Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
First, If Johnson is some much better why is he at home and Hall going to Rupp?

Second, why IU coach at the game if he not a D1 player?
Hall and Johnson are both good players, yet thay have a way to go before they're considered true D-1 recruits. I noticed Hall plays a lot of Defense with his hands down and he depends on his jumping ability rather than blocking out. Also, he has a tendency to dribble in the lane. All of these are very fixable, but he needs to attend a Big Man Camp to work on these things as well as his foot work. I realize he won't be a 5 man in college, but he has 2 more years of High School, and he needs to dominate rather than play just slightly better than the competition.
I like the kid, he has tremendous raw ability. He just needs to disipline his game and learn from a big mans eyes on what and what not to do. One more thing, secondary shot blocking......learn to block a shot with a teammate between you and the shooter.
I saw Shane Hall play live, Monday. This guy is every bit of a 4-star recruit. He is the real deal.
Shane Hall will be a Wiltjer style player in college. He is ust not strong enough to bang in the paint that is why Johnson Dominates him every time they play. If Johnson grows two or three more inches then he will be big time. If hall can get some muscle on him, and develop a attitude of liking contact then he will be big time. \
I can only echo what others have said..Great kid, great talent...Id love to see him add 40-50 pounds....I really hope he does and wish him the best of luck..
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Shane Hall will be a Wiltjer style player in college. He is ust not strong enough to bang in the paint that is why Johnson Dominates him every time they play. If Johnson grows two or three more inches then he will be big time. If hall can get some muscle on him, and develop a attitude of liking contact then he will be big time. \

Wilt is a pop out 3 shooter most of the time and doesn't play defense for the most part.

Hall is a straight slasher and doesn't shoot the 3, bad comparison.
Hall is the only D1 player in the region. Hes a sophomore, only natural that he is skinny and weak. if he gains 10-15 lbs a year he will be just fine when hes a freshman in college.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Shane Hall will be a Wiltjer style player in college. He is ust not strong enough to bang in the paint that is why Johnson Dominates him every time they play. If Johnson grows two or three more inches then he will be big time. If hall can get some muscle on him, and develop a attitude of liking contact then he will be big time. \

Gonna disagree with ya on this one bubby. Hall has absolutely zero game behind the arch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:Wilt is a pop out 3 shooter most of the time and doesn't play defense for the most part.

Hall is a straight slasher and doesn't shoot the 3, bad comparison.
very bad!! Kyle is a good player, But hall is much quicker!!
IMO Hall is a good player, stands out in this area due to his size and ability to score. He is still very young and could grow some more and could improve his game a lot... I just think people get a little carried away with it all... saw a post on facebook where someone was comparing Hall to Rex Chapman and talking about how Coach Cal needed to get to JCHS to see Hall play. lol
People are jumping the gun by a bit talking about Cal and UK..People are just getting carried away with the whole "Local boy done good" angle..No one roots for a local boy more than me but you have to be honest and subjective too..Another year and a half and we'll know something..
Shane Hall IS NOT a 4 star. He can dunk. thats it. Like Kosongo. Of course he can stick out around here cause there isnt much talent. Anyone his size can form a shot and be called a 4 star. He WILL NOT go D1, he will get posterized because his skin and bones against those black guys speed and muscle will send him right back to UPike like it did Landon Slone
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Shane Hall IS NOT a 4 star. He can dunk. thats it. Like Kosongo. Of course he can stick out around here cause there isnt much talent. Anyone his size can form a shot and be called a 4 star. He WILL NOT go D1, he will get posterized because his skin and bones against those black guys speed and muscle will send him right back to UPike like it did Landon Slone

Give the kid 2 years in the weight room and 60 more games and I believe he will go to a big school. Personally I would love to see a mountain kid go to UK and do well. Also goes for the rest of the potential players in the mountains.
Ok people. I have two questions because I can't find the answers anywhere else.

1. What is JC's Shane Hall's height AND weight, along with class.
2. What is SC's Justin Johnson's height and weight, along with class.

