Poll: Who You Got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Central Hawks
36.99%
Breathitt County Bobcats
63.01%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Pike Central @ #1 Breathitt County (3A 2nd Round)
I think the biggest factor of this game will be Pike Centrals air attack against the pass defense of Breathitt. If Cox, Fletcher, Trent, and Hayes of Breathitt can shut down Hopkins, Pugh, Shouse, and Mac of Pike then I believe Breathit will be able to cruise to the victroy. Im not downgrading the play of Justin Smith for Pike Central he is a good athlete but Pike Central doesnt use him as a rusher quite as much as they pass. I look for Pike Central to make Breathitt rely more on their passing game and vice-versa for Breathitt.

Breathitt - 35
Pike Central - 21
Pike Central's Defense is looking great this year. The linebackers are some of the best I've seen in the mountains. And I think they can hold off the Bobcats. Boggs and the Offense will soar through the air.
PC 45
BC 20
Will this game be able to be heard online anywhere? I live out of state and have ties to the Breathitt program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Ok I am again making a change on my prediction

Pike County Central 35
B-County 34
Massey has Breathitt's SOS @ 18 in 3A and Pike Central @ 23
http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/r.../CFB76225/
http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/r...Boys/2011/
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Bring your ear plugs! Smile
airball3 Wrote:Bring your ear plugs! Smile

Wish I could be there for this game. I enjoy the style of offense and Defense JPC uses and I will root for my old school (Breathitt) till the day I die. The only game that I can look @ in which a JPC coached team played Breathitt was when he was @ Pikeville and Breathitt won 33-0, or something like that. I do not think Breathitt will shut out PCC, but I do think it will be a lot like the Belfry score.

PikeCentralPride Wrote:Pike Central's Defense is looking great this year. The linebackers are some of the best I've seen in the mountains. And I think they can hold off the Bobcats. Boggs and the Offense will soar through the air.
PC 45
BC 20

Seriously? Pike Central by 25 points? Is this a typo? Pike Central won't score 25 points in the entire game.:hilarious:
Quote:Breathitt Co finally gets to prove that they belong in the conversation about a state championship. All I've heard people say how weak of schedule the bobcats have, well it might not be a strong as it has in the past. You don't know how strong a team is going to be 2 years prior. Estill Co is usually a pretty tough team but they were down, Letcher Central is usually force to reckon with and they were better early in the season. Newport in the late 90's was power house but they have been down the last couple of years. At the time Somerset was rated over Breathitt and the bobcats man handled them in all aspects of the game. Then Hazard came to town and jump on us right off the bat due to 3 turnovers and had a 3 touchdown lead and the bobcats settled down and shut down the bulldogs the second half.Morgan Co came in with there best record every and the bobcats destroyed them 68-6. Then Clay co was a big dissapointment consider that they lost to Garrad Co by 1 point the first game of the season. Breathitt Co Schedule is not weak nor is strong, it is an average schedule.

LOL yeah, its average if your a team like knott county or jenkins. Face it man, the teams breathitt has played this year couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag
im telling all breathitt fans, if your team beats pike central friday then i will eat my crow, but if y'all lose my point will be proven and i will remind you of itWink
As a Pike Central fan & supporter, I can definitely say that Breathitt Co. has played a tougher schedule than we have.

Somerset & Hazard are not cans.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:im telling all breathitt fans, if your team beats pike central friday then i will eat my crow, but if y'all lose my point will be proven and i will remind you of itWink

Personally if I am a confident Breathitt fan I am taking this as an avatar bet..... comeback is quite fond of his avatar's and a week worth of someone else being in control would be the perfect crow to serve.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:im telling all breathitt fans, if your team beats pike central friday then i will eat my crow, but if y'all lose my point will be proven and i will remind you of itWink

If you want to make that an avator bet name it.

I see Breathitt winning this one by at least 2 TD's.
I just want to know if i go out to this game will i get my money worth?
I don't think that Pike Central has seen a defense like Breathitt Co this year. I'm not down playing Belfry Defense they get after it, Belfry plays alot of zone defense and not alot of blitzing. The Bobcats are going to bring the house on Boggs to get some early turnovers, if they don't work they will play base defense. Lets see how Boggs does under massive amout of pressure.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I don't think that Pike Central has seen a defense like Breathitt Co this year. I'm not down playing Belfry Defense they get after it, Belfry plays alot of zone defense and not alot of blitzing. The Bobcats are going to bring the house on Boggs to get some early turnovers, if they don't work they will play base defense. Lets see how Boggs does under massive amout of pressure.

Valid point... the counter argument is that when you blitz like Breathitt it means you have single coverage all across the field and you lose your safety help. All of a sudden a screen pass designed to gain 6 yards could go for 60 instead. Base defense is not Breathitt's forte.

Though Breathitt's defense has morphed and evolved since Chapman's departure, the core principles and looks are for the most part same ones he spent years coaching and still use for his own team. If there is anyone who could best be used to prepare for these schemes it would be Chapman.

Boggs has only seen one defense that was of comparable aggressiveness and athleticism as Breathitt who took the approach of sending the house and using multiple blitzes and stunts, that was Pburg last year. Boggs had a solid performance making as many plays through the air as he did with his feet. Belfry and Russell both defeated PC by forcing the Hawks to put together drives and beat them with intermediate passing. In those three games PC doomed themselves with turnovers and costly penalties (IMHO Chapman also hurt them with his playcalling as well). Breathitt's defense could totally shut down PC if they are able get pressure.... the rub is that it could allow PC to play into their strength of big plays and spot them points.
Since everyone says Breathitt's schedule is weak I'll break it down so everyone knows the story behind it.
You it 10 regular season games correct?
Jackson county, Magoffin, Morgan and Knott are all district game so you have to play them
Estill- from my understanding called breathitt to play, plus they usually have a ok team
Somerset- usually has a tough team, plus they beat breathitt is the past, why not play em
Hazard- good team, great game, down to the last min.
Letcher- always has awesome teams, also from my understanding called breathitt to play
Clay- didn't know they would be that weak when scheduled
Newport- old Breathitt rivalry, Honey Bowl, plus many Brethitt people live in Newport now

When coaches schedule games they don't know what there teams are going to have. Did anyone stop to think that Breathitt could just really be that good? I have never seen a group of boys with this much heart and desire to win. They want that ring more then anything IMO
8790 Wrote:since everyone says breathitt's schedule is weak i'll break it down so everyone knows the story behind it.
You it 10 regular season games correct?
Jackson county, magoffin, morgan and knott are all district game so you have to play them
estill- from my understanding called breathitt to play, plus they usually have a ok team
somerset- usually has a tough team, plus they beat breathitt is the past, why not play em
hazard- good team, great game, down to the last min.
Letcher- always has awesome teams, also from my understanding called breathitt to play
clay- didn't know they would be that weak when scheduled
newport- old breathitt rivalry, honey bowl, plus many brethitt people live in newport now

when coaches schedule games they don't know what there teams are going to have. Did anyone stop to think that breathitt could just really be that good? I have never seen a group of boys with this much heart and desire to win. They want that ring more then anything imo
i dont think breathitt backs down from anyone, bar none. I dont think they pad their sched. Just take care of business friday
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:LOL yeah, its average if your a team like knott county or jenkins. Face it man, the teams breathitt has played this year couldn't beat their way out of a paper bag

What does it matter. I been around football for along time and I can tell if a team is over rated or underrated. In years past the bobcats have been overrated really bad. This year is a different story they have a really good team are very under rated. This years team very similar to the 2002 team except this year team has a better running game and 2002 had better passing game.
IMO, Breathitt has not played a challenging enough schedule.... that's a big difference from saying that Breathitt scheduled a weak slate on purpose.

Before the season started I would consider a non-district schedule of Hazard, Somerset, and LCC to be a pretty solid group of teams. Newport, Clay, and Estill are perennially average to slightly below average teams. If I were grading Breathitt's schedule I would have given it a B- in the pre-season for difficulty. Even now, Hazard may be playing for a 1A State Title and Somerset still may reach the 2A Semi-Finals.... not too shabby.

My biggest gripe with Breathitt's schedule is the fact that knowing how ridiculously weak your district is going to be, why do you make your last difficult game fall on Sept. 23? It will be a full month since Breathitt was actually challenged whereas the other elite 3A teams played quality non-district opponents in the last month of the season.

Belfry:
vs. Ashland
vs. Johnson Central

Central:
vs. PRP

Bell:
vs. Harlan County

Tilghman:
vs. Clarksville (TN) Northeast

Pike Central, OTOH, can't make the same argument. They simply chose not to play a difficult schedule. PC was a victim of their weak schedule last year as it cost them the tie-breaker and a home playoff game. Despite this, they still only scheduled 9 games against a very subpar non-district slate. Even when a desperate Boyle County approached them offering to travel to PC they chose to pass.
bigben Wrote:I just want to know if i go out to this game will i get my money worth?

The story-lines alone will make this a game to attend IMO. I would be there but I am 3+ hours away and I hope to make it to the Belfry game, if both teams win Friday night.

I'll be there! This game should be the slobber knocker.

Breathitt-20
Pike Central-13
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Valid point... the counter argument is that when you blitz like Breathitt it means you have single coverage all across the field and you lose your safety help. All of a sudden a screen pass designed to gain 6 yards could go for 60 instead. Base defense is not Breathitt's forte.

Though Breathitt's defense has morphed and evolved since Chapman's departure, the core principles and looks are for the most part same ones he spent years coaching and still use for his own team. If there is anyone who could best be used to prepare for these schemes it would be Chapman.

Boggs has only seen one defense that was of comparable aggressiveness and athleticism as Breathitt who took the approach of sending the house and using multiple blitzes and stunts, that was Pburg last year. Boggs had a solid performance making as many plays through the air as he did with his feet. Belfry and Russell both defeated PC by forcing the Hawks to put together drives and beat them with intermediate passing. In those three games PC doomed themselves with turnovers and costly penalties (IMHO Chapman also hurt them with his playcalling as well). Breathitt's defense could totally shut down PC if they are able get pressure.... the rub is that it could allow PC to play into their strength of big plays and spot them points.

The bobcats defense is very tricky they may be blitzing and you think their playing man, but the secondary may be play zone and LB's play man. So it can be confusing, but the only thing worries me if Boggs gets out of the pocket. If the bobcats can keep Boggs from getting out of the pocket and get pressure I think the bobcats will be all right. Boggs is a very underrated runner, he might not be the fastest or the strongest but he gets the job done. I really don't think that we are going to shut out PCC because John Paul always has tricks up his sleeve, We just have to contain them and try to make them put drives together and take away the big play.
Just to add to the fun.
Boggs is smart a QB and he is a very capeable runner.
As long as he remembers the past and puts that into use he shold be fine.

The key is he can not have any picks.
One pick and it will be doomsday.
Talked to some of the Breathitt players the other day, they did acknowledge that Boggs has a cannon for an arm and that he isn't afraid to throw the ball deep. They did say however if he throws an interception or fumbles the ball that he basically goes all to hell and doesn't want to have the ball in his hands after that. I think the key for Breathitt to winning this game is to get to Boggs early with some Blitzes and shake him up some, which could lead to an interception of fumble early in the game. Should be an excellent game to watch and can't wait to see how both teams do.
b'owls, i'll avatar bet anyone on this game i dont care one bit to. but its gonna be on even terms. If Pike wins i get to choose any avatar of my choice for any breathitt fan that wants to step up. & if i lose you get to choose any avatar of your choice. no homosexual stuff or anything thats going to offend anyone in anyway.

so who wants to step to the plate?
Quote:IMO, Breathitt has not played a challenging enough schedule.... that's a big difference from saying that Breathitt scheduled a weak slate on purpose.

Thank you, someone that finally agrees with me
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:b'owls, i'll avatar bet anyone on this game i dont care one bit to. but its gonna be on even terms. If Pike wins i get to choose any avatar of my choice for any breathitt fan that wants to step up. & if i lose you get to choose any avatar of your choice. no homosexual stuff or anything thats going to offend anyone in anyway.

so who wants to step to the plate?

I'm game.
Quote:What does it matter. I been around football for along time and I can tell if a team is over rated or underrated. In years past the bobcats have been overrated really bad. This year is a different story they have a really good team are very under rated. This years team very similar to the 2002 team except this year team has a better running game and 2002 had better passing game.

well thats your opinion then. IMO their really overrated. When teams play a weak schedule in the regular season they get used to that average game and win they actually play a team that is high caliber they get destroyed, that is unless your the green bay packers. go back and look at their schedule. to me their no better them somerset, or hazard. their undefeated for a reason. don't take me wrong they can play. but come on man look at their schedule compared to past powerhouse breathitt teams. Its not even close.
Quote:I'm game

cool beans.
i got a avatar pic saved in my folder just for you ole buddyWink lol