Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Shelby Valley
I heard a few more players might have quit recently
Has anyone else heard anything like this ?
But looking back at jack rabbits comments, I think the shelby valley team deserves someone thats going to be fair to every kid, and not have behind the scene's meeting's with certain parents.
"jack rabbits" Wrote:YOU GUYS NEED TO GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOUR PLAYING DAYS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sad04:

I don't understand you jack rabbits, I don't know who you are, how old you are or if you've ever played a sport in your life, and if you have played a sport, you and I both know what it feels like to go out in front of a packed gym, stadium, etc... and play the game that you love more than anything in the world and to leave it all on the floor and it is sad that the ones who love it can not and I repeat can not play because of what has went on at this place. You don't know half the story of this place from the politics to the behind closed doors meetings with players parents to satisfy them, which leaves no room for the players who bust their butts at practice to get any playing time due to these little conferences or meetings as I would say. I agree with what you said here Mr.Jack Rabbits--here let me quote it for you, Your playing days are over!!!!!!!!!!!!...Yes you are right here the playing days are over for these guys, or no im sorry their playing days never even begun because they were never given the chance. Listen I could set here and type endless amounts of negativitiy and what has went on at this place and it more than likely wouldn't even change a thing about how you feel, but what im saying is before you get on here saying something like this again think before you type it because how do you think the boys that would love to be on that floor playing feel like when they get on here and read about their playing days being over when all they were after was a DREAM of playing basketball, the same dream that someone else doesn't seem to see that being you.
Jacks Rabbit I think your just :Hammer3: hurting yourself posting on this subject. It might be best if you go worry about some other sport for a while.:golf:
Good win for Betsy Layne, bad coaching job by Shelby Valley. Their coach looks like he doesn't have a clue.
boys will be boys!if you guys wanted to play BAD enough, you would not let the coach keep you from playing.I played ball and wasn't crazy about the coach.I loved the game and I didn't start either.You guys can blame the coaches all you want but that is a weak excuse:Geek: Speaking of other sports maybe you can try soccer or track:BigLaugh: I know what you can :moon:
What is Valleys record to date, 3-3?? How many years has it been that valley has started off like they are this year? Pre-Rodney years maybe?
Idk but it doesn't llok good if they keep playig like this school of david is going to beat them
"THE BUS" Wrote:Idk but it doesn't llok good if they keep playig like this school of david is going to beat them

That's pushing things a little too far..lol
hey, anything can happen on any night.....
:ref2:
I hear this all of the time up left Beaver, "Coach Martin runs the best players off." Those same players he runs off could not be the go to guy in a one on one tournament. They score a few points in gym class against some premier band students and suddenly they need A shoe contract! Sounds like we have a couple of gym class stars on here. :champ: Good luck in 3rd period!
"jack rabbits" Wrote:You guys can blame the coaches all you want but that is a weak excuse:Geek: Speaking of other sports maybe you can try soccer or track:BigLaugh: I know what you can :moon:

Their not blaming the coaches just one coach or if thats what you want to call him, because the definition of a coach is discipline, leadership, and a somewhat knowledge of knowing the game. Oh yeh but on the other sports thing I was thinking more of horseshoes or hand grenades.
:Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04: Quit crying and play ball. Gee whiz Calc, I am starting to feel sorry for you:baby:
I like to call it telling the truth, oh and me play ball lol maybe 25 years ago back in my prime, im just telling what I know from my inside sources.
How many players did valley have quit this year that played last year?
This is the rabbits last stand:graduate: The people of SV has run off alot of coaches :bike: It's time for the parents to leave the coaching to the coaches:beg: If the players at SV is that good I'm sure they could find another place to PLAY.The RABBIT has spoken :BigLaugh: see you all in the brushes!:mad:
"DTA" Wrote:I hear this all of the time up left Beaver, "Coach Martin runs the best players off." Those same players he runs off could not be the go to guy in a one on one tournament. They score a few points in gym class against some premier band students and suddenly they need A shoe contract! Sounds like we have a couple of gym class stars on here. :champ: Good luck in 3rd period!

