Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Clay Co. 9/14
I'm getting old but I thought back in the early 80's Whitley county's school colors were red white and blue.
Hyper Wrote:RIUTG

So let me see if I am understanding you correctly...
Whitley completly outclasses Clay. Hyde and Dezarn are overrated. Whitley is coming to Clay on Friday and will completly run over them. McNeal, Carr, and the entire linebacking core aren't even good enough to be mentioned. This game won't be close...am I reading you correctly?

Sounds to me, as if, that is what everyone is saying.lol
Oldtiger Wrote:I'm getting old but I thought back in the early 80's Whitley county's school colors were red white and blue.

Not positive but almost sure Whitley has always been Red & Black. Their middle school use to be the Rockets maybe they were red white and blue.
As far a Blow out, I don't see it. I'm a Colonel fan but I see this one as a dog fight with the Colonels coming out on top. The blow out will come next week.
I think they were red and white. My Brother was a player for Lawrence back in the 90s and he has some film of a game with Whitley and they were red and white. White helmets with a red W on it from the looks of it.
I see this being a very good game. I don't see the blowout predictions, Clay is not a bad team, and Whiltey is still an improving team. I think Whitley does win, but it will be a dog fight and could go down to the last possession.

I don't think Clay will stop Boss like Bell did and if they do Whiltey has the weapons this year to get outside.
clays front 4 is very good,linebackers must play great to stop whitley.Sam Carr is a very good running back that gets little attention.clay has a talented team with alot of seniors.clay 34 whitley 32.
Perry playes Whitley later in the year in williamsburg and they probably wont win but Whitley will not kill them because their to fast. If they could stop anyone they be undefeated. I going to say they will beat either Whitley or Harlan,Cent perry will. You guys get blowed up over playing Bell close and their is no team in the mountains that good.
I think Whitley's talent and seasoned head coach will be too much for us this week. I am still hoping we can keep the game close.
ballboy Wrote:Perry playes Whitley later in the year in williamsburg and they probably wont win but Whitley will not kill them because their to fast. If they could stop anyone they be undefeated. I going to say they will beat either Whitley or Harlan,Cent perry will. You guys get blowed up over playing Bell close and their is no team in the mountains that good.

I was browsing the internet today and found the APs latest rankings of teams that were 1-3........Boyle was #1, and Perry was not on the list. :biglmao::biglmao::rockon:
Old tiger not sure if up you noticed but your colors are black and gold, yet you wear banana yellow? Yea your argument is now invalid.
Whitley 28
Clay Co. 14
That's funny..actually Clay Co original Colors were orange and black just like lynn camps or the Bengals. Somewhere along the line the changed our colors to Banana and black then Step came along and changed to vegas gold, now were back in the bold banana.
Clay will be a major underdog Friday night and if they keep the game respectable I'll be Ok with that.
I will give you a valid topic of conversation -

How good could Whitley County have been this year if they hadn't ran the current QB for Williamsburg to Williamsburg. I bet Williamsburg would love some of those colonials this season...
Clay County
Oldtiger Wrote:Clay will be a major underdog Friday night and if they keep the game respectable I'll be Ok with that.

How good could Whitley County have been this year if they hadn't ran the current QB for Williamsburg to Williamsburg. I bet Williamsburg would love some of those colonials this season...

Ive noticed youve called us the colonials about 3 times.
Not only are you wrong about our colors, you dont know our mascot.
Come out friday and you'll never forget it.
Oldtiger Wrote:It's amazing that this game which essentially means nothing has generated so much hype, I know the Tigers are having the time of their life after only winning one game last season, they will play this game without an ounce of concern, because they have already greatly exceeded what anyone ever thought they could do by beating Perry Central. Whitley however desperately needs to get another one in the win column to validate that they're legit. Looks to me like all the pressure is on the colonials as they must win to be considered a contender, a loss to Clay could mean that the wheels have fallen off the black and red machine.

