Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co @ Clay Co. 9/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Who wins?
Going to be a good one, both teams like to play smashmouth football.

I'll take WC by 8.

22-14
Whitleys defense will dominate Clay from the start. Whitley wins this one 35-7.
Could you please add the date when creating a prediction thread?

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - Posting Scores and Creating Prediction Threads: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=99032
Clay hasnt played anyone that play like Whitley.

South, Perry, Garrard, and Washington are not in the same league.

Going to see the hardest running team thus far.

It's at Clay, but if the Whitley defense shows up like it has the last two weeks, its gonna be a long night for Clay.

Whitley 42
Clay 7
After looking at the rest of Clays schedule, it could be very hard for them to get another win on the year.
Rock seems to be the only teams they may have a shot at.

I dont see knox, bell, russell county, or breathitt having a problem. JMO...
Whitley County 42

Clay County 14
Props to Clay for having the schedule they do.
I believe it could help them in that district and region, which is one of the toughest in the state.
Clay schedule will help them win down the road and their better than people thank they are, I say Clay will win this one in a very close game Clay has some good players and better than people thank they are Whitley has some good players also this should be one of the best games in the mountains next week. Clay 27 Whitley 24.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Clay hasnt played anyone that play like Whitley.

It's at Clay, but if the Whitley defense shows up like it has the last two weeks, its gonna be a long night for Clay.

Whitley 42
Clay 7

Maybe not EXACTLY like Whitley, but Harlan Co met Clay at Corbin at the very first of the season. Both teams were a little unsettled, being the first game for both.

From what that game showed me, I'm going to agree with your prediction.
I wouldn't put to much in what you saw in Corbin, this Clay team isn't even close to the same team that played Garrard in game one. I don't know if Clay has enough stuff to beat Whitley but they will know they've been in a game.
I wasn't impressed with either team last night, IMO it will be a long season for both.
Whitley wins big
Last season Clay lost at Whitley by a last second field goal. There was a horrendous fumble call on the one yard line or clay would have won. Clay lost only their QB from that game, no one else. Clay is a much better team than last year. Whitley may very well win but it is funny that you (RIUTG) believe that it will be a blow out. Please explain. You must feel very good about your loss last night.
SLHS Card

Your right both teams looked horrible, the Clay team that played SL last night wasn't the same team that was on the field playing Perry Central. Clay County has already won 2 more games than they were supposed to win; so we're pretty happy about that.

Perry was favored by 3TD, and I bet before the season started most folks would have given the Cards the nod in last nights match up. Coach E has a major rebuilding effort under way, after a 1 & 10 season last year. The teams just taking them one game and one play at a time. In my honest opinion I don't think Clay can beat Whitley but I didn't think we could beat Perry Central either.

I wouldn't expect the tigers to lay down on their home field and throw in the towel, just because the colonials played within a touchdown of the Almighty Bell County BOBCATS.
UKSDG

I didn't want to mention the (owe you one factor) but the Tigers have had this game circled on their calendar for a long long time because of the horrendous calls they got in last years game.
UKSDG Wrote:Last season Clay lost at Whitley by a last second field goal. There was a horrendous fumble call on the one yard line or clay would have won. Clay lost only their QB from that game, no one else. Clay is a much better team than last year. Whitley may very well win but it is funny that you (RIUTG) believe that it will be a blow out. Please explain. You must feel very good about your loss last night.

This isnt last season. There are probably 10 guys on this team that didnt even play last year. If Clay comes into this game thinking its last years Whitley team, we will rack up 60. I havent called a game wrong all year and i wont this one.

Im sure if we held Rock to a 100 yards of total offense, and Bell to 187, sorry if im not worried about the awesome offense of Clay County.
Im sure that Bryant will not make anyone on that Clay defense look that good, and quite frankly, i think our offense (which is completely different from last year) will confuse you all night. Id be surprised if we dont run for almost 400 yards.

Before you go crazy, wait till friday and see what happens.

You struggled with Perry and lost to Garrard.
Oldtiger Wrote:UKSDG

I didn't want to mention the (owe you one factor) but the Tigers have had this game circled on their calendar for a long long time because of the horrendous calls they got in last years game.

Circle it, cross it, and dot it.

I dont think your UK boy is going to like it Friday.
I saw Clay play this year and they are a much improved team this year....with that being said Whitley will win this one but Clay will not just hand it to them.
By the sound of it, you are the one who is going crazy. Clay was bad last year and Whitley was just as bad. both seem to be somewhat improved. Clay has probably only given up 300 yards rushing in the first 4 games combined ( albeit a couple of the teams were passing offenses) so I doubt Whitley has the success you are predicting. I believe it will be a close game again with the keys for Clay being; limiting turnovers and staying fresh on D. Cooler weather will be a plus. I guess we will see Friday night.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Clay hasnt played anyone that play like Whitley.

Whitley 42
Clay 7

I think Whitley will win this game, but why do you think they will score more points than they did against Rockastle? In that game Whitley completly shut down Rockastle on defense and managed 28 points. I look for a similar game against Clay.
This game wont be close! Hyde is good but he only decides to be the best on the field about 2 plays a qtr. Takes way to many plays off, but maybe he doesnt care since his ticket is already punched to Ky. Whitley is way way to strong and physical for Clay. Clay's trainer may be the busiest person this night.
Oldtiger Wrote:SLHS Card

Your right both teams looked horrible, the Clay team that played SL last night wasn't the same team that was on the field playing Perry Central. Clay County has already won 2 more games than they were supposed to win; so we're pretty happy about that.

Perry was favored by 3TD, and I bet before the season started most folks would have given the Cards the nod in last nights match up. Coach E has a major rebuilding effort under way, after a 1 & 10 season last year. The teams just taking them one game and one play at a time. In my honest opinion I don't think Clay can beat Whitley but I didn't think we could beat Perry Central either.

I wouldn't expect the tigers to lay down on their home field and throw in the towel, just because the colonials played within a touchdown of the Almighty Bell County BOBCATS.

I wouldnt really call clay a major rebuidling job. They have as much talent as they have had in the last ten years with except maybe 09 or 10 whichever was their really good year. They just are not playing the schedule they were during the stepp and arnett years.
UKSDG Wrote:By the sound of it, you are the one who is going crazy. Clay was bad last year and Whitley was just as bad. both seem to be somewhat improved. Clay has probably only given up 300 yards rushing in the first 4 games combined ( albeit a couple of the teams were passing offenses) so I doubt Whitley has the success you are predicting. I believe it will be a close game again with the keys for Clay being; limiting turnovers and staying fresh on D. Cooler weather will be a plus. I guess we will see Friday night.

Im not crazy.

I will be absoloutly shocked if Whitley doesnt run for over 300 yards alone against Clay. If we racked up 450 yards against Russell County's defense im pretty sure we can do it against Clay.

Once again this isnt last year. Whitley even has upper classmen who came back out after taking a year or two off. Ill be in Manchester.

Any stat guys out there? What the overall record between these two for all time? The Rock fan a couple of weeks ago did it when we played them and it was fun to see. I know Whitley and Clay has had to of played at a minimum of 20 to 25 games.
BDC Wrote:I think Whitley will win this game, but why do you think they will score more points than they did against Rockastle? In that game Whitley completly shut down Rockastle on defense and managed 28 points. I look for a similar game against Clay.

Ask anyone that was at that game, including Rock fans and they'll tell you we should have scored atleast 50.

We had 5 TD's called back for flags. Im not disagreeing with the calls, but we will not make that mistake again.
Yes Whitley beat up on rock this year but let's face it rock this year is not the rock of old. They are way down so I wouldn't take much pride in a win over a team that is still trying to find itself. As far a clay goes WC will have a tough game with them they run the ball good an thier defense is pretty strong it will be a much better game that WC fans want to admitt!! Everyone talks about Hyde don't for get Dezarn runs the ball as hard as anyone that WC will play this year. With that I will take clay 27 - WC 21
^
I havent heard anyone on here bragging about the Rock win, and i know this is true because im the only Whitley fan on here, atleast the only one who has posted in a while.
Whitley will get there yards. As ive stated before, anything less than 300 rushing yards would surprise me. I watched the PCC/Clay game on WYMT and was not impressesed, but i will agree that Dezarn is much more valuable than Hyde.
Dezarn will not run the ball as hard as anyone else we will face. Britt, Polly, Collett, Middleton, the Somerset back, are just ones off the top of my head that i know are better.
Just simple facts.

If Clay does play it close, it will only be for a half. In that case Whitley pulls away in the 3rd and wins by atleast 3TD's, unless we just completely fail to show up.
Whitley by 30.
I've seen Whitley and Clay both and i'm telling you right now the only way this game stays close is if Whitley has another game with 3 or 4 td's called back. Clay has faced noone as physical as they are going to this friday.
RIUTG

So let me see if I am understanding you correctly...
Whitley completly outclasses Clay. Hyde and Dezarn are overrated. Whitley is coming to Clay on Friday and will completly run over them. McNeal, Carr, and the entire linebacking core aren't even good enough to be mentioned. This game won't be close...am I reading you correctly?
Pages: 1 2 3 4