--Ray Kasongo's numbers are 6'8, 245 and a Junior.

Just trying to compare the 3 D1 recruits we have in our Region.
vundy33 Wrote:Ok people. I have two questions because I can't find the answers anywhere else.

Hall and Johnson are in the same class
vundy33 Wrote:Ok people. I have two questions because I can't find the answers anywhere else.

Shane Hall is listed at 6'8 and 185 on ESPN. I would guess his weight is closer to 200. Hall is a sophomore.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...shane-hall

Justin Johnson is listed at 6'5 and 190 on ESPN. I would guess his weight would be north of 200 and perhaps around 215. Johnson is also a sophomore.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basket...in-johnson

Not trying to be smart or anything... but I never realized Johnson was being recruited by any D1 schools.
Hall is listed as 185..
By a wiltjer style player I meant his attitude, and lankyness. Not jumpshooting.
itzAmazing Wrote:

What did I say? The kid can dunk. That's it. The whole video was dunks that no one contested, along with a couple of put backs. UH OH HE HAS AN IFFENSIVE BOARD. TYLER HANSBOROUGH IN THE MAKING. He is not going to UK. if he goes you can throw my own computer at me. He's too slow, weak, and white.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:What did I say? The kid can dunk. That's it. The whole video was dunks that no one contested, along with a couple of put backs. UH OH HE HAS AN IFFENSIVE BOARD. TYLER HANSBOROUGH IN THE MAKING. He is not going to UK. if he goes you can throw my own computer at me. He's too slow, weak, and white.

He can handle it pretty well for a big guy. He shoots it pretty well. He has two years to put on weight. The "black guy" at East Ridge did not "dominate" him. He GOT dominated by him. UK just signed a player in Derek Willis who is basically a year older version of Shane Hall (and if you watch HIS highlights, he also looks slow, weak, and white). He might not go to UK, but he will have an offer to go at least mid-major D-1 if he so chooses.
LCDawg Wrote:Not trying to be smart or anything... but I never realized Johnson was being recruited by any D1 schools.

Just assumed because of all the praise and predictions the SC fans post...2*, then. :Thumbs:
Johnson went to Hoosier Maddness and has been contacted by a few big ten schools i have no idea if he has any offers. And Derek Willis can flat out shott the three. shane cant.
This thread is drawing close to the border of racism.
This thread is about Shane Hall so lets keep it focused on him. He is a young kid, so all the negative comments here need to stop. The D-1 coaches seem to disagree with all the "experts"on this thread. No wonder basketball is so weak in the 15th with this type of mentality.

Shane is one if not the most talented player to come out of the 15th. He has the size and athletisim combination no other player has. If Shane comes as far as in his last two years as he has in his first two, look out! I know some of his critics are from other schools and hate to see anyone from another school excel, and I know they are dreading him for two more years.
MonsterMan Wrote:This thread is about Shane Hall so lets keep it focused on him. He is a young kid, so all the negative comments here need to stop. The D-1 coaches seem to disagree with all the "experts"on this thread. No wonder basketball is so weak in the 15th with this type of mentality.

Shane is one if not the most talented player to come out of the 15th. He has the size and athletisim combination no other player has. If Shane comes as far as in his last two years as he has in his first two, look out! I know some of his critics are from other schools and hate to see anyone from another school excel, and I know they are dreading him for two more years.

I liked what you were saying until this point.

IDK about all that.
MonsterMan Wrote:This thread is about Shane Hall so lets keep it focused on him. He is a young kid, so all the negative comments here need to stop. The D-1 coaches seem to disagree with all the "experts"on this thread. No wonder basketball is so weak in the 15th with this type of mentality.

Maybe at the present.

But, as far as the past........:please:

Not even close.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Panther Thunder Wrote:This thread is drawing close to the border of racism.

lolwhat? Unsuccessful trolling..
vundy33 Wrote:lolwhat? Unsuccessful trolling..
I am not trying to "troll". When you start bringing race in as a factor in terms of performance and likelihood of success at a certain activity, then you are walking a very dangerous line.