Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
49.25%
Perry County Central
50.75%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Perry Central 10/28
Brutal Truth Wrote:Somerset wins. They are a very good 2A team and PCC showed a chink in their armor against LCC and Whitley.

To quote the legendary Rich Brooks, "A wins a win".
Ballers Wrote:Man.. I'm just curious but a Commodore is a Commodore.
My question is what the hell is a Briar Jumper?
Program must have not been all that good cause I've never heard of a mascot called a Briar Jumper.

Really? I'm not going to defend Somerset's program because it does not need to be defended, but really you've never heard of Somerset? Where are you from?

BTW, Somerset High School are the only Briar Jumpers in the country.
Unless PCC is really flat after an emotional game against Harlan County I would think that they should take care of business and handle Somerset.

PCC - 34
Som - 20
pcc bounces back after taking a tough loss at the hands of #1 harlan, ill take pcc
pcc-35
somerset- 24
PCC wins late!!
Looking at the posts most have said perry will win, but the poll is tied at 27, some ppl must not be voteing lol
JumperPride1 Wrote:Good in recent years? Somerset is top 15 all time in wins in state history, so yeah they've been good recently lol. Perry is very athletic and has a great team this year but don't sell the jumpers short, we know how to play football in south central ky, and have done it well for a long long time

No need to get pantys into wads zaga-fan speaks the truth. Somerset has been good in recent years and that is abiut the extent for a while. I mean you can count the history of Somerset all you want and that is great but just because they have a 1000 more wins than PCC because they started football literally 80 years before Perry did does not make Somerset any better this Friday because ghosts do not walk on the field.

I mean c'mon Somerset only won 60% some of their games in the 2000s before the 2009 run, so when he said recent he was not lying or disrespecting cuz they actually had 3 losing seasons in the 2000s as early as 2008.
Gummie Bear Wrote:No need to get pantys into wads zaga-fan speaks the truth. Somerset has been good in recent years and that is abiut the extent for a while. I mean you can count the history of Somerset all you want and that is great but just because they have a 1000 more wins than PCC because they started football literally 80 years before Perry did does not make Somerset any better this Friday because ghosts do not walk on the field.

I mean c'mon Somerset only won 60% some of their games in the 2000s before the 2009 run, so when he said recent he was not lying or disrespecting cuz they actually had 3 losing seasons in the 2000s as early as 2008.

I love how the PCC and Hrlan fans have each others backs now lol. That is untill (IF) they play again in the playoffs lol.
Ballers Wrote:Man.. I'm just curious but a Commodore is a Commodore.
My question is what the hell is a Briar Jumper?
Program must have not been all that good cause I've never heard of a mascot called a Briar Jumper.
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pic...tureid=358]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pic...tureid=359]
Gummie Bear Wrote:No need to get pantys into wads zaga-fan speaks the truth. Somerset has been good in recent years and that is abiut the extent for a while. I mean you can count the history of Somerset all you want and that is great but just because they have a 1000 more wins than PCC because they started football literally 80 years before Perry did does not make Somerset any better this Friday because ghosts do not walk on the field.

You can't tell some people nothin'
They only hear what they wanna hear
I'm pretty sure the Briar Jumpers are in over their head on this one...
too bad I got on here after all the good stuff!
They already ran zaga_fan off lol

Perry Central 50
Somerset 20

I heard Haddix was going to open this one up for the Seniors to score a lot
RoShamBo Wrote:Also, in what way is him referencing your 'sack' or lack thereof any different than dedicating an entire page to pictures saying he is 'butthurt'?

I don't have a bone to pick in this one....
but I see a clear difference in saying someone is butt-hurt over something said on this forum and saying someone doesn't have a sack because they didn't play football.

zaga's a mod anyway...
why would anyone violate a rule and direct it towards a moderator?

Sounds like someone didn't think that through.
I dont see how zaga could stay away until Friday. We may see him again. Then again runitupthebutts not made a comment in here either.
We were just starting to get along too.

Somerset wont go scoreless, Ive seen Perrys JV. There not that good.
RoShamBo Wrote:Truth be told I do have respect for your program and have congratulated you guys on success in the past, even if I don't really care about it or this game (sorry, don't agree with playing non district opponents last game of the reg. season). You can read my posts and see that I have always been respectful of other programs. What I have a problem with is how some Perry fans on here like to downplay the accomplishments of other programs to make your program look better in little things like the Mountain Top 10, and I'm not just talking about us. And I think it was you referencing our so called 'mediocrity' over the years that got under some skin, just saying you make your own beds taking shots at programs that have had more success than yours don't get mad when it comes back your way.

**unretiring momentarily**

I didn't say anything until I was quoted about 5 times and thrown under a bus for simply saying you guys have played good lately.
I'm sorry my compliment didn't reference every win your team has ever accumulated but it was meant to be NOTHING BUT POSITIVE.
It turned into a mudslinging match and when you've got people saying I have "no sack" it can get ugly quick.
The only way to argue back with that is to continue to make it personal and as a moderator I'm not going to break forum rules and stoop down to childish levels.
If anyone has anything else to say about my sack, my short football career, or anything referencing me send it to me in a PM and keep it off the board.
And my butt ain't hurt. I'll just get in trouble if I keep goin on this one.

Good luck to you guys and your team this weekend.
I pray for a safe trip to and from the game.

**Later Wink**
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I dont see how zaga could stay away until Friday. We may see him again. Then again runitupthebutts not made a comment in here either.
We were just starting to get along too.

Somerset wont go scoreless, Ive seen Perrys JV. There not that good.

I saw that he "liked" one of Somerset's posts a while ago lol
He's been lurking around
Just hasn't struck yet
This is going to be a tough match for the Jumpers. Three weeks ago I thought we would take this game but we have been banged up a lot in district play and I just don't know how everyone is going to react to seeing a really good team again. No matter the outcome, I just hope the Jumpers realize that this game means nothing and the real task starts next week. I think if Somerset is going to win this game it is going to be somewhat lower scoring, kind of like the Somerset-Whitley game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone comes out injury free. I haven't made a prediction in a few games but just so I can remember what this thread was actually intended for:

Somerset 27
Perry 19
Hard to stay away from this one. Come on back Zaga, I needs some help this week.
RoShamBo Wrote:This is going to be a tough match for the Jumpers. Three weeks ago I thought we would take this game but we have been banged up a lot in district play and I just don't know how everyone is going to react to seeing a really good team again. No matter the outcome, I just hope the Jumpers realize that this game means nothing and the real task starts next week. I think if Somerset is going to win this game it is going to be somewhat lower scoring, kind of like the Somerset-Whitley game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone comes out injury free. I haven't made a prediction in a few games but just so I can remember what this thread was actually intended for:

Somerset 27
Perry 19

So a banged up bunch playing a meaningless game is gonna beat the CDores at home? No way Jose.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:So a banged up bunch playing a meaningless game is gonna beat the CDores at home? No way Jose.

Makes a lot of sense
I see the weather is going to be rough this week. I haaaaate cold weather.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I see the weather is going to be rough this week. I haaaaate cold weather.

Did you go to the Harlan-Perry game? Now that was cold lol
dore20 Wrote:Did you go to the Harlan-Perry game? Now that was cold lol

If it would've been played the night before there would have been some casualties lol
im taking pcc in this one, 35-13
I was at a game, just not that one. It was cold there too.
^Just looks like a freakin' bunny rabbit to me.
So the Briar Jumpers are the Eastern Kentucky Easter Bunnys then?
im just glad im being left alone for 2 or 3 days lol....
dore20 Wrote:Did you go to the Harlan-Perry game? Now that was cold lol

didnt see you there?
Ballers Wrote:^Just looks like a freakin' bunny rabbit to me.
So the Briar Jumpers are the Eastern Kentucky Easter Bunnys then?

At halftime they have an easter egg hunt at there home games?
At least its original like Corbins.
Teams seriously use certain animals way to much.
If i for one was a consolidating school, id want something noone else has.
Panthers, Lions, Tigers, wildcats are some examples that there are 5 million of a piece.

And one of the Somerset poster posted a thing one time explaining why there are named the briar jumpers, maybe it was norm, i dont remember, but it was a pretty cool story.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next