•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 35 Johnson Central 27
BCF4L Wrote:Get out of here. We don't need no stinkin' facts. It's Jim Matney we're talking about. How dare you not 100% support his decisions.

Have you ever met him or are you like some of the other posters on here that bash him without knowing him?
Don Carlo Wrote:You wouldn't know a sweep from a trap. Seriously ole blue sack for a user name? Are you kidding me,that sounds painful.

hurts my feelings when u talk to me that way :Sad04:
Bob Seger Wrote:If that was the case I would agree, but I dont think you can run enough plays in a game to average 400-600 yards of total offense on the ground like we have been doing, at 3 yards a crack. Do you? When you lead the state (or are at the top) in rushing every year and (one year the nation) it's hardly 3 yards and a cloud of dust. So far, with maybe only one or two exceptions in the last 5-6 years, HHS is the only team that has been able to even begin to slow down the high powered JCHS offensive run game,..And I wouldn't say that they stopped it. To me there is never anything more boring than watching the likes of Woodford Co. or one of the NKy teams we played in the playoffs continually put the ball in the air 3 out of every 4 plays. It makes for an extremely slow game that goes on and on forever. But then again some like vanilla and some like chocolate.

Obviously, I know it is all not 3 yards and they break off some long runs. But against Highlands it pretty much has been 3 yards at a crack and it shortens the game to give JC a better chance of winning by keeping HHS O off the field. The game flies by when we play a team like your style of O and I personally enjoy Friday nights at the games and think the passing game lengthens the games and makes it more exciting. You are allowed to have your opinion, but you are the minority.
Jon419 Wrote:Im not bashing Johnson Central in any way, the school has came a long way with the football program in the last ten years, and been a power in the last 5, but I dont see how anyone would consider the wishbone belly offense an exciting style.

The wishbone is effective in the mountains, and if you have the right players in the back field you can challenge some good teams with it. This can be proven by Belfry's state championships.

However with that being said, JC doesnt play 2A or 3A they have been in 5A and are now in 4A. When you play the bigger schools, and better competition in the state playoffs this style of offense will never take you all the way. (Not sure you could in the lower classes now either)When they prove me wrong Ill admit it, but I for one believe that a state championship will never be won by a team that has no passing game at all! This isnt 1980, or even 1990. Kentucky has two teams ranked in the National TOP 10... High School football in this state has came a long way in a short period of time. Im not trying to say you MUST run the spread, however passing MUST be, at least a threat from your offense if you want to win it all.
Would you care to name all of the schools in the last 5 years that have been able to stop their run game?

While your at it would you also care to name all the schools that have been able to beat Highlands that do have that awesome passing game you speak so highly of.

I cant say I disagree with that totally. Did you also know that at one time Matney had a QB at Sheldon Clark that set state passing records too? I dont think he is all that anti pass.
sstack Wrote:Obviously, I know it is all not 3 yards and they break off some long runs. But against Highlands it pretty much has been 3 yards at a crack and it shortens the game to give JC a better chance of winning by keeping HHS O off the field. The game flies by when we play a team like your style of O and I personally enjoy Friday nights at the games and think the passing game lengthens the games and makes it more exciting. You are allowed to have your opinion, but you are the minority.
You fail to mention even those teams that are so well diversified, as you want to phrase it , usually dont fare as well against you as that boring one dimensional offensive scheme that we present. You may not personally like it but it's worked pretty dang good against everybody from NKy except HHS. Matter of fact other than Fort Thomas that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense has blown out everybody we have faced from that neck of the woods(other than the '06 Cov Cath game I guess). I cant think of one other game where the score has even been close over the last 5 years. They have all been blowouts.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:4th qtr they ran about 6 or 7 sweeps to jude! i remember 3 in a row! :welcome:

Seen it with my own eyes
What I can't figure out is that I have been reprimanded for alot less than what has been going on in this thread. The language that has been used by a mod in here would have gotten some of regular posters in trouble. What gives.
king360 Wrote:Seen it with my own eyes

glad u did, cause evidently i was the only other one, everyone else must of seen a trap play!
OutsideLogic Wrote:What I can't figure out is that I have been reprimanded for alot less than what has been going on in this thread. The language that has been used by a mod in here would have gotten some of regular posters in trouble. What gives.

