Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 53 Prestonsburg 6
Hey, I wasn't slighting Chatlin in any way. He has delivered probably the biggest hits of the year for Prestonsburg. He's small, but he is fearless and he will absolutely but his butt making a play. When he gets a little older and a little bigger, he will be a beast. He's the kind of kid everyone enjoys watching play the game.

Sorry for the confusion...
Belfry came out mad after getting beat by Henry Clay
Tough night for the blackcats,it was a game of men against boys...The good news is Prestonsburg wont face another team of this caliber the rest of this season no matter how far go in the playoffs..which will not be very far if the defensive doesnt pick up.Prestonsburg does NOT benefit from playing teams that are cleary out of their leage,I am glad to see that Belfry is not on the scedule next year..Prestonsburg should still win their district..all is not lost..They are young at alot of key spots and hopefully they wont get their heads down.They still have to go to Hazard and play Pike Central twice at home...
I was going to give my observation about #33 after hearing about him on the Pburg/Belfry pregame prediction thread but after seeing the response Cat86 got from a very informative outlook of the game, I'll just keep my opinions to myself. I will say since the first comment about #33 (Chatlin) he has went from 100lbs to 120lbs. So looks like he is growing fast.

Second comment is BearCat88. Are you 100% sure these 2 aren't playing each other next year??? I hate to see this rivalry not continue. Why would you not reschedule Belfy. Playing good teams prepare you for the playoffs. Next year those 5 turnovers may be 5 touchdowns. I hope the coaching staff doesn't let 1 lop-sided loss scare them away from continueing this great rivalry.

Anyone know the last time the Blackcats lost a game with a running clock??
If Belfry is gonna compete with the Ashlands and Central teams(JC,Lou), they better work on there pass coverage. To many open receivers in the last two games. Unless your happy with just being second. The coachs need to put there friends on facebook and there players in the game.
I was suprised by Belfry's passing game in this one.
Doughboy304 Wrote:slow down mr. 304, i dont think sani has attempted to be "MR. EVERYTHING" in this game or the two previous games. the kid has played 3 games as a starter and has thrown 2 interceptions (no pick 6 or game losing pick), so slow down on slinging around judgments about a kid who has sat two years patiently, worked his tail off in every off season (even when he had no chance to replace the starting qb), and doesnt complain when he has pressure. belfry fans kill me! when the offense looks bad the qb is trying too hard, when they improve he is settling in. as for him believing the hype, he stays grounded in hard work, dedication, and focus. any "hype" about sani warren has been earned not given mr. 304. the "hype" is created by the fans and then when he doesnt throw 4 td's or run for 150 yards a game he's trying to do too much. it is a team sport and he plays it that way, always has from knee high so slow down pointing fingers making claims that a kid was trying to be "MR. EVERYTHING"

Never meant it to sound like that, at all. I wouldn't insult a kid who I know is a freak. The hype doesn't apply to that particular kid but the whole team. As far as Sani, I meant that he acted a little pressured during his first start. He is young, I'm not calling for Keaton to start or anything. We don't expect him to be Patrick Towles yet. I know that Sani is a monster at quarterback. I think, assuming you know who I am, I wouldn't wrongly judge Sani like that. I was just saying above that when everything settles in as far as receivers and chemistry we could have a dangerous multiple attack offense. I can see why that Mr. everything comment perturbed you but look at the time I posted it, probably should have worded it differently. Sani doesn't have to try too hard. I watched him grow as a kid and player for years now. I didn't expect him to throw for 400 yards in his first game, ya know? A lot of people did, and I think Sani felt like he needed to live up, you know?