I would take Kyle Goodson (an ex-basketball player) over anyone on Shelby Valley's team in a one on one tournament
"have-it-ur-way" Wrote:I would take Kyle Goodson (an ex-basketball player) over anyone on Shelby Valley's team in a one on one tournament

I would too, but Kyle isn't playing. That's his choice. I coached Kyle for 4 years in grade school, and both of his last 2 years it was always a question whether Kyle was going to play or not. He just does not have a love for the game. Once he steps on the floor, he plays harder than anyone, but he just doesn't love it. Nothing in basketball would make me more happy than to see Kyle play because I love watching him play more than anyone I have ever coached, but I guess he just doesn't want to play. I don't think it is the coach, because I heard he might not play when I coached, when Rodney was the coach, and now that Booher is the coach. The coach might be the case with the other players, but I don't think it is with Kyle.
Sounds like no heart or his heart into something else. See 'em like that daily up lefft Beaver. Just to be honest it sounds like parents want to coach more in the 15th region than the coaches?
only fan...jason booher ran off the BEST player in the mountains last year in Seth Kiser...he was wymt's player of the year when he was a junior, and would have been last year. Great stratagy coach booher!...get rid of the best...thats what I would do!
Rebuilding year, whether you say it is or not.
They lost their mature, experienced talent.
They gained from feeder schools but those boys do not have the age, playing time, and just overall knowledge of how HIGH SCHOOL Varsity ball is.
It will take a bit to get them in the hang of that but once they do, they should be fine.
Valley always has a very tough program to deal with.
"thetribe" Wrote:Rebuilding year, whether you say it is or not.
They lost their mature, experienced talent.
They gained from feeder schools but those boys do not have the age, playing time, and just overall knowledge of how HIGH SCHOOL Varsity ball is.
It will take a bit to get them in the hang of that but once they do, they should be fine.
Valley always has a very tough program to deal with.
I will agree that they dont have the experience in the high school level. But they should have gotten some experience last year insead of SV being worried about blowing everyone out of the gym. Let the underclassmen play for your next years team if you are handling teams easily with your seniors.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I will agree that they dont have the experience in the high school level. But they should have gotten some experience last year insead of SV being worried about blowing everyone out of the gym. Let the underclassmen play for your next years team if you are handling teams easily with your seniors.
Isn't that what JV and Freshman team is for? To build you up as a high school player.
Yes it is, but if your seniors are winning by 30+points in the 4th quarter, why not let the underclassmen get a taste of what varsity ball is like. There is a great big difference in a JV or freshman game compaired to a varisity game. Last year, SV had all the talent in the world. They played the talented players over and over for the whole game when they could have played there juniors and sophmores to get them varsity experience.
Yes I agree with you basketballonlyfan, when I attended the games last season they never played the sophmores or juniors as much as they did seniors and freshman.
I think that and a couple other things are gonna come back and bite them on the.... well, you know where
Basketballonlyfan pm me and tell me about these other things and ill try and fill you in.
They got two starters back from last year in Mitchell Riddle and Johnson. The other Riddle boy saw alot of minutes as did the Bryant kid and Jackson got playing time in the regional. They have experience and I don't see it as rebuilding, just a coach with no offensive plays that seems lost in the game and can't make no adjustments. Biggest team in the region and they should take advantage of that instead of throwing up threes all the time. If it stays the same at the Valley, Pikeville or Pike central will be happy next year from what I am hearing.
They do have a talented group of boys... but I don't believe they are anything like last years bunch. I believe there are too many of them that really don't have the heart to play???? The boys that are playing now have big shoes to fill... and I agree with the fact that some of the younger players didn't get much of an opportunity to experience time in a varsity game. Hopefully we'll see a turn around some time soon.
"basketballjones" Wrote:If it stays the same at the Valley, Pikeville or Pike central will be happy next year from what I am hearing.

Go ahead and say it. You've heard that if Booher is the coach next year that Ashley Hatfield and Bacon Newsome will not go to SV. If that's the case then I say let them go... I hate to see players and parents have such influence on administrative decisions, but that seems to be the norm at SV...
"SuperStar" Wrote:Go ahead and say it. You've heard that if Booher is the coach next year that Ashley Hatfield and Bacon Newsome will not go to SV. If that's the case then I say let them go... I hate to see players and parents have such influence on administrative decisions, but that seems to be the norm at SV...

I think this is what everyone has heard..Taylor and Ashley will be heading to Pikeville...