The rules on here have become A LOT more loose.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey zaga, I've seen your picture with those long flowing locks and all. You're still a rank amateur Seger wannabee. "Come see yo pappa".:biggrin:

Bob Seger wishes he could rip like me Wink
Bob Seger Wrote:You fail to mention even those teams that are so well diversified, as you want to phrase it , usually dont fare as well against you as that boring one dimensional offensive scheme that we present. You may not personally like it but it's worked pretty dang good against everybody from NKy except HHS. Matter of fact other than Fort Thomas that 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense has blown out everybody we have faced from that neck of the woods(other than the '06 Cov Cath game I guess). I cant think of one other game where the score has even been close over the last 5 years. They have all been blowouts.

I find it funny that you guys think that the JC-HHS game is your own little "state championship game". There is absolutely no way of knowing if you guys could have done anything after the Highlands game. But if you want to have your own little moral victory and imagine it as you guys have portrayed it have fun. I know people in padded rooms that would tell you you're crazy.
ballers Wrote:If Jude is as good as most people on here say..
I don't think PCC has much of a chance in this one..
There is also a lot of people that think Matt Robinson is that good..
So who knows, could be closer than most think..

Final Prediction:

JC - 34
PCC - 20

This guy is a football genius!
What's a check-down?
leecoukfan Wrote:Well, it looks like the Commodores will get to travel to Paintsville and experience the JJ Jude phenomenon!! It's a good thing that Perry Central was able to pull out a win against Prestonsburg because, they won't be winning this one! The Golden Eagles should win this one without much trouble IMO.

Johnson Central - 42

Perry Co. Central - 21

It's a good thing that Perry was able to pull out a win against Prestonsburg....
because that's the first of 2 upsets on the season.
Diogenes Wrote:PCC will score some points. JC's DBs are young and inexperienced, for the most part. PCC would do well to stick to the aerial attack. The line would be the heart of JC's defense. Expect that JC will try to put pressure on Huff all game long on defense to force bad decisions. Saw plenty of fumbled snaps and poor ball-handling in that game on PCC's part as well, which could lead to trouble if that's not shored up by Friday night.

Watching PCC against Prestonsburg, however, I also think JC's offense will have plenty of success also. You can key on Jude, but when it comes down to it, most teams do that, and it hasn't worked very often in the past. If a P-burg team missing its main cog for over a half of football could put up 34 points on the road against PCC...

Then what....
I take it you were going to follow that up with "then Perry Central will win this game"
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:We don't pass the ball very much... We line up across from you and smash you right in the mouth. For the most part there isn't anything that anyone can do about it. This is the same ole same ole every year. To hear most we are rebuilding every year either in the backfield or the line. JC is to the point now where we really don't rebuild we reload. OUr feeder systems are great and the numbers we get out are great. Every year people say something about having to replace this person or that person and every year it comes down to us and Highlands for a State Championship, with Highlands getting the win in a hard fought close game. Its pretty much that simple, however, every year it seems as though we are slowly closing that gap.

A.) You didn't smash PCC in the mouth
B.) They definitely did something about it
C.) You must have reloaded with blanks this year.
D.) You are the last thought on the Blue Birds' minds.
E.) It looks to be more complicated than you thought.
cougarfan08 Wrote:Johnson Central by 3 td's!

Try again bub Wink
eagles2011 Wrote:i think the last time jchs played perry centrel was like 70 -12. p-c not used to being hard ;they will fold up by half time .jj will run the ball all over pc . plus jchs wont show alot of there plays untill they have two.

