Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Shelby Valley
Whats going on at the valley, I know they lost a great group of boys, but shouldnt they still be more competitive???
they are down big time this year
Rebuilding year.
I have only seen one of their games this year and few from last year, and from what I have seen they run very poor sets on the offensive end and they don't play nowhere near the defense they did when Coach Rowe was there. The only reason they won the region last year was because of the experience and talent they had and their coach almost blew that.
I havent seen them play this year yet....but I am like everyone else this is a rebuilding year for the Wildcats....they lost alot of good talent from last year
Not what I thought they'd be.
"-STAT-32" Wrote:I havent seen them play this year yet....but I am like everyone else this is a rebuilding year for the Wildcats....they lost alot of good talent from last year
I agree... But the only got beat by Mag. by 5??? Who knows they can turn it around!! But hopefully not the game we play you all! GO CATS!!! :Guitar01:
Personally, last year, why Valley won the region was because Booher took the team that Rodney Rowe assembled and basically let them play and coach themselves..now that he doesn't have the talent of Kiser, Tackett, Friend, Bentley and Potter, he is lost out there..taking people out when they need to be left in the game, pressing when their is no need..too many mistakes on this coache's behalf..
Rodney Rowe has some big shoes to fill. Good coach
A rebuilding year?....No way, this team had the combination of some of the best Dorton and Virgie players a year ago, with these two feeder school teams starters combining all to play together as Shelby Valley. Its a funny thing to me along with anyone else who agrees that since Booher came to Shelby Valley almost every Dorton and Virgie player from last year has quit. Unless something happens I'm gonna predict that these players from Dorton and Virgie coming up to high school next year will be making the switch to be a panther. Booher reminds me somewhat of Tubby, he wins the year after Rodney leaves or in Tubby's case after Pitino leaving only to have success for one year due to the past coaches style of play.
There should be no such thing as a rebuilding year at valley with the talent they get from the feeder school, paintsville wasnt in a rebuilding year last year, with basically all freshman starters. and the same should go for valley considering they have even better feeder programs than paintsville
I agree with #4.. not what i expected from them
"TheCalc" Wrote:A rebuilding year?....No way, this team had the combination of some of the best Dorton and Virgie players a year ago, with these two feeder school teams starters combining all to play together as Shelby Valley. Its a funny thing to me along with anyone else who agrees that since Booher came to Shelby Valley almost every Dorton and Virgie player from last year has quit. Unless something happens I'm gonna predict that these players from Dorton and Virgie coming up to high school next year will be making the switch to be a panther. Booher reminds me somewhat of Tubby, he wins the year after Rodney leaves or in Tubby's case after Pitino leaving only to have success for one year due to the past coaches style of play.

Good comparison of the two coaches.
I agree with everyone else. The fans from Valley wish they still had Rowe taking control of the team.
Rodney Rowe should still be on the sidelines
but i think thecalc said it the best, booher just inheritated what rodney left
maybe now that everyone sees how good of a coach booher is not , maybe he will be out of here pretty soon
I dont see the middle school kids coming to valley next year if booher is still there
Everyone considers this a rebuilding year, but actually valley had some good talent coming up booher just ran everyone of them off
the old coach is gone so deal with it.are you one of those players that are walking the halls! sv will be fine!can you say ymca!
Do you think they will repeat as 59th district champs?
valley is having a rebuilding year, next year for them will be much better and more competative.
Jack Rabbit-the old coach is gone so deal with it.are you one of those players that are walking the halls! sv will be fine!can you say ymca!
haha no chance
but since u mentioned ymca when i see valley play it kinda reminds me of a bunch of boys playing at the ymca since they dont use no set offenses, high-screen is the only thing they do and the rest is one on one
"have-it-ur-way" Wrote:haha no chance
but since u mentioned ymca when i see valley play it kinda reminds me of a bunch of boys playing at the ymca since they dont use no set offenses, high-screen is the only thing they do and the rest is one on one

:lol:...... jack rabbits Confusederved:
i think valley will be a good team this year and even better next year
Booher here's a little hint for you, no matter what school you go to your hated. GET OUT OF SV, now back to the topic I agree with have it your way, Booher still had talent at SV with the remaining players Rowe teached. He should not have won region last year, the players basically did what they wanted to with no coaching. Booher has ran off a bunch of good talent at Valley and then if someone wants to transfer from his team his uses his politics and is extremely dirty to the players, the guy has no character. Colby Newsome told me earlier this year he wanted to transfer to PC because of Booher but he wouldn't because of what happened to Bartley when he tried to leave. This guy is sad the two best athletes in the school dont even play (Goodson and Bartley) these guys are extremely athletic and his best true point guard (Donovan Bentley) doesn't even play either. Bentley,Newsome,Bartley,Goodson, Justin Smith, Gage Phillips and Jordan Price dont play anymore , other schools would love to have these players representing their school. All of this talent at Valley is going to waste because of him.

7 PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me

Price/Phillips 5
Newsome- at the 4
Goodson- the 3
Bartley- the 2
Bentley- the point

And I could beat Valley's starting 5 easy.
If any coach in the 15th had this line up they could beat anyone trust me.
This same line up with the exception of the 5 spot was the best JV TEAM EVER at SV ask (Doe Doe) when these guys where underclassmen.
THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!BOOHER WON THE REGION AND STILL GETS KICKED IN THE HEAD.YOU GUYS NEED TO GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOUR PLAYING DAYS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sad04:
Did he win the region or did the players that played win the region? With the talent they had nobody should have came close to them, but as the season went on they got worse. That program is on a downhill swing, the few games I have seen the coaching is very questionable. Last year at state I was sitting with some coaches and they couldn't figure out what he was trying to do against Henry Clay, and as the score told he couldn't either. Some of their fans told me that HC only beat them like 8 points in the preseason of that year and another sign they only got worse.
Good Team, strong, fast, versatile, but i agree, they should be more competitive.
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:Booher here's a little hint for you, no matter what school you go to your hated. GET OUT OF SV, now back to the topic I agree with have it your way, Booher still had talent at SV with the remaining players Rowe teached. He should not have won region last year, the players basically did what they wanted to with no coaching. Booher has ran off a bunch of good talent at Valley and then if someone wants to transfer from his team his uses his politics and is extremely dirty to the players, the guy has no character. Colby Newsome told me earlier this year he wanted to transfer to PC because of Booher but he wouldn't because of what happened to Bartley when he tried to leave. This guy is sad the two best athletes in the school dont even play (Goodson and Bartley) these guys are extremely athletic and his best true point guard (Donovan Bentley) doesn't even play either. Bentley,Newsome,Bartley,Goodson, Justin Smith, Gage Phillips and Jordan Price dont play anymore , other schools would love to have these players representing their school. All of this talent at Valley is going to waste because of him.

7 PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me

Price/Phillips 5
Newsome- at the 4
Goodson- the 3
Bartley- the 2
Bentley- the point

And I could beat Valley's starting 5 easy.
If any coach in the 15th had this line up they could beat anyone trust me.
This same line up with the exception of the 5 spot was the best JV TEAM EVER at SV ask (Doe Doe) when these guys where underclassmen.

Well for one thing...there's two kids Booher didn't run off...and that is Jordan Price and Kyle Goodson...Jordan Price is transfering schools..I havea heard he's going to East Ridge...not 100% sure though..but Kyle just didn't want to play..he got tired of it after a while..yes he may be very athletic..but he just didn't have the love to play.

However, I do agree, in my opinion Booher is not a good coach and Moberly would make a lot better coach than Booher, several members of the team have told me they think this also. I also agree that he has ran off a lot of good talent, and I'm hearing that two more great athletes could leav before a day at the Valley if Booher isn't gone. Something needs to be done about Booher, all he did last year was let Rodney Rowe's team go out there and play...
Ok I don't know if he ran Price away or not, but if he's transferring I don't know what else to call it, listen I'm going to put it to you like this. When Colby Newsome quits your team, you have a giant problem because Colby is one of the easiest guys to get along with, the guy would play for Fred Damron he was the head coach at SV. So when he quits you have a problem because Colby would play for anyone. Booher doesn't even know what talent is, you can't just play the players you like, you'll see where that gets you. And as far as games go theres no set offensive plays. A high pick and roll thats it, and im not not even going to mention defense because there's nothing to talk about.

Oh yea by the way Gary Thomas who does play right now QUIT also last year in the 2nd half of the season. But he decided to come back out for the team this year, good luck to him. But that's 9 players now that quit at one time or another and you still have to mention the departure of Kiser last year season. This many players don't quit just for no reason.
Valley will continue to win.I think they should bring in Bobby Knight to fix the problem at SV.No, they would want him gone too!
Valley is going through a rebuilding year....Those things happen