Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
Jumper Dad Wrote:That's what these guys thought as well!!! Doesn't work out too well for them.... Enjoy!!!

:flush:
I think this years PCC team is the best they have ever had. I didn't think you would play that well against Harlan Co. but you came back and actually could have won if things would have went a little differently. I think Somerset is good this year, but down from last year. PCC will win this game, but it won't be by a lot. If they play like they did against Harlan, it may be by more than you think. Good luck in the playoffs to both teams regardless of the outcome of this one. Go Mountain teams.
zebra'seyes Wrote:The direction of this thread is stupid. This game means NOTHING!

Tell that to the kids who will be celebrating Senior Night.
The direction of your post is stupid :flush:
Lets see how many pre-game excuses that PCC fans can throw out there in case they might lose. Resting players for playoffs, injuries, meaningless game etc. etc. etc.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Lets see how many pre-game excuses that PCC fans can throw out there in case they might lose. Resting players for playoffs, injuries, meaningless game etc. etc. etc.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow...
I'm surprised they ain't mentioned that lol
But Somerset is going to be overwhelmed by this one IMO
I think the rain leads to a 14-0 win for Perry
Somerset plays VERY good football. They play Betsy Layne next week. I dont see them resting anyone Friday night against PCC. I think this one is a toss up. Anyone that can beat Hazard at Hazard and shut them out, is pretty darn good.
I feel so "kentucky" after reading that conversation about growing weed and hiding in the hills.

It's probably been mentioned in this thread before, but what can we expect out the Perry offense? I bet I speak for more than one Somerset fan when I say that I am tired of watching teams 90% centered around one huge ball runner, such as Breathitt, Glasgow and Whitley. Great teams, just not so exciting games to watch.

Also, I'm getting the feeling that the lines "our JV played the whole game" and "sat our starters out" will be thrown around whether Perry wins or loses. :pondering:
shot_calla Wrote:It's supposed to rain tomorrow...
I'm surprised they ain't mentioned that lol
But Somerset is going to be overwhelmed by this one IMO
I think the rain leads to a 14-0 win for Perry

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. That one was a frequently stated before the Harlan County game.
Dumpster Diving Wrote:I feel so "kentucky" after reading that conversation about growing weed and hiding in the hills.

It's probably been mentioned in this thread before, but what can we expect out the Perry offense? I bet I speak for more than one Somerset fan when I say that I am tired of watching teams 90% centered around one huge ball runner, such as Breathitt, Glasgow and Whitley. Great teams, just not so exciting games to watch.

Also, I'm getting the feeling that the lines "our JV played the whole game" and "sat our starters out" will be thrown around whether Perry wins or loses. :pondering:
I've been staying out of this one for most of the week, but since you ask.

Basically you will get the same thing you've received from the PCC fans in this thread:

At the beginning of the game they will be throwing it around to a number of different people and doing everything they can to intimidate you. They'll start out moving the ball and each time you stop one guy, they will get the next one involved. PCC will pose a bit of a threat early on, perhaps they'll even get the best of Briar Jumers to begin with and take the lead. But as the game wears on, they will begin to slack off little by little, leaving Matt Robinson as the lone Commodore giving it 120% (Matt never drops down to 110%). Then late in the 4th they'll regroup and make one final push. They'll have some many people involved....you'll think they've cloned their best players and put different numbers on to confuse you, but in the end they will be finished well before the job is done......that's what she said anyways

:truestory:

Ah Boys....................You Mad!
laker20 Wrote:I've been staying out of this one for most of the week, but since you ask.

Basically you will get the same thing you've received from the PCC fans in this thread:

At the beginning of the game they will be throwing it around to a number of different people and doing everything they can to intimidate you. They'll start out moving the ball and each time you stop one guy, they will get the next one involved. PCC will pose a bit of a threat early on, perhaps they'll even get the best of Briar Jumers to begin with and take the lead. But as the game wears on, they will begin to slack off little by little, leaving Matt Robinson as the lone Commodore giving it 120% (Matt never drops down to 110%). Then late in the 4th they'll regroup and make one final push. They'll have some many people involved....you'll think they've cloned their best players and put different numbers on to confuse you, but in the end they will be finished well before the job is done......that's what she said anyways

:truestory:

Ah Boys....................You Mad!

