Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell County Lakers
21.62%
Rockcastle County Rockets
78.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Rockcastle County 9/30
rustyankle Wrote:Well said. Who is Russell county best lineman ??

Can't say that we have a BEST lineman on either side of the ball. This is a developing group of kids who have been playing good together as a line. Not sure that one stands out. On defense, our LBs are very fast, you will be seeing a lot of visits into your backfield by #34 Mason Short (Soph), #20 Evan Fletcher (Soph), #40 Angel Deck (Jr), #16 Lucas Whittle (Jr), #44 Kennedy Mcfarland (Jr). Our DB's have 10 interceptions (2 of those being pick 6) through 6 games, so we welcome the passing game.

You will also come away from the game remembering our Kicker/Punter #7 Lucas Williams (Jr) who is one of the best in the state. If you get a chance to watch him before the game you will see him kicking FG from 50-55 yards with room to spare. With field position being so important in this one, he very well may be the deciding factor in this game....not to mention the ability to have a good shot at getting 3 when needed.

As you can see, much of our talent is from Sophomores and Juniors. So, as good as we've played up until this point, next year is really the year that we should shine. If we can avoid significant injuries, and keep this group together we have a legitimate chance of being a top 10 team in the state and an outside shot at a state title in 2012. (How long before the HHS fans begin to chirp on that one).
Rock keeps on rolling.
The only thing I hate about this game is I will not be able to watch it. The Panthers will be busy with Clay. I enjoyed watching Rock run in the rain over PCC. I had no idea Russell would be such a great team as they have shown to be this year.

I wish both teams the best but I have to believe the power game of Rock will win the day here. Want venture to guess a score as my crystal ball is broken...
Football1 Wrote:The only thing I hate about this game is I will not be able to watch it. The Panthers will be busy with Clay. I enjoyed watching Rock run in the rain over PCC. I had no idea Russell would be such a great team as they have shown to be this year.

I wish both teams the best but I have to believe the power game of Rock will win the day here. Want venture to guess a score as my crystal ball is broken...

I think we stayed under the radar for a while...even our own fan's aren't sure if we're for real. I felt like it would be a 2-way race when they announced the re-alignment (Knox - Russell Co), but LWC was quick to point out that I shouldn't overlook Rock or Clay. He definitely knew what he was talking about with Rock.

I also thought that Nick Britt and Jeff Canady would be two of the best Jr's in the state this year, and I don't think they're letting me down. Looking forward 10/21. Good luck with Clay Co.
rustyankle Wrote:Everyone can talk bout Clark and other players but the reason the Rock is 6-0 is the Offensive line with the Lake boys and the Defensive ends play with the Twins . Bottom line these 4 kids have been playing lights out all year

You know RA, I really can't pin one reason why Rockcastle has been excelling this year. Sure those four are doing OK. But gosh, what about BB Bradley and Damien McDaniel at linebacker. If those two aren't making tons of tackles while the d-line is eating blockers....then the running backs are getting through anyway. Spencer Childress at safety stopped at least two touchdowns the other night that got away from all of the mentioned above. He is providing a net that gives a new meaning to safety. Childress and McDaniel were both injured and didn't play last year. Spencer did punt some, but, he didn't play. Luna....what can you say about a kid that was so-so in middle school and has stepped his game up to another level in the last two years. He is the safety net for Rowe being hurt and allows Reams to continue to play reciever and make catches or he can run the ball. Junior Eli Haddix...has stepped up in a big way as the season has progressed. From missing a few catches that he should have caught early to stretching out full body on a third and long against PCC and making a spectacular catch to keep a drive going...I'm so proud of that kid. Cory McPhetridge has thrown pass after pass on third downs when the box was constipated you couldn't get a good dose of Milk of Magnesia to unclog it and made big plays. It goes on and on....Kenny Adams hard nosed at guard, Wren stepping up his game on the line as well as Brown at center and Jadon Brock changing from QB to reciever and D lineman and not letting that bother him while he is mashing opposing players(the kid folded up a facemask on a hit at PCC, dad blame what a hit).
The whole thing boils down to it being a team effort. None of the kids are super exceptional...but all together make a daggone good team when they want to play.
I'm really proud of these kids...we'll see how far they can go.:Thumbs:
papagrit Wrote:You know RA, I really can't pin one reason why Rockcastle has been excelling this year. Sure those four are doing OK. But gosh, what about BB Bradley and Damien McDaniel at linebacker. If those two aren't making tons of tackles while the d-line is eating blockers....then the running backs are getting through anyway. Spencer Childress at safety stopped at least two touchdowns the other night that got away from all of the mentioned above. He is providing a net that gives a new meaning to safety. Childress and McDaniel were both injured and didn't play last year. Spencer did punt some, but, he didn't play. Luna....what can you say about a kid that was so-so in middle school and has stepped his game up to another level in the last two years. He is the safety net for Rowe being hurt and allows Reams to continue to play reciever and make catches or he can run the ball. Junior Eli Haddix...has stepped up in a big way as the season has progressed. From missing a few catches that he should have caught early to stretching out full body on a third and long against PCC and making a spectacular catch to keep a drive going...I'm so proud of that kid. Cory McPhetridge has thrown pass after pass on third downs when the box was constipated you couldn't get a good dose of Milk of Magnesia to unclog it and made big plays. It goes on and on....Kenny Adams hard nosed at guard, Wren stepping up his game on the line as well as Brown at center and Jadon Brock changing from QB to reciever and D lineman and not letting that bother him while he is mashing opposing players(the kid folded up a facemask on a hit at PCC, dad blame what a hit).
The whole thing boils down to it being a team effort. None of the kids are super exceptional...but all together make a daggone good team when they want to p. lay.
I'm really proud of these kids...we'll see how far they can go.:Thumbs:

papa I not saying or taking anything away from any of these kids as I think they all p
Play good . But IMHO the lakes n the twins are playing notch above everyone else this season Idk if its a brother thing or what but man um glad they on our team lol
The Rock
Man, I'd love to have that pic in my locker at work Westside. Too funny!
rustyankle Wrote:papa I not saying or taking anything away from any of these kids as I think they all p
Play good . But IMHO the lakes n the twins are playing notch above everyone else this season Idk if its a brother thing or what but man um glad they on our team lol

I'm glad they play for Rockcastle too RA!
You know after I made that post I thought about the coaching staff and how much heat they have gotten in the past two years. All I can say is they have been good to my interests...maybe not to everyones, but good to mine. Coach Saylor won't quit on anyone that tries. Coach Parkey's job could be likened to herding squirrels with all the irons he has in the fire with the High School football team, the little league football and the flag football. He is trying to get things turned around. Josh Martin absolutely knows what he is doing and with Coach Saylor's tutoring...he's gonna be the man someday. I hope Coach Saylor decides not to hang up his whistle for long time though as I have a ton of respect for the man.
LOL...I'm just blabbering on...enjoying the season so far.:blabbermo:blabbermo:Thumbs:
papagrit Wrote:I'm glad they play for Rockcastle too RA!
You know after I made that post I thought about the coaching staff and how much heat they have gotten in the past two years. All I can say is they have been good to my interests...maybe not to everyones, but good to mine. Coach Saylor won't quit on anyone that tries. Coach Parkey's job could be likened to herding squirrels with all the irons he has in the fire with the High School football team, the little league football and the flag football. He is trying to get things turned around. Josh Martin absolutely knows what he is doing and with Coach Saylor's tutoring...he's gonna be the man someday. I hope Coach Saylor decides not to hang up his whistle for long time though as I have a ton of respect for the man.
LOL...I'm just blabbering on...enjoying the season so far.:blabbermo:blabbermo:Thumbs:

I hope saylor sticks with it too. I have freshman and 6th grader at the Rock so hope he is around for both them
papagrit Wrote:Whether Clark plays or not(not a sure thing yet), whether the field is wet or not, whether there are weiners on a grill in the parking lot or not, I'm sure this will be a good game. Here is two good teams going head to head in a district game. At least this Rock fan has all the respect in the world for Russell County's team this next week. I also expect and hope that there will be more respect between these two teams and the fans of these two teams than there was in the last game Rockcastle played in. I knew in the winter when people were posting that the title was Rock's and Knox's to take from the district, that Russell would be in there after giving Allen County-Scottsville all they wanted last year and returning tons of starters. You can go back and look at my posts...in there. You don't eat much crow when you don't open your big mouth up wide enough to shove one in.

Wow, really? Besides a select few, most PCC fans were very respectful of the Rockcastle program, especially those of us who actually know something about football (not many of our fans, unfortunately.) That is neither here nor there, as that game is over. On to the subject at hand...

This should be a really good game, I honestly don't know much about Russell County but I do know the Britt kid is a heckuva football player, and Rock is a very well disciplined physical team, should be a battle. I'll make a prediction later on this week.
Two 6-0 teams and very little "smack talk' from either side. Seems like both teams and fans have a healthy respect for both teams. This will make for a well prepared team on both sides. Each team should get the best that the other team and coaches have to offer. Wow! what a game. Will the anticipation of the game be better than the game itself.....time will tell, but one better have good nerves either to play or watch this game. Good luck to all players coaches and fans....lets hold nothing back and leave it on the field!!!! Prayer of safety to all players....may God watch over them
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Two 6-0 teams and very little "smack talk' from either side. Seems like both teams and fans have a healthy respect for both teams. This will make for a well prepared team on both sides. Each team should get the best that the other team and coaches have to offer. Wow! what a game. Will the anticipation of the game be better than the game itself.....time will tell, but one better have good nerves either to play or watch this game. Good luck to all players coaches and fans....lets hold nothing back and leave it on the field!!!! Prayer of safety to all players....may God watch over them

Great post
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Two 6-0 teams and very little "smack talk' from either side. Seems like both teams and fans have a healthy respect for both teams. This will make for a well prepared team on both sides. Each team should get the best that the other team and coaches have to offer. Wow! what a game. Will the anticipation of the game be better than the game itself.....time will tell, but one better have good nerves either to play or watch this game. Good luck to all players coaches and fans....lets hold nothing back and leave it on the field!!!! Prayer of safety to all players....may God watch over them

No need to talk smack in this one. I think these two teams could play 10 times a split 5 games a piece. Either team could win big, or we could have a battle to the end.

Not to mention, there's too much riding on this game to be talking smack. The goal for everyone in this district has to be to finish in the top two to avoid a first round match-up against Boyle Co or Lexington Catholic. Don't mind playing either of those teams, but would prefer it not to be in Round 1. Then in round 2 we can show 'em what District 6 is all about and have rematch in the regional finals RCHS vs RCHS.
laker20 Wrote:No need to talk smack in this one. I think these two teams could play 10 times a split 5 games a piece. Either team could win big, or we could have a battle to the end.

Not to mention, there's too much riding on this game to be talking smack. The goal for everyone in this district has to be to finish in the top two to avoid a first round match-up against Boyle Co or Lexington Catholic. Don't mind playing either of those teams, but would prefer it not to be in Round 1. Then in round 2 we can show 'em what District 6 is all about and have rematch in the regional finals RCHS vs RCHS.

lots of respect between the two teams. im gonna 14-7 RC lol
Rock 24 Russell 14
I have not been wrong yet on my prediction.

Rock will stop the running game of Russell, bet on it.
Britt will be a marked man and if he tries to come up the middle, he will pay.
former Wrote:I have not been wrong yet on my prediction.

Rock will stop the running game of Russell, bet on it.
Britt will be a marked man and if he tries to come up the middle, he will pay.

He goes through the middle in Stealth mode, he'll be past the safety's before anyone even knows he has the ball.

Nick Britt...........brought to you by Nike Pro Stealth!
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Wow, really? Besides a select few, most PCC fans were very respectful of the Rockcastle program, especially those of us who actually know something about football (not many of our fans, unfortunately.) That is neither here nor there, as that game is over. On to the subject at hand...

This should be a really good game, I honestly don't know much about Russell County but I do know the Britt kid is a heckuva football player, and Rock is a very well disciplined physical team, should be a battle. I'll make a prediction later on this week.

From what I saw, you were very respectful GT. Sorry to lump you in. I just didn't post on there all week because I didn't feel like having to defend my opinion.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:This game should be wymt game of the week,and should be a good defensive battle. Rockcastle made a big statement beating PCC without Rowe. This team is for real and it good to see them back on top because I always have had so much respect for this program.I think Rockcastle will win this game with or without Rowe, but I hope he gets to play because I look foward to watching his highlights on SportsOvertime.

Rockcastle-20
Russell Co-13

I agree, this looks like it could be the best game involving Mt Football for the week, and an opportunity to show two undefeated Top 10 4A teams.....GOTW
Ill take Rock in this one but it will be a good game im sure!
I say again, Rock will stop Britt for less than 100. Rock will dominate the game
former Wrote:I say again, Rock will stop Britt for less than 100. Rock will dominate the game

They may very well, but others have tried and failed. I guarantee they have not seen speed like Britt has, but yes, he can be stopped. However, like Rowe, Britt is not our only weapon. So, if they put enough effort into stopping him, it only opens other opportunities.... we are quite capable of throwing the ball and have other backs capable of producing significant yardage. Britt will have a major impact on the game whether it be from yardage & scores, or the fact that Rock has to put so much focus on him that it opens something else up. I feel pretty confident that we will be able to put points up, the question in my mind is how well we can stop Rock's offense. They've been fairly balanced the last couple of games. So, we can't focus on one aspect of the game.
Rock will not dominate this game.
The two are too similar in styles.
I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Russell come away with the win.
There much better than anyone Rock has played so far.
Should be a great game.
I think Rock could blow us out. If either team fails to show up on both sides of the ball, then the other team is in for a long night and the spread could be significant. If both teams play as good as they're capable, then this could come down to who has the ball last. The styles are very similar and both teams have shown that they have more than one weapon when needed. This is not a game of Rowe vs Britt..............It' Rock vs Russell.
Rockastle Co. 34-26.
papagrit Wrote:From what I saw, you were very respectful GT. Sorry to lump you in. I just didn't post on there all week because I didn't feel like having to defend my opinion.

Alright, thanks for the clarification :Thumbs:.

As far as this game goes, if both teams show up, then this definitely has the potential for an AWESOME game. Rock's defense is unreal, the best way to attack them I think is to use a very balanced attack, and from what I have read Russell county has that. It seems to me this will be a showdown of run defenses, and whichever team has a stronger showing will probably win this one. That being said, with the game being at Rockcastle, I will take them in a close one.

Rock 21
Russell 14
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Alright, thanks for the clarification :Thumbs:.

As far as this game goes, if both teams show up, then this definitely has the potential for an AWESOME game. Rock's defense is unreal, the best way to attack them I think is to use a very balanced attack, and from what I have read Russell county has that. It seems to me this will be a showdown of run defenses, and whichever team has a stronger showing will probably win this one. That being said, with the game being at Rockcastle, I will take them in a close one.

Rock 21
Russell 14

You could be right, and Rock may have the best run defense of any team in the state. So, hopefully we can burn them on a pass play or two to open things up. It should be interesting to see what each team does based on how the game is going.
Can some one post stats of the 2 teams Defense
Rockcastle County will win this game very close