Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Dale send a message that Highlands has a new backup QB....
^ I was curious when I saw the name Bardo. I took it to mean he was on the football team, but not playing from an earlier post.
birdman44 Wrote:one year makes them way behind already. if they have to be made to play they cant be very inspiring football players. you have to show up to be a football player. Drew is the kind of kid that would do anything for his team to win. If you dont even want to show up, i dont want you on my field. There is always those kids that are too cool to play or have some other sport that is too important and say they WOULD be really good. If you are a great football player and dont play there is some injury reason or its cowardice. Who seriously would ever say im a great football player, but the sport really bores me, no one in my town is into it. Really, it comes down to having the stones to stick with it and be a man. Would'ves and could'ves are a pointless thing to talk about.

Maybe they will be on cover of could've magazine.

This is the kind of post that makes Highlands fan look stupid, calling kids cowardice because they want to play another sport other than football is just stupid!!! Next time you make a statement like this come see me and we can talk about it? It takes a real man to take shots at young men that may want to play football but due to other interest decide to play another sport he may be good at as well.
pigskin Wrote:This is the kind of post that makes Highlands fan look stupid, calling kids cowardice because they want to play another sport other than football is just stupid!!! Next time you make a statement like this come see me and we can talk about it? It takes a real man to take shots at young men that may want to play football but due to other interest decide to play another sport he may be good at as well.

lol....I can give you more examples if you like.:biggrin:
charlie22 Wrote:I'll think about your question next Fall. Right now, I don't care who the QB will be next year.

Houliston looked good in mop up duty against Dixie. You could have looked good in mop up duty against Dixie. Dixie's backups looked more poorly prepared than the starters did.

Not sure why this post bugs me so....Anyhow, McCoy is the backup and would lead this Bluebird team in much the same fashion as Towles IMO. A dual threat is a dual threat. McCoy is much more of an athlete and has much more presence than the young Houliston.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:or is there much more to this storyline?
A game against Dixie's defense is the perfect oppurtunity to build up his confidence.
nptb17 Wrote:A game against Dixie's defense is the perfect oppurtunity to build up his confidence.

Gee, lets see, uh, Pendleton Co., Mason Co., Holmes. I think he'll have plenty of opp's.
who's #4 For Highlands? He's a Running Back. I was impressed with him when I was watching the Dixie Heights game, he was running over people like it wasn't nothing and him a little bitty boy
Strikeout King Wrote:who's #4 For Highlands? He's a Running Back. I was impressed with him when I was watching the Dixie Heights game, he was running over people like it wasn't nothing and him a little bitty boy

Jr. Colin Seidl
Strikeout King Wrote:who's #4 For Highlands? He's a Running Back. I was impressed with him when I was watching the Dixie Heights game, he was running over people like it wasn't nothing and him a little bitty boy

To quote Hanford Dixon, "Colin Seidl is a player, I mean he is really a player."
Absolutely will give defenses fits.......'11 version of JK.
he's bad
Strikeout King Wrote:he's bad

He needs a light on the top of his helmet so the Bluebird faithful can enjoy.
lol
Highlands has always had a bunch of guys who could've played football, but elected to play other sports. Mainly basketball. There were more than a few who played for Coach Shields who could've helped us in the 80's but elected to opt for basketball only. Hey, but the basketball team won back then too.
birdman44 Wrote:one year makes them way behind already. if they have to be made to play they cant be very inspiring football players. you have to show up to be a football player. Drew is the kind of kid that would do anything for his team to win. If you dont even want to show up, i dont want you on my field. There is always those kids that are too cool to play or have some other sport that is too important and say they WOULD be really good. If you are a great football player and dont play there is some injury reason or its cowardice. Who seriously would ever say im a great football player, but the sport really bores me, no one in my town is into it. Really, it comes down to having the stones to stick with it and be a man. Would'ves and could'ves are a pointless thing to talk about.

Maybe they will be on cover of could've magazine.
Cowardice SERIOUSLY your talking about 15 year olds what are you like 50 years old you can take your commets about 15 years olds back over to blurgrass***** :redboxer:
is this the jv quarterback tht we are talking about??? because i saw highlands play trinity in jv the qb play was average to me
V_SoSpiffy Wrote:is this the jv quarterback tht we are talking about??? because i saw highlands play trinity in jv the qb play was average to me

Trinity's defense at all levels (Varsity, JV, and Frosh) can make even the best offense look suspect.