Lol, interesting prediction. I just hope we are able to go hard all night. It is going to be very exhausting. I guess we will see who finishes first. Either way I'm sure when this is over I will be satisfied. I just really hope the younger guys get a chance. Confusednicker:

Sorry, I'm a 12 year old sometimes.
After reading everyones posts - just a few comments about this game.

Perry is a 5A school, Somerset is 2A, that is a big difference. There school is probably 3x bigger than Somerset. PCC should win. The fact that Somerset can compete with them is really good!

Also, Somerset's schedule has been brutal. They have not had a week off all year! And to end the year against 5A school, once again you have to give credit to them. Not many programs would have had the balls to go back to Breathitt and play AT Breathitt again - after knocking them out last year in an emotional game. That game was much closer than than score indicates. Somerset didnt appear ready and that eager to play in the first quarter - down 14 -0.. and then fumbled at the one foot line and again on first play of half.

Also how many teams would go on the road and play , Hazard, Breathitt, Whitley and Perry. Not many. Also played 5A schools West Jessamine and Pulaski and undefeated Glasgow. plus their district!

I think Somerset is alot better than you PCC fans think! Team speed on defense is incredible and still good without slaughter. I predict at least 3 picks for somerset defense! Their offense is not explosive but still good.

Somerset only reloads. Their sophmore class was 8th grade state champs and alot of them play and start on varsity.

Now Perry is very good - as their 31 to 29 score in forth qt last week attests. Plus they are playing at home which is a huge advantage. So i give the edge to PCC, but I will say this if Somerset's offense ever jells.. they will be one tough team to beat! PCC better hope it is not this week. PCC wont score more than 2 offensive Tds against Somerset's defense. It is that good.

fumbled on the one foot line and also the opening play of the half
Perry Central is too strong for this Somerset team. Haddix will want to go into the playoffs on a victory over an underachieving Somerset team.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Perry Central is too strong for this Somerset team. Haddix will want to go into the playoffs on a victory over an underachieving Somerset team.

I have no doubts that Perry Central can and probably should win this game. However, how can you call Somerset and underacheiving team? They graduated 19 seniors off of last years team and have went 6-3 and are district champions. 2 of the 3 teams that they have lost to are on their way to 10-0 seasons.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I have no doubts that Perry Central can and probably should win this game. However, how can you call Somerset and underacheiving team? They graduated 19 seniors off of last years team and have went 6-3 and are district champions. 2 of the 3 teams that they have lost to are on their way to 10-0 seasons.

With a history like you guys have in years past I would think that a loss to a meaningless program like Perry Central would be a big black eye on an underachieving 6-4 season.
Grey Goose Wrote:After reading everyones posts - just a few comments about this game.

Perry is a 5A school, Somerset is 2A, that is a big difference. There school is probably 3x bigger than Somerset. PCC should win. The fact that Somerset can compete with them is really good!

Also, Somerset's schedule has been brutal. They have not had a week off all year! And to end the year against 5A school, once again you have to give credit to them. Not many programs would have had the balls to go back to Breathitt and play AT Breathitt again - after knocking them out last year in an emotional game. That game was much closer than than score indicates. Somerset didnt appear ready and that eager to play in the first quarter - down 14 -0.. and then fumbled at the one foot line and again on first play of half.

Also how many teams would go on the road and play , Hazard, Breathitt, Whitley and Perry. Not many. Also played 5A schools West Jessamine and Pulaski and undefeated Glasgow. plus their district!

I think Somerset is alot better than you PCC fans think! Team speed on defense is incredible and still good without slaughter. I predict at least 3 picks for somerset defense! Their offense is not explosive but still good.

Somerset only reloads. Their sophmore class was 8th grade state champs and alot of them play and start on varsity.

Now Perry is very good - as their 31 to 29 score in forth qt last week attests. Plus they are playing at home which is a huge advantage. So i give the edge to PCC, but I will say this if Somerset's offense ever jells.. they will be one tough team to beat! PCC better hope it is not this week. PCC wont score more than 2 offensive Tds against Somerset's defense. It is that good.

fumbled on the one foot line and also the opening play of the half

I think everyone on this message board alike is sick of that argument.
The fact that those boys at Perry Central are allowed to play a sport with a ball that isn't round and thrown into a hoop is a big accomplishment in its own right.
They still haven't gotten a field to play on post-consolidation...
The will openly admit they are a basketball school...
and they even turned down some big-name coaches (ex. Tom Larkey) to give jobs to underachievers like Bert Browne.

