Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did Dale send a message that Highlands has a new backup QB....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
or is there much more to this storyline?
I've raved about the kid all day. Can't remember his name but I believe he is the 2nd best QB in NKY right now, behind only Towles! He's small, so hopefully he fills out a bit more, but he has the tools
Not sending any messages, just getting as much varsity playing time in HHS system as possible to take over the QB position for HHS next year. He had a lot of good looking young WR's also. The RB was fast and did a very nice job also (#4) but he too could beef up a little.
Stardust Wrote:I've raved about the kid all day. Can't remember his name but I believe he is the 2nd best QB in NKY right now, behind only Towles! He's small, so hopefully he fills out a bit more, but he has the tools

Drew Houliston, he is a soph. It was a nice surprise to see him, as I thought McCoy was the probable starter next year.
Drew has been a great QB since 8th grade. As an 8th grader he could look off recievers like tom brady. he started for the champion freshman team last year. thing is, he's a little short for a QB. I had heard that he was slated to play FS as a soph, but i think his skills blew up over the off season. McCoy is looking like a great WR, but i think there will be a debate over weather McCoy or Hueliston plays QB next year.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:or is there much more to this storyline?

My god wacky , how many threads do you feel you need to start about Highlands or Mueller? I expect any time for you top start a thread entitled:

*Dale Switches to Boxer Shorts..... What message is this sending?

or

*Dale Now Likes Kellogg's Corn Flakes..... Is this now gonna replace the Breakfast of Champions in Fort Thomas?

or

*Dale kicks His Pet Cat..... Is he making a statement that he's really really mad now?

Geeze, I realize there are people that are really big time supporters and sometimes go to extremes to support their team. Even so, these folks can act normal in most instances and have real lives to go along with it. Are you sure you dont have some sort of cumplusive disorder whereas your whole world revolves around Highlands football and Dale Mueller?
Bob Seger Wrote:My god wacky , how many threads do you feel you need to start about Highlands or Mueller? I expect any time for you top start a thread entitled:

or

*Dale Now Likes Kellogg's Corn Flakes..... Is this now gonna replace the Breakfast of Champions in Fort Thomas?

or

*Dale kicks His Pet Cat..... Is he making a statement that he's really really mad now?

Geeze, I realize there are people that are really big time supporters and sometimes go to extremes to support their team. Even so, these folks can act normal in most instances and have real lives to go along with it. Are you sure you dont have some sort of cumplusive disorder whereas your whole world revolves around Highlands football and Dale Mueller?

Bob what is wrong with you this week? I have tried to defend you,but you are acting like a child in all these HHS posts this week. At first I thought it was your attempt at humor, but it is obvious you have some deep hatred for HHS and are trying your best to put the fans and program down. Give it a rest, you are making yourself look like a fool.( I am sure you will not give it a rest and come back to try to rip me for some reason). And for the record, this thread is a very good post; but you would not know because you did not see Drew at QB last night. He highly impressed many people last night, ask Stardust (he is no HHS fan). By the way, isn't there a JC game tonight you should be listening to?
Bob Seger Wrote:My god wacky , how many threads do you feel you need to start about Highlands or Mueller? I expect any time for you top start a thread entitled:

or

or

Pot, meet kettle.:eyeroll:
sstack Wrote:Bob what is wrong with you this week? I have tried to defend you,but you are acting like a child in all these HHS posts this week. At first I thought it was your attempt at humor, but it is obvious you have some deep hatred for HHS and are trying your best to put the fans and program down. Give it a rest, you are making yourself look like a fool.( I am sure you will not give it a rest and come back to try to rip me for some reason). And for the record, this thread is a very good post; but you would not know because you did not see Drew at QB last night. He highly impressed many people last night, ask Stardust (he is no HHS fan). By the way, isn't there a JC game tonight you should be listening to?
Ah, you can lighten up SS. I am just making my point. Although admittedly probably exaggerated. I had to make myself look like a fool just to show a couple of you "Birds" how you come across in our threads. No one from Johnson Central ever at any time is critical of your coach, program or players. I think all we ever do is credit you people for having an elite coach and program, and say nice things (unless instigated), yet all we ever get in return from a couple of your fellow morons is the exact opposite in return. It gets really old. There are 2 of your fellow comrades that are the ultimate in just being plain arrogant (Left01 and Digger) and one that is the ultimate in just being plain stupid (just guess who that one is?:eyerollSmile. How about looking in the mirror here "SS" and accepting what I say as fact and you all try to be reciprocal in exchange for once. I'm ready to be civil and talk football when you guys are ready to stop all the crap. Until then............
Can you dig it? Wrote:Pot, meet kettle.:eyeroll:

uh huh!!!:eyeroll:
you are obviously interested if you read the thread...
We bird brains do get into it pretty crazy. but hey, the bungles are planning on being the worst team in NFL history for years, football finally woke up from its hibernation and we are lookn top shelf. Go Birds drive for 5.

i liked the Dale headlines. I think he eats nails and cougar blood for breakfast though.

Unregistered

no. Houliston is a nice QB and looked great last night but McCoy first backup QB this year and will start as 2012 QB. Would expect Houliston to take over the reins in 2013? Question will be whether or how best to get him on varsity field next year while McCoy is a QB. Probably in secondary which he also played as a two way as frosh last year and similar to role Bardo played as jr before taking over as QB as a senior a few years ago.
Unregistered Wrote:no. Houliston is a nice QB and looked great last night but McCoy first backup QB this year and will start as 2012 QB. Would expect Houliston to take over the reins in 2013? Question will be whether or how best to get him on varsity field next year while McCoy is a QB. Probably in secondary which he also played as a two way as frosh last year and similar to role Bardo played as jr before taking over as QB as a senior a few years ago.

I would not be to sure that McCoy is next years starter! Unless McCoy has improved a lot from last year, I see a lot of upsides to Houliston over McCoy. It will be fun to see how it plays out, and is nice to have the problem of too many good players. :Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, you can lighten up SS. I am just making my point. Although admittedly probably exaggerated. I had to make myself look like a fool just to show a couple of you "Birds" how you come across in our threads. No one from Johnson Central ever at any time is critical of your coach, program or players. I think all we ever do is credit you people for having an elite coach and program, and say nice things (unless instigated), yet all we ever get in return from a couple of your fellow morons is the exact opposite in return. It gets really old. There are 2 of your fellow comrades that are the ultimate in just being plain arrogant (Left01 and Digger) and one that is the ultimate in just being plain stupid (just guess who that one is?:eyerollSmile. How about looking in the mirror here "SS" and accepting what I say as fact and you all try to be reciprocal in exchange for once. I'm ready to be civil and talk football when you guys are ready to stop all the crap. Until then............

Bob,

Highlands thread. Don't worry about it if you don't like it. Same reason I don't read on the Paintsville threads. Why are ya throwin me in there as a bad egg? And where do you get I dislike Johnson Central? That's one of the games I most look forward to every year. I love seeing all my relatives around that time of the year and sending them home disappointed on a regular basis. That however, doesn't mean I don't root for y'all in other games. Sure JCentral beats up on a few little, real bad, teams, and also pads stats IMO. But, that doesn't mean you don't have a good team or I don't like y'all. I actually thought Johnson Central could have given Cincy X all they wanted in 09. Especially if you lured them down the Mountain Pkwy to your neck of the woods.

Hopefully your sensitivity on statements made by HHS supporters about other teams is not a reflection of the delicacy of the JCentral football ego. Give your team a little credit. I know your one of the top programs in KY and so do a lot of others.

You hurt my feelings singleing me out.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bob,

Highlands thread. Don't worry about it if you don't like it. Same reason I don't read on the Paintsville threads. Why are ya throwin me in there as a bad egg? And where do you get I dislike Johnson Central? That's one of the games I most look forward to every year. I love seeing all my relatives around that time of the year and sending them home disappointed on a regular basis. That however, doesn't mean I don't root for y'all in other games. Sure JCentral beats up on a few little, real bad, teams, and also pads stats IMO. But, that doesn't mean you don't have a good team or I don't like y'all. I actually thought Johnson Central could have given Cincy X all they wanted in 09. Especially if you lured them down the Mountain Pkwy to your neck of the woods.

Hopefully your sensitivity on statements made by HHS supporters about other teams is not a reflection of the delicacy of the JCentral football ego. Give your team a little credit. I know your one of the top programs in KY and so do a lot of others.

You hurt my feelings singleing me out.

I'll give you credit. You're good!!! That's was all almost believable.
I thought Dale was sending the message that "we have a sophomore that can run our offense when we call off the dogs and the varsity is finished for the night."

Of course, he also sent a message that "even without the first string, our JV is pretty darn good" and "watch out for the next two years."
No way in hell nothing against the kid but there are 2 better QB walking the halls of Highlands Bardo and Butler both are stronger faster and taller why they don't play is beyond me Drew Houliston is a good kid but not the best Highlands has one of the kids I talked about can throw 60 plus yards dead target and can run we need to get them away from the girls to play just my oppion.I think a lot more people will agree that know the 2
If so, somebody should make them play.
mrb5150 Wrote:No way in hell nothing against the kid but there are 2 better QB walking the halls of Highlands Bardo and Butler both are stronger faster and taller why they don't play is beyond me Drew Houliston is a good kid but not the best Highlands has one of the kids I talked about can throw 60 plus yards dead target and can run we need to get them away from the girls to play just my oppion.I think a lot more people will agree that know the 2

one year makes them way behind already. if they have to be made to play they cant be very inspiring football players. you have to show up to be a football player. Drew is the kind of kid that would do anything for his team to win. If you dont even want to show up, i dont want you on my field. There is always those kids that are too cool to play or have some other sport that is too important and say they WOULD be really good. If you are a great football player and dont play there is some injury reason or its cowardice. Who seriously would ever say im a great football player, but the sport really bores me, no one in my town is into it. Really, it comes down to having the stones to stick with it and be a man. Would'ves and could'ves are a pointless thing to talk about.

Maybe they will be on cover of could've magazine.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, you can lighten up SS. I am just making my point. Although admittedly probably exaggerated. I had to make myself look like a fool just to show a couple of you "Birds" how you come across in our threads. No one from Johnson Central ever at any time is critical of your coach, program or players. I think all we ever do is credit you people for having an elite coach and program, and say nice things (unless instigated), yet all we ever get in return from a couple of your fellow morons is the exact opposite in return. It gets really old. There are 2 of your fellow comrades that are the ultimate in just being plain arrogant (Left01 and Digger) and one that is the ultimate in just being plain stupid (just guess who that one is?:eyerollSmile. How about looking in the mirror here "SS" and accepting what I say as fact and you all try to be reciprocal in exchange for once. I'm ready to be civil and talk football when you guys are ready to stop all the crap. Until then............

Frankly speaking, Whack won't infiltrate JC threads much this year cuz there isn't really much to talk about. When I decide to give my 2 cents worth, deal with it. Now, continue to do what you do best and I will continue to enjoy the show.:moon:
^ Now that had sizzle to it:flame:
Stardust Wrote:^ Now that had sizzle to it:flame:

lol...Oh, you've not even begun to see sizzle yet Dusty.:yikes:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Frankly speaking, Whack won't infiltrate JC threads much this year cuz there isn't really much to talk about. When I decide to give my 2 cents worth, deal with it. Now, continue to do what you do best and I will continue to enjoy the show.:moon:

Oh you can count on that my moron buddy. THAT you can count on.:Thumbs:
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh you can count on that my moron buddy. THAT you can count on.:Thumbs:

Run r' up...:biglmao:
mrb5150 Wrote:No way in hell nothing against the kid but there are 2 better QB walking the halls of Highlands Bardo and Butler both are stronger faster and taller why they don't play is beyond me Drew Houliston is a good kid but not the best Highlands has one of the kids I talked about can throw 60 plus yards dead target and can run we need to get them away from the girls to play just my oppion.I think a lot more people will agree that know the 2

Sounds like they'd rather do something else. It takes commitment to the program that apparently neither of these boys has. I recall a Butler from FTJFL but don't remember him throwing 60 yds dead target... sounds like he's as good as Towles in your opinion.

What a great problem for Mueller to have...

I'll think about your question next Fall. Right now, I don't care who the QB will be next year.

Houliston looked good in mop up duty against Dixie. You could have looked good in mop up duty against Dixie. Dixie's backups looked more poorly prepared than the starters did.
The actual explicit message sent by Mueller after the game was that he was a little sad because he only had Towles for 13 more games. Did anyone else catch that?

I'd have to see this to believe it.
Did I see on here that there is another Bardo at HHS????
Stardust Wrote:Did I see on here that there is another Bardo at HHS????

Yes, according to an earlier poster, there is one who doesn't play football. I believe he may be a sophomore.... Perhaps we should start a thread along the lines of "How good could HHS be if the kids that decide not to play football actually played." That would be a colossal waste of time IMO.
Pages: 1 2