** just like they have done with everyone this year.
gobigredMHS Wrote:I didn't see any video on ihigh.com myself, maybe I am not searching correctly on there, but I didn't see it on the fairview page on there. I was able to find the maxpreps one, but it is just a highlight film as others have stated.

http://www.ihigh.com/rams/broadcast_1831...verlight=1
I'm cheering for Mayfield this year. I know Fairview may be closer and more of a mountain team than Mayfield, but have been reading some things about fairview and hearing from some of our fellow mountain teams like Pikeville and class is a must out of a team. Dont quote me but back around the begining of the season on the news had two player out of WV Huntington that had been kick out of there school and even had a restaining order that they not to be back on school grounds ever again. So the 2 boys jumped the state line and played for Fairview. If this is true then KHSAA should have tooken care of it. These young men should have respect for each other and show class on and off the field. Go Mayfield
piratepride90 Wrote:I'm cheering for Mayfield this year. I know Fairview may be closer and more of a mountain team than Mayfield, but have been reading some things about fairview and hearing from some of our fellow mountain teams like Pikeville and class is a must out of a team. Dont quote me but back around the begining of the season on the news had two player out of WV Huntington that had been kick out of there school and even had a restaining order that they not to be back on school grounds ever again. So the 2 boys jumped the state line and played for Fairview. If this is true then KHSAA should have tooken care of it. These young men should have respect for each other and show class on and off the field. Go Mayfield

That restraining order and there suspensions were later lifted from Huntington high when more facts came out. The khsaa rułed them ineligible and it ended up in the courts. The courts ruled against the khsaa and said they were eligible to play. And after hearing more information of what happened in Huntington that's what should of happened. They should've never been expelled and Huntington high practically admitted so.and as far as class I saw no bad sportsmanship from either team and it was nothing but conpliments after the game from the fairview kids. It seems to be a great group and a special group for the area to enjoy.
Also any updates in the condition of Devon turner for fairview would be appreciated as well the eagles will need him.
piratepride90 Wrote:I'm cheering for Mayfield this year. I know Fairview may be closer and more of a mountain team than Mayfield, but have been reading some things about fairview and hearing from some of our fellow mountain teams like Pikeville and class is a must out of a team. Dont quote me but back around the begining of the season on the news had two player out of WV Huntington that had been kick out of there school and even had a restaining order that they not to be back on school grounds ever again. So the 2 boys jumped the state line and played for Fairview. If this is true then KHSAA should have tooken care of it. These young men should have respect for each other and show class on and off the field. Go Mayfield

Regardless of who they have or how they got there they are a very formidable team.

Kids are kids and they deserve second chances sounds like to me there was some overreaction at Huntington and the kids were kinda exonerated. Glad Fairview gave them there second chance and they have a chance to win a title and we Mayfield fans got no problem with them suiting up against us.
Kids swap schools all of the time. Hazard had one from Texas, that I think may have gone to another Ky school last year. Beechwood had a very good player that came from Simon-Kenton. We have several that came from another school and have rumors of others wanting to come next year. As long as they started the season with them, then that is the team, we will game plan for it. If we game plan properly and execute properly we will win. If we don't we could loose. Either way the better team on that day will win, that is all you can ask for. It is supposed to get challenging at this time of the year. I happen to know of one kid that went to school here last year that is no longer with us. Another school gave him a chance twice and I am glad for the kid because that is his chance to do something with his life. Remember these are kids, they should be afforded chances.
mysonis55 Wrote:Kids swap schools all of the time. Hazard had one from Texas, that I think may have gone to another Ky school last year. Beechwood had a very good player that came from Simon-Kenton. We have several that came from another school and have rumors of others wanting to come next year. As long as they started the season with them, then that is the team, we will game plan for it. If we game plan properly and execute properly we will win. If we don't we could loose. Either way the better team on that day will win, that is all you can ask for. It is supposed to get challenging at this time of the year. I happen to know of one kid that went to school here last year that is no longer with us. Another school gave him a chance twice and I am glad for the kid because that is his chance to do something with his life. Remember these are kids, they should be afforded chances.

mysonis55, you are in grave danger of not having the "Like" tab clicked on by Patch. Patch is a strong defender of the one strike and your done law. He has been very obdurate in his feelings about transfers, but mostly those that transfer to Fairview. Win or lose they will have accomplished more than any other Fairview football team in our school's history. Should be a great game. I'm going down Thursday night and wish Patch would ask for a ride to watch a team he predicted would go down 2 games ago. Good luck Fairview Eagles!!

B.I.T.W. TongueirateSho Confusedinglepar :hilarious: :flush:
So basically we are playing a Murray clone for the state title.

How far is the trip from Ashland to BG?
Confusednicker:MSF, Thats last years game. You were saying?
mysonis55 Wrote:Confusednicker:MSF, Thats last years game. You were saying?

"Because you will GIVE BACIvas much as you take LOL. Just having fun. We can't let this get boring."

Now you know what I meant. I was waiting for the hammer to fall and you lived up to it LOL.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:That restraining order and there suspensions were later lifted from Huntington high when more facts came out. The khsaa rułed them ineligible and it ended up in the courts. The courts ruled against the khsaa and said they were eligible to play. And after hearing more information of what happened in Huntington that's what should of happened. They should've never been expelled and Huntington high practically admitted so.and as far as class I saw no bad sportsmanship from either team and it was nothing but conpliments after the game from the fairview kids. It seems to be a great group and a special group for the area to enjoy.

The players were declared eligible by the Boyd Circuit Court. Fairview is located in Boyd County. Does anyone really believe that a home county judge would rule against a home county school?

The question will be if KHSAA appeals the decision to a higher court. The result may well be different when the case reaches a more "neutral court".
I would think that KHSAA must appeal or lose credibility. If KHSAA wins on appeal, the rules say that Fairview will be responsible for all costs incurred by KHSAA in this matter.

It could get interesting but that will be up to KHSAA. Either they will protect their territory or look weak.

I will root for Fairview on the field but I still believe in a final decision off the field.
I for one said dont quote me, I just know I hadnt heard anymore about what went on. Kids will be kids I do understand, mine are not saints. I just had thought someone was covering up something. As for the class thing some of the young men and parents had told some of us that they would catch these boys on the ground and steep on me or jump on there chests, hands arms, legs with there cleats. But that happens in the line of duty, unless someone was trying to hurt another player. But anyways I have bigger fish (yellow jackets) to fry. Good luck Mayfield
Lets keep the courts out of this and just talk about both teams. Mayfield doesn't care about all that other stuff.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:http://www.ihigh.com/rams/broadcast_1831...verlight=1

I have seen this page on ihigh on raceland but there isn't a raceland vs fair view game on there unless I am blind.
piratepride90 Wrote:But anyways I have bigger fish (yellow jackets) to fry. Good luck Mayfield

Thanks Pride and good luck to the Pirates.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next