(Warning Rant below concerning the adding of Black to school colors)

BY the way didn't Whitley counties colors use to be red white and blue several years ago, why do schools think it's cool to just stick black in the rotation. Someone should tell these coaches because you looked at your uniforms and seen that they had a little black surrounding the numbers doesn't mean it's part of your schools colors. Us old school tigers feel like our colors have been stolen by half the schools in the state. Black doesn't make you bad, bad makes you bad.

This game does not mean a thing. Only district games do.

First of all, our colors have ALWAYS been red, black, and white.
Secondly, somObviously your thinking of ROCKCASTLE COUNTY whos colors ARE red, white, and blue.

Whitley had completely black jerseys all the way up until around the mid 90s when we switched to red, but weve always had black jerseys also. We have two sets of home jerseys which are one red and one black and our away jerseys have always been white. Nobody stole nothing off of Clay.

If you need further proof, refer to whitleycountyfootball.com where you can look at past team photos and youll see that in 1963 which was our first year of football, we had black jerseys on. The tabs are listed to view photos, you can see weve always had black jerseys and our midde school has never been the rockets. :HitWall:
Oldtiger Wrote:Clay will be a major underdog Friday night and if they keep the game respectable I'll be Ok with that.

I think we'll do fine friday without all of the transfers to the city schools.
Its become common place for Wburg to rip players off of us just like Corbin use to.
Also, he wouldnt help us anymore than the current QB we have considering we throw the ball about 5 times a game. Whether he was here or not, that wouldnt change.
The middle school at Whitley County did indeed used to be called the rockets. If you knew as much about us as you say you should know that. As for a prediction on this game i say Whitley 32 Clay 20
WC 35 Clay 22
WC
Whitley County Middle School was built around 72 73 and the mascot was the rockets up until about 85,, 86 when I started my bus route. And to beat all our colors were Black & Gold
:pondering:
ballboy Wrote:Perry playes Whitley later in the year in williamsburg and they probably wont win but Whitley will not kill them because their to fast. If they could stop anyone they be undefeated. I going to say they will beat either Whitley or Harlan,Cent perry will. You guys get blowed up over playing Bell close and their is no team in the mountains that good.

????????????? Looks like someone did not get that Medical Spell CheckerConfusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Whitley by 3 scores
Whitley will not lose another game this year to here you people from williamsbug, But I dont think Whitley coule beat Williamsburg this year.
Word about town here in Manchester is the Tigers may have suffered a streak of bad luck and may have to go friday without a couple key players. If that's the case then I'll have to give the edge to the big giant black and red Ws.

Later Taters
I heard the same thing oldtiger, two key players to miss fridays game with Whitley. Wouldn't have mattered anyway but hate to see the kids miss a game.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Whitley County Middle School was built around 72 73 and the mascot was the rockets up until about 85,, 86 when I started my bus route. And to beat all our colors were Black & Gold
:pondering:

FD, you are absolutely spot on correct......RIUTG is spot on wrong in this case. I have found a couple of black and Gold baseball jerseys several years back, and there used to be several pics of the football and basketball teams posted around school but they are now gone.

Also Red BLACK and White have always been WCHS school colors.......never any blue in it.

Colonels Roll.......a nice win this friday
^
I was referring to the high school.
Where are you getting this middle school talk.
Whitley also had schools with mascots like the Trojans and Bulldogs but it isnt anymore.

I cant believe a thread has gotten so derailed by stupid mascot talk.

What happened to your boys Clay? Whos not playing? Spill it!

I hope all of them play, no way for excuses then.
Rumor is disciplinary issues, I won't mention any names because it wouldn't be fair to the kids if what we've heard isn't true.

In all seriousness we won't make any excuses and I'll give props to you guys if you win, we'd like to redeem ourselves here in Tigerland for allowing Whitley to win on a last second field goal last season. It would have been an upset for the tigers to have won this game with these two key players, now it'll be a miracle if we play within 3 TD's