Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg vs Harlan Ind. (2nd rd) 11/11
Dr. B Wrote:Williamsburg has a high powered offense so if Harlan D plays the way it did agains Leslie Co. then they will win but you have to contain Sizemore!!!...You cant let him run all over the field on you... If Harlan comes to play i think they win in a close one but if not Williamsburg wins big!!

I think you are right about Williamsburg's offense. I think if our offense doesn't show up like at Leslie Co. then it could be a real close,low scoring game. Maybe like Williamsburg/Berea or Harlan/Leslie. But when our offense does show up it is even more high powered than Williamsburg's. If that happens it could be like the first meeting or worse. We have had,IMO,3 games where we had offensive problems and that was Leslie,Hazard and Corbin and all three teams had really good defenses. I don't count the Pikeville game because we did have 2 and some say 3 TD's called back in that game and Pikeville has a nice defense too. I don't think Williamsburg played as hard of a schedule as we did and they really struggled the last 6 games. But in their defense I will say that they did find ways to win the close ones and that is key for them if they can stay close in this game to the end. Also, if for some reason our defense don't show up then Williamsburg could run away with this game. But I don't forsee that happening. Our linebackers are really gettin after it now and we are getting good pressure off the edges. Our defense,I think,is the key to this game because it has really improved of late and will,hopefully,be the deciding factor in this game. But any kind of win at Williamsburg will be a big win.
^
I agree with you... you have to contain Sizemore though getting presure to him does no good.. When LC played Wburg we got pressure to him and when we did he ran for 30yards everytime... Sizemore is a great QB he can do it all run and pass.. If you contain him and your offense plays decent then i think Harlan wins
I cant wait to hear updates on this one as well. I hope and expect harlan to win because they are the better team and should really have no trouble in this game as they win between 10 and 14 points.
Dr. B Wrote:^
I agree with you... you have to contain Sizemore though getting presure to him does no good.. When LC played Wburg we got pressure to him and when we did he ran for 30yards everytime... Sizemore is a great QB he can do it all run and pass.. If you contain him and your offense plays decent then i think Harlan wins

That's where everyone doing their particular job comes in. Each rusher has to cover his running lane and tackle with terminality by hitting hard,low and wrapping up. They do that and they will be successful. I think if you can keep good coverage on Griffith and contain Sizemore you have taken 70% of the offensive capability away from them. Sizemore seems to either pass to Griffith or Hamblin or run. The Dragon's know the task ahead of them. They just need to respond and attack. If they they come out lazy they will get beat. I don't think they will. I think they will rise to the occasion and take care of business. Our three senior's ain't through yet. GO DRAGONS!!!
I just realized that if Williamsburg wins this game they will have homefield advantage in the next game which will probably be against Hazard. I guess any litttle bit of help would be good but It may not mean a whole lot against a team like Hazard. Something to get pumped up for in this game I guess.
I don't think the Dragons, or their coach, will look back to the last game with Williamsburg and automatically assume they will win. Both teams will look different than the first matchup.

I do believe Harlan is more talented, their qb is more battle tested, and they will win because of it.

I'll say Harlan by 14.
Good Luck Dragons....hoping both teams bring home a win this week.
Should be a good game but, I do look for the Dragons to come out on top in this one. I think that if this one was at Harlan it would not be as close but, since this one is at Williamsburg it will be a 1 TD game.

Harlan - 28

Williamsburg - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Massey computer rankings matchup says Harlan 33 Williamsburg 26. I'll take that if it happens.
Dragonsdad Wrote:Massey computer rankings matchup says Harlan 33 Williamsburg 26. I'll take that if it happens.

I am gonna say that my friend Coach Heron rights the ship and finishes the deal this time around. Leading the game most of the game first time around with a very young team Williamsburg team gets it done today! Good luck to both teams and have a great game....gotta love this time of the year on Friday nights.
Game is now 7 hours away. The Dragon's are psyched. Get'em boy's!!!! GO BIG GREEN!!!!
Harlan By 2tds
Trenches07 Wrote:I am gonna say that my friend Coach Heron rights the ship and finishes the deal this time around. Leading the game most of the game first time around with a very young team Williamsburg team gets it done today! Good luck to both teams and have a great game....gotta love this time of the year on Friday nights.

In the first game Williamsburg only led the game briefly in the 2nd quarter at 14-6 and before the half Harlan score 22 points to go up 28-14 at the half. Williamsburg scored early in the second half to make it 28-22 and then Harlan scored twice in the 4th to go up by the final score of 41-22. Both of Williamsburgs TD's in the first half came on back to back long downfield passes to Skylar Griffith. After that Harlan made defensive adjustments and that never happened again. If Harlan has the right defensive scheme tonight I think they win. If they play the right defense and the offense starts to click then it could be worse than the first time. If not then Williamsburg could certainly win the game. A slight edge goes to the Dragons in this one even though Williamsburg is at home.
I am looking for a big night from #24 on the Dragons Defense, if he plays well I think he can put a great deal of pressure on Sizemore. It's getting close to game time. GO BIG GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!
If someone could provide updates, it would be much appreciated. Not sure if it will be streamed on line anywhere and I live out of state. Green by 14+. Go Dragons!
Don't forget Corey Shelton. Smile
Wow, you were really off with this one.
Sooo proud of my Jackets! We ARE a young team but we have talent, determination and heart. Most of the freshmen have been playing some form of organized ball together since they were 4 years old. That really says a lot. I'm sure that all of the Harlan fans love their team as much as the Williamsburg fans love our team, but it sure feels good when all you hear is how Harlan is the better team and we beat them as big as we did. Good luck to all next year.