And for that matter, the pass to Trenity Carr and two to Keaton really showed me that we, down the road, when the chemistry develops we will be deadly both running and passing.
Belfry really needs to focus more on their passing game in these next few games. I'm not saying we should bane the run,but whats gonna help us most when we get to the regional championship or even back to the state championship. Running the score up fast and let the clock continuously run out on us, against teams we should beat easlyTongueikeville,Sheldon Clark and East Ridge..our next three opponents. We all know we can and will run at ease against these foes. But who needs more reps(our receivers and QB). Need to let theses teams know that were working on our passing game if we have a three TD lead in the first quarter,go for it. Know better time to get better than on the field itself. Our receivers and backs need to know how to catch and run,need to throw the ball more now instead of when were down with four minutes to go in the game and then HOPE that its gonna work like we did last year.
Wow, I thought Prestonsburg would have kept it closer.
P-Burg is without there leader and Best player! B.WILLIAMS! P-Burg isint a bad team when healthy
bearcat88 Wrote:Tough night for the blackcats,it was a game of men against boys...The good news is Prestonsburg wont face another team of this caliber the rest of this season no matter how far go in the playoffs..which will not be very far if the defensive doesnt pick up.Prestonsburg does NOT benefit from playing teams that are cleary out of their leage,I am glad to see that Belfry is not on the scedule next year..Prestonsburg should still win their district..all is not lost..They are young at alot of key spots and hopefully they wont get their heads down.They still have to go to Hazard and play Pike Central twice at home...
Im pretty sure Belfry is on the schedule next season. These two teams always play each other, too much history between the programs, and coaches for them not to play each other. Its not like this serise is not competative, last four years each team has won the game twice.
Who says they are not playing next year? Where did that information come from?
From very strong sources, No Pburg, No Henry Clay, and No Ashland. Big holes to fill in Belfry's schedule! Harlan County is strongly being considered to move into one of those spots!
I have heard the same things in private from good sources but I didn't know if it was public info.

I guess it is safe for me to say that none of those 3 teams coming off our schedule was our choice. I can understand the Henry Clay game, that is a long way to travel, but there is no reason for Ashland or Prestonsburg to want out. It is such a good week of high school football when we play either of them and the crowds are good too.

I know Ashland doesn't like to travel, heck we used to travel there every year because they would pay you good to do so. I guess Prestonsburg feels like it is in their best interest to play somebody else, which is fine. I just hope we can attract some quality games to replace those.

Harlan Co would be ideal. Belfry would be the underdog but it would be a great test for them. I would like to see that become a long term contract. The gate would be huge and it would be some tough, hard hitting games IMO.

Give me my druthers and I'd like to add Ironton back to the schedule. My second choice would be Wayne WV.

I still think Letcher Central would be a good long term contract for both schools.
Perfect time to add Trinity, Highlands, and St X .. then drop Pikeville and play Cinci St X. ... or maybe the Browns ...
i believe belfry is the best football team around
TongueirateSho
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I have heard the same things in private from good sources but I didn't know if it was public info.

I guess it is safe for me to say that none of those 3 teams coming off our schedule was our choice. I can understand the Henry Clay game, that is a long way to travel, but there is no reason for Ashland or Prestonsburg to want out. It is such a good week of high school football when we play either of them and the crowds are good too.

I know Ashland doesn't like to travel, heck we used to travel there every year because they would pay you good to do so. I guess Prestonsburg feels like it is in their best interest to play somebody else, which is fine. I just hope we can attract some quality games to replace those.

Harlan Co would be ideal. Belfry would be the underdog but it would be a great test for them. I would like to see that become a long term contract. The gate would be huge and it would be some tough, hard hitting games IMO.

Give me my druthers and I'd like to add Ironton back to the schedule. My second choice would be Wayne WV.

I still think Letcher Central would be a good long term contract for both schools.

i dont think Wayne will play because if they lose it hurts them in WV,but maybe a Dobbens Bennitt from Kingsport or Science Hill from Johnson City or Richlands WV of a GW that played Ashland
Belfry0304 Wrote:Perfect time to add Trinity, Highlands, and St X .. then drop Pikeville and play Cinci St X. ... or maybe the Browns ...
Mods, please issue 0304 a citation for PWI. :thatsfunn
I'm telling you, if Brandon Weeden started Belfry could play with the Browns.
Congrats to the Pirates!!

