Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Perry get hosed in the Region at Knott?
So you think mikey hall is a good ref. I hear his brother is one of the biggest bookies in johnson co, go figure.
HeGotGame Wrote:How do you have this much free time?

Its a saturday and it only toom a minute or 2 Smile
BIGDADDY B Wrote:So you think mikey hall is a good ref. I hear his brother is one of the biggest bookies in johnson co, go figure.

There is not enough fingers and toes to count all the past incidents of corruption with officials in the 13th. I have always been told that Perry administration wants 16th all the time because the powers that be have connections and control over the officials there.
The official word is : If Perry Central loses the regional tournament it is because they got hosed. It is not humanly possible for them to lose fair and square. If you don't believe me, just ask them.
^^lol.
If we lose it's because the other team was better, I don't care if all the refs are from Knott county or if they're from Mars.
Game will be decided by the play of the players on the court or maybe a coaches gameplan. at least that's what I thought, could be wrong.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:if we lose it's because the other team was better, i don't care if all the refs are from knott county or if they're from mars.
thats all i want is a fair game. It would not bother me to lose to a better team. But that kind of stuff that happend at breathitt two years ago was'nt fair the refs decided that game. What
worse is pcc could have beat butler but instead an inferior team went. This is one of the reasons our region does so crappy at the state is we only send the best team part of the time.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:thats all i want is a fair game. It would not bother me to lose to a better team. But that kind of stuff that happend at breathitt two years ago was'nt fair the refs decided that game. What
worse is pcc could have beat butler but instead an inferior team went. This is one of the reasons our region does so crappy at the state is we only send the best team part of the time.

2 Years ago at Breathitt I saw an epic meltdown for PCC...
they missed FTs...
they couldn't get the ball inbounds....
and they missed shots...

That is the ONLY reason why Knott County had the opportunity to come back.
If they had even made 1 FT at the end of that one the game would have been completely different.
If they had got the ball inbounds....
there wouldn't have been time for a comeback.

Refs didn't decide that one, nor will they decide this one.
zaga_fan Wrote:2 Years ago at Breathitt I saw an epic meltdown for PCC...
they missed FTs...
and they missed shots...

If they had even made 1 FT at the end of that one the game would have been completely different.

Very well said.
The refs in the 15th are a joke.They favor some players and teams to lift them up to the Lex hearld.Justice is a great player but we all know that the refs play to these players. Watched Shane hall of johnson central get a rebound slam that he used another players sholder to lift himself up.Watched Kosongo of east ridge goal tend no call. Refs dont call games fair in 15th none of them thats fact.
zaga_fan Wrote:2 Years ago at Breathitt I saw an epic meltdown for PCC...
they missed FTs...
and they missed shots...

So I guess you think that sending a team all the way to the other end to shoot freethrows with almost no time is fair. You are right about the mistakes they made but the refs kept them close enough to have a chance. Right off the bat they called two cheap ones on Chris Noble, best perimeter defender. Then when Cornett started eating them up they called cheap ones on him, yet they were climbing all over his back. All he had to do was swipe at the ball to get a foul called. Then when KCC made most of their shots half PCC team had already fouled out. Souds like your a KCC fan, were you even at the game or did you watch it on TV. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this stuff goes on all the time whether they want to admit it or not.
HeGotGame Wrote:Very well said.

Were you even at the game ?
I watched the game on television. Perry Central choked at the end. The refs did not take it. Knott Central won fair and square. Sounds like you are a biased PCC fan. The idea that PCC was a superior team to Knott Central is also ludicrous. Both were evenly matched.
[quote=BIGDADDY B]Were you even at the game ?[/QUOTE yes hahah Yes, closer than you were I'm sure and Zaga Fan is definitely a PCC fan.
That was 2 years ago, you are being rediculous. Get over it!
BIGDADDY B Wrote:So I guess you think that sending a team all the way to the other end to shoot freethrows with almost no time is fair. You are right about the mistakes they made but the refs kept them close enough to have a chance. Right off the bat they called two cheap ones on Chris Noble, best perimeter defender. Then when Cornett started eating them up they called cheap ones on him, yet they were climbing all over his back. All he had to do was swipe at the ball to get a foul called. Then when KCC made most of their shots half PCC team had already fouled out. Souds like your a KCC fan, were you even at the game or did you watch it on TV. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this stuff goes on all the time whether they want to admit it or not.

I've been called a lot of things on this board....
however....
never a Knott Central fan lol
Knott Co. has a good team, but I believe Perry Central is on another level.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:So I guess you think that sending a team all the way to the other end to shoot freethrows with almost no time is fair. You are right about the mistakes they made but the refs kept them close enough to have a chance. Right off the bat they called two cheap ones on Chris Noble, best perimeter defender. Then when Cornett started eating them up they called cheap ones on him, yet they were climbing all over his back. All he had to do was swipe at the ball to get a foul called. Then when KCC made most of their shots half PCC team had already fouled out. Souds like your a KCC fan, were you even at the game or did you watch it on TV. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows this stuff goes on all the time whether they want to admit it or not.

I was front row for that game big guy.
And as soon as Stamper's first FT went in I grabbed my wife and sister by the hand and said "let's get out of here before they start fighting"

People can say all they want about Perry Central fans on here.
About how we say can't lose fair, we say everyone cheats, we start arguments with everyone...
But I have been a constant voice for the Commodores on here for a few years and I look at everything without the Red and Black googles everyone assumes we look through.

I know that sending a kid to the FT line for a loose ball foul that's 95 ft from the basket with the game tied is a TOUGH pill to swallow. Or even the year before when the game went into overtime because of the goaltending call that blew everyone's mind....
But the fact remains that refs are paid to make calls as long as that clock is ticking.

And as sure as I'm typing this right now....Dustin Brewer fouled Stuart Stamper after Corey Martin missed what would have been the dagger in the hearts of Knott Central fans.
And as long as there was time on that clock the ref has to make that call.

There are 2 rules that people have made up over the years that are nowhere in the NFHS rulebook.

#1) Let them play.

#2) In the last minute you swallow your whistle and let the players decide it.

You call the last minute like the first. Refs aren't there to make anyone happy. They're there to see that games are played within the confines of the rules.

When everyone understands that...
we won't have to hear this crap about people getting hosed.
HeGotGame Wrote:[quote=BIGDADDY B]Were you even at the game ?[/QUOTE yes hahah Yes, closer than you were I'm sure and Zaga Fan is definitely a PCC fan.
That was 2 years ago, you are being rediculous. Get over it!

I will get over it when people stop buying games. PCC has a 10-15 point better team but the fix is on. Mikey Hall is a known gambler and his brother is the biggest bookie in Johnson Co. I don't know if he can help them enough but you just wait and see he will ref the game and he will try and help KCC maybe not with the most obvious things to the untrained eye but thats how these guys like him get away with it. Hey I got an idea what if he didn't ref that game. I'll bet you anything he does and just watch. If you are really an unbiased fan like me just watch and see.
zaga_fan Wrote:I've been called a lot of things on this board....
however....
never a Knott Central fan lol

Tell the truth, you are actually a Patriot fan at heart. All a Commodore is a fancy word for Patriot. LOL.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:I will get over it when people stop buying games. PCC has a 10-15 point better team but the fix is on. Mikey Hall is a known gambler and his brother is the biggest bookie in Johnson Co. I don't know if he can help them enough but you just wait and see he will ref the game and he will try and help KCC maybe not with the most obvious things to the untrained eye but thats how these guys like him get away with it. Hey I got an idea what if he didn't ref that game. I'll bet you anything he does and just watch. If you are really an unbiased fan like me just watch and see.

:dudecomeon:
BIGDADDY B Wrote:[quote=HeGotGame]

I will get over it when people stop buying games. PCC has a 10-15 point better team but the fix is on. Mikey Hall is a known gambler and his brother is the biggest bookie in Johnson Co. I don't know if he can help them enough but you just wait and see he will ref the game and he will try and help KCC maybe not with the most obvious things to the untrained eye but thats how these guys like him get away with it. Hey I got an idea what if he didn't ref that game. I'll bet you anything he does and just watch. If you are really an unbiased fan like me just watch and see.

I have had my suspicions in the past concerning games being fixed but I do not know that for a fact. I did not see money change hands or any other questionable activities between referees and school officials. You talk about buying games and you are naming names and making personal accusations about people that borderline on slander and you are stating it as fact. If you polled the schools and fans in the 14th region of who they feared the most concerning games being fixed, two of the most common names to come up would be two schools located in the confines of the Hazard City Limits. They may have never done anything to merit these accusations but that doesn't change public opinion.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Tell the truth, you are actually a Patriot fan at heart. All a Commodore is a fancy word for Patriot. LOL.

ah boys...
LOL......I don't know who the refs will be for that game but I sure hope they are reading all of this. Maybe they will say "If we're going to be accused of it, we just as well do it." And just in case you are reading, I love 15th region refs as do most of the KCC fans. :Thumbs:
The 13th region used to have some very tainted referees imo, but I believe many of them have retired. Hopefully that region has cleaned the bad eggs out. Most of the suspicious ones were actually very good officials, just dirty when they wanted to be. Some of them even called a few state tournaments.

In a close game a 3 second call here, a no-call there, a wrong block call, etc, can make a HUGE difference when two teams are fairly even in talent. To say referees don't sometimes (but not often) make a difference in some games is ludricrous. It happens.
Perry by 10 if Knott's cheerleaders ref the game
zaga_fan Wrote:I was front row for that game big guy.
And as soon as Stamper's first FT went in I grabbed my wife and sister by the hand and said "let's get out of here before they start fighting"

People can say all they want about Perry Central fans on here.
About how we say can't lose fair, we say everyone cheats, we start arguments with everyone...
But I have been a constant voice for the Commodores on here for a few years and I look at everything without the Red and Black googles everyone assumes we look through.

I know that sending a kid to the FT line for a loose ball foul that's 95 ft from the basket with the game tied is a TOUGH pill to swallow. Or even the year before when the game went into overtime because of the goaltending call that blew everyone's mind....
But the fact remains that refs are paid to make calls as long as that clock is ticking.

And as sure as I'm typing this right now....Dustin Brewer fouled Stuart Stamper after Corey Martin missed what would have been the dagger in the hearts of Knott Central fans.
And as long as there was time on that clock the ref has to make that call.

There are 2 rules that people have made up over the years that are nowhere in the NFHS rulebook.

#1) Let them play.

#2) In the last minute you swallow your whistle and let the players decide it.

You call the last minute like the first. Refs aren't there to make anyone happy. They're there to see that games are played within the confines of the rules.

When everyone understands that...
we won't have to hear this crap about people getting hosed.

Best post ever, IMO!! As for bold he didnt foul him, he killed him. PCC choked, PEROID!!! NO EXCUSES!!!! This is really the worst thread ive ever seen(besides mine last nite over PCC/HC, LOL) and we have 3 pages on it. Im done with this thread and if pcc loses then get better.....
ANEWPAT Wrote:LOL......I don't know who the refs will be for that game but I sure hope they are reading all of this. Maybe they will say "If we're going to be accused of it, we just as well do it." And just in case you are reading, I love 15th region refs as do most of the KCC fans. :Thumbs:

I'd say you do like the 15th region refs and I wonder why? I wonder why the KCC & HHS game got the 15th region refs and the Buckhorn Sheldon Clark game got the Lexington officials and not vice versa. Oh and by the way that last 3 by Davis was actually a two, they should have lost to HHS but I understand why you like them because they are always giving KCC the breaks.
ANEWPAT Wrote:LOL......I don't know who the refs will be for that game but I sure hope they are reading all of this. Maybe they will say "If we're going to be accused of it, we just as well do it." And just in case you are reading, I love 15th region refs as do most of the KCC fans. :Thumbs:

Us Letcher County people love 15th region refs too. Mike Hall always does a good job as does the Webb guy.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:The 13th region used to have some very tainted referees imo, but I believe many of them have retired. Hopefully that region has cleaned the bad eggs out. Most of the suspicious ones were actually very good officials, just dirty when they wanted to be. Some of them even called a few state tournaments.

In a close game a 3 second call here, a no-call there, a wrong block call, etc, can make a HUGE difference when two teams are fairly even in talent. To say referees don't sometimes (but not often) make a difference in some games is ludricrous. It happens.

You may be correct concerning the 13th region. Some of the younger officials do a good job. I have seen none of the older names in a while.