Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shane Hall ESPN 4 Star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Congrats big guy. Keep working.Here is a link:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...shane-hall
Im not sure on the 4 star just yet but Hall can dunk HARD!
Awesome!!
Tailback44 Wrote:Im not sure on the 4 star just yet but Hall can dunk HARD!

He is in no way a four star caliber player, if he is four star Trevor Tiller might as well go on to the draft, as well as B.J. Moore. But he has a HUGE amount of potential if he is properly coached for the next few years. Also gonna add he is nowhere near 6'8"
Well according to the scouts at ESPN he is a 4 star
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is in no way a four star caliber player, if he is four star Trevor Tiller might as well go on to the draft, as well as B.J. Moore. But he has a HUGE amount of potential if he is properly coached for the next few years. Also gonna add he is nowhere near 6'8"

Why not just say congratulations to the kid, instead of trying to bring him down.
I don't know much about Tiller or Moore I am sure there very good, but when I clicked on the link I didn't see their names listed.

Congratulations Shane!
Shane is the real deal, 4 star talent he is just one star away from kentucky talent.

congrats!!!
Congrats to Shane. This is an outstanding achievement.
Armchair QB Wrote:Why not just say congratulations to the kid, instead of trying to bring him down.
I don't know much about Tiller or Moore I am sure there very good, but when I clicked on the link I didn't see their names listed.

Congratulations Shane!

Great post and 100% agree.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is in no way a four star caliber player, if he is four star Trevor Tiller might as well go on to the draft, as well as B.J. Moore. But he has a HUGE amount of potential if he is properly coached for the next few years. Also gonna add he is nowhere near 6'8"

Let's see my friend. He went to the top 100 ESPN sophomore camp, they measured him at 6'8". They just didn't throw a number out there. He has also been invited to an unofficial visit to Purdue on Oct 1.
Some names in the video:

# 213 Leron Black
# 97 Cliff Alexander
# 203 Quentin Snyder

Great accomplishment by Shane!
I wouldn't say he's a 4 star now..but he has the potential to be a very good player from what I've seen.
He's a 4 star in comparison with the others in his class. Not in comparison with all high school players.
He made the All-Star game for the Super Soph Camp.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...star-game/
Lafayette's Jackson Davis was also named a 4 star recruit by ESPN.
Congrats to Hall it is well deserved!
Congrats Shane. Pay no attention to naysayers. Jealously Keep up good work Think ESPN knows more than these guys LOL
He's listed as the #5 PF!
I would say he is easily one of the top players in his class throughout the state if not the top! As for being 4 star, do all of you know more about recruiting then the people who put these lists together? Do you see everyone they see when comparing these guys? They know what they are talking about and if they say Shane is a 4 star guy, then I'll take there word for it! I've seen the boy play, maybe the most athletic kid I've seen come through the mountains in a long time with the exception of maybe Elisha. Fact is he has worked hard all of his life and its paying off, a mountain kid is getting recognized because the mountain programs are catching up to the times. Congrats Shane, now work your ass off and become a 5 star recruit!
Since coaching changes at both schools took place Im hoping he comes back to his hometown and plays for Pburg next season.
As for the 4 star rank, good job, keep up the good work, and maybe you'll get that 5th star by time you are a senior..... Gotta add some weight, and improve upper body strength though.
king360 Wrote:I wouldn't say he's a 4 star now..but he has the potential to be a very good player from what I've seen.

Exactly he has a unbelieveable amount of raw talent. The only problem I see is that I don't know if anyone around here really knows how to coach his position. I would love to see J.R. get ahold of this kid and unlock his full potential. He could very well be a four star a few years from now, But there is still alot of developing for him to do.
bball_fan Wrote:I would say he is easily one of the top players in his class throughout the state if not the top! As for being 4 star, do all of you know more about recruiting then the people who put these lists together? Do you see everyone they see when comparing these guys? They know what they are talking about and if they say Shane is a 4 star guy, then I'll take there word for it! I've seen the boy play, maybe the most athletic kid I've seen come through the mountains in a long time with the exception of maybe Elisha. Fact is he has worked hard all of his life and its paying off, a mountain kid is getting recognized because the mountain programs are catching up to the times. Congrats Shane, now work your ass off and become a 5 star recruit!

Good post! :Thumbs: All except the part where you said he's getting recognized because mountain schools are catching up to the times. No disrespect, but this kid wouldn't be ranked at all if it weren't for the AAU circuit.
LClion4life Wrote:Good post! :Thumbs: All except the part where you said he's getting recognized because mountain schools are catching up to the times. No disrespect, but this kid wouldn't be ranked at all if it weren't for the AAU circuit.

The AAU circuit and camps is where the rankings come from. People don't realise that more often than not the ESPN ranking are based off of exposure more than just talent. Its not as bad in basketball as it is in football, but trust me Mr. Hall will have his pick of schools when the time comes.
Of course.
Good Luck and Best Wishes!
Shane remindes me of Timmy Knipp at this age. I think Shane is a little more athletic than Timmy at this stage. Timmy became a player because he had a lot of talent around him with Ferguson and the twins, and wasn't expected to carry all the load at an early age. I hope Shane can have some players around him to lighten the burden of trying to carry the team every night. Good luck and congrats.
Very happy to hear this about Shane. He is a great kid with a great family. His potential is extremely high. And yes, he is a legit 6'8.
No one is jealous.. Just because we all do not agree that Shane is a 4 star player doesn't mean that we don't believe he is a great player and want him to suceed. I don't think anyone on here would say he is not a great player and one of the elite in the region and state but some of just believe he isn't a 4 star player at the moment and maybe the ranking is based more on his athleticism. I'd love to seem him bloom into a great player and play at a major college and maybe even on to the next level and it may happen who knows. But I just do not see him as a 4 Star PF based on last season. I thought he was around 6'6 or 6'7 which is not the perfect height to play PF at the next level. He is also no where near as filled out as he needs to be altough he is young. I could see him playing more of a SF if he could develop his ball handling skills and his mid range game. And for all the posters claiming we have no idea what we are talking about saying he is no 4 star PF I would think most are comparing him to other 4 star players such as Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Eric Bledsoe, Doron Lamb and Peyton Siva. In my eyes he is no where near the level of these players but then again I don't work at ESPN.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6