Back to the drawing board for the Blackcats. Practice should be nothing but tackle, tackle, tackle, and then tackle. I know a lot of fans hearts didnt want to admitt to it, but in our heads we knew this was comeing. The Blackcats are young. I think 28 of the 44 players listed on the roster are Freshman & Sophmores. The good news is we have 6 games to go before playoff's start. These young guys will grow a lot between now & then.

Good luck the rest of the way Pirates.

Hate to hear that Belfry will not be on the schedule next year. IMO, this is a game we need for the rivalry & competition. I know it was a lop sided game this year, but it has not been in years past. 2-2 the last 4 games.
I'd love to see Prestonsburg continue to schedule Belfry, but I can't blame the Pburg side if they want to end the rivalry for the time being because the Blackcats simply cannot compete with Belfry right now.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd love to see Prestonsburg continue to schedule Belfry, but I can't blame the Pburg side if they want to end the rivalry for the time being because the Blackcats simply cannot compete with Belfry right now.
See ya next year, BCA.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'd love to see Prestonsburg continue to schedule Belfry, but I can't blame the Pburg side if they want to end the rivalry for the time being because the Blackcats simply cannot compete with Belfry right now.

This is the case this year, and probably next as Belfry will be stacked again in 2013, but in 2014 I think the Pirates will take a noticeable step back as they bring the next wave of talent along. It seems Pburg is very young right now so I would think the gap would close significantly in two years.
So, who is the Defensive Coordinator at Prestonsburg now? Is it still coach James?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is the case this year, and probably next as Belfry will be stacked again in 2013, but in 2014 I think the Pirates will take a noticeable step back as they bring the next wave of talent along. It seems Pburg is very young right now so I would think the gap would close significantly in two years.

Maybe in 2 years Prestonsburg can make it competitive, but as of right now Belfry is way too good for Prestonsburg to take anything positive away from a game with them.

BCF4L Wrote:So, who is the Defensive Coordinator at Prestonsburg now? Is it still coach James?

Yes, it's coach James.
BCF4L Wrote:So, who is the Defensive Coordinator at Prestonsburg now? Is it still coach James?

According to the points they have allowed No One....

This is typical of this coaching staff. They dropped Pikeville when they saw they didn't have a chance last year. They no longer play Breathitt and now dropping Belfry. I don't understand why you would drop a Rivalry game thats a 1 hour drive to play a weak team 3 hours away. I know everyone wants to win but I think good competitions builds good teams and gets them ready for playoffs. Who cares if you finish 10-1 every year. I guess the saying is right "if you don't let them win every now and then they will quit playing with you". :moon:
Ike Cooter Wrote:According to the points they have allowed No One....

This is typical of this coaching staff. They dropped Pikeville when they saw they didn't have a chance last year. They no longer play Breathitt and now dropping Belfry. I don't understand why you would drop a Rivalry game thats a 1 hour drive to play a weak team 3 hours away. I know everyone wants to win but I think good competitions builds good teams and gets them ready for playoffs. Who cares if you finish 10-1 every year. I guess the saying is right "if you don't let them win every now and then they will quit playing with you". :moon:

Pikeville dropped Prestonsburg.

I'm sure Pikeville will come calling after this season.
Prestonsburg plays Pikeville in week 0..replacing Perry Central...Knox Co. replaces Belfry..
The O line coach needs to rally his troops. Pburg's O line was consistently whipped by Belfry's MASSIVE front 3 that averages about 5'10" and 165 lbs.
Belfry has two really great assistance coachs in Tackett and Rowe. Thats one of the reasons we have so much success, season after season. Take these two coachs away from Haywood, and I really don't know how good we would be. Varney is also a good coach with his linebackers. These guys do a great job in my opinion.