Someone definitely folded at half-time.
legendary Wrote:Matt Robinson will be all over the field Friday night, no one can contain this kid..He's bringing the pain!

I wouldn't try to point out anyone's identity...
but you're doing a pretty good job of pointing out yours lol
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:In my opinion, no way JC looses this one. PCC over the last few years has not really shown that they can stop the run at all, and thats what they are going to get a heavy dose of... It doesn't matter how many times you score, at some point in time you have to hold someone to get the upper hand. Honestly, I don't think PCC can hold JC's first team.

JC Big

Honestly....
you were wrong
black&gold#1 Wrote:jc 48
pc14

a man of few words....
and they're all wrong
zaga_fan Wrote:I would like to set everyone's expectations for the outcome of this one.
If Perry Central loses....
I will be my typically grateful self and admit Johnson was the better team and PCC has a ways to go before they are an elite program like the Golden Eagles.

If Perry Central wins....
you Johnson fans probably don't want to get on here for a week or so lol

Without a doubt....
the most truthful statement posted on the prediction thread.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Johnson Central will roll in this one. Jude has 300 yards again. This time I don't know if Matney will pull him at all. Another statement will be made.

A.) They didn't roll
B.) No 300 yards
C.) Matney didn't pull him
D.) No statement was made

If that was a test you would have gotten a 25%
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Dont worry Eagle fans you will be flooding this thread in less than 12 hours. Zaga Fan will be his typical grateful self.

That was in response to my "truthful" post.
I'm grateful for the chance to raise it....
but that's about it.
johnny ringo Wrote:Im a Perry Fan but I will take JC. JC. 42 PCC 12. PCC hasnt been able to stop anyone in the schools history. Matt Robinson cant tackle everyone.

Here's Johnny!
FTL
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It feels so good to be back...........

This being the first meeting between JC and PCC in the Matney era, Perry Central is gonna find out what Johnson Central football is all about. Running the ball, getting tackled "tookdown" by our football players/wrestlers, hearing the cannon, our awesome speaker system and band til your ears hurt. Being jealous of our best-in-the-state facilities. And then after the game, having our fans tell you "good job son" and "best of luck the rest of the season." Yea, that's Johnson Central football.

This one stays close for awhile... Im gonna say mid part of the 3rd quarter this game quickly qets away from PCC, then JC starts doing what we do best.

JC - 52
PCC - 27

too much to comment on....
I'll just stick with old faithful Wink

ah boys...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Our Turf, track and field facilities, pool building, baseball and softball fields, home and visitors bleachers, concession stand, sound system, home and visitors locker room and weight rooms have to one of the best in the state. No questions, I know some other schools have some excellent facilities as well, but there is no way they are better than ours.

We just need a new scoreboard. I've asked several "Old Timers" from JC about our scoreboard, they all have said it was installed in the early early 90's. Some have even said late 80's. So, it's time for an upgrade.

Sounds good!!!
Just request an upgrade on your football team and you're good to go.
No dog in this fight at all, but I was a tad suprised by the outcome. I know JCHS has a Soph. QB who I have heard has great wheels and can run the wishbone well.

Maybe the loss of some of those complimentary players has set JCHS back just a tad.

Great win for Perry Co. Central, but nobody should count out Johnson Central as the season moves forward IMO.
Zaga, you have killed me. I laughed my ass off.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry with the upset!

J/K

I think Perry plays their hearts out and plays Johnson close until they pull away in the 4th.
JC by 3 TDs

You was wrong too. just saying. :Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:I find it funny that you guys think that the JC-HHS game is your own little "state championship game". There is absolutely no way of knowing if you guys could have done anything after the Highlands game. But if you want to have your own little moral victory and imagine it as you guys have portrayed it have fun. I know people in padded rooms that would tell you you're crazy.

Geez zaga, your just "Runnin Against the Wind" here. If you are going to talk trash to me at least quote me from a post that applies to what you are talking about.

As I mentioned earlier....... an AMATEUR wannabee!!!!!!:popcorn:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next