I mean what if Beechwood played South Laurel every year.
How would that turn out for the most part?
Hazard beat Clay County, Breathitt County, and Letcher Central last year.
I guess Hazard just shot the moon 3 times in one season...
PCC will be fine, they got the horses to plow the rabbit defense. Speed kills, nuff said........................
Look, PCC only beat lowly old Casey Co by 1 point last year. I would just shut up now if I was any of their fans.
shot_calla Wrote:With a history like you guys have in years past I would think that a loss to a meaningless program like Perry Central would be a big black eye on an underachieving 6-4 season.

The regular season is to get ready for the playoffs. A schedule like this one might very well have ended one or both of the last 2 seasons with a state title for Somerset. A 6-4 record against the schedule that Somerset has played would not be underacheiving. Again, 2 of those losses are to teams that will finish 10-0. The only game that the Jumpers lost that they should have won was to Whitley County--the same team that took PCC to the last play of the game in their matchup. If Somerset loses to PCC on the road and plays a good ballgame and improves then the game has served its purpose. The goal of this team, as it is every year is to go as far in the playoffs as we can--not to go undefeated in the regular season. I honestly don't care one way or another about the Commodores--that meaningless quote didn't come from me. Take that up with RoShamBo. If we're playing a game we're playing to win but in the grand scheme of things this game means nothing except a chance to get better going into the playoffs. Since Coach Lucas has been in charge Somerset is 7-2 in the playoffs--I think that speaks for itself. This team has homefield for the first 3 rounds if we can keep winning. That is exactly the goal that we had at the beginning of the year so no, this is not an underacheiving team.
Quote:Look, PCC only beat lowly old Casey Co by 1 point last year. I would just shut up now if I was any of their fans.

you must be a hater. its not last year anymore just to point that out to you
shot_calla Wrote:I think everyone on this message board alike is sick of that argument.
The fact that those boys at Perry Central are allowed to play a sport with a ball that isn't round and thrown into a hoop is a big accomplishment in its own right.
They still haven't gotten a field to play on post-consolidation...
The will openly admit they are a basketball school...
and they even turned down some big-name coaches (ex. Tom Larkey) to give jobs to underachievers like Bert Browne.

I mean what if Beechwood played South Laurel every year.
How would that turn out for the most part?
Hazard beat Clay County, Breathitt County, and Letcher Central last year.
I guess Hazard just shot the moon 3 times in one season...

Underachiever? Zaga, I love ya but that is a stupid ass statement.
Quote:The regular season is to get ready for the playoffs. A schedule like this one might very well have ended one or both of the last 2 seasons with a state title for Somerset. A 6-4 record against the schedule that Somerset has played would not be underacheiving. Again, 2 of those losses are to teams that will finish 10-0. The only game that the Jumpers lost that they should have won was to Whitley County--the same team that took PCC to the last play of the game in their matchup. If Somerset loses to PCC on the road and plays a good ballgame and improves then the game has served its purpose. The goal of this team, as it is every year is to go as far in the playoffs as we can--not to go undefeated in the regular season. I honestly don't care one way or another about the Commodores--that meaningless quote didn't come from me. Take that up with RoShamBo. If we're playing a game we're playing to win but in the grand scheme of things this game means nothing except a chance to get better going into the playoffs. Since Coach Lucas has been in charge Somerset is 7-2 in the playoffs--I think that speaks for itself. This team has homefield for the first 3 rounds if we can keep winning. That is exactly the goal that we had at the beginning of the year so no, this is not an underacheiving team.

lord calm her down there lol no need to butt hurt about someone calling your team an underacheiver
Speaking of fields, where is PCC's field located?
zebra'seyes Wrote:Look, PCC only beat lowly old Casey Co by 1 point last year. I would just shut up now if I was any of their fans.

LOL REALLY!!!! :dontthink LAST year was last year and LCC was 3 weeks ago.... MR. stripey, PCC plays tomm, and will plow the rabbits:poker face:
^Air port gardens
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:^Air port gardens

Thank you. Where is Airport Gardens? I need something for the GPS.
Aslan Wrote:Dennis Wooton school. The field is right across from Sports World.

Thank you.
Quote:Thank you. Where is Airport Gardens? I need something for the GPS

welcome. here is a link for directions if it helps at all..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Don't forget to stop by and get yourself a juicy doredog and drink
gonna be a cold one!
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next