Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County @ Middlesboro
i wonder how many of these first time / new posters will be back on the boards after the game?
Watched the JV last night at bell high, a great game. M'boro and Bell had a couple a big plays the first half, but the second half it was all bell. halftime 22 to 20 M'boro final 40 to 22 Bell, the D really took a stand in the second half and with the middle school team playing really well the future looks bright on Log Mountain. GO BOCATS CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY
Since I am one of the only ones predicting a good game, I would assume you're talking to me, although I'm neither a first timer or new poster.

What you have to understand is that Middlesboro has absolutely nothing to lose in this game. We are getting a huge sum of money for our athletic program, we haven't beaten Bell since 97', we're not highly ranked, and we have roughly half the enrollment size.

Bell on the other hand has absolutely everything to lose. They aren't getting any money, they have a streak on the line, they're highly ranked, and they are a much bigger school. They have to win.

That being said, why would any Middlesboro poster not be back on here after the game? Because we were hopeful for a good game? Listen, I'm a baseball parent so I've experienced more than my fair share of success over the Bobcats through the years. However, the pressure is always on Middlesboro in baseball to win because we're the more dominant program in the rivalry.

The same is the case for Bell football. Albeit the series record is probably still near even, for the last 20 years, they've been the more dominant program so the pressure is on them.
Im not really going to get in a war in this thread due to having friends on both sides. I will say if Bell Co can score 27 against Lex Cath on a wet field and 32 against Lafayette on their field. No reason Bell Co cant put up 50+ against Middlesboro.

My predictions are 55-14 or 55-21. Also looking at a GREAT offenses in Cath and Lafayette put up 33 and 26 against Bell Co. I dont see Middlesboro going past those numbers.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Since I am one of the only ones predicting a good game, I would assume you're talking to me, although I'm neither a first timer or new poster.

What you have to understand is that Middlesboro has absolutely nothing to lose in this game. We are getting a huge sum of money for our athletic program, we haven't beaten Bell since 97', we're not highly ranked, and we have roughly half the enrollment size.

Bell on the other hand has absolutely everything to lose. They aren't getting any money, they have a streak on the line, they're highly ranked, and they are a much bigger school. They have to win.

That being said, why would any Middlesboro poster not be back on here after the game? Because we were hopeful for a good game? Listen, I'm a baseball parent so I've experienced more than my fair share of success over the Bobcats through the years. However, the pressure is always on Middlesboro in baseball to win because we're the more dominant program in the rivalry.

The same is the case for Bell football. Albeit the series record is probably still near even, for the last 20 years, they've been the more dominant program so the pressure is on them.

There is nothing wrong with you predicting a good game, you should be behind your team!But you may want to check on keeping all that money before you spend it because I thought each team got a lump some for playing in the Bowl, although I could be wrong, that is how its done sometimes. But we ALL know it is about much more than money, I'm talking about those bragging rights!! As far as the pressure goes on our boys to win...that's the deal every week not just this one.
In order for the two teams to play, it was agreed upon that Middlesboro keeps ALL gate and they get to host on Bell County's year. This is the second year in a row that it will be at Bradner Stadium.

And as far as pressure goes, it appears Bell County is only 50% successful when the pressure is on.
Middlesboro IS THE UNDERDOG. They have nothing to lose, they should not compete with Bell at this time. They are still building the program back. In a couple years they should compete. So the pressure is on Bell. Bragging rights are OK but district play and the playoffs are what counts. This game will make Middlesboro much better no matter the outcome. Good luck to both teams.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Since I am one of the only ones predicting a good game, I would assume you're talking to me, although I'm neither a first timer or new poster.

if you look back through the tread there are others who have any where between 1-10 post making a lot of predictions on both sides. i am just stating that come monday there will be several that we will never see again.

remember being hopeful of a good game and predicting a good game are different things.
Well actually if you want to talk about past scores, Bell beat M'Boro 36-0 in 2003 and 56-6 in 2004 it was after these 2 games that they stopped playing. If I recall 2003 was supposed to be a good game and Bell's Calvin Sampson returned the opening kick-off about 85+ yards to the glory land?
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this will be a good game. I have seen nothing from Bell County to make me think they will win in a blowout. Actually, there biggest weakness is there pass defense which doesn't bode well for this week.
Bell Co. 34-7.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this will be a good game. I have seen nothing from Bell County to make me think they will win in a blowout. Actually, there biggest weakness is there pass defense which doesn't bode well for this week.

Bell Co picked off 3 passes last week from a VERY GOOD team in Lafayette. Bell Co's pass D has came along way already in 2 games. :Thumbs:
Bell will win 49-14
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:When is the last time that the two teams played? Best I can remember, it was 2002 at Middlesboro and the final score was 20-0.

If Middlesboro has an edge in this game it would be that they are simply deeper in there WRs than Bell County is with their DBs. Granted, Bell may have the personnel to minimize Riddle's impact on the game. However, I watched Middlesboro's last game and Riddle was being double teamed and was hardly involved and they never missed a beat. They have 4 solid WRs and they all seem to be equally capable of making big plays. That being said, Riddle is the big play maker and they will get him involved.

Another thing that I disagree with when I read a lot of your posts is the idea that Roark needs a lot of time to be successful. In Middlesboro's offense, they run just as many short screens and slants as they do deep routes. They run out of shotgun which means Chase has even more time that he would have otherwise had to spend on his drop from under center. Add to that, the fact that their running back (Hughett) is more like an athletic lineman in the back field and I'd say the Middlesboro coaches feel pretty confident about their time in the pocket going into this game. Even Harlan showed success against Bell through the air in the Grid.

Middlesboro is no doubt the underdog, as they should be, being about the half the size of Bell County. However, I don't think this one has a chance of being a blowout; I think it's a good game to the end.

Played in '04, 56-6 best I can remember. Game consisted of Shawn Robbins running all over the field on you guys, which led to dropping Bell from the schedule and refusing to play for six years. I'm not completely sure I ever said Roark wont have time, if I did I apologize, but I'm thinking that my main argument was Middlesboro will have to find a way to keep Bells offense off the field..without them scoring. Have you seen the TOP in bell's two games? And to think bell cant pressure him is crazy. Lex Cath and Lafayette bot ran quite a bit of plays out of shotgun, and Bell was in their faces all night, don't see it going any different friday night. And as far as Harlan goes, no disrespect to them, they seem like a pretty solid team this year..hoping they make a deep run into the playoffs..but as far as your comment on harlan goes..It was the grid.. :please:
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Played in '04, 56-6 best I can remember. Game consisted of Shawn Robbins running all over the field on you guys, which led to dropping Bell from the schedule and refusing to play for six years. I'm not completely sure I ever said Roark wont have time, if I did I apologize, but I'm thinking that my main argument was Middlesboro will have to find a way to keep Bells offense off the field..without them scoring. Have you seen the TOP in bell's two games? And to think bell cant pressure him is crazy. Lex Cath and Lafayette bot ran quite a bit of plays out of shotgun, and Bell was in their faces all night, don't see it going any different friday night. And as far as Harlan goes, no disrespect to them, they seem like a pretty solid team this year..hoping they make a deep run into the playoffs..but as far as your comment on harlan goes..It was the grid.. :please:

As a Harlan fan I don't take any disrespect from that comment. It was the "grid" and it was a learning experience. We were happy that that early in the season we could have any success at all against a team like Bell. Reality is that we had no answer for Davenport or the strength and depth of Bell. But with that said we did find out that against 1 and 2A teams of our caliber we could have a pretty potent offense. We also learned what we needed to work on on defense. So,the experience at Bell was invaluable.

As far as Middleboro goes,to their own admission they don't stop the run very well,so how do they think they'll stop Bell. Teams that do stop the run well have a hard time with Davenport. Middlesboro better score everytime they get the ball cause Davenport and Bell will.
Bell by as many as they want.
Dragonsdad Wrote:As a Harlan fan I don't take any disrespect from that comment. It was the "grid" and it was a learning experience. We were happy that that early in the season we could have any success at all against a team like Bell. Reality is that we had no answer for Davenport or the strength and depth of Bell. But with that said we did find out that against 1 and 2A teams of our caliber we could have a pretty potent offense. We also learned what we needed to work on on defense. So,the experience at Bell was invaluable.

As far as Middleboro goes,to their own admission they don't stop the run very well,so how do they think they'll stop Bell. Teams that do stop the run well have a hard time with Davenport. Middlesboro better score everytime they get the ball cause Davenport and Bell will.

I was hoping that no disrespect would be taken away from it. A lot of times people don't realize the point of the Grid, and want to point and look at it too much. It's to get the kids out to play a little against someone other than themselves, see what they need to tweak and work on, and that's what both teams used it as and have improved greatly since.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:In order for the two teams to play, it was agreed upon that Middlesboro keeps ALL gate and they get to host on Bell County's year. This is the second year in a row that it will be at Bradner Stadium.

And as far as pressure goes, it appears Bell County is only 50% successful when the pressure is on.

Oh ok, I said I could be wrong. This way makes sense too, I don't know the inside scoop on the gate money.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Middlesboro IS THE UNDERDOG. They have nothing to lose, they should not compete with Bell at this time. They are still building the program back. In a couple years they should compete. So the pressure is on Bell. Bragging rights are OK but district play and the playoffs are what counts. This game will make Middlesboro much better no matter the outcome. Good luck to both teams.

I agree on the district play and playoffs, You must not be in the same book club I'm in because IF Middlesboro did win I would hear it for the rest of my life!
Bell County will win huge
the ONLY people on this thread saying Middlesboro has a chance is Middlesboro fans...I think these two teams playing again is great for the community, but mostly cause Ive missed seeing a Bell beat down of Middlesboro...Middlesboro = the University of Tennessee in my opinion, I cant stand em! lol
Bell County 45 Middlesboro 6 Davenport 3 touchdowns before the half
Straight from the Bell County coach himself in the Middlesboro Daily News today:

“We’ve kind of seen their offense the last two weeks with the teams we’ve played,” Mills said. “I’ll be honest with you, Chase Roark is better than the Lafayette quarterback we went against and I’d put him right up there with the Bolin kid from Lexington Catholic that’s been offered by Cincinnati, Louisville, Illinois and Notre Dame has come in one him.

“My thing is Chase Roark elevates everybody’s play around him. He makes the receivers better, he throws a nice football. We can’t give up the big play this week. They’re a high-powered offense, coach (Jason) Chappell does a great job. We’ve got our hands full and we know that and are preparing for them.”

I think Randy Frazier hit the nail on the head when he said this:

“I think the game is won on the defensive side of the ball,” he said. “Instead of looking at Cory and looking at Chase, you’ve got to look at who’s going to stop the other one. That’s what we’ve got to accomplish.”
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Straight from the Bell County coach himself in the Middlesboro Daily News today:

“We’ve kind of seen their offense the last two weeks with the teams we’ve played,” Mills said. “I’ll be honest with you, Chase Roark is better than the Lafayette quarterback we went against and I’d put him right up there with the Bolin kid from Lexington Catholic that’s been offered by Cincinnati, Louisville, Illinois and Notre Dame has come in one him.

“My thing is Chase Roark elevates everybody’s play around him. He makes the receivers better, he throws a nice football. We can’t give up the big play this week. They’re a high-powered offense, coach (Jason) Chappell does a great job. We’ve got our hands full and we know that and are preparing for them.”

I think Randy Frazier hit the nail on the head when he said this:

“I think the game is won on the defensive side of the ball,” he said. “Instead of looking at Cory and looking at Chase, you’ve got to look at who’s going to stop the other one. That’s what we’ve got to accomplish.”

Thats nice of Wayne saying that, but we can't put Middlesboro in there with Lex Cath on a overall performance. Bolin has the better team.
Middlesboro is supposed to lose by a bushel basket of t.ds.
Middlesboro By all means should lose badly.
Bell County Is Bigger, Stronger and faster..All across the board.
Bell has Much Better depth. Bell is a Much Bigger School.
Middlesboro gets beat no Big deal lucille...They are SUPPOSED to!!
Havent you heard Bell already has scored 30 points and its just wednesday.
But..If..I stress..If...dem lil boys fron daboro pulls off the biggest upset of the history of their rivalary.
Wayne will be squirming on the hot seat..like a big ole fat juicy bug on a coal stove.
Bell fans will no doubt in my mind be hitting the doctors offices for nerve meds at an all time
high come monday.. high EVEN for that area.
NOBODY in Bell County from the County Judge executive to the roadside can picker upper will they take that LOSS lightly to a tiny..helpless..puny little ole yeller jacket team. So Bell WILL NOT LOSE. BELL CANNOT LOSE.. They will win by 50 points of course..
But jest meebee..if the moon is just right...with a slight breeze blowing in from hignite mountain through noetown.....and the ghosts of middlesboros past come acalling the same ones from the COUNTLESS beatdowns that Middlesboro layed on those Bell Counties Bobcats players poor ole daddies,Uncles n grandpas...who knows.. pretty sure Middlesboro holds that overall win-loss record on this get together.
I hope all the middlesboro faithful are buying in on all this because it will hurt even worse friday night. BELL-48 BORO-7
Davenport runs WILD, 5 TD's and at least 340 yards rushing
Middlesboro does hold the overall record. What is the record since Bell Co and Lonejack school consolidated? Middlesboro ran from Bell Co, they got tired of losing all the time.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Middlesboro does hold the overall record. What is the record since Bell Co and Lonejack school consolidated? Middlesboro ran from Bell Co, they got tired of losing all the time.

19-2 Bell County
I don't see the Middlesboro defense stopping Cody Davenport! I think that the Bell O-Line will allow him to run all over the place!! Bobcats in a big way!!

Bell Co. - 42

Middlesboro - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON