Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
According to KHSAA stats.

Davenport is averaging 10.7 carries per game. 11.4 a carry and a TD every 5.7 carries.

McMillian 18 carries per game 9.1 a carry and a TD every 7.1

Middleton 12.3 10.1 11.1
“I don’t think that will be a factor for this bunch coming up. We have played them a lot in freshmen and junior varsity games the last couple of years and have been able to play with them and beat them,” Larkey

This is what larkey said about last yrs game being 35-0 Bell Co
4ThePlayerz Wrote:“I don’t think that will be a factor for this bunch coming up. We have played them a lot in freshmen and junior varsity games the last couple of years and have been able to play with them and beat them,” Larkey

Confusednicker:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:“I don’t think that will be a factor for this bunch coming up. We have played them a lot in freshmen and junior varsity games the last couple of years and have been able to play with them and beat them,” Larkey

I noticed that too. Pretty much the same quote?

I can tell you Bell does not put much stock in JV. They never practice together and typically play postions in JV that they don't practice. [B]Not to take anything away from HC or any other team that beats Bell in fresh/JV [/B]but until they do it on Friday nights it don't mean NOTHING!

We have beat them for years in JR. football, Middle school, fresh and JV only to lose in the 1 the counts on friday nights years down the road.
William Muney Wrote:I noticed that too. Pretty much the same quote?

I can tell you Bell does not put much stock in JV. They never practice together and typically play postions in JV that they don't practice. [B]Not to take anything away from HC or any other team that beats Bell in fresh/JV [/B]but until they do it on Friday nights it don't mean NOTHING!

We have beat them for years in JR. football, Middle school, fresh and JV only to lose in the 1 the counts on friday nights years down the road.

They never have put much into it I would like to know how much they practice JV and freshmen together?
Bell County wins by a td.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Bell County wins by a td.

Have you ever even watched a football game? Have you predicted a game correctly all year? The Bears roll in this one, you need to stick to the teams you know about, your beloved Bobcats!!!!:truestory:
bcpc Wrote:Have you ever even watched a football game? Have you predicted a game correctly all year? The Bears roll in this one, you need to stick to the teams you know about, your beloved Bobcats!!!!:truestory:

The Bears won't roll in this one I can promise you that.
Cannot wait for this game............Maybe larkey is hoping for a freshman and jv kinda game.........Which may allow him to be able to hang around in this game.........:lmao:
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Cannot wait for this game............Maybe larkey is hoping for a freshman and jv kinda game.........Which may allow him to be able to hang around in this game.........:lmao:

:thatsfunn
To me, Harlan County and Bell County are similar in a lot of ways.

Bell County obviously has a potent running attack, but so does Harlan County.

In the passing game, Corey Osolonian is a tremendous athlete, good passer, and game manager. The same can certainly be said for Jordy Brewer.

Defensively, Bell Co. will be tough to run against and Harlan Co. will be as well.

To me, I think the only difference is which offensive line will impose their will on the other?

It will be very interesting to see, but in all of the big games like these on all levels of football, one team sort of takes control on the offensive line and that is the victor. It takes me back to the Alabama-Florida game on October 1. Florida came out with a big play in the Swamp, took a 7-0 lead and looked poised for the upset. Then, Alabama's offensive line completely took control, resulting in a convincing victory. LSU has done the same as well all season amongst some of the nation's best.

Sorry for the college football analogy, but which offensive line (Bell Co. or Harlan Co.) will it be that takes control of the game? I'll take Larkey's Bears in an instant classic on Log Mountain 35-34. It should be electric, best of luck to both!
Bell County won 35-0 last year and some of the fans are predicting them to roll???? That makes no sense at all.
William Muney Wrote:Bell County won 35-0 last year and some of the fans are predicting them to roll???? That makes no sense at all.

I know I don't understand that at all.
Classic song which i happen to like very well but we dont have to get out of Harlan you will be on Log Mountain:Thumbs:
How can you black bears be so cocky about coming into bell county and thinking your going to win? especially after last week. PCC had running holes the size of a mac truck to fit thru. also you so called GREAT running back Mcmillian got popped a few times and laid down, fast! them bears just dnt have the physicalness that them bobcats do. And tomorrow will show how weak that schedule really is. sry to break it to ya but the truth hurts. bobcats 33-21
mtn mafia Wrote:How can you black bears be so cocky about coming into bell county and thinking your going to win? especially after last week. PCC had running holes the size of a mac truck to fit thru. also you so called GREAT running back Mcmillian got popped a few times and laid down, fast! them bears just dnt have the physicalness that them bobcats do. And tomorrow will show how weak that schedule really is. sry to break it to ya but the truth hurts. bobcats 33-21

What is "PHYSICALNESS"???? I have never ever heard that term used in my life! Does not appear that the american language has because it's nowhere to be found in any dictionary I have looked in!
Sry stardust "Physicality". That better?
^ OK, that makes more sense Wink
Trenches07 Wrote:[B]It's strange because bell might have a couple of receivers that have caught Td's and a back that scores all your TD's but Harlan County has three options:
-mcmillian whose more of a follow the blocks break away with speed guy.
-Middleton whose a power back that runs with some speed.
-brewer who can throw the ball a little bit and follow his blocks for yardage.

^ four since brewer can throw a little bit
[/B]

I like how most everyone looks at this Bell co. team as a Corey D. lead team. Guys look at his carries.....whats he averaging like 9 carries a game? In your average game most teams will see 45-55 snaps. That means hes only touching the ball around 18% of the time. So, there has to be others backs you should be lookin at and preparing for.

Here is another ? Which OL will show up for Bell Co., as a fan I have watched them couple times this season and they need to be more consistant and play with more intensity and get after it with a much larger chip on their shoulder not much respect has been given to you as a group!

When Bell played close games (LC, Lafayette) he ran the ball 20+ times.
Stardust Wrote:What is "PHYSICALNESS"???? I have never ever heard that term used in my life! Does not appear that the american language has because it's nowhere to be found in any dictionary I have looked in!

"Physicality",Perhaps?
Storm1 Wrote:btw Bell shut Lafayette out in the second half. They couldn't and didnt score on them. On another note Harlan has had a lot of points put up on them in some games. All that matters is a good football game is coming Friday. Good playing on the Mountain with two solid teams. Pulling for the CATS.

But they gave up 26 in the 1st. I think HC is a little better than Lafayette.

I'm saying 34-28 Harlan County.

Go Bears!!!!
There is no way you can say that the Black Bears are not physical. All of Eastern Kentucky, including Bell, knows the Black Bears are very physical. Thats why Bell and HC have a hard time getting teams to play them in Varsity, JV , and Freshman. All this talk will be over soon and it will be TIME! This will be a WAR! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
PHYSICALNESS shall be defined tomorrow night at 7:30 sharp.

I can't wait!
Harlan Co. was 2x more physical last year compared to this year, but are still physical. Can't wait for friday night.
I dont understand why everyone wants to bring up last years score from the bell game, hc has proved that they have a short memory when it comes to losing games. Hc lost by 33 points to pulaski last year to turn around and win by 14 points 12 weeks later, the year b4 that they lost to southwestern by 30ish points to turn around and win by I believe 20. I'm not saying Bell is like either one of these teams bc they aren't but how is something that happened 364 days prior with several starters on each side of the ball being diffrent and one side having a diffrent coaching staff relevant?
Mama Bear Wrote:PHYSICALNESS shall be defined tomorrow night at 7:30 sharp.

I can't wait!
Me neither..Im ur moma..Wink

[Image: http://i40.tinypic.com/8y7wn6.jpg]
William Muney Wrote:I noticed that too. Pretty much the same quote?

I was just waiting on somebody to use the old excuse that they dont take JV or freshmen seriously and they never practice.
Guess what, do you actually think that Harlan Co. gets to practice JV? uh no. They are our scout team and they dont have a regular practice together all year and if you think your team/coaches arent serious about winning in JV and freshmen then go tell that to the hundreds of fans on your side who get all rowdy and come out to support thier kids from Bell County. The JV and Freshmen coaches sure do get into those games pretty serious it seems to, but I guess it dont matter.

Schedules, underclassmen, fans, dont matter on Friday.
It will be decided and win or lose for either team I bet both will know the other was there.

PS Bell Co. schedule is much weaker.:biglmao:
rockfan11 Wrote:mighty bobcats defense?? they have played 3 teams with a winning record, ( corbin, lex cath, and lafayette. and corbin is borderline 5-4.

Who has Harlan played?
CanYouLiveWithoutIt Wrote:I dont understand why everyone wants to bring up last years score from the bell game, hc has proved that they have a short memory when it comes to losing games. Hc lost by 33 points to pulaski last year to turn around and win by 14 points 12 weeks later, the year b4 that they lost to southwestern by 30ish points to turn around and win by I believe 20. I'm not saying Bell is like either one of these teams bc they aren't but how is something that happened 364 days prior with several starters on each side of the ball being diffrent and one side having a diffrent coaching staff relevant?
Both sides of the ball is a different coaches or different persons in charge. Dudley offensively and Coach Greer defensively
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next