Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poole's Father Wants To Discuss Possible Transfer From UK basketball
^ An Agent....

It's a hoot to hear everyone cry about a player needing someone to do his talking for him. Guess what, it will happen for the rest of his life!
Financially, yeah. But if a player really wants to play for a certain team or do a certain endorsement, then he's going to do it, whether the agent likes it or not. It's not to the extend of being their father.
Aslan Wrote:Financially, yeah. But if a player really wants to play for a certain team or do a certain endorsement, then he's going to do it, whether the agent likes it or not. It's not to the extend of being their father.

LOL - the player won't do ANY of the talking for his endorsement, his agent is! In college, if he needs support, then he will rely upon his agent - his dad. My son needs my help during his time playing college athletics, he knows he can count on me for whatever advice, guidance or formal speaking to a coach or program in which the entire program is learned professionals at LYING and DECEPTION!

It's so damn funny that now that they are 18 years old, they are a MAN! At 18 years old, they cannot compete with professional bullshitters who have made their entire living at making kids believe exactly what they want them to believe.

As for the extent of the father, well, yes it is. Because if the 18 year-old goes out and gets an agent, well I guess he's not allowed to do that now is he...................
So an agent and a father are exactly the same thing?
And an agent is getting paid and if don't do his job to a high standard he'll get fired. Sons don't fire their fathers, unless their fathers are their agents Big Grin
I wouldn't mind seeing him on the football field. He shouldn't transfer, but at least Cal is giving him the space needed to make this decision
Aslan Wrote:So an agent and a father are exactly the same thing?
And an agent is getting paid and if don't do his job to a high standard he'll get fired. Sons don't fire their fathers, unless their fathers are their agents Big Grin

What is an agent??? Look up the definition! As I said, I'm my son's agent (spokesman) today!
Stardust Wrote:^ An Agent....

It's a hoot to hear everyone cry about a player needing someone to do his talking for him. Guess what, it will happen for the rest of his life!

Dusty

IMO there's a difference here. With agents and some parents, they advice their client or son/daughter because the players wants their help and input. In this case, it seems Poole is perfectly happy at UK and hasn't asked for anymore of his fathers help.
Playing time or a Ring. Which will produce the most memories? I hope Poole the best in whatever decision that he makes, I hope he doesn't make a decision that he will regret. I think his Dad is trying to relive his glory days thru his son.
Stardust Wrote:LOL - the player won't do ANY of the talking for his endorsement, his agent is! In college, if he needs support, then he will rely upon his agent - his dad. My son needs my help during his time playing college athletics, he knows he can count on me for whatever advice, guidance or formal speaking to a coach or program in which the entire program is learned professionals at LYING and DECEPTION!

It's so damn funny that now that they are 18 years old, they are a MAN! At 18 years old, they cannot compete with professional bullshitters who have made their entire living at making kids believe exactly what they want them to believe.

As for the extent of the father, well, yes it is. Because if the 18 year-old goes out and gets an agent, well I guess he's not allowed to do that now is he...................

First of all he is 20 not 18. Second the article says Jr. is happy Sr. is not. IMO it is Jr's life & choice if he is happy then leave him be. Your time is done & over Sr. Let your son be a man. If he wants your opinion i'm sure he will ask for it.
I absolutely in NO WAY believe that Jr. gave no green light at all! None!
Stardust Wrote:I absolutely in NO WAY believe that Jr. gave no green light at all! None!

I'm basing my opinion on he not giving a green light to his dad. If he did give a green light, I agree with your view point.